Almost every species of xeno is stronger than a baseline human. They would outclass a man in tests of agility...

Almost every species of xeno is stronger than a baseline human. They would outclass a man in tests of agility, endurance and raw power. On his own, a man could never hope to match any of his alien counterparts when it comes to physical feats.

Give the man a weapon that can fire lasers at twice the speed of sound and suddenly the odds are evened.

Give that man some form of protection, give him comrades to wage war with, give him the discipline to be steadfast in the heat of battle and you have a soldier. Give him faith, give him the strength of having the Emperor on his side, and you have an Imperial Guardsmen.

Speed of sound is a significantly smaller fraction of the speed of light than 1/2, also the speed of sound is just that, a speed. Fire rates are typically measured in RPM, or Rounds per Minute.

Psst OP don't pull figures out anywhere on Veeky Forums

there is always a hard sci-fi fan watching.

>not measuring your firerate in degrees Fahrenheit

>stealth women in the guard thread

Okay.

Wait stealth women.
where.

>not measuring your firerate in cubic radians

Memes away gentlemen, memes away.

You just missed them.

I don't know, they're stealthed.

>lasers
>twice the speed of sound

Light travels at the speed of light, you moron.

So, like, three times?

Only a filthy witch would know such advanced mathematics! Guards, seize him!

300 000 000m/s and the speed of sound is like 900m/s so no, its a lot more than that.

So like four times, gotcha.

Yes 333 333.333 times

Give him a pulse shot and you have a kroot food.

333 times 333.333? So like 110,999.889 times, then?

Well, a 9 is two 3s, so a 900 should be about two 300s. On the other hand, 300 300 300 m/s is about three 300s, so the speed of light is only about one and a half times the speed of sound.

Your math is impressive, sir! You should be a congressman! Perhaps even president?

How he fuck did my thread become about ma- oh. Nevermind, I see how.

Wait, so I did get it wrong... by making it go too fast instead of too slow?

Congrats, you have officially outmathed everyone on Veeky Forums

>This thread

I guess you mean 900 feet per second, it's 340-360 metres per second in metric. The speed of sound, I mean.

>340-360 metres per second in metric
~900 km/h?

The speed of light through the void is very roughly a million times faster than the speed of sound through the atmosphere at sea level.

Yeah, but what about the speed of sound in space, huh? How many times faster is light then?

Arbitrarily faster, because """"sound""" in space is nothing more than occasional trace dust molecules bumping into each other every one in a while.

In space, no one can hear you scream...

Bah! I thought I could trick you into dividing by zero, but it seems you are too wily for me!