Unknown Armies 3

Right fa/tg/uys, tonight I've heading to the first session of a UA3 game using the press release from the kickstarter

I've got high hopes for this, we've got a good group going for this and I want your help

First, for those fags who don't know the game, it's an occult horror game about fucked up people who will do ANYTHING to get what they want even if what they want is fucking stupid. In session one we are gonna be doing world/character building before we get into the actual game

So, post creepy crap for me to print/quote for the world building tonight, and if it ends up some quality shit I'll post results everyone loves story time

I'm looking for pictures of people, weird stories, places... Basically any interesting/weird shit I can crowbar into an occult setting. I'll try and use as much as I can posted here, but no promises

Other urls found in this thread:

ua.johntynes.com/
scp-wiki.net/
mediafire.com/folder/x03hz0003i0fa/UA3e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Op here, posting some examples of shit I'd like to see

These might be from kids, but I could actually twist this into some fucked up shit, thanks

Mostly just posting these so I can get onto the other stuff in my "creepy, misc" folder.

Top shit, I'll keep posting shit I find too

These like old as fuck photos just instantly make shit creepy as fuck

I'm thinking of using smoking as an obsession in game, so shit like this is great

Have you looked through ua.johntynes.com/ yet? There's a few smoking based rituals, adept schools and other related things on there.

Yeah, I've had a look, some nuts ideas on there. The one I'm considering though is in the 4th source book from the press kit, so it's fully statted and it's up to date for 3rd ed

But I'm open to other suggestions, especially for other players or any world building we may need to do

Just got this linked to me
scp-wiki.net/
Looks like a fucking amazing collection of creepy stories and shit

Bump

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

And to dampen the eventual disappointment a bit it's probably bets to tell you up front that the SCP bits have a, well, varying quality level.

Yeah, I found that from mashing the random button. Although I can still nick any half decent ideas from the shit tier stories and use them

Yeah, some of the bad things are poor execution rather than concept, others are objectively shit because they're powerlevel wank or similar

What school is clownfag? Coulromancy? Carnimancy? Epideromancy?

Carnimancy is a different school. It's one of many schools that separated from the school of venatmancy. It revolves around the rigged game, and quite a lot of carnival barking. Kind of died out at the big post-modern magic boom though.

there you go

>the 4th source book
Expose?
Can you post it, maybe?

Carnimancy is a flesh-shaping school from the word "carnivore" already. The eat raw meat and bone to regenerate, sculpt and mutate themselves and others.

>333
PRAISE BE TO THE INVISIBLE CLERGY

Theres a whole adept school based around smoke in book 4.

What is this? Seems like Junji Ito but the art style doesn't match.

>Anytime there is a 333 get in a UA thread someone ascends

Normally I wouldn't do this but I have to respect those trips.
>mediafire.com/folder/x03hz0003i0fa/UA3e
(This is a playtest document, does not represent the quality of the finished work blah blah blah buy it when it comes out)

OP here, some quality shit posted anons, thanks for the help.
We never finished up the world gen shit, turns out no one had read the rules WHO SAW THAT COMING? so the GM spent half the session telling people how the fuck the game worked.
So far it looks like we are in a currently undecided town in California trying to take down a local meat processing company who's fucked us all hard in some way.
We've got a hacker who keeps digging up more and more shit about these guys as he digs on the web.
A prepper/survivalist who learned about the pc Occult after his uncle took him under his wing, I think he's got one of the adept types from the book too.
A librarian who's stumbled across some fucking crazy shit in the back room and is now obsessed with collecting weird and fucked up books about the Occult.
And me playing the one of the target corporation's accountants when I start finding trails of covers ups and finally end up getting warned off by the high ups to keep my nose of it.

All in all, not too exciting. Next session is next week, so I'll post story time if it's actually exciting. I'll probably use content posted after I left for next week to fill in gaps we have on our Cork board cork boards are fucking cool

Yep, that's where I'm taking it from

>take down a local meat processing company
Who's ready for sluicing fun?

There's already been mention of "cowmeras" if the GM actually uses it, who knows?

I really don't know.

Telescope by Uno Moralez

Thanks. I'll put in a good word with the Comte, for you.

Started running a 3e game last week(Technically this week, depending on whether or not you consider the Cork Board a true 'first session')
Player Characters are:
>A middle-aged detective
>A younger detective who is accidentally in pretty deep with the Yakuza
>A trailer-trash Epideromancer who doesn't know what Epideromancy is, yet
>(Absent from the first proper session after the corkboard)A street-performer Personamancer

Session started with the Detectives investigating a murder(The Objective being to solve a murder) in which a middle-aged man(The Epideromancer's Step-Dad) got into an argument with a younger man, then promptly exploded. This being a modern game, one of the witnesses recorded a video, giving the Detectives their first Unnatural notches of the game as they watched the younger man seemingly cause the older guy to explode by snapping his fingers.
On their way out, a beat cop(A Sleeper Geomancer who used that one spell to make herself seem like one of the rank-and-file, but forgot to wear a uniform or anything like that) tried to take the phone the video was on, claiming she would bring it to Evidence for them; they saw through her shitty disguise pretty easily, and a chase ensued, with them cuffing her and the older cop Coercing her into spilling the beans that she's "a member of a secret organization, working to keep stuff like that video from the public".

And then I cut to the Epideromancer, who, as of about an hour ago, had just gotten through with a very weird trip through an Otherspace that manifested as a labyrinth of hallways(with the Personamancer, after they burned down a strip club and tried to exit through the back door). He called up his guru, who was conveniently also the owner of the place where his step-dad's murder happened. After bitching for a bit, he headed over to talk to the Guru, and promptly received a bunch of vague advice on what to do, deciding that he needed to burn down the Labyrinth.(Cont)

On his way out, he called his step-dad, to ask if he could borrow his gun--at the same time, a couple of beat cops were carrying evidence bags of his step-dad's stuff out. One of them answered the phone, through the bag, and informed him that his step-dad was dead. Queue a panic attack on the adept's part, and the end of the session.

Thoughts for next session: The older detective got injured in the chase, due to matched failures, so his player's told me he's probably gonna take it easy for a few days. They have a good enough image of the suspect's face to do a search on him, so I plan to give him his name and address, which the younger guy will probably end up checking out alone. His apartment's gonna have a mislabeled demon-summoning ritual(labeled as a long-distance communication ritual), which the guy who they have on video performed himself, and I'm hoping one of them might try to perform, at some point. There's also a list of names, including the dead guy's, so they have some other possible victims to look into.

TL;DR Players are a group of people who are just dipping their toes into the Occult Underground, investigating a murder committed by a Demon

Fucking love Unknown Armies. Best character I ever played was a "French" "Anarcho-Fascist" Terrorist. Was essentially an attention whore who helped kick off a week long riot in LA through gunning down specific people in specific ways and instigating protests into riots. We were supposed to stop something from happening in a Walmart so we ended up blowing it up with propane tanks.

>dice with 1 and 6 on neighboring sides

This is and always will be a lie. Whenever there is a 333 get someone does not ascend. It is a warp of the way of the world that identifies when a godwalker posts, that's all.

That would make sense, if it weren't for multiple posts that seem to be the same person not ending in 333

Page 10 bump

You linked this user, but now and last time I used it, all links just lead to the first few most recent uploads, and those links lead to dead ends. Is there something wrong with my cookies or w/e? I'd really like to see the scenarios people came up with to mine for one-shots

As long as people are being generous, and we've possibly been blessed by a godwalker, does anyone mind sharing the 5th book, if it's out?

Also, are the 'gamma playtest edition' of the core three books the most recent update of 3rd E anyone has?

I'm working on kicking off a street level game with 2e rules but 3e setting (for the most part) and anything new would be a big help.

Also, does anyone know if after the game launches, non-kickstarter backers will have a way to get the 4th and 5th books legitimately?

I'm glad they hit all their goals, but I can't believe I never heard about the KS while it was active.

Pretty sure the site's broken. There might be versions of it still accessible on archival sites like the wayback machine.

Room of Renunciation changes us all, one way or another.

It's such an old site that it was effectively a wiki for fanworks before wikias were a thing, hacked together using BBCode.

Used to be on the UA mailing list and it was amazing, still remember that time Greg Stolze told of getting a call the day after 9/11 from the airline pilot he got details for special rules for airplane combat in Fly To Heaven.

Just called him up and asked "did you publish that thing about flying a plane into the sears towers?" and when Greg said yes, the pilot hung up.

Book 5 isn't even being written yet, they're still working on Book 4.

I've got the presskit version of Books 1-3, but I have no idea where a safe place to upload them would be.

Hadn't thought of the wayback machine. Good tip.
That Plane shit is incredible.

Oh, okay. Books 4 and Five, what are they really, anyway? Just more fluff/crunch like 3?

Not even a page into Book 4 (thanks user/spuggins) and we're already checking privilege and btfo'ing croc shoes. What a time to have a game

The site is fucked up right now but I suspect it might have something to do with Greg's plans to (according to the KS) have a similar, more up to date site for fan made UA content. Maybe everything from the old Tynes site is being moved over, the last message he posted was that the site was moving but he posted that like a year or two ago.

Wayback machine has only a tiny amount of pages archives. Google cache also has nothing. I've spent days trying to find archives for the site. It's dead as it can get. Somebody needs to email Tynes about it.

fug man
Didn't that used to also host a list of books, comics, and movies that were big influences on UA? I liked referring to that when introducing the game to friends.

Book 4 is 40% movie/book recommendations from Greg Stolze, 60% new fluff/crunch
Book 5? We have no fucking clue.

Pretty sure Greg plans on setting up a new version of the site once UA3 is officially released.

You keep getting coupons in the mail.

they expired decades ago yet their condition is new and clean, not even a crease.

looking up the dates, you discover people went missing on those dates at the business the coupons are from

yeah, just skimmed it after it finished dl'ing
Glad it had different and more recent stuff than Not surprised to see Uzumaki in there

Pretty sure it's gonna be something like 80 pages of 'Other Writers', like Ken Hite.

Digital downloads of the books are now out to backers.

Carynymancy.

Just skimmed through my copies. The art direction sucks frankly, but everything else is good.

I just realized I didn't even mention this, but
I still can't get over the fact that what gave her away and caused the chase to start was the PCs asking what precinct she was from, and her claiming to be from the 13th
I googled "chicago police precinct 13" right after that and as far as I could tell it stopped at 12, but I stuck with it and told my players because it added more than correcting myself would have