I want to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh after having not played for about 10 years. I don't know where to start though...

I want to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh after having not played for about 10 years. I don't know where to start though. What are some good structure decks or whatever to buy in order to get started?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs08XuC62LU
youtube.com/watch?v=-sDExe3GcBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you sure about this, friend?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs08XuC62LU

Well, Yugioh is more /v/ than Veeky Forums, oddly enough.

It's also pretty Fucking broken. Don't do it.

Maybe go MTG, but if not, Veeky Forums seems to like Android Netrunner.

Nah fuck MTG, shit is too expensive. Yugioh is expensive too but not as much as MTG

Bump

Why is Yugioh more /v/ than Veeky Forums? Both are card games, and he's not talking about any specific yugioh video game.

YGO is cheaper in the short term, but the short term is much, much shorter so it ends up being more expensive after about a year or two
No one here actually likes YGO and all the people that do like it play if on the online thing in /v/ or Veeky Forums

Oh

Oh?

If you want to start playing for nostalgia/collecting reasons and don't give a fuck about playability.
>Legendary decks 1 or 2
>Pros: Each collection has 3 deck with a lot of old and iconic cards, 3 decks so you can play with your friends
>Cons: Extremely bad deal money wise, bad decks ( specially the ones in legendary decks 1) and not for tournament use.

If you want to start playing but you don't want to use the newer mechanics for some reason
>3 of the Monarch structure deck
>Pros: Very straightforward deck, can actually put up a fight against some decks, easy to learn and cheap
>Cons: Extremely fucked over by the banlist (if you don't care about the banlist I guess this is moot), not tournament viable.

If you want to start playing and want to git gud.
>3 of the DDD (Pendulum Domination) structure deck
>Pros: Teaches your all of the summoning method (except ritual), very fun, cheap (main deck cards, extra deck is very expensive) and full of interesting combos, will let you keikaku doori and leave stuff aside for now, will stay meta for at least some months, easiest way to get into competitive yugioh in my opinion
>Cons: Very expensive extra deck, requires some knowledge of game mechanics

Thanks for a nonretarded answer.

But user, that answer was retarded. Because yugioh is retarded. Just like your original question. And you

Why is that whenever somebody asks about something, and people tell him to not worry about because the thing is bad, invariably they get butthurt and super salty that objectively correct information gets posted?

Yu-gi-oh is shit and only spics and niggers play it

May I add cool niggers?

youtube.com/watch?v=-sDExe3GcBg

Just play pokemon tcg

Don't do it, the games is absolute shit now, unless you like a game where the winner is determined by who goes first, since there's a million ways to cycle through (at least) half your deck and fill your field with 3000+ ATK monsters on the first turn. XYZ was bullshit, and it all just went down from there.

You're welcome. As you can see yugioh is not very well received in Veeky Forums, you have a better chance of having a more meaningful discussion on the /dng/ (Veeky Forums). The game is not without its flaws and people here will be very happy to tell what's wrong with yugioh but they seem to somehow miss the real problem and just parrot what they have been hearing about the game.

Like said, the game is very much decided in a who goes first basis but it's not the monster's attack values that are relevant, it's the fact that every single relevant boss monsters is able to negate effects basically shutting your strategy down.

My advice, before throwing money at a game you may or may not like, try downloading ygopro first and play there. It's a free online (and automated, to help you get the hang of mechanics and rules) simulator which has all the cards available.

>Grown ass niggas are playing a children's game

The problem with Yu-Gi-Oh is that it doesn't resemble the original game at all anymore. Special summons are the only real summons, the extra deck is the majority of your strategy, and the game is so fast that your starting hand will let you know if you win or lose. A few years ago I considered coughing up the ton of money required for a different dimensions deck but before I even managed to save up some extra cash for the thing the meta changed. Again.

My actual deck at the time was full of ancient cards or cards my friends didn't want and gave me. When it worked it was pic related.

When you say 'original game', what era or format are you thinking about?

>Yugioh is expensive too
You can buy a tournament worthy deck for $30, in the form of structure decks. How is that expensive?

>The problem with Yu-Gi-Oh is that it doesn't resemble the original game at all anymore
How is that a problem? The original game was shit and slow, and if you really want to relive that nightmare just download duel links.

>Implying children can actually play a childrens card game.