>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Missed some questions last thread, the supernova class fortress in the new alterworld jump I posted, I got the measurements directly from the book so... its supposed to be a octogon with segments 1/2 mile long. Or at least thats how it is described in the book.

Does Broody Hen work on all eggs or only 1 type of egg that we choose when we take it? Also, in Prince of the House of Night it says we are technically the husband of a princess. Who is she/ what is she like, and can we take her as a companion with the perk?

>Who is she/ what is she like
An intolerable bitch who will want to sacrifice you to the sadistic goddess mentioned in the +600 drawback so that she can revive her previous husband. (among other things)

Have to say, I never ever expected anyone to make a jump out of russian stuff, much less Play to Live. Kudos and thanks.

What's next? Someone makes the Watches jump?!

Maybe one day.

Broody hen lets you hatch any egg you have, technically her husband but her real husband gets brought back to life and she actually loves him. She is a high priestess of Lolth the spider goddess, she is a lieing, deceitful, backstabbing dark elf. In the story the mc becomes prince of the house but he doesn't actually get to follow through (because she tried to kill him and send his soul to lolth) she mellows a bit later after reviving her husband but she is still a bitch.

So no waifuing the princess, got it. Thanks.

Jumpers!

Be honest, now. Do you ever go out of your way to be an ass to the settings MC? Who was it, and why were they asking for it?

>spoilers
You jest, but I'm actually thinking of doing something like that when I get to writing Alchemicals.

Except of course not giving the jumper the ability to make Alchemicals (that's Autobot's sole domain after all), but offering a companion purchase that's a team of Demiurges with a connection to Autocthon. The extremely rare materials and exceptional souls (and soul gems) neccessary for the process would be left as an exercise for the particular jumper.

Not sure why they'd be comparable to the Red androids thing though? I didn't watch too much of YJ, but Red Tornado didn't seem that impressive.

Orichalcum and Moonsilver from Exalted are good contenders, I'd say? Both are naturally occuring, nigh-indestructable metals. Orichalcum's more durable, Moonsilver's kinda fluid. (Jade's also an option, but not a great one.)

Octiron from Discworld or Uru from Marvel might also be good option, depending on whether they count.

I kinda wish there was an option to be /entirely/ living metal though, instead of a small-ish spot like that perk. It'd be pretty badass.

They wanted to steal the main stage form me.

Hunter x Hunter. Gon Freecss a shit, so I beat the shit out of him after making him transform into uber Gon or whatever that form is called.

So, if you get both Prince of the House of Night and Lolths Curse... Can you assume she already tried to sacrifice you and it didn't work for some reason?

Also, what is this dead/revived husband like? Decent guy, worse than the princess, kinda meh, or something else?

Speaking of, how does Prince of the House of Night work for Max now that we start just when he made his character? Can he still become a Prince too, even if I already am?

And unrelatedly to the drow stuff, canon companion option?

I can put in a canon companion option, sure.

The prince is surprisingly decent, if you take lolths curse she already tried and failed. Max tries to not get anywhere near her but abuses his title as prince to bug her, like walking up to guards and making them all paint their armor pink. She still has overriding power but if shes not around he can order them around.

>Being a shit to people
>Not helping them be better
What's wrong with all of you?

SAO. After getting to know him my plans to shit on him changed into just pranking him every now and then. He's a good kid even if he's a bit bullshit for his world, maybe i should have taken him with klein?

>I can put in a canon companion option, sure.
Nice, thanks.

>The prince is surprisingly decent
Huh, that's unexpected. Might just be nice and resurrect him myself then.

>Max tries to not get anywhere near her but
So he still becomes prince anyway? Good to know, I suppose.

Why is the capstone for an origin a single spell? It is a good spell but it is something you can obtain in game. Wouldn't the luck that allows the MC to get stuff like that make for a better capstone?

Do I need to take Life Hunter to use the necromancer class? Being able to collect soul stones is an integral part of the class which you appear to be charging extra for.

Create ability scroll is a good ability but it is still only a moderate buff to an ability you can pick up in game, not worth it as a capstone.

The entire Golem Master tree, the Golem thing seems like it should be one perk in a crafting focused origin. Not an entire origin in and of itself. (which it sort of already is as the rest of the tree seems more generally crafting focused, still one crafting focus seems over priced and normal golems are common enough).

Quest Giver should not be a capstone, that is just something NPCs (and some players) can do. Unless we start out as a nameless one without that perk in which case that origin is a massive trap.

Does the Holy unmercenary come with the effects of the base unmercenary title? (your corpse cannot be looted?)

The Adamant weapon seems underwhelming as it is just a weapon with no apparent bonuses, you could wank that it has the class appropriate bonuses such a weapon would have but that should be part of the description.

Wunderwaffle is nowhere near enough for the price, an weapon with a decent boost to to areas? That is every weapon any perma would be caught dead with a lowish level, it needs to be stronger for it's price (preferably replaced with the adamant weapon).

Super Nova Class Fortress is awesome, way more awesome than is described in the description. You should include the features such a fortress would have. (also the fact that any castle can summon NPCs in exchange for money should be noted).

Cont.

How loyal are your companions to your persona? How far have they come to help you? What's the weirdest/most horrible thing that you have asked them to do and they complied?

Overall the jump is disappointing, it is an high level fantasy setting where game mechanics are laws of physics but very few of the options reflect that and those that do still don't give an idea of the scale of things. Where are the Epic items? The equipment sets that scale to your level? The descriptions that display the coolest parts of the setting?

Man, Clone Wars got away with a lot of shit you wouldn't expect on Cartoon Network. I kinda miss it.

I help people by beating them. And usually they /are/ better as a mushy pulp than they were as living beings.

Reposting here for the drive as I'd judge it finished unless anyone has comments.
Also redid some bits of text here and there.

Do we get to keep the dragons from Broody Hen?

Both of the Clone Wars cartoons were great and, for my money, more interesting and enjoyable than the prequel films.

Could you unbold the perk descriptions? It kinda just blends together with everything.

Where can I get some cool-looking magic eyes that aren't too edgy?

Bayonetta.

That's... pretty much it, I think. Most magic eyes are pretty edgy.

Biomancy

Light Bringer can get you rainbow eyes if you buy all the colour magic types and one of the capstones.

Mushoku Tensei? It's got a lot of magic eyes.

Fate has some neat ones.

Erm, it's not bolded, that's just the font i used (Arial Rounded MT Bold).
Should I change it or leave it like that?

>Why is the capstone for an origin a single spell..

Only the mc gets the spell in the book, its one of those super special achievement rewards. Nobody else is able to obtain it, it was literally a god (the ai controlling the quests at that point) leaning on the game engine to give max a cheaty ability.

>Do I need to take Life Hunter to use the necromancer class..

No you can take necromancer without it but this one lets you get them as standard drops for anything, the updated version lets you get soul gems for anything you destroy.

>Create ability scroll is a good ability but it is still only a moderate buff to an...

It lets you put jumper stuff into scrolls.

>The entire Golem Master tree...

Normal golem crafting is nowhere near common, its one of the least common jobs because learning to craft golems costs so much it literally causes those wishing to learn it have to basically sell themselves into slavery. Even the ability to use golems is a rare ability.

>Quest Giver should not be a capstone, that is just something NPCs (and some players) can do. Unless we start out as a nameless one without that perk in which case that origin is a massive trap.

I disagree.

Npcs can give quests in the setting but this allows you to do it for people outside of the setting.

>Does the Holy unmercenary come with the effects of the base unmercenary title? (your corpse cannot be looted?)

It does what it says, it loots stuff for you.

>The Adamant weapon seems underwhelming as it...

It can cut gods, how is that not impressive? Thats what it does in setting.

>Wunderwaffle is nowhere near enough for the price, an weapon with a decent boost to to areas?

adamant is already in as an option but I am not adverse to lowering the cost of wunderwaffle.

>Super Nova Class Fortress is awesome, way more awesome than is.....

I gave the description the book gave, the npc creation was a part of the world and I felt it was fine giving it as described in the book.

Well whatever is easier for you. Just that the text just everything seems to blend together.

If you like Arial, just use a non bolded version of it. Arial Unicode MS looks pretty much like the non-bolded version of your original font. If you use that, or something like it, you could bold section headings or perk names or whatever works best.

What are some perks to help with PTSD and with going from a "kill everything" setting to a "slice of life" setting?

>inb4 jumpers don't get PTSD because they're the traumatic event

#
I was going to add them as buyable eggs that you can get for buying the perk at a discount.

#
Im sorry you feel that way

Meta, from Project Freelancer. It ensures that you'll always have positive emotional growth and improving psychological stability. It doesn't grant it on its own, so it's not a quick fix, but it's always active and guarantees that given time you'll be able to come back from even the worst trauma.

Mass Effect has a perk specifically for that.
General sanity/mental healing perks should also help, someone asked about those just last thread.
Worm, Nechronica and the new Madoka jump were mentioned.

Child at Heart (Chronicles of Narnia) and Don't Ever Change (Kingdom Hearts) should also help, to an extent.

So I edited it and here V0.4: Unbolded Edition.
Is it better? If so I'll keep it like that.

>Mass Effect has a perk specifically for that.
Which is a bit ironic as Shep suffers from PTSD throughout 3 and gives the distinct impression that he's ready to die.

Looks good m80

Looks a lot better.

>Only the mc gets the spell in the book, its one of those super special achievement rewards. Nobody else is able to obtain it, it was literally a god (the ai controlling the quests at that point) leaning on the game engine to give max a cheaty ability.
And one cheaty ability with narrow uses isn't particularly good as a capstone, it isn't worth the price and that origin should have better perks (they all should).

>No you can take necromancer without it but this one lets you get them as standard drops for anything, the updated version lets you get soul gems for anything you destroy.
Necro's already do get those as standard drops for everything, if they don't post jump then the class is worthless post jump

>It lets you put jumper stuff into scrolls.
And it is possible to put abilities into scrolls in setting, jumper stuff would not be an exeption. All this does is let you put the types of things that can't normally be put in scrolls, into scrolls. Which is great, but not worth a capstone in a setting like this

>Normal golem crafting is nowhere near common
Normal golems are found guarding the entrance of any guild who wants to show off how much money they have. You have a capstone that can be readily bought with money, sure players would have trouble getting that much cash but for a jumper. . .

>Npcs can give quests in the setting but this allows you to do it for people outside of the setting.
Fair enough I suppose but it is still too weak for a capstone, "you can do this thing you can do in jump outside of the jump" Has minimal value in setting even if it is valuable post jump

>It does what it says, it loots stuff for you.
Then it isn't worth it, you can earn this power in setting easily enough regardless but a nerfed version of an ability you can easily get yourself isn't worth 300

cont.

Okay, then. Unbolded Edition it is.
You know, that's the same font I used for my first jump. Think I should do the same to it? Not like it'd take long.

Yeah, putting headings and perks in bold and leaving body text unbolded makes things much easier to read. So if it isn't too much trouble, that wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Thanks for this jump, btw, I'm a fan of the Tonelico series.

>It can cut gods, how is that not impressive? Thats what it does in setting.
Yes that is impressive, but it isn't right. Weapons in this setting double as stat sticks, it should have stats to match. If it doesn't have the stats it has no value unless you are fighting someone who needs Adamant to harm them (a very short list) especially for casters.

>adamant is already in as an option but I am not adverse to lowering the cost of wunderwaffle.
The current version of wunderwaffle shouldn't be offered as a CP purchase at all, it is an item beneath what an average perma player would be using and is doomed to become obsolete.

>the npc creation was a part of the world
If the aspects of the castles that stem from the world aren't included in the purchase then neither of them are worth the price.

Might I suggest taking a look at the Overlord LN jump, it might help.

Put your trip back on Brellin.

>look at the Overlord LN jump, it might help.

Oh you are one of those assholes. Ignore this guy aion.

Not him.

Why would a jump set is a similar setting not be a useful reference?

Have you read the Play to Live books?

We get to pick what the quests from the NPC capstone are, right?

Can we give them stupid stuff for their quests, such as telling them to compose a poem about our greatness or go streaking? Obviously this wouldn't give them much growth, but is something like that allowable?

So here the Unbolded Edition of Origin: Spirits of the Past for the drive.

Why though? He's a pretty cool MC with actual flaws and weaknesses.

Gravity Falls?

Yes of course.

Bigasd self improving castle isn worth cp?

Only weakpoint is the gate is not worth cp?

Standard drops for anything including stuff you normally wouldnt like robots for example.

And I highly doubt you can put jumper abilities into a scroll standard, and even if you could you would need divine sparks. This has not got that weakness.

Thank you kind image editing user!

Nice. Much easier to read.

Bigasd self improving castle isn worth cp?
When it is missing many of the core functions? Yes.

>Only weakpoint is the gate is not worth cp?
What exactly do you mean by this? Because it is either wrong, OC, and/or Overpowered.

You have chosen to make a jump based on the most popular series in a small genre with a cult following. The few people who know about this setting are likely to do a lot of REEEEEing unless it is exceptionally good, including me (sorry if I'm being a dick about it).

I'm sorry, but could you justify the text?

It might be just me, but I'm not really used to read an unjustified document.

Yes. Probably the worst offender was SAO. But honestly I was the god emperor of dicks to everybody in that universe. I was Kayaba's accomplice and used my programming skills and admin rights to make the game significantly more responsive and challenging. My biggest contribution was probably revamping the systems responsible for dungeon and monster spawns to scale the challenge in real-time based on hundreds of additional factors, resulting in the game becoming much more difficult and thousands of more people dying than they did in the original story. Even Kirito had some close calls there but his plot armor really is too fucking ridiculous. Meanwhile I hung around as a totally innocuous player who mindfucked people with psychology to spur on quarrels and arguments. I was responsible for hundreds of more deaths via personal interaction alone. I also constantly ran into Kirito and Asuna and went out of my way to befriend them. Only to later expose myself as the Boss of the 99th Floor, explain everything to them in detail, and fight them to the death. I didn't use any OCPs and deliberately gimped my skills and intelligence down to a level where I was very challenging but not impossible. They beat me, which I'll admit was impressive, so I congratulated them as I disappeared. Basically I spent my entire time in SAO being an unbelievable dick.

Then I showed up in both Alfheim and Gun Gale later on and trolled the shit out of both of them, starting off with pretending to be a cheerful, friendly shota player who didn't know them and joined up with their party only to drop the bomb much later and then even later killing Death Gun with Glitch from Creepypasta (by forming a gun with my hand and saying "Bang!") which caused Kirito to have to a nervous breakdown. I didn't let up on the psychological anal rape of everyone in that universe for ten years. In the end I was caught and convicted of basically being Satan and locked up. Then I disappeared as the jump ended.

...Justify the text? Wut?
The only thing I did was change the font to my jump which was already on the drive.

You can only attack the gates in the setting. Thats covered a lot of times in the books. After they take down the forcefields the only way to take a castle is to take out the gates so you have hundreds of people attacking a gate when there is a hole in the wall not far away.

Oh wait *facepalm* I didn't understand what you were saying. I'll do it in a second.

More like powerwankers reeing because they can't get overlord levels of power from a jump that never shows anyone having that much power.

Gundam SEED. I spent that whole jump clowning on people with my far superior mecha. No one was spared my dickishness. On the plus side, it actually did lead to positive character growth for Kira and Lacus, even if I didn't intend it. Seeing how my going around and interfering with other people's battles with my uber-Gundam was disruptive and only made things worse convinced them not to do so, themselves.

Maybe you should just fuckoff then. If you can't make me happy and satisfied with your jump we don't need your shit here.

>You can only attack the gates in the setting.
Can you source that? Because it doesn't sound right, you generally have to attack the gates of a castle because that is the only point of vulnerability but I don't remember that being a system enforced thing.

Have you read the books?

Timmy please go and stay go.

Alright, done. I'll just put it back in the Upload Folder since it was already on the drive.
As for the Ciel Nosurge, here's try 2: Unbolded and Justified Edition.

Sorry for the PDF spam. That'll teach me to not have English as my primary language.

Go away.

Which might explain why, despite the door being open in silent welcome but a few feet away from us, we still blunted our swords on the closed gates like a bunch of idiots.

Book 3 has this part.

Will look for more.

Yeah this is why I dhould have stayed gone. Not sure if you are serious.

>Not sure if you are serious.
That is Timmy, the shitposter. He is serious but you should ignore him. He hates everyone and wants the thread to die.

>I didn't watch too much of YJ, but Red Tornado didn't seem that impressive.

They weren't, that's the entire thing that gets my goat. Brellin was justifying his bullshit with "So this jump lets you make superheroes? Here then, my jump lets you make fully-fledged Exalted. DO YOU LIKE ME NOW."

Much better, thank you.

You're on Veeky Forums.
You're on the internet.

You're seeing people be who they really are.

Which is exactly how jumps should be made.

So, what exactly is the downside to Damned Sexy from Highschool of the Dead?
I mean, 90% of everybody is dead anyway, right?

>jumpmaking should be a popularity contest

Could you pipe down already? Your mother's in the process of getting ready for our dinner date.

No clue.
Presumably people don't give a shit if ugly people get zombified, but when they're pretty it's bad?
Some people can't bring themselves to shoot a pretty zombie in the head and get eaten?
I have no idea, but somehow the pretty zombie apocalypse is apparently worse than the normal kind.

Honestly Damned Sexy is one of those, not really a drawback, drawbacks especially if it carries over HOTD standard of beauty to other worlds.

I think that this drawback means that any perks that would stop you from being distracted by the sexy don't work and that you tend to find a lot more situations where your distracted by the sexy come up. But that just my own home ruling and the drawback as I read really does not have much downsides.

However technically speaking its one of the few "change everyone's appearance in this and future jumps" in jumpchain, with only the Investigation and Senran Kagura jumps having the other perks of that category.

Ah, fair enough. Sorry, didn't get the reference there.

Didn't really pay much attention to all that stuff.

The one time I decided to go and check if SB had anything to say on my jumps, I didn't find much. Apparently a few liked it, which was nice?

Brellin was apparently using a different (more powerful) statline for the Crown of Thunders, and assuming Infernals gave you that instead the Oadenol's Codex version that's actually described?

...not sure where he got that from? But I guess it /is/ the first result if you google Crown of Thunders. For some reason.

Personally, I'm just kinda happy we're getting jumps for every splat (eventually), since judging by the jumps we already have (and my ideas), one general jump would be stretched too thin.

There are a lot of sexy dead people shuffling around. It is basically free points. Feel free to keep it in future jumps given they lack a zombie apocalypse. There, everyone in future jumps is HoTD levels of pretty.

Well satan I thought it was that the world would be full of sexyness, only said sexyness is dead and wants to eat your face. Could also be the temptation towards a crime against nature.

I don't see anything in the drawback description that would suggest that it applies to future jumps.

>Honestly Damned Sexy is one of those, not really a drawback, drawbacks especially if it carries over HOTD standard of beauty to other worlds.
>I think that this drawback means that any perks that would stop you from being distracted by the sexy don't work and that you tend to find a lot more situations where your distracted by the sexy come up. But that just my own home ruling and the drawback really does not have that many downsides.
>Technically speaking its one of the few "change everyone's appearance in this and future jumps" in jumpchain, with only the Investigation and Senran Kagura jumps having the other perks of that category.

In other news I fail at grammar.

Haven't seen the movie but just read the summary on wiki, got to say, fuck the forest. Wreck the moon, kill most of humanity, subjugate the survivors, and it's all good because for some reason they grow humans?

Nope, I'm sorry Smoky but I'm spending the next 10 years running around starting forest fires.

Yeah, but that was already a thing in Highschool Of The Dead even without a drawback.

Some people fanwank that you can keep drawbacks with you. You don't get any extra CP and most drawbacks are a hassle which is why most jumpers don't do that, but then there are "drawbacks" like the Fan verse in Naruto which jumpers actually want to keep for future jumps.

>not sure where he got that from?

I say this not meaning to be thread-racist, and am likely gonna sound thread-racist so fuckitall, but part of the difference between Veeky Forums and SB is that they... always go for the most powerful interpretation. Of everything, internal balance be fucked on the side of the road. They're the type to look at the Tsukihime jump and go "Stronger-than-canon MEoDP? By golly fuck the rest of the jump."

So any assumption on Brellin's behalf was likely deliberate.

Huh, strange. I didn't get a (You) from this post, same as and , but I got one from the others.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I've a question, for any who've managed to do this; how in the world do you get Alma to leave the F.E.A.R. jump? Kidnapping her and stuffing her into a pod is the only thing I can think of, but how do you kidnap a ghost?

>how do you kidnap a ghost?

>how do you kidnap a ghost

Same way you kidnap anything else of a psionic/mental/otherplanarly nature, user.
Attractiveness perks and a large brain.

Alternatively, you just covertly replace the protagonist of FEAR 2.

I've come to the conclusion that I've become /jc/'s recycling bin.

Anyways, haven't been paying attention lately. I miss anything?

I was actually thinking of dropping the castle prices by 100 and adding 100 cp optional upgrades to them to allow them to spawn npc guards that require constant periodical payments to keep around. That does happen in the books but to be honest instant army seemed op. Would you prefer that? I am tring to make this good and the series has been oit a while with no interest from jc Im honestly surprised to ser so many fans.

>that pic
...Oh god, they'd get along famously, wouldn't they?

That sounds like a decent solution to that one.

Doing some brainstorming for a potential jump and wondering: What would be a good price for a gag option of an incredibly powerful particle beam cannon that is fiat locked against ever doing damage to actual enemy combatants? It could massacre fleeing civilians, but as soon as you fire it at something that's trying to fight back (or would fight back, if they knew you were there, for purposes of sneak attacks), the beam just splashes off of them. What's a good price for that?

>I've come to the conclusion that I've become /jc/'s recycling bin.
>explain.meme

I wouldn't do any more than that, otherwise that one asshole is just going to keep pushing after realizing he can get away with it.