>Setting has an empire
>It's a Not!Roman Empire

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1227_051227_asia_migration.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Setting has an Empire
>It's based on the greatest historical Empire of all time

You get 5 guesses what it is. Hint: it's not Rome.

The British Empire, of course. God save the Queen!

>The vizier was evil all along!
>These people are based on >insert culture or religion here< and they act like a shallow and bad parody of >insert culture or religion here< because fuck actually reading!
>humans have a different culture in every land, other races separate culture by subrace.

was going to say this.
pretty much the best thing to happen to earth.

>British Empire

Wrong.

The Proto-Finnic Holy Roman Khanate

I thought Finland is the Fourth Rome
Are you telling me they were Rome-0 as well?

This reminds me of a WoD game I wanted to play, British Vampires setting up a Camarilla 'outpost' within the British Raj circa 1860. The theme of the game would be conquering the local supernaturals and reaping the supernatural resources of India - and becoming the Prince of a 'new' city.

>>humans have a different culture in every land, other races separate culture by subrace.

Assuming you separate the subraces geographically (hill dwarves vs mountain dwarves, forest elves vs. city-dwelling high elves vs. underground dark elves) that all flows together.

May lead to someone eventually asking if black people are a human subrace.

>not making your fantasy empire Prussian

>May lead to someone eventually asking if black people are a human subrace.
They're already subhuman, so why wouldn't they be a human subrace?

Technically they're the most purebred humans.

Fuck you Rome is cool.

Well memed

>didn't even last a millennium

Take your tall guard fetish and stupid helmets and get out

>May lead to someone eventually asking if black people are a human subrace.

I played in a campaign with as a Catfolk, with a Gnome, Fire Elf, and a Human. The Human was black, and with the example of the Fire Elf, my character insisted that the Human was some sort of subspecies, too, and proposed the term "Mudman" while guessing at possible racial advantages he might possess.

How about you make me, nerd.

T. """"""""""""""""""""""""""Holy """""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Roman """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The Roman Empire, and even more so the Republic (which people always lump together), was a fascinating period of history with a myriad of interesting themes to explore.

Anyone who interprets it merely as decadence and gladiators should be thrown into a crocodile put, and the same goes for idiots who just assume that interpretation is correct.

And Nero is basically the patron saint of Veeky Forums.

What if it's a fantasy version of the Roman Empire that made it to the industrial era whose religion has been influenced by a literal death cult so as to worship death in all aspects of life?

>muh Voltaire

Then you have WH40k.

Well really, if every different variant of nonhuman race is their own variant subrace why wouldn't humans be split up into the likes of whites and black and asian?

Elder Scrolls does it, though it was pretty hilarious in a game where they gave the Redguard bonuses to physical stats but penalties to the likes of 'personality' and 'intelligence'.
And the other humans basically comprised of ARYAN, ROMAN and HALF-ELF

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

Who needs personality, when you can sword-nuke a mountain by singing?

This is barely relevant to your post but I'm sticking it here anyway

America!

Rome during the decline is also vastly underrated.

My current setting is basically Not!Rome during the Gothic war just after Adrianople.
Having players with no knowledge of history helps too since we all are currently having a lot of fun.

Fuck off Otto. Take your weird bird fetish with you.

Don't want to be the ACTUALLY guy but...

"Imperial" is actually a broad term that covers 3 ethnic subgroups, Nibenese, Colovians, and Heartlanders. Heartlanders are the only ones that are really Not!Roman.

...except the "Aryans" take a bigger hit to Intelligence than the Redguards.

The motherfuckin Persian empire.

>setting has an "evil" empire
>it's not!Aztec

And it all used to be jungle terrain, until the retcons to make the setting more generic and bland, thus easier to portray

Macedonia?

Aztecs were pretty evil

Hey, what about a Nazi-Aztec Empire instead?

>Dark-skinned Nazis
You've gone too far

Witnessed.

I'm glad this thread finished so quickly.

>Tbe sacrifice the racial unpure to their gods to please them--two birds, one stone

My god, it's perfect

to be fair, they were pretty evil
Hell, the whole reason why they fell was because all the tribes they had subjugated and enslaved decided it would be better to risk things with the Spaniards than to live under Aztec rule anymore

>sacrificing the impure to your gods

Literal sacrilege. Everywhere, gods took only the best. That's why it's a sacrifice. The divine don't want your trash.

Why did they make gurkhas giants in that propaganda animation? I still don't understand it.

Sure they are terrifying buggers, but they are midgets, it makes no sense to show them as bigger than both the fascist trooper and the British soldiers.
If it was for propoganda shouldn't they have been portrayed as pointy-toothed little imps that served as diabolical servants to the burly aristocratic Brits?

North Sea Empire!

Yo Knut, how goes it with the Jomsvikings killing eachother?

>Not running in hinterlands based on the early medieval Balkans sandwiched between immortal Inka mummy-emps, a temporarily unified Mesopotamian hegemony, and a vaguely east-Asian mercantile company from beyond the sea

>sacrifice the racial unpure
>not cleanse the impure through holy fire
You don't do this whole "evil cult" thing too well. Sacrifices must already be clean. Purification is what you do to the unclean.

please don't disrespect the HRE like that

Absolutely fucking savage.

well, they're all dead

the galactic empire

Get outta here.

Because the Argies were absolutely terrified of them, and it hardly does their military any credit to remind people they were scared shitless of the Turbo Manlet brigade, even if they were Manlets who learned.

God Argies are pathetic.

Its good that people finally started to recognize how Just the UK protecting their people against a bunch of incompetent fascists once, instead of whining about warmongering.

Space Germans are just as bad as regular Germans

...we were kangs, and sheid?

that's a parody right? no one is actually that stupid.

That one is a parody, but the real thing is frighteningly close.

>What is Zimbabwe

the real thing will date 2045 and have the ethnicities the other way around

...how close?

But the Aztecs only sacrificed literally slaves/captured/foreigners.
Aztecs and Nazism is a perfect fantasy marriage.

>penalties to the likes of 'personality' and 'intelligence"
They were the only race that managed tu nuke their own homeland by swinging swords to much.
Penalty to intelligence is justified other races done stupid shit but not on that scale, except dwemer but they did it by having to much INT and magicking themselves out of existence

Qin/Han Dynasty?

>Kang
>Sheid
>PHarao WeWuz

I hope nobody would actually think that to be real.

So about them shitty fantasy Roman empires

Blood gods does not care from where blood flows, he just wants that blood flow.

They sacrificed warriors captured in flower wars, who had ritually purified themselves and had value; well-bred animals like eagles and dogs, who (like the animal sacrifices of the Old Testament) had to meet a certain level of quality; sinners who self-sacrificed to become purified and avoid bringing evil to the community; children, often pure maids as with the annual Hueytozoztli sacrifice; and two noble women at Tepeihuitl.

They would sometimes sacrifice slaves as well, but they weren't the focal point, and in any case they still represent sacrifice as a loss of wealth and value (even more than other nations valued slaves, given how few beasts of burden they had). It is not at all comparable to say, "We were going to just gas all the kikes, but instead we'll substitute them as a holy offering to the gods."

Afrocenterists claim that because the Nubian dynasty existed, ALL the pharaohs of Ancient Egypt were black. Contrawise, racists use Afrocenterists to deny that the Nubian dynasty existed at all and mock anyone who tries to discuss it.

Nordcenterists, while rarer, are equally as retarded.

>t. Veeky Forumstorian

>thinking Imperialistic Europeans are better subjugators than anyone else
Those poor saps.

Nobody denies the existence of the Nubian dynasty. That's a weird sort of reverse backlash. People deny that the claim of these racists is real, which it isn't.

Divide and conquer works. Those guys were just unlucky that they couldn't handle European diseases.

>tfw to intelligent to exist

Well, at least they weren't being sacrificed to Jaguar Gods anymore, now they were just forced to work sugar cane plantations.

Also, it was noted and recorded by many people, including his own crew, that Cortez was abnormally violent and insane, and was originally planning to use the Encomienda to go full Outer Heaven and declare the New World as his own nation.

Luckily the priest that they brought with them actually had a moral compass, and wrote a letter back to Spain saying "This guy is a genocidal fuckhead with delusions of granduer, please stop him."
Sadly, the Crown cared less about natives and more about Cortez taking their shit, so they sent troops to settle and oust Cortez, but didn't do anything to help the natives much.

So yeah, the Native Mexicans were just woefully unlucky that it was Cortez of all people who took the Aztec's place. Seriously, that guy was a huge dick

European diseases are the true White Power

Patrician taste.

To be fair, they were also supposedly in a Post-Post-societal collapse situation, so their population wasn't great to begin with, making the disease response terrible.

>Big Boss Cortez
>Central American Outer Heaven
>A weapon to surpass even Obsidian Jaguar

I'd play it. I mean fuck, Aztec royal names were basically ready-made for quirky boss squads.

Well, at the same time the Spanish were also murdering and torturing fellow Europeans up North because they believed in the wrong flavour of Christianity. And in the process they got their shit wrecked so hard that they haven't been relevant since.

Didn't the North American natives get completely decimated by the passive introduction of foreign diseases? Spreading like wildfire and leaving them BTFO

They were unironically better though. Natives were pretty loyal to the spanish crown, and pretty much always on the loyalist side during the different independence wars of the 18th century.

Everyone was murdering and torturing fellow europeans in europe, and protestants were as cruel if not more than catholics.

Oh yes they most certainly do. Try to start a thread about the Nubian dynasty. Just fucking try to get it off the ground without it being spammed to death with "WE WUZ KANGS".

The Holy Roman Empire

Not sure, I'm not an anthropologist, all I know is one of the pervailing theories is that there used to be much more natives in the Americas than there were when Europeans first came over, but something caused their society and populations to collapse, and by the time the Europeans arrived they were just beginning to re-discover civilization (as seen in the Iroquois League and the Great Lakes slave-trade), but sadly the new influx of disease and the conquest of the Europeans acted as the final nail in the coffin for them.

No idea what caused the collapse. Could've been an apocalypse war with Ancient Hebrews for all be bloody know

Mesoamerica and the Andes didn't suffer in a degree that can be compared to North America, or at least the result wasn't as apocalyptic. The mesoamerica of the aztecs is better compared with the franks arising as west-european hegemons after the fall of Rome than with a post-apocalyptic world.

>reading the text books in school without doing research outside of school
>not realizing earlier hominids have been found in asia for over 20 years but Academia is too liberal to take away the only thing niggers "have"
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1227_051227_asia_migration.html

I want /pol/ to die in a fire

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Really Veeky Forums, I expected better of you.

America is the greatest empire though. Name one other empire that has commanded the absolute power that America has.

You can't. The trend of history and technological development means that later empires are greater that past empires. Until technology resets it's development. Which very well could happen as a result of America falling.

Mongol Empire

IDK, the Byzantine Empire?

Sovjet empire

The Ottomans, obviously.

>Setting has 'The Empire'
>It's a Not!'Holy' 'Roman' 'Empire'

>the setting isn't set in the bronze age

Shame.

>greatest historical Empire of all time
>Note Rome

Contradiction in terms.

Fuck you, Rome is The Empire. Get a different name if i'ts not gonna have roman inspiration.

>laughinghan.jpg