Now that Black got Fatal Push, should Blue get something like this?

Now that Black got Fatal Push, should Blue get something like this?

Fat chance. Blue isn't even allowed to have Essence Scatter/Remove Soul anymore

>should blue get-
No.

>1 mana spell counters instants
>1 mana spell counters sorceries AND has a crazy delirium trigger
>1 mana spell counters colorless spells

But to counter creatures? Guess what? You not only have to pay 2 mana, but your opponent also gets the opportunity to pay 4 to save the creature!!!

I'm not saying we should get back FoW, Counterspell, or even Mana Leak. All I'm saying is that we need shit that's at least better than Rare Cancel or Strictly Worse Rune Snag.

Remove Soul lets them pay?

No, I was referring to Horribly Awry aka the only "Counter target creature spell" currently in Standard.

Good. Any format where bitchy Control decks aren't omnipresent is a blessing
>mfw I enjoy creatures: the tappening
>mfw I enjoy Johnny Degenerate Combos

Spell Snare is blue's Fatal Push.

Snare isn't in Standard.

>standard
Who cares?

That's not even what the card does

>Blue Control
>Getting Nice Things
>Ever

You're at least a decade late, friend.

I love when WotC prints non-Blue cards to fuck with Timmies.

>Counter target creature spell with converted mana cost 2 or less unless it's controller pays 3
more likely

Still much better then Horribly Awry, I'll take it.

Blue gets nice things when they steal from red, and Snapcaster wasn't that long ago.

Horribly Awry has a 4-CMC limitation, not a chance to pay a tax.

There's Not!Remand in Standard in Unsubstantiate. The loss of cantrip for the gain of flexibility is nice.

>At least a decade

Lolwut??? Khans of Tarkir came out just 2 years ago.

That artwork is nice as fuck, I want it now!!!

If it was boomerang, or even landless boomerang, i'd agree, but unsummon isn't worth 1U, and remand is terrible without cantripping.

Traded for my playset as soon as I could. That was such a fun game day.

>implying pic related wasn't made so WotC could avoid printing a good counter spell and getting folks riled up

Remand for one, draw two, discard one.

>snapcaster wasn't that long ago
>modern became official in 2011
>snap was printed in 2011

user.

2011 is less than 10 years ago user.

It lets you get away with putting down sorcery speed shit on your turn instead of holding up mana for your counter, and bouncing it later on. Yeah, it's not as good as Remand, but it's still got tempo potential.
I'm not saying I know what the meta is going to be for the next few months, but I'm going to give the thing a shot in a Baral/TITI build.

I made no claim that the last time Blue had a good card printed was a decade ago.

We both got a bit confused it seems.

Ah i see, i meant "not that long ago" to refer to the actual time period of "over a decade", you assumed i meant "not a very long period of time".

Plus, every color gets good cards, i was specifically referring to Tiago because it was a new tool, rather than just a shiny old tool.

>I'm going to give the thing a shot in a Baral/TITI build.
On second thought, Unsub doesn't actually counter, so maybe not with Baral. Still going to keep an eye out for a spot for it.

The problem is that you're playing standard.

No. But you might be able to print
>Counter target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less
Or something similar for the same casting cost.

>Now that black can destroy those pesky 2 drops, should blue have the ability to counter a titan for 1 mana?
Think that over user. A shifted spell pierce (ie: counter target creature spell unless its controller pays 2) for 1 mana might fly but it's either that or a creature spell with a CMC barrier.