I unpacked this card yesterday and I believe it is a misprint...

I unpacked this card yesterday and I believe it is a misprint. Has anyone else come across any oddities when opening packs of cards?

Yes i got a card with this reddish orange logo on the side instead of gold/silver/black. Must be a misprint.

Definitely a misprint. You could sell that to your local game store for big money.

Sometimes they can be worth more to collectors. Other times they're not worth much more than whatever someone is willing to pay for an oddity misprint.

Generally, high-value misprinted cards are those that are already highly valuable like planeswalkers and vintage cheese.

Too bad the only one near me closed down. I doubt they'd take it anyway. I was reading up that misprints in mtg don't sell for that much anyway.

You gotta find the other half of the card, misprints sell for a lot more when paired together.

And what exactly is misprinted? I've looked over the card several times and have found nothing out of place

The one on the left is the front of the card.

The one on the right is the back.

The back of the card is the rules text of some other card, while the front is normal.

It's not a misprint. It's a double faced card that needs another card in order to flip over

As far as oddities, I have a Parallel Thoughts that was pushed too far up in the booster pack and got the top of the card pressed, so it has little ridges in it.

Shhh, don't tell him

The Eldritch Moon set introduced a new mechanic called 'Meld'. Two different cards when in play at the same time 'meld' or merge into one card by flipping them both over and aligning them. In your case Midnight Scavengers and Graf Rats 'meld' into Chittering Host.

I believe three card groups were made; Scavs/Rats, Bruna/Gisela, and Hannweir/Battlements.

TLDR: You don't have a misprint, you have a limited set card type.

Shit man, I guess it isn't. I should look these cards up first. Now I feel stupid.

Never change Veeky Forums

Fuck that's even more confusing.

It was an experiment by Wizards.

It was not successful.

Could you sleeve this and play it?

You can play misprints as long as all relevant text is visible

I bought one box to get back into the game and managed to unpack this. Too bad it's apparently shit.

This is wrong, any mishaped cards, even the ones like that square bordered one posted are not legal.

You can feel and visibly see a difference in its shape, hence this ruling.

I have an playset of miscut misprinted knight of the reliquary with squared off corners and messed up foiling.

it's not terrible in standard. pair it with a couple of thalia's lancers, blessed alliances and declarations in stone and you could probably go .500 at an FNM

thalias lancers? fuck that, pack one of each half, jam in indomidable creativity and some token gen. meme your way to 0-5.

>Shaeeli + Felidar Guardian combo into Indomitable Creativity into Brisela

I will never lose.

It is not, meld cards need both cards to b used, it's a great idea from /ourguys/ at wotc!