I want to blast fucking everything with magic and be as minmaxed as possible for it in DnD 5e

I want to blast fucking everything with magic and be as minmaxed as possible for it in DnD 5e.

Fuck specializing in support spells, that shit is for gaylords who want to do "le epic keikakus", I want death lasers.

How do I do this, Veeky Forums? How do I blast ALL the goblins? I want to touhou so hard my lasers leave a giant imprint of my dick in the fucking mountains and hundreds of years later people worship it.

Druid. Moonbean is fucking hax.

Batman Wizard fags are the same kind of people who play Sidereals and Acanthus Mages, lame faggots who want to feel like smug puppetmasters. I want to do the damage and fuck all of their girlfriends, not summon Mordenkainen's Sodomy Hut to sleep eight hours and hope the boss is still there when I get back.

Death lasers is real magic.

How do I achieve maximum power?

By playing something else.

DnD has fucking awful damaging spells that are rarely worth it.

Probably this with a Dragon Sorc multiclass, so you get the elemental boost to damage, and Metamagic to re-roll damage of attacks, and maybe a dip into Tempest Cleric to maximize that Lightning or Thunder Damage once per day.

Overall a really powerful Lightning/Thunder based class. That's going to give you your best AOE Stuff.

Variant Human if your DM allows it, Arakokra if not, and if neither are allowed, Half-elf, using Sword Coast rules to cherry pick some of the better Elf features.

Of course, this is thinking as a powergamer. If you want a real fun time with an actual character, play Arcane Trickster 3, then multiclass into Wizard. Skillmonkey Caster is FUN.

>Sidereals and Acanthus Mages
So along with their other sins, they like shit games, too.

>Batman Wizard fags are the same kind of people who play Sidereals and Acanthus Mages, lame faggots who want to feel like smug puppetmasters. I want to do the damage and fuck all of their girlfriends, not summon Mordenkainen's Sodomy Hut to sleep eight hours and hope the boss is still there when I get back.

This. This shit is designed to appeal to a specific subset of sit-around-do-nothing-feel-smug-about-it nerds and has been rewarded and encouraged for years by Wizards of the Coast.

They also tend to be the same people who insist that their characters can use modern science ingame with one side of their mouth and that RAW is the literal physics of the gameworld with the other, all with the same identical, stupid smirk on their face and the same look of slack-jawed stupidity when you tell them that their railgun doesn't work, and neither does the peasant railgun.

This is the one and only hobby that was improved by normies getting involved with it.

>Of course, this is thinking as a powergamer. If you want a real fun time with an actual character, play Arcane Trickster 3, then multiclass into Wizard. Skillmonkey Caster is FUN.

This is exactly what wasn't wanted you stupid fuck, go drown yourself in your piss jars and take your gay non-laser mage with you.

(you)

It's a shame because the idea about going Sorcerer/Cleric might be good for a Mike Pence build, but then he had to vomit out his autism onto the thread with its literal antithesis.

>actual character
>skillmonkey

I can smell the cheetos dust.

Sidereals and Acanthoi suck ass. They're for those people who watched Death Note and were infatuated with the idea of being THE BESTEST AND MOST CLEVEREST without ever leaving their mom's basements.

Sorcerer. They won't have enough spells to fuck around with any of that support crap.

Mage and Exalted are good games.

Ah, sorry. I retract my statement entirely on the matter. I just finished a huge 5e campaign that lasted through a year, and that build was a particularly favorite character of mine. More shilling my preferences than trying to say "X is REAL character creation."

So... I do apologize.

Not good enough. Timestamped photo of you cutting off the tip of your pinky finger now please.

Mage was good setting, Absolutely terrible system.

Fair. New mage has a good system tho.

If you like taking twenty minutes per turn or having to literally adjudicate all damage because someone has Matter and Forces.

The part about drowning in your own piss jars was hopefully a joke. We're not /v/-level...yet.

How about I commit sudoku instead?

Can we give special mention to the "imma stunlock you with tripping/grappling/stunning"fags? They are so obnoxious.

Warlock, take the eldritch blast boosting class features. Possibly multiclass into sorcerer after the first two levels for metamagic, more slots, and a bigger spell list.

Twilight druid is probably the blastiest thing out there, if UA is allowed. The fluff for it is kind of a mess though.

Core only, Sorcerer is the main nova caster, but if you can convince your DM that damage for items scales for every pound that you use, then nothing beats a conjuration wizard making cubes of acid drop on people for 20d6 damage.

Death-laser builds have downsides though, if you built like that I would plan a dialog-heavy homebrew or published material.

Plus death-laser builds aren't fun to play with against enemies with high AC because you might as well play a fighter if you want to wreck everything because at least there you get 4 attacks.

The trick is to diversify your attack spells. If it has a high AC, then target a saving throw, preferably Dex.

Also what I'd do, op, is take whatever lets me either reroll, roll more, or maximize damage dice. I think the evoker school wizard is good for that.

>Death-laser builds have downsides though, if you built like that I would plan a dialog-heavy homebrew or published material.

Then you'd better skip this thread and head to the oncology ward, because you're cancer

What RPG has the best system/meta for damage-focussed casters? I have a recent craving of bathing my enemies in flame and I don't know how to satisfy it.

I absolutely 100% support this mentality. Fuckin rock on my magic niggas.

If one player destroys everything in one-shot its not fun for the players, its the same rationale behind banning UA because it makes the game boring for everyone else.

>Death-laser builds have downsides though, if you built like that I would plan a dialog-heavy homebrew or published material.
>deliberately sidelining players
>probably punishing them when they start zapping mouthy NPCs

Turn in your screen and dice, you're done running games in this town.

I used to hear sorcerer/warlock could do some crazy damage, back when I was still doing 5e.

>implying Sorcerers don't have high Charisma.

One player killing everything in the game sidelines other players, I'm not there to entertain just you I'm there to entertain everybody.

>Warlock, take the eldritch blast boosting class features. Possibly multiclass into sorcerer after the first two levels for metamagic, more slots, and a bigger spell list.

Seconding this. Warlock 2/Sorceror X

Take eldritch blast (with agonizing blast) and hex.

At level 6 you can in a single round shoot eldritch blast with two beams, for 1d10+1d6+4. And then quicken spell to do it again. Which averages out at 52 damage a turn.

Plus pact magic mixes with metamagic in odd and amazing ways if your GM lets you abuse it.

>hurr durr nice blaster mage user time to talk a lot
"I cast death-laser at him instead"
>YOU CAN'T DO THAT THIS AN RP HEAVY GAME
I. CAST. DEATH-LASER

>Plus death-laser builds aren't fun to play with against enemies with high AC because you might as well play a fighter if you want to wreck everything because at least there you get 4 attacks.
>play what I think is good or I'll narratively punish you

Who let you out of the sewer? There is no word foul enough or vehement enough to describe you.

Rage magic, best magic.

I want to shatter the earth beneath my feet. I want to crack open stars. I want to obliterate everything. Real, primal power is best.

No Venetian shit. I want to scream and crackle with power granted from beyond. Lightning arcing, the world bending. No wizard towers just a backpack, a sleeping roll and some snacks.

Closest I got was my 2e Mage who had 2 dots in forces and exploded a house as police tried to arrest him. He was a handyman. He left something different.

Holy shit, that wizard is ripped as fuck. Look at him, look at homeboy's toned yet not obnoxiously tryhard abs. He's not sacrificing that nubile blonde, he just got done fucking her and is imbuing her with demonic energy so she can keep up with his Merlin's Magnificent Mansaber all night long on his demiplane of love.

Ok, so Sorc is the guy who gets to do crazy things with the spells he has, while Warlock gets to do a couple things really well very consistently.

A Warlock will be able to Snipe Eldritch Blast, add Charisma to damage every time, and knock them back every single turn. Doing quite a bit of damage every round.

The Sorc, on the other hand, gets to choose from a very limited set of spells, but gets to use them fluidly. The other guy will be able to do more in the long run, but the Sort that can force your enemies to fail saving throws, then re-roll damage on spell attacks to maximize the effect of a Fireball will be able to pull off the 1-hit kill more often.

Yet somehow this is fine for the Fighter? Yeah, nah bro. NAH.

Glass cannons aren't just glass, they're CANNONS. Mages doing fuckloads of damage is a staple of the genre. I'm sure Support Bitch, Meatlord the Tank, and Brooding Backstab Guy get plenty of work too the same as they do in every game that isn't run by a knuckle-dragging regressive.

>Rage magic

Isn't that a shitty Barb/Sorc gish from 3.5?

I hate WoD mage because having phenomenal cosmic powers and having to hide them is as gay as an anti-Trump protester with a Refugees Welcome sign.

I think he means as a multiclass.

There's a barbarian archetype in 5e UA that summons up a storm while they're raging. Hurling lightning out of pure anger works.

You are the kind of person Muslims throw shoes at.