A Nymph appears and orders your party to obey one of seven commands. Failure to do so result in being cursed...

A Nymph appears and orders your party to obey one of seven commands. Failure to do so result in being cursed, while success nets a magical gift or a powerful blessing. Killing or harassing the nymph will also result in a curse, while trying to talk your way out forces the nymph to curse you. She too is forced to play this role.

What are the tasks? They are based on the seven sins.

Pride -
Greed -
Lust -
Sloth -
Envy -
Gluttony -
Wrath -

It's a nymph so lust is pretty damn obvious.

Do your own planning.

Remove Curse is what? 3rd level spell?

It sounds like she's not the one choosing the tasks, given she's being forced into this, so it might not be that.

>nymph
>lust
>pretty damn obvious
>given she's being forced into this
Exactly

>EVERY GAME IS 3.BUTTHURT EDITION GUYS EVERY GAME IS 3.BUTTHURT EDITION GUYS EVERY GAME IS 3.BUTTHURT EDITION GUYS

Very well, I pick Wrath.
Also I tug the nymph's cute ears. Is that harassment?

Man, you don't have to be such a party pooper. Trying to put some effort into this.

Huh, I missed that last line.
Umm make all of the fair maidens in an area fall in love with you without them knowing of each other?

Says right in the text it doesn't always work because the curse level is higher than the casters... Or the DM says no.

You caught me. I've hit a road block while redesigning my roguelike campaign.
Likely.
Whelp. Should have seen this coming.

No wait! Since the nymph, is a victim herself, we must assume whosoever controls her wants to hurt her as much as they want to hurt us. So there are no good options here...we must find the wizard who geassed her and kill him!

But, if you don't perform one of the seven tasks before leaving, you'll be cursed.

How bad of a curse are we talking.

Pride - PC must killing successively powerful monsters while refusing any help. Endless and impossible, but if they go unconscious before taking help the magic at work protects them and they succeed.
Greed - PC must go the next month without spending any money and jumping at every chance to make gold, including anything considered breaking the law. Any action that they do in the pursuit of money (saving a friend while on a bank heist IE) is okay, but anything else fails the task.
Lust - Whoever the PC is the most fond of, they have to have sex with within 24 hours.
Sloth - PC must not do anything for a month. If they starve, they still die normally.
Envy - Whatever they desire the most, they MUST take by force within the week. Can overlap with lust.
Gluttony - Must best a bull in an eating contest over the course of a day. Stopping eating or drinking at any point before completion equals failure.
Wrath - PC must answer any perceived slight or disrespect with lethal violence for a week, or they fail. They must at a minimum kill one PERSON per day.

Seven deadly sins are so fucking overused as a theme, the second it comes up I would consider walking away from the table.

t. el gran Autismo

>Pride - Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.
>Greed - Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.
>Lust - Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.
>Sloth - Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.
>Envy - Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.
>Gluttony - Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.
>Wrath -Turn into a nymph and be forced to appear before other parties to order them to obey one of seven commands.Failure to do so result in being cursed further.

> Failure to do so result in being cursed
What a horrible night to have a curse.

Pffffffffffft. Nice.

Thanks.

It's a common acceptable theme, and I wanted a nice variety of tasks.

Normal curses, like losing half your food or being unable to cast magic. Being stalked by a powerful enemy for the rest of the floor, or turned into a nymph like .

Wait, just based on those sins? Hell then, that's not terrible.

The PCs are tasked with hunting down seven villains.

Adam, a powerful mage whose reach exceeded his grasp and left his homeland in shambles.
Draconis, a fucking dragon.
Baron Schweiss, a refined vampire with a silver tongue and bestial urges
The Weeping Child, an ancient ghost that resides in a bog and steals the life force of travelers until they are so weary they collapse and drown.
"James," a vicious shapeshifter whose desires and machinations have doomed entire kingdoms.
Shai-Hulud, a colossal wurm that consumes endlessly
Blackfur, a monstrous and titanic werewolf that sows mindless destruction

Well, first off, think about the motivation for whoever is making this nymph do this. What things would they want and how would each sin relate to them getting it?

Greed is simple, they could require so shiny mcguffin.

Sauce me bro.

> Pride
Dignity and security in own achievements.
> Greed
Ambition and desire to overachieve.
> Lust
Appreciating the beautiful.
> Sloth
Optimizing the performance to achieve maximum result at minimum resources spent, said resources including time, effort and labor.
> Envy
Self-improvement and reaching for perfection.
> Gluttony
Appreciating the finer tastes.
> Wrath
Justice.

Why magic users ruin entire campaigns: the post.

I found sauce for ya, didn't have it originally. google tsukuyomi sasami.

>kill the nymph
>sell its carcass to the local wizards guild for gold or a remove curse
>take your newfound murderlust back into the wilds and begin your career as a nymph poacher

>Kill the nymph
>Become cursed to become the nymph
>Poach nymphs anyway

Do you still get cursed, if you do your task then harass/kill the nymph? Do the other people get cursed, if you do this?

I'd figure out who is forcing the nymph and go on a quest to kill them, curse be damned.

Yes. One way or the other, there is a nymph.
Perhaps this curse's owner is long dead. A long line of Nymphs continued in a chain,

Sounds like a shit railroading idea, senpai. I wouldn't do it.

>It's a common acceptable theme,
Its awkward and out place in any setting it isn't baked into, and since every person views the specifics differently, can cause OOC arguments about causes.

>newest player in group wants to DM
>let them borrow CoS
>They run a homebrew cursed Inn instead of deathhouse
>Once the DM decides you committed one of the 7, you get stuck and keep getting told "you don't want to" and "you feel the urge to stay"
>i manage to get out because i'm bored and literally have my character just leave and check perimeter of the Inn
>session ends with me "bartering" with a demon with all the fucking nothing we have in barovia at level 1 for their souls
>session 2 never happens, we go back to the old game
>never get my book back and player disappears a few weeks later

Its contrived, boring, and half the players did their "sins" by trying to get into character at level 1 in the only situation we had to work with.
Literally, over-tipping the staff was "pride"

I would give one of these things to certain classes
Wrath - Barbarian/Druid/Paladin
Gluttony - Fighter/Wizard/Barbarian
Envy - Rogue/Monk/Fighter
Sloth - Sorcerer/Ranger/Druid
Lust - Bard/Sorcerer/Cleric
Greed - Warlock/Cleric/Rogue
Pride - Wizard/Paladin/Warlock

Gluttony so I can munch on that pussy.

Counter proposal, what if they were offered said boons and magical items in return for accepting an inordinate amount of one of the said sins, there's a lot of fun angles to play from if you let the players fuck their own shit up over time.

I greatly prefer this angle, grant them power based on their indulgence in their chosen sin. Let it grow over time, and let the players see far they are willing to take them.

Someone understands

Sounds like a shit campaign rather than the trope.

It was a shit campaign, but the trope was also out of nowhere and completely out of place. It's CoS, specifically with us being from Toril, it HAS a cosmology to it, and its a known factor. Throwing a wrench in things is expected, but it needs to be more than
>DM decides you dun fucked up with no context

>A nymph offers to-
Kill the witch with fire and iron, go to nearest church, perform horrifyingly dangerous quest in the name of God, remove curse, continue removing faerie from the premises. All fae are evil trickster witches to be burned, and compromise is the language of cowardice.

>compromise is the language of cowardice.
I think i found the basis for my next character Paladin

Think of a man who embodies the best traits of Inspector Javier, Harry Callahan and Claude Frollo. Now give this man divine powers and the explicit knowledge that his actions are God's Will. Savor the clusterfuck.

>the second it comes up I would consider walking away from the table.
Probably much to the relief of the other players. You sound like a super fun guy to play with, and not at all like a miserable autistic cunt.

Kill the nymph, taking on the curse so that no one further will be trapped in this terrible contrived game. Begin a quest to slay the sorcerer who set this up.

>She too is forced to play this role.
Bunch of real do gooders here.

You kill the one who forced her to do this, not the nymph herself.

Can you imagine being so much of a hack of a dm that you can't even come up with challenges bases on the most trite of themes and have to outsource Veeky Forums for ideas for your stupid railroad?

I've got a pretty good save vs spells. I take one for the team and kill the nymph.

/thread

Ouch. I'm not so full of myself that I think I'll get this right. I want the best for my players and the tasks I myself came up with felt... not up to scratch.
The campaign in question is a "roguelike" campaign complete with roughly 600 something cards. It's randomly generated and I have run a group through it. I was looking to rework the nymph and hit writer's block. Not really sure what you want.

Sell your body for science?

I tank the Curse.

Fuck you, won't do what you tell me.

>Seven deadly sins are so fucking overused as a theme, the second it comes up I would consider walking away from the table if I had been invited

Make it actually a test of goodwill. There is no curse, but if you make a righteous decision you'll be rewarded.

For things like greed maybe you are pointed to an orphans home and told to steal their only prized possession.

For gluttony you could be told to hunt off the last member of a rare sentient species, cook, and eat it.

Wrath is simple, set fire to a farming village.

I don't know just some thoughts.

>Pride -
You must assume leadership over all groups you are a part of, as your pride demands nothing less for someone of your skill and knowledge.

>Greed -
You must never willingly part with any valuable object.

>Lust -
You must always attempt to seduce and have intimate relations with anyone you find attractive.

>Sloth -
You must never willingly take any strenuous actions, instead focusing on what is easy and available to you at the time.

>Envy -
You must always covet and attempt to acquire any valuable object one of your companions acquires.

>Gluttony -
You must always over-indulge in worldly pleasures, to your own detriment.

>Wrath -
You must never forgive and always avenge any slight, no matter how large or small. You always retaliate disproportionately to the slight.

FIGHT ME YOU STUPID CUNT AND THEN TOGETHER WE'LL BEAT THE RED DOGSHIT OUT OF WHOEVER HAS FORCED YOU TO ACT LIKE A COMPLETE RETARD

FUCK YES

For a good party I guess it's trials not tasks
Pride- "answer my question, are you the best in all the land?" ( the correct answer is no)
Greed - a pile of gold appears in front of the party (the correct answer is not to take any)
Lust - the nymph offers herself to anyone who goes into the cave (the cave of certain death)
Sloth - have you seen the movie speed.
Envy - the nymph creates a better party and sends you and them on a mission.
Gluttony - eating race against fire.
Wrath - awarded by not killing the nymph for this mission.

Don't respond to tripfags.

Ah. Didn't notice it.

>Pride - Defy your God and/or alignment
>Greed - Do all tasks before the rest of the party does
>Lust - Rape one of the party members
>Sloth - Stay here forever.
>Envy - Hoard all of the party's goods
>Gluttony - Consume all of the party's goods, and use them.
>Wrath - Kill them all Bimmy

Shitty categories, desu

I Bard it.

t.faggot
or, God forbid ,weeb

You sound like a type of person who participate in trpg only for social interaction.
Or a sofa expert