Cyberpunk 2020 -> d20 5e

Is it feasable to convert the Cyberpunk 2020 ruleset over to d20 5e?

Probably not. 5e is good at running D&D, and not much else. Theoretically you could cannibalize the d20+mod+proficiency and the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic, but that's about all you could feasibly convert to other systems.

All that being said, someone did take it upon themselves to convert Shadowrun classes to 5e subclasses.

Thanks for the insight

>Theoretically you could cannibalize the d20+mod+proficiency and the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic,

Well I did that for my homebrew.

But he's right, those are two separate systems designed for quite different worlds.

Also, you already have a CP2020 thread, don't need to start another one.

Why would you convert a decent system in a abject pile of dogshit? The work to convert CP2020 into a D20 system will take longer than learning CP2020.

I want to spoonfeed my play group and make the skills a bit more concise like 5e.

Here, you can use mine.

Woah this is great. Do you have your own homebrew pdf you can share?

and thank you*

Yes, I rolled my own joint. It veers off quite a bit from Cyberpunk 2020 into espionage territory and new rules (especially hacking), but it's still mostly compatible with the original.

Thanks I appreciate it.

This is really good! Lots of content packed into a 71 page game. The core mechanic is pretty nice too.

Would I be correct to assume that using a d10 + attributes in the 1-10 range as the main die makes the game less "swingy", and gives a greater advantage to skilled experts?

Yes. The CP2020 system is less random and gives more weight to Skills and Attributes, since the die roll is only 1/3 of the total possible outcome.

Time to roll out a game, I guess. user you're awesome.

>stat for COOL
what a great system

Thanks, mate. Good luck with your game!

What are the "monsters" in a cyberpunk setting?

MAN

Which variety?