The Human Mind: 600 miles of synaptic fiber, five and a half ounces of cranial fluid...

>The Human Mind: 600 miles of synaptic fiber, five and a half ounces of cranial fluid, 1500 grams of complex neural matter... a three-pound pile of dreams. But I'll tell you what it really is. It is the ultimate battlefield--and, the ultimate weapon. The wars of this modern age--The Psychic Age--are fought somewhere between these damp, curvaceous undulations. From this day forward, you are all psychic soldiers. Paranormal paratroopers! Mental marines who are about to ship out on the adventure of their lives! This (points to the brain diagram) is our beachhead! And this [points to his own head] is your landing craft. You shall engage the enemy in his own mentality--you shall chase his dreams, you shall fight his demons, you shall live his nightmares! And those of you who fight well, you will find yourselves on the path to becoming international secret agents-- in other words... Psychonauts!! The rest of you... will die!

This is your next campaign. What's your character like? Who's your BBEG? Who's the summer camp cutie you're macking on?

>What's your character like?
Mewtwo.

>Who's your BBEG?
Mentok The Mind Taker.

>Who's the summer camp cutie you're macking on?
Carrie.

No, but seriously what system would be the better to run a Psychonauts game in?

I'd guess GURPS but maybe Mutants and Masterminds could work too?

That's cheating, those two can run anything.

Then what about Lacuna?

>Lacuna
This one I don't know. Tell me more.

>This RPG provides a dark, surreal setting where the players are Mystery Agents diving into the collective unconscious to dispatch Hostile Personalities to the Lacuna. Criminals are then "cured" of their "criminal disease" in order to provide "a better, safer world."

I've never played it but I've always thought the premise was pretty cool. I'm sure it would require a bit of homebrew to lighten the tone but it sounds like it has some of the right mechanical components.

ORE/Wild Talents

So the mental world sometimes ignores the laws of physics... can any system handle that and handle the switch back to the real world?

I'm the DM, so I'd probably be a camp counselor who smokes a pack a day to keep his twitchiness in check. A bachelor who's pathetically bad at cooking, as in 'freezes toast' bad. Has an extensive Def Leppard collection.
>Who's your BBEG?
Probably some horrid entity from the beyond that finds human dreams delicious and introduces shit-inducing nightmares and hallucinations in the campers as his form of haute cuisine.

I only have one friend to play with but I'd like to try being the DM who controls all the kids at the camp while my friend plays as the only camp counselor that didn't mysteriously disappear.

>Josh got into a fight with his invisible girlfriend and they're not talking
>Laura's accidentally switched minds with her pet turtle
>Kara's charging batteries between her hands while apologizing for overloading your radio.
>And Timmy's shadow is still moving

Dice and Glory has an entire system devoted to psionics that separates them into disciplines like pyrokinesis, healing, etc and has difficulty checks based on the situation.

It's the only non-GURPS system I can think of that really expands on the basic psychic idea into different skillsets.

DRYH maybe, if you plan on the characters not being amazingly talented psi-geniuses that never struggle with their powers

MnM would get kinda samey on the characters if they're all psychics doing psychic things. Although other systerms probably will too.

My Character: pic related, invisibility and telepathy
My Cutie: pic related, powerful but volatile electro-kinesis
BBEG: Head counselor for the rich kid's camp across the lake. Fuck that guy.

Why would you give Shinji electro-kinesis?

I'm not sure the madness and exhaustion stuff really work in this context.

Wheelchair bound boy who gets around by pushing his own chair with telekinesis
>Who's your BBEG?
Group of mentally broken psychics with multiple personalities that are fighting a secret and destructive war with their alternate personalities.
The christmas cake-y camp nurse

Did my choice... shock you?

a beanpole trying to lift...WITH HIS MIND! HUGE MENTAL GAINS!

>Who's your BBEG?
a sentient psionic amalgamation of people's fears and trauma haunting the staff and kids, feeding on their bad vibes

The fit chick

>bump

Ordinary Goldfish in a standard glass bowl. Cannot communicate in any method but telepathy. Powerful telekinetic ability. Goes by the name Fishy Mc Fishface.

The Camp Counsellors Psychic Cat

The fish in the lake. Its a forbidden love.

absurdly chill 15 year old whose been spent to camp to straightnen out, a major general like the dude from full metal jacket, males only.