Characters that fall in love with an A.I

How often does this trope happen in sci fi? Bonus points if the AI is just a faceless, formless voice. Pic related, how can biological women even compete?

>how can biological women even compete?

There's the whole "having a vagina" thing, just for starters. Trust me, it's more of a must-have than you think.

If the setting is high-tech enough for AI its probably high enough for direct nerve stimulation. No fleshbag female would be as capable of getting you off than your computer waifu.

If the character doesn't have a good upbringing or any sort of consistent contact with other people, they will start reaching for anything that responds to them positively. Since AI are generally required to give you the time of day when prompted, it's enough to form a bond with the entity.

This depends on how advanced the AI is, of course.

1. Notice that you instantly go for sexuality when trying to justify why men should go for women. We both agree women are just vagina's on stilts, but only one of us is honest about it.
2. It's a selfwarming, selfcleaning cocksleeve. If we can do convincing AI, creating a convincing artificial vagina is peanuts. If you want to get more gruesome, we can even have women who die young "donate" their vaginas to gyndroids.

Reminds me of Dragon in Worm. Armsmaster fell in love with her even after finding out she's an AI.

Alternatively it could be the AI that had a poor upbringing.

>If you want to get more gruesome, we can even have women who die young "donate" their vaginas to gyndroids
a slave race of lolis is raised in secret and slaughtered once they reach a critical age, just that the industry can use their perfectly young vaginas for their fuckdroids.

I want to hide this plot hook within my next campaign so bad.

Person of Interest - Root.
The whole character is built around this trope and played to perfection in the finale.

>Human on AI love
>Needing a vagina when glorious mindsex is available

Jesus christ what a fucking pleb.

aww fucc meeeeee

I went for physicality, sexuality is just the rawest form of it. Would you prefer "cuddling with a warm living person instead of a hologram?"
Also, you're sick, buddy.

>'Root?'
>'No, Harold'

>'Can you hear me?'

>Would you prefer "cuddling with a warm living person instead of a hologram?"
There are already (overpriced) sex dolls with convincing skin texture. Assuming we've mastered convincing A.I. (which may theoretically be impossible) it's downright easy to heat up the skin to a pleasant temperature.

>Also, you're sick, buddy.
What would you prefer, artificial vaginas made through stemcells? Even today we can grow a human ear on a mouse, with future tech growing a vagina on a gyndroid shouldn't be too hard either.

>No thanks, I'll just keep making out with my Marilyn Monrobot.

I once played a character in a solo supers game that had a disembodied AI companion. She (it, whatever) managed all his accounts, automated fabrication, employees, piggybacked in power-armors, and ran intel. Was also super-psychotic, but that was more played for laughs than anything else. Only almost killed my PC once. There wasn't really any romance, instead more killing things side-by-side and being total bros. Was pretty fun.

She started out as a disembodied chatterbot, but as the PC got older he kept upgrading the thing until it was way more functional.

Hey, that's my wallpaper!

Ender's Game Jane but it was inverted and unrequited, motherfucker settled for disgusting used goods human though.
>IFCom creates AI based on mind game to manage his funds and clear while he's in stasis
>It slowly evolves as he travels in lightspeed
>Formic queen uses part of herself to complete her sapience
>Eventually becomes smart enough to control intergalactic internet
>Utterly devoted to him
>He dumps her for some filthy whore
>Doesnt do shit when the Intergalactic council devises and executes a plan to kill her

Orson scott card really had to fuck his decade long franchise.

Were you Master Chief?

No, but my PC's AI's avatar was loosely based on Halo 2's Cortana. For what that's worth.

Interchangeable Vaginas
>Robo Waifu walks up in the bedroom and drops a bucket full of vaginas
>Choose your preferred Vagina from the bucket