Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Wheres the Emperor when you need him edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware the Doomrider)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

nth for Imperial Armor 14 news when?

Does anyone have the Chimera bridgelayer conversion that was on the Games Workshop website in the long long ago?

So yeah, any idea how to make the commander more Khorne-like?

Nth for bring back Knarlocs

Cultist head, chaos star freehand on trenchcoat, severed head on belt

first for Eldar are delicious~

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub
well fuck

Without looking at the picture: more spikes, more blood and gore

After looking at the picture: more red, more blood, more spikes, replace sword with an axe, make edgier in general.

>freehand
Oh boy, sure cant wait to fuck this up. I think I`ll just do a mark of khorne, its easier.

Cut the aquilla off his chest for a start, add some crudely painted khornate symbols, maybe replace his pistol with another sword.

IA14 is either going to nerf the shit out of the 30k stuff, causing all the AdMech players to whine, or it will get printed in all its OP glory, meaning that nobody is going to play against it.

Building a Dark Biologis Admech army using the 30k rules, need some bio-bits. Getting a Nid Armoured Assault box for small bio-guns, crushing claws and some other stuff. What are the best Tyranid kits in terms of options and modularity and such? Would be nice to have a source of parts on hand to use when I think they'd look good, rather than having to plan everything out exactly. Also,, I need greenstuff and plasticard. Any good online stores to get that from the UK, or can I just Amazon it along with the magnets?

So how much would change for Orks if they're vehicles and walkers had a 12 inch movement by default?

Yes they are

So has anyone else run the Adeptus Astra Telepathica version of the Astropath? I ran one in a game the other night.

Holy SHIT.

>50 point ML2 psyker
>Divination AND Telepathy
>roll INVISIBILITY but decide not to lose a friend so I swap it for pic related
>Prescience for other power
>Turn 1
>channels prescience, twin links an entire battery of 5 lascannons
>dies to deep strike
>turn 2
>all 4 of my reserve units come in thanks to reroll
>opponent gets stomped by deepstriking scions on all sides
>we both agree not to proxy, this motherfucker deserves his actual model

Any Imperial Army that uses more than one reserve unit needs this guy.

They could nerf the Triaros down to an oversized Rhino and I'd still be glad to get a dedicated transport.

Well, some of it could use a little nerf, but looking at the Chaos stuff from them in IA13 they're decent at doing ports like this. They have the Castellax, Thallax and Vulturax decent and hopefully the Macrocarid and I'll be happy.

I always wondered why they didn't implement the Ork Klans more into the game, like giving double movement if you're part of Evil Sunz.

Though that might make them too Space Marine clone-y.

is the Start collecting nids even good?

Is it ever advisable to take hellblades instead of heldrakes?

It's good value-wise, but you're unlikely to be taking Warriors or Gargoyles.

post yfw slaanesh gets squatted

Just do a quarter circle from hem to hem and then a few spikes coming out.

Yesss. IA books so good to read some new good book after all this shitty campaigns that GW is giving to us.

It's a 15/12/12 transport (Lots of people seem to forget that Flare Shields only work on the front arc) with no fire points.

It's good, but no way near cheese levels.

This may be obvious but the rule about a bike HQ allowing bikes as troops. Does that apply across the whole army or just the formation the HQ is in?

Post rule.

20 transport capacity, built-in regeneration and a way to drive weaker units over like roadkill is plenty strong. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed it in some way.

It also has excellent firepower, super mega ram, 20 man transport capacity, and built-in reroll DT.

It's OP as fuck, but I don't really expect AdMech players to admit it. They still try to pretend their army isn't excellent post-FAQ.

Fuck yeah!!!

Just the detachment the HQ is in.

The 6+ IWND might go, but removing the shock ram would be too far, it's part of the model. Replace the Volkite chargers with something more 40k suitable (It's supposed to be locked up 30k tech anyway so Volkite would make sense but people would whine so eh)

I don't have the book with me at the moment but i know it's a thing

Thats a good idea my man, thanks.

Thanks user.

Excellent firepower? It's one twin-linked Mauler Bolt cannon and a couple Volkite culverins, pretty much the same level of firepower you could expect to be shot out of your average transport.

Don't see a problem with Volkite. The Tech-Priest Dominus has it, wouldn't be out of the question that they'd use Volkite weaponry for planetary defense on their Forgeworlds, which is where IA 14 takes place.

are hellions decent at all?

You basically get 10 for free with the new box game

It just seems like they would be ok if they didnt hog precious FA slots

That's not average transport firepower unless we're talking Land Raiders.

Triaros is fucking good, REALLY good, I say this as an AdMech player, it makes me rock fucking hard.

>Buy the Deldar bundle for killteam playing
>Need to pack band-aid with my models now
How can small plastic men (and grills) be so fucking stabby.

for extra effect you can paint the glyphs with blood for the blood god, but use too much so it runs, BAM! improvised chaos dedication from the dead.

I'm talking firepower from the firepoints that most vehicles have and this doesn't.

And yeah, it's good and could actually make Electro Priests semi-viable but it's not the king of transports, I've only seen them used in 2 battles and they pretty much just functioned like any other transport, move shit from A-B whilst taking pot shots at shit on the way.

Anyone have any ideas for what I should add to make 1500 points?

Why does it seem some of the worst armies have the best value bundles Also thank you for posting this. I don't think ill be using the warriors or gargoyles so i probably wont pick it up. Why the fuck is the hive tyrant so expensive

Riptides

>10 points - kustom mega slugga - 12" s8 ap2 pistol/gets hot
>5 points - kustom mega blasta - 24" s8 ap2 assault1/gets hot
what did gw mean by this?

The answer to any DE "What can I add" question:

More Raiders.

How about cyanide

More Blasterborn, maybe a Razorwing.
Also, split your Reavers into two squads of three unless you want to add another FA choice.

pistol gives +1 attack in melee?

>not more reavers
Fucking pleb

>No SoB

Fucking kill the faction already and end the suffering

Oh, by the way, should I make the places where I got rid of imperial symbols smooth or leave them a bit scratched, to showcase that they were formen guardsmen?

It's a relatively big model with a lot of options.

>new wave of sets made up of specifically-picked plastic models only
>expecting a SoB version
You don't even play the faction, do you? Or you do and you're the Sistersfag stereotype we all hate.

up to you

Even if Slaanesh gets squatted, Im still gonna play my mono slaanesh army on the tabletop, Ill keep the faction alive no matter what the rules say.

>15 points - plasma gun - 24" s7 ap2 rapid fire/gets hot
>15 points - plasma pistol - 24" s7 ap2 pistol/gets hot

Probably that GW doesn't understand balance / thinks the +1A from two weapons is way better than it actually is.

>it's half a squad and a heavy bolter sister

I'd rather have a squad of 6. And that extra choice of FA slots is always there for me.

Reavers are great. I love cluster caltrops mmm and hit n run mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You should have half scratched the imperial aquilas off

Where did you source these helmets? 30k? Fantasy?
They look pretty nice user.

>still a 40£ savings

Definitely fantasy Warriors of Chaos heads.

Dammit why does it have to be such a detailed mini

fantasy chaos warriors, I quit fantasy shortly after 8th made my khornate warriors terrible because of absolutely no magic defense and magic being OP.
Also magical terrain was completely retarded.
Those models are also all reposed at the legs, I hate the squatting position GW puts all marines in.

Remember that's a lot less effective in 40k where for the most part there's no convenient 20 man unit for it to carry about, although a whole bunch of Peltasts in that thing would be fairly scary. It's good, but it's also an £80 Forge World toy. Not many people will be running around with more than one or two tops.

Personally I want a Macrocarid. Nicely big enough for some Kataphrons and an Inquisitor, or a Skitarii squad, nice armour, cool grav roof gun and Torrent Fleshbane AP3 templates as a sponson choice. Also worth more than 1.5 points per GBP.

Probably going to have my Vulturax and Castellax converted up then, which means I can take less deathstary Cybernetica and that adorable flyer to fix quite a lot of problems with the army.

Because that's all we fucking have as nid players right now, okay?

I fucking love the old nid models. They are so funny looking.

i know user i know

user, before you assemble your mini's take a few minutes with a hobby knife/exacto blade/other name they go by and carve off those aquilas!

>starting collecting orks
>boyz
>nobz
>deffdread
its like they picked the 3 worst units in the book.

Maybe if they made plastic, like every army was having during third.

Is there any reason why there isn't any plastic SoB?

Can somebody recommend me units for a 1000 point Night Lords list?

I first assembled them as normal guard CCS, thats why they are all painted and assembled. The rest that I have will be all "fixed".

Ask GW

raptors and heldrakes

Son did you just got triggered? By someone asking for SoB?

Does anybody think they will release the Triumvirate as individual models?

In my experience they tend to release group things but then repackage them individually after a couple months.

I just want some confirmation other people think this way to quell my anxiety about not getting it right now as I do not really want giant robot man and to foot the extra $20-30 for the privilege of owning a model I will never paint.

GW doesn't know, I'm starting to think the rumour of "we don't do marketing research" is true

Anyone has the Vyridian mail showing how confused they where about her popularity?

Sisters weren't popular enough to get a plastic release back in the day, and never have been. That's why they stayed metal, and why they will stay metal unless GW decides to surprise reboot the faction.

Buy the models(s) you like from Ebay, or buy the Triumvirate and sell the one(s) you don't want/split it with a friend.

There, done.

There was debate about which was better in 4th edition. The cost of both are a relic from that age.
Back then, the plasma pistol:
>Allowed you to fire twice if you were stationary, but overheated on a 1 or 2
>Let you charge afterwards
>Gave the +1 attack in assault, back when assault armies were king

Back then, the plasma gun:
>Only allowef you to fire outside 12" if you were stationary
>Fired twice inside 12", but overheated on a 1 or 2

>I quit a game everytime im not playing the most OP brokenshit anymore

They are actually not too shabby on the offensive side of things. Decent amount of poison shots and s4 melee attacks with FC later and possible s5 from drugs make them okay when dropping the hurt. However, they have tshirt for saves and are t3 so unless you're deepstriking them, they will likely be giving away first blood turn 1. My verdict? Use with extreme caution.

As for the FA slots problem, just run the realspace raider detachment. 6 FA slots is more than enough outside of 2k++ games.

depends on how u make it.

>plays CSM
>has done since WHFB 8th
Dude if he was WAAC he'd have picked Tau or some shit. CSM a shit. A SHIT.

Until TL made them decent.

I'd go with more more raiders and reavers. 2 more start collecting boxes should be sufficient for your needs.

what is his actual model?

Back in 3rd everyone had at least their troop choice in plastic.
The only exceptions where DH and WH.

While the rest of the armies where getting plastic kits and new models.

It is a case of models didn't sold because they where already old and expensive. They continue to this day to be the oldes un updated army.

TL:DR SoB when 3rd was release and WH codex was release they already had old models.

I won't be surprised if GW doesn't do marketing research. They don't have easy access to the kind of data they need (playtesting data, who plays what and in what percentages) and are really only working with whatever feedback they get from their stores in the form of sales and possibly manager feedback (likelihood: unlikely).

If they'd run more events, they'll get a better idea on things, but right now they are pretty handsoff about market research which limits the data sets they are working with

Yes, and why didn't they get a plastic release in 3rd? They did not sell well enough. I mean fuck, the codex hit at the tail end of 2nd, you'd think if there was ever a time they'd have been popular it'd have been back then.

Sistersfags need to stop deluding themselves into thinking anyone but them cares about their faction.

whats the value of the new commorath gangs of box

>11 BS4 S6 shots
>average transport
See, utterly delusional. It's an extremely cost-efficient MBT that just so happens to have an enormous transport capacity.

Can I have another army CAD as an allied force?

it doesn't have culverins, it has chargers.

3 str6 ap3 shots
4 str5 ap5 shots

hey there Veeky Forums I'm pretty new to 40k and I feel like I've made a grave error in picking Orks. I don't mind not winning a whole ton, but why the hell are my nobs worse than or barely equal to a tactical marine in almost every way, but cost more?