I'm not sure whether this belongs in Veeky Forums, but I've broken on of my horns...

I'm not sure whether this belongs in Veeky Forums, but I've broken on of my horns. It caught a blade and was cut parallel to the skull, a few centimeters away from it.
For the moment, I have been given first aid and have fixed both pieces of the horn together in a temporary cast.

I really can't live with being a shatter-horn, so I need help in healing my horn. Magic won't help, as magi either don't care about such "trivial" matters or ask for absurd amounts of money.

My brother also had a broken horn once, which healed. He was raped so that his hair wouldn't get caught in the cast they put him, but his horn was broken under the skin.

As I'd much rather be shaved once than having a broken horn for life, how can I go around healing my horn?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rapar#Spanish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>He was raped so that his hair wouldn't get caught in the cast they put him

>I really can't live with being a shatter-horn
literally kys then
or live with it

>He was raped so that his hair wouldn't get caught in the cast they put him

I have no words. What a slip. I meant to say he was shaved.

I'll just leave the explanation here...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rapar#Spanish

I get the explanation.

Just....holy shit, that's hilarious.

I wonder if that's what the spanish teacher who teaches down the hall from me has to deal with.

So, in spain in the old days, you go down to your rapist-surgeons to get raped then healed up?

in satyr world, every word is autocorrected to rape.

entonces es "Y lo raparon para que su cabello no se le metiera en el yeso"?

but then you say shaved later on. how did you translate this? are you tired?

>As I'd much rather be shaved once than having a broken horn for life, how can I go around healing my horn?
Well, first, you gotta bend over just like your brother.

A slip of the tongue, in written form. Watching TV and posting isn't really a good idea.
On that note, "cabello" is sounds fabulous in spanish (castillan at least), "pelo" is more commonly used.
Could we go back to my horn?

I can see how you'd say that "pelo" is more commonly used, but It just sounds so vulgar when you say it. I guess if you're a guy you'd be more inclined to say "pelo" rather than "cabello"

on the subject of your horn, being so concerned over the loss of it really exalts your insecurities. If I were you i'd live one-horned and have a great conversation starter wherever I am. In my experience having an unusual physical feature that people are ashamed of bringing notice to but are unable to ignore gives you a great advantage socially.

If it really bothers you THAT much and you lack the means to have it fixed magically, you can have a buddy help you even it out and then just wear cloaks/hats/any other piece of headwear you find suitable, and just wait for them to grow back.

You can't. Horns are keratinous growths, the pieces won't heal back together. I recommend prosthetics, get some nice steel horns.

Not sure about insecurities, but horns are a man's worth. Being shatter-horn is being half a man. It matters that much among my kind.
And gods forbid using a prosthetic! They acuse you of having something to compensate for, which you do have.
Evening out the horns would make look like a youngling, which isn't exactly desirable. As long as it doesn't make me look like some sort of deviant.
Still, thanks for the advice.

Personally i would recommend some superglue if you still had the horn.

I do have the horn. What sort of glue works on keratinous growths? I don't mind my horns not being symmetrical, so it might just be the solution.

Conversation starter:
Unlike most satyrs I'm not two horny!

No idea; just try different types until something sticks or if all else fails just chop the other one off and pretend to be a female.

No problem, I can't quite understand where you're coming from, but I hope I was some help.

I don't think I'd look female to any race with the other horn chopped off. I'm sort of tall for a dwarf.

we recommend using citadel glue

this. its probably your only option.

I was wondering on how to heal actual horns, not a veiled question about miniatures, but good advice in that context.

You would probably have to use a bonding agent, rather than merely glue. Something like the cement or a ceramic bonding substance.

Are your horns living or merely keratanious? If they're only keratin then you could actually bond them with liquid metal, which would be easily misconstrued as decorative as opposed to repair. A low melting point metal such as gold, lead, or tin would be ideal.

Why are South Americans so oblivous to humor?

I got the joke, you can rest easy, annon.
I'm spanish, not south american. I talk about castillian spanish in a previous post, not latin spanish. Then again, this is off-topic.

Only the part closest of the skull grows, which I guess is what counts as living. Using metal is brillant. In many ways.

A plaster cast with reinforcement is the best bet, assuming it's a mostly keratinized horn like a cow's, but there is a good chance it still won't take.

But if it's a cattle type horn, that shit will grow for life. Cattle horns are like fingernails, just bigger. They'll keep on growing unless broken at the base, just file the other one down to match.

If it was a goat type horn, you're just straight-up dead and don't even know it yet.

Our horns have a bony core which extends half an inch from the skull, and the rest is keratin. Close to the core and the skull, it's irrigated by veins, but the rest is "dead". No blood vessels were hit by the cut.
I'm not dying, am I?

I suppose not, but now we know why your brother was raped. who was he going to tell once he was dead? you?