The Jedi are the good guys. Everything they say and do is right. No matter what

>The Jedi are the good guys. Everything they say and do is right. No matter what.

youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE

Why do people keep defending the jedi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KIMUmmbXOKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Step away! She has brought truth, and you condemn it? The arrogance! You will not harm him/her. You will not harm her ever again. How could you ever hope to know the threat you face, when you have never walked in the dark places of the galaxy—faced war and death on such a scale. If you had traveled far enough, rather than waiting for the echo to reach you, perhaps you would have seen it for what it was.

>There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side—it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death. Revan knew the power of such places… and the power in making them.

>They can be used to break the will of otherr. Of Jedi, promising them power, and turning them to the dark side. The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion… culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from—save one.

>And this is what I sought to understand. How one could turn away from such power, give up the Force… and still live. But I see what happened now. It is because you were afraid.

What did she mean by this?

She meant she fucked up again

How did she fucked up with the Exile?

She wins even if she loses. Her goal is not power but philosophy, to weaken the bounds of morality on the Jedi who have become narrow minded. Even when she dies, the only Jedi left are you and your disciples. Aka her disciple.

And if she does succeed in killing the force, nobody will be alive to blame her so it's a null event.

She doesn't want to kill the Force. She never did. That was Nihilus and his unthinking, unfeeling hunger.

She was Betrayal, the pain and loss of a trusted teacher meant to drive the student forward. She was the final obstacle meant to elevate you to that higher class of Force user, a more enlightened state beyond Light/Dark and Jedi/Sith. It's why she taunts you back to Malachor. Either you beat her and prove her right, or she beats you and the Force doesn't deserve to live anyway.

The jedi Exile No longer follows the Lightside of the Force. She can't be a jedi. Therefore after Dantooine the Jedi Became Extinct

>Why do people keep defending the jedi?

Because we're only interested in canon, not your fanfiction bullshit.

>Jedi are bad because muh non canon games

>non-canon
>implying they aren't subtly making KOTOR canon again
tbf, it's ages before any of the movies, so Disney probably doesn't care if it's canon or not

>implying I care that much about star wars outside of KotOR2

I'm cool with it existing in a bubble.

we JUST had this thread, give it a few days at least

KOTOR 2 is the best Star Wars since the 1980's bar none.

all they're doing is taking names and using them in a completely different context in new canon material

ie malachor being a single planet instead of an entire system

You mean to tell me the new writers are stealing what the old writers wrote? And disney doesn't hafta pay the old writers any royalties?? huh...go figure.

Because rule 1 is Kriea lies.

She always lies.

She's the fucking witch of betrayal. Why the flipping flying fuck are you trusting anything out of her mouth?

no
its old names slapped onto new content
it's literally only the names that have been elevated to the new canon

It's just so good.

Weirdly enough I gives me a LotR-esque feel. You travel through the remains of civilisations; the empty battlefields of wars both recent and ancient. There's a sense of melancholy there that's hard to capture.

The new Malachor is almost the same as the old one, except there's no V and the reason for it being an abyssal anus of the force is "vague mystical event."

Literally the same but lamer.

>vague
what part of a superweapon firing a mass petrification wave at an army of Jedi is vague

So it's even worse. They literally made a lamer superweapon do it; essentially cannibalising a perfectly fine part of the old EU and stripping it of meaning. I know originality is too much to ask for with any kind of extensive fictional universe, but c'mon.

The Cannonical Jedi Order, especially from the Clone Wars series, is dogmatic, grasping, brutish, and ultimately a self interestedolitical body that had long sense discarded greater precepts of integrity or justice.
At the end of the day, Jedi lie, cheat, menace, maim and mind control because it is expedient to their goals, which are rarely to the benefit of anyone else. They aren't the monolithic mustache twirling evil of the Sith, but they are far from any sane definition of good.

The jedi order follows the light. Stop lying

Reminder that the jedi were ruined by prequels and then the EU. How did we go from "noble space knights" to "scary, dogmatic, sexless monks" again?

Gotta get those grimdark points because that shows we're cool and mature.

It's almost like Kenobi and Yoda were nostalgic.
Imagine that, old men from another age being nostalgic?
Completely implausible, emulsions ruined

tho sarcasm aside, they weren't scary and dogmatic, just misguided really

>dude gravity bomb lmao
>meaning

The Jedi are not sexless. Even George said that they're not celibate; and there's nothing that forces them to be celibate in their codes - but a strict interpretation of the code might make it unlikely for a Jedi to seek out sexual partners simply because it's giving into lust, which can be a quite strong feeling.

Literally nothing in the movies implies that. We are, however, bashed in the head repeatedly with the idea that "attachments = bad" for the jedi, because George wanted to do the forbidden love trope, but couldn't be assed to come up with a clever and intersting way to do it.

Nothing in the movies states that they are supposed to be sexless either - only that attachments are forbidden.

Sex does led to attachment

So was he just a ghost the whole time? I wasn't really paying attention to anything he was doing until he starting saying cryptic shit at the end of the game

It can - but one night stands are a thing.

But again, a strict interpretation of the whole no attachments rule could definitely lead to a deeply conservative attitude towards sex and sexual partners leading to a self-imposed celibacy - but again, no rules the Jedi have actually state that their members absolutely 100% must be celibate.

The meaning was in the Exile, not the bomb, dumbass.

Since this is a Star Wars thread anyway...
I've developed a love-hate relationship with SWTOR very soon after it's release. I hated the MMORPG aspect, the clunky animations, the restricted dialogue, the absence of meaningful choices, but at the same time, I kept reinstalling it and renewing my subscription because it's the closest thing to KOTOR 3 we'll ever have. Also, imperial agent and sith warrior stories were decent.
Well, today I finally began Knights of the Fallen Empire and got to act 4 already. I didn't expect it, but it was actually pretty good! It actually felt like an RPG set in Star Wars universe, not a shitty WoW clone with a voice acting gimmick.
No fetch quests distracting you from the main story, cutscenes are polished, fights with mooks feel cinematic for a change and I actually fucking enjoyed them. The companions seem likable, the plot is tight, there are some actual meaingful choices, for fuck's sake! It was a great experience, and I actually look forward to continuing the story.

But then I felt sad, because even though the devs obviously tried their best this time and their focus wasn't split on two factions and eight different stories + hundeds of fetch quests, it's still restricted by the fact that it's an MMO, when it should have been a single player RPG.

> tfw we will never get KOTOR 3
> And if we will, it will be Dragon Age Cisquisition all over again

Stop posting

Between being an MMO and what I've heard about how it kind of shits on the two KOTOR games I doubt I'll ever bother to play it

Obsidian should have made Kotot 3

Patrician tastes, my dudes. That game told the story that universe needed. Fuck, I may have to fire it up again right now.

I never even liked the Exile to begin with, so I don't give a shit about her being sidelined. In fact, I also wish this happened to Revan too, because oh boy do they try to milk his character. Every time you hear his name, prepare to cringe.

Then it only gets worse when he appears personally. And then gets his own expansion pack!

Not all Jedi were right or good, just like not all Sith were wrong or bad.

Everything, just like in real life, has shades of morality.

In my FaD game my normally very Light Sided Jedi just started killing his way through an Imperial gladiatorial facility because they didn't value life or respect it. Yes it's bad to kill, but it's also wrong to leave people like that alive to enslave people for their entertainment and watch them die for money.

It would have been more wrong to leave the facility intact and without harm. This way it sends a message, that these things won't go unpunished, even if the Empire thinks they are big enough to get away with it.

Are you really dumb, or...?

The whole point was that the Jedi already WERE extinct. She was proving to those doddering, cowardly wrecks that they were no longer Jedi, and hadn't been for a long time.

Almost as bad as Atris calling the jedi conclave then leaking its location to the sith then chickening out and no-showing herself when she realized just how scary Nihilus was, killing off 95% of the jedi through her actions alone

>tfw just installed it for my dad to play through
Can't wait. Want to talk about it with him.

She's calling the Exile a coward. It's a personal betrayal on top of betraying her by using her to wipe out the last of the old Jedi. She's the Exile's teacher and in many ways the person the Exile is most intimate with. This betrayal and this statement is to make sure the Exile will come to her for the "final exam" on Malachor.

because chris avellone, while a fantastic writer, neither likes nor understands star wars. this is the same guy who thought that west coast fallout was getting too developed, and who's solution was to nuke it all back to oblivion. kotor II (when finished by modders) is a better game than kotor, but it's a worse star wars game

it also doesn't hurt that kenobi and yoda, even in the prequels era, are the best of the jedi. so maybe they were just blind to the failings of their surroundings

I am jellie, user - mine got dusted when the ol' xbox died.....never again do I get to Exile the shit out of Star Wars.
Feels bad, man. Was able to end uber light and uber dark; but i always wanted to try to end with my Force meter exactly in the middle to see what happens....

I also wonder if Kreia has any special dialogue for that.

Buy it on the Pc for ten dollars.

I got it on gog for $2.50 during a sale, senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=KIMUmmbXOKw

They also subtly added the squad from republic commando back into canon though only as a background easter egg so it's up in the air what they make official beyond their existence.

Didn't like the Inquisitor story?

the main story was the lest offensive part of inquisition. the secondary fetch quests and open world were absolutely godawful

Greatest Love Story

I meant for SWTOR, the Inquisitor class

I like to imagine a philosophically great jedi (not counting Luke, who turned out to be a dead-beat master anyway) looks more like Qui-Gon than like Yoda.

I wonder why other people never tried that lightsaber technique.

Its more of a last resort

Was Kreia speech about Redemption right? I mean it left me uneasy

>Inquisitor story
The light-sided inquisitor is the best way to play it.

Was Darth Marr the Best Sith of the Old Republic MMO?

How so?

That means it challenges something you hold deeply. Even if she's wrong, she did good by you.

>How so?
It takes considerable effort to pull it off. She only started using it after she lost her remaining hand.

Daily Reminder that Kreia was full of shit and the basic premise of her plan was based on a flawed understanding of the Force.

KotOR is canon.

The Clone Wars TV show is in the canon and in that show they mention the Old Republic. It's canon

You're a retard.

The Old Republic was also mentioned in Episode IV by Ben Kenobi. It's how people referred to the Republic after it fell.

That's not even remotely how it works.

Are you actually retarded?
YES there was A old republic, but they never establish that all of kotor happened. They redesigned the ships, changed the planets, ect.
Korriban is now Morriband, and malachor is something dumb all together. Hell, even Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that Kotor is still legends, they just have creative control, so they can take any element or theme from legends content and reuse it.
Christ, Its 2017, this has been known for three years now.

That doesn't really verify any of the of the specifics on their own, though I think getting too specific on the details of either one of those games kind of cheapens them.

This thread is full of retards and I'm so glad I'll never have any of you in my games.

But we are in your board

>yet again Veeky Forums decided to buy tickets to the ruse cruise

Who's to say you don't?

I never really played to late levels. What was so good about him?

Tip that fedora harder senpai, your here with us forever.

He wasn't white. It paved way for more diverse cast

Hes just Vader if vader wasn't an asthmatic cyborg, but instead, just Chad in a space suit.

All Sith are wrong and bad though, because they're corrupted by the Dark Side and are fueled by negativity.

Even the light sith

Light side BH keeps ending up feeling like Cowboy Bebop.

Meh. I'm sure there are Sith that naturally fell into the Light Side (or "natural state of the Force" if that phrase offends your sensibilities) while still calling themselves Sith.

Princess Kylo might even end up being that.

>believing Obshitian bullshit

Can you be more of a tool?

Todd Please

Whoever the light side sith warrior was was the best.

"FOR THE EMPIRE. ALSO FUCK YOUR SHIT, IMMA DO IT MY WAY."

I keep being told that each class in TOR is better when playing a certain side of either Light or Dark, is it true? If it is true what's the best side for each class?

This is true, more love obviously went into some alignments than others. I don't remember exactly what was best other than broadly the opposite of what you'd expect like dark side Knight and light side Warrior.

Bioware please

But why was the Exile a girl

>Bioware
That's not an argument, if you didn't understand i was just curious to hears opinios on something that was mentioned in this very thread

>it's a "grey jedi" episode

That term suffers more from not having a solid definition and examples than it does from supposedly "not existing."

If you call someone like Qui-Gon a grey jedi, then the term seems kind of weak because it just connotes a rebellious jedi who ultimately still follows the rules.

So she can be Revan's love interest, but then they fucked that up in TOR by killing her offscreen.

Because that's what Lucas Arts decided was canon as far as the story of the game was concerned yes i now both Kotkr aren't canon

Something being Canon doesn't mean it's good

You mean in the tie -n novel called The Old Republic: Revan: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic_Revan
If you thought the game was bad then oh boy this was worse

>They shafted the exile.
>They shafted revan
>Exile has he force powe return
>The Jedi Purge never happen
>all of that no.
What the fuck were they thinking?

Kind of interesting that it was better than KOTOR1 considering usually sequels are worse. Both were great, but KOTOR2 was absolutely fantastic story, character, and lore wise. There are very few negative things I can think up about that game. These concepts are always canon in my groups' campaigns thank fuck