Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

You go first edition. What are some times your character would not go first from fear or just cowardice? What about times when they rushed in ahead of the party to unknown dangers?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

5thsrd.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This sunday I euthanized an Iron Gods campaign that had been running for two years.
The game was dragging and it feel like a chore, I wasn't having fun GMing it anymore. Still I decided to give my players the chance to continue so I made up a scenario with a thanadaemon in ancient temple of Zyphus that ask those who want to go further three riddles. If one riddle is given the wrong answerthe thanadaemon disappears and a high CR encounter happens.
The first riddle was not very difficult, the answer was "handwriting" but the alchemist answered "hedgehog".
Two astradaemons were rolled.
The alchemist and the warpriest died by finger of death, the inquisitor by a vampiric touch and the rogue commited suicide when she found herself surround by three derghodaemons summoned by one of the astradaemons.

How bad did it have to be to pull that? Were the players just being a bunch of huge assholes?

Damn that is rough. Sorry your campaign died like that.

I usually play squishy characters so I am not ever on the frontlines. It has generally been a good strategy for me.

So, who's excited for Starfinder?

The warpriest didn't roleplay at all, the character was a Gordon Freeman in terms of dialogue. The inquisitor was as eloquent and also disconnected at mid sessions constantly. The alchemist was good aligned but behaved CN and was a powergamer. The rogue is the one shouldn't had when through this because he is a nice guy, just really a bad roleplayer.

I hope they bring back aroden so I can make humanity great again

At the least to see how much they can fuck up a d20 future system.

You know that's not going to happen.

It'd be cool, but Paizo just wouldn't do it.

THANK YOU! I was literally about to come in here asking for the name of it.

I'm very excited. I've always been more of a sci-fi/sci-fan than straight fantasy, so I'm looking forward to giving this a shot. Granted, I'll probably be the one to DM since none of my friends will want to do it.

It just isnt fair that humans are not allowed to have a living deity

Sometimes suicide is an answer. Gunslinger coup de graced herself with a revolver when a tsochari tried to inhabit her body. Not even they can run a body if the heads mostly gone. I rather shocked the other players with that.

I'm looking forward to the overhauled damage calculations, personally. The Stamina/HP divide seems like something we'll be able to back-port to Pathfinder to make the HP system slightly less jank.

The curse of the Forever DM. you find your fun where you can, eh?

But user.

They have Cayden.

Well I'm usually a player, but the guy who used to DM for us is in rough shape and we haven't had a group game night in over a year.

So since I'm the one who loves to act and tell stories, I think the role of DM will fall to me. I just hope I can grasp the mechanics of it.

Shouldn't be too bad - You likely already understand the gist of Pathfinder, right? they're designing Starfinder on the same rules base, just with different details. Pic related.

Molthune update!

Nveryll has successfully created ice cream for the party! It's grape flavored!

Cayden is a god of drunks. Not humans.

He can be part of the human pantheon. But not the head of it.

I should be ok. I'll just study the manuals for a week or so before I even attempt to get some players together.

And thanks for the image. I haven't been keeping up with the game much, so this is a nice update.

He's basically as close to a human god as can be.

I mean, what did Aroden even have that made him specifically The God of Humans?

I mean he was a human who was a god. But Cayden's got that too, and he's got other things that represent humanity too.

Aroden's thing wasn't that he was the god of humans.

He was the god of human culture. That's hugely different.

I dunno man, Cayden's pretty representative of humanity too. Just a different side of it.

>what did Aroden even have that made him specifically The God of Humans?

How about humanity as part of his portfolio?

Some might say his death led to creation of more gods

Yeah, but Cayden himself is far more Human than Aroden was.

Besides, How many people get away with having Ale AND Wine in their portfolio?

Not with daemons.
They are all about eating your soul because is the main element that constitute the Great Beyond. Daemons hate reality, they are nihilist existentialist solipsists whichhave the same imperative as a annihilation sphere.
Astradaemons even have a passive named soul syphon.

>more human than "Last of the First Humans"

user, I think you have a drinking problem.

Of course he does. He's following Cayden.

Y'see, that's another thing.

Aroden's the last of the OLD Humans.

Cayden's of the NEW Humans.

Fucking Caidenites get out my /pfg/.
[Insert angry boggard shriek]

Behold ye all the Placard of Wisdom. The only real 'holy text' that Cayden has bothered to have.

>Be not as drunk as you think you are.

>Live free or die (or run away, or whatever seems best at the moment).

Oft found hung on walls.

Aroden:
Rises the island of Absolom.
Helps to found Taldor.
Helps recover the lost azlanti knowledge that many evil factions actively were destroying.
Doesn't get involved too much in mortal affairs so humans learn to fix shit for themselves.

Caiden:
Gets drunk
Wants to fuck goddes of lust and gets friend zoned.
Rises a swole as fuark bro because he mirin'

Hey folks, need advice from some more experienced gamers. I'm about 5 sessions deep into a campaign with a friend of mine. I like the crowd we have and generally am happy to be there, but my friend is turning out to be a really bad dm.

We are already level 4 and have wealth to match; we have had 4 combat encounters so far. Today we spent hours doing nothing because no one (myself included) knew what we were supposed to do, there was no objective or motivation to follow at all. I could go on, but just know that he makes every mistake a new dm makes and is too testy to take advice from me.

Also, three of the players are new. While I am happy to help, I cant get them to actually read the rules, they just want to ask me or the dm questions on what they can do like I've memorized every one of thier character sheets.

Usually I'd just cut the floundering session off, but the guys there are actually fun to be around and chilling before and after the session is great. Have any of you dealt with similar situations?

He also made his prostitute friend his herald.

And made his dog celestial cuz he's a god now the fuck you gonna do about it.

Did Aroden have a dog? No he didn't. Man's Best Friend. Checkmate Arodetheists.

Let's be honest, nobody cares about Absolom.
Taldor's on the way out and taken over by SJWs.
How much of that Azlanti knowledge has actually hung around?

You know that meme comic strip about the roman legionary stationed in Adrian's wall watching picti covered in shit yelling "Never conquered"?
Now I pictured Dispater standing on the walls of Dis watching a crusade of mythic tier Caidenites being all drunk and keksudandom while thinking" I miss Aroden".

Options for more flavors are being discussed, Kaylen votes for strawberry.

>not mint without the bits of chocolate

wasnt that suppose to be a comfy game?

>Nobody cares about Absolom
>The city has been sieged so many times there is even the ruin of an murder robot factory on its farmlands.
>Without Taldor there will be no Cheliax, Andoran, Molthune...
>Most of the magic known in the setting beyond level 2 is of azlanti origin.

Go to pet your Cayhound and get drunk

Should should skill DCs be?

If we assume a level 20 expert with a rank in Knowledge every level, skill focus in a pertinent knowledge skill, and just basic magic items to boost his knowledge skill, a level 20 expert can easily reach a +50 rank in knowledge. Using a library to research over the course of many days, any knowledge with a DC of 70 can be acquired.

>Implying I'm not ALREADY drunk and am not ALREADY patting my dog.

FOOL. I AM TWO STEPS AHEAD OF YOU.

And I'm not saying that the things he did weren't any good, I'm saying he's OLD HAT. He's through, over and done with, put out to pasture, rolled down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Even if he weren't six feet under he's a relic of a bygone age!

Muh Aroden.

>Aroden comes back.
"Fear not because I had return to you! My absence was a trial to see your indep-"
>Caiden is so drunk that he is covered in vomit and piss.
>Iomedae is blasting a group of heroes who just when through literal Hell because they don't know trivia on her awesome dyke life.
>Norgorber is being full Gollum on a corner.
>Aroden's facial muscles twitch

Sounds comfy as fuck

>So drunk you're covered in vomit and piss

Nuh uh! His thing is drinking for merriment, not getting completely and utterly, incapacitatingly shithorsed. That's abuse of his gifts!

>Caiden never getting überwasted

What is next? Arshea doing a vow of celibacy?

It was, to quote, "disgustingly slice of life".

Is there anyway to craft a potion above 3rd level? I thought the brewkeeper class could do it but they can only make a temporary high level potion.

Nope.

But there's pre-existing cases of 'elixirs' which are made using Craft Wondrous because fuck you.

Thats a shame, I really needed "potions" of higher than 3rd.

Lemme guess. Permanent Potion?

CLW trap, y/n?

Improved Homunculi
also already going brwkeeper anyway so I figured I'd go all in on this potion thing

Sure. Works great against undead.

Note that magic traps have a creation cost of 500xcaster level (minimum 3 because you must have crate wonderous item to make one)Xsl, so your cheapest automatic reset CLW trap costs 1500 for 1d8+3 healing. Go buy a wand. Further, the EXP value of the trap is based on damage, but CLW can damage undead, so you do not get the 'free cost' of creating the trap as if it did no damage.

As usual, idiots like to spout shit without thinking too hard about the crap they're spouting.

Actually, you can cast things at lower CL than your maximum CL.

So you could still make it at CL1, since you can cast the spell at CL1.

Iomedae stinks, and I don't like her.

You still need CL 3rd because you have to have Create Wondrous Item to make it in the first place. So the minimum caster level of the trap is 3rd because that's the caster level of the magic device.

Yes, YOU need to be CL 3, but you can cast the spell at CL 1 anyway. That's an option you have at all times.

Or else levelling up would foce you to be less efficient at making things like CLW wands.

I meant that in a good way!

Magical traps cost the same amount as potions.

A reusable trap costs the same amount as 10 potions.

Any games recruiting on /PFG/?

Should I use Monk of Silver Fist as a basis for a Broken Blade oriented build(switching out a school) or is another initiator class better?

Play a laser finger monk

Oh, whats that?

Just some homebrew thing you could make up!

Thanks for nothing

>Should should skill DCs be?
I see you too are practicing Cayden's ways.

>]
Steel Fist Commando or Dervish Defender warder.

Iomedae, you dummy

People can be cool to hang with, but a pain to game with.
In this situation, the DM needs to enforce the law, and follow thru. He also needs to tone down his arrogance and learn to heed the words of others; a DM to big to take advice and criticism is a shit DM and will always be shit.

Aroden had a bootylicious herald (and also Iomedae I guess)

>ywn Arazni's undead rump

Why even adventure?

Because despite being a veritable freak circus, not even the most deviant adventurer who is not from Geb is a fucking necrophile?

What are some silly gm's fiat or other silly rulings you've done in game?

Once a session i allow my players to make an acrobatics check in place of a knowledge skill to "Jump to a Conclusion"

Kaer Maga is like one of the biggest adventurer cities and it's got an undead brothel

>implying there's anything wrong with immortal honeys

Get real, user. Embrace necrobooty.

>"Jump to a Conclusion"

No, I don't want a localized mummy rot.

My group's considering about trying out pathfinder.
Any recommendations for a decent character generator/builder?

>Read your comment
>recall that crawling hands and even digested remains are a thing.
>Rotten penis reanimates
>Adquires sentience
>Evil doppelganger of its former owner
>Evolves as a recurring villain
>Turns into a purple worm-size like lich
>Epic battle with your evil undead penis

5thsrd.org/

There isn't much to really say. Find a class you like the idea of, then look into how to build it right.

Then have some fun throwing dice around and bullshitting.

What's the phylactery?

What else do you want to do in the game, beside punch things?

Tell me about creative uses of spells.

Our sorcerer used her communal mount spell as a shield wall to save the Magus from getting killed by the twenty crossbowmen shooting at him on his brother's orders.

I wasn't 100% sure if it could be used that way, but it sounded cool as fuck so I went with it.

It happened to Cyric and Bane (Strife), Mask (Intrigue), Lathander (Dawn Cataclysm), and Mystra (denying the Weave to every deity she disagreed with).

It might have happened on Krynn. I'm not sure about Eberron.

Elio apparently has several pounds of chocolate and suggested as such. He also wants to bring her back with him to his village to run the iceboxes in summer or something.

Wall of horse is a technique used in my game as well. Though its the summoner trying to make a barrier between the party and the Wight.

>The wall is impossible to scale and were you to fly the enemies would draw a bead on you easily
>"Hypothetically, would one be able to climb along a wall of thorns with a good enough roll?"
>....I guess? But you would still take damage from it.
>"Druid, how far straight up can you make your wall of thorns go?"

And that is how my paladin scaled a wall of thorns and starting pushing mooks off a wall

So why exactly is Onryou /pfg/'s golden girl?

Because she has a picture where her tits are out. End of story.

>Because she has a picture where her tits are out

What, you mean the image you just quoted? Because that seems like standard stuff for character art.

... that's not tits out. that's not tits out at all.
Do you even know WHAT tits look like?

Kanela's art was far more hot.

>Do you even know WHAT tits look like?

Y-Yes? As far as I'm aware, that pic and the one with her under the waterfall are the only images that exist of her, and the waterfall one is arguably more clothed than the leotard.

I remember when Elsbeth was kinda /pfg/'s golden girl for a time. I think Onryou has earned the thread's adoration largely due to being a large part of her creation and development for a game so many people were hyped to get into. Rather interesting to watch from the outside, really.

Kanela's art was hot but sloppy, far more useful for titillation than actually getting a solid idea of what the character looked like and who they were as a person.

Which RotJR character had the best character art, anyway? Something that not only gave you what they looked like, but an inkling of them as a person?

Seht. Him and his horse under a wide open sky, a sense of both adventure and comfort.

Because big tits tiefling. Literally no other reason.

That looks really uncomfortable!