>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3oT5s7fKbY
youtube.com/watch?v=Gxu248aD6PY
scp-wiki.net/scp-2206
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I view SB and Veeky Forums the same way I do America's political system. Both sides have some good points and bad, but the people on either who actively have opinions on the whole thing are basically bickering children.

Seriously guys, be mature about our single player imagination game.

drakensis, from SB.

You're asking people to be mature on Veeky Forums and SB. You'd have a better chance asking your closest politician to do an honest job at representing you. If people focused strictly on making jumps, jumping jumps, and improving their writing ability, we should have a lot more jumps than what we do now.

Mostly because the first guy who came from SB, Slipstream or some dumbfucker, was a massive cock-up.

And since then we've all, both sides, just made it so much fucking worse.

>both sides
>implying implications

The SB people are occasionally annoying, the people who are always complaining about SB are constantly annoying.

You're right, it's mainly /jc/ that brought everything to shit.

Question for NikaMoth

Can powers you bring out in people through Starseed Awakening by copied?

You said they couldn't be stolen and had to be given willingly with no mind control or coercion, but is copying fine?

>implying Anonymous is ever at fault.

boom diggity boom buds

Sure, but only temporarily.

Slipstream wasn't as much of a problem as you think he was. He undermined QS yes, and he was one of their first that had the attitude of "my rules or no rules", but he also faded away really quickly and never bothered to make jumps. It was mostly their early wave of jumpmakers that gave them a terrible reputation, and afterwards it was the cherry picking of comments that cemented that reputation and let people here apply it to the entire community at large rather than just select individuals. It doesn't help that their community doesn't have many redeeming elements to it. The discussions they have are pretty much the same as the ones here, except they can feel morally superior because they have less shitposting and more "civilized" debates.

At the end of the day, the current sentiment on SB is that they don't need to care about what happens on /jc/, other than new jumps popping up. They'll freely disregard the conventions in this community, because they don't agree on the idea that they should have a good relationship with this community. From a gain/loss perspective, they don't lose much at all, since they can still access jumps from this drive regardless of what the relationship between the two communities is.

Why only temporarily?

Can we maybe not start this thread off with bitching about things that aren't being an active problem?

Like, shit, here, thread question. Who here has somewhat original projects in their chains that they're willing to talk about? I'm talking about shit you made and improved using the perks and resources collected as time went on, something uniquely your own.

MOON PRISM POWER, MAKE UP!

But if we talk about our projects and what shit is used in them, all that's going to do is give certain Jumpmakers targets to nerf and bitch about.

The powers come from the soul and the personality, so unless you can emulate parts of the soul that can define the powers, it'll be difficult to copy them.

Just a quick question /jc involving how drawbacks work. Say I get a drawback where these enemies get a dramatic boost in power. Lets say I do some soul absorbing or whatever and the perk says I get some of their power, lets say a tenth. Would it be fair to say I get a tenth of these enemies powers at their drawback power level?

Because the whole reason the arbitrary restriction was put in place was to stop you from gaining free power. It's a fiat restriction, and I'm surprised you can even copy them.

Is this supposed to be done? I noticed that Lineage of Warriors perk you posted last thread isn't in there.

That really depends on how the drawback is written.
Most of the time it I'd imagine it works like that.

>That thread name
Is this real? Is this really happening?

Haven't been there yet, but when I do get to Generic Creepypasta, I'm gonna go with a Slenderman derivative.
Instead of tentacles, there will just be arms. So many arms. And I'm gonna build weird shit in remote places. Leave behind weird tools and weapons.

inb4 four arms

No, user. This is just a series of free-form imagination prompts. Though you can pretend it is.

Tell me what jumps made you regret taking that extra drawback

Probably not with scaling enemies at the very least since that would get stupid really fast if you scaled with yourself.

It's in there, I did a search and it's in there.

Jump 194 Metalocalypse by Alera_user
Starting Location: Earth
Background: Metal God (300)

Perks:
*Legend of Metal (0) glad it’s optional
*Blues man can get in just about anywhere (100, Discount)
*Impulsive Advancement (0)
*Darker than the blackest black (0)
*Brutal Bureaucracy/Yeah it’s very metal (100)

Equipment:
*Expanded Business (300)
*Mordhaus (200, Discount)

(Standard deal, don’t know *Screech*)

So I kicked so much *Screech* people went blind… and then their heads *Screech*ing exploded because they couldn’t contain the level of metal.

I rode in to my concerts on the back of a fire breathing robot unicorn that had chainsaws for a face, why because it was *Screech*ing metal.

Actually I just had fun with this jump, things were crazy Snowlflame was our drummer, somehow It fit, He is actually a very talented drummer too.

I am more of a rock and roll fan but it was nice to actually have a jump where I just got to go around and play amidst the random chaos though the world was a bit disturbing. Thankfully apparently being in a lesbian polygamous marriage got me metal street cred somehow so I didn’t really have to do much to prove how metal I was. Unfortunately we still had to do lots of random stunts because our Manager wanted to get our name out there.

He kept trying to compete with Dethklock. I was actually happy just to be #2 because Dethklocks fans were… *screetch*ed up. I have enough trouble with some of my companions I don’t need insane fans too. On the note of my companions being messed up Snowflame tried to conquer a Columbia for nostalgia sake. He actually sort of succeeded but we played it off as a publicity stunt when I explained to him that ruling a country wasn’t all drugs and sex that he would actually have responsibility.

I dunno. A lot of those are just "they have grown to match you" rather than some Reinhard-esque "always better" effect.

... I'm okay with a restriction like that.

However what if I use Starseed Awakening on myself to get a power specifically designed to get around that?

It's basically Yhwach from Bleach's soul-distribution ability. I can heal people by giving them pieces of my soul via touch, but unlike Yhwach's version it doesn't shorten their lifespan.

The piece of my soul inside the person I gave it to copies their memories and any soul-based abilities. When the host dies, that soul piece returns back to me while the person I gave it to peacefully goes onto the afterlife.

Would that work for a permanent copy?

Jumpers!

Sure you can smash planets. Okay, so you’ve got all the waifus. But can you still laugh? If so, what do you do: jokes, pranks, honest shenanigans? Tell me your tales of humor, jumpers.

>scaling enemies
Oh yeah, I wouldn't find that fair myself. The drawback and perk that made me question this was the Class War Drawback in Fate Stay, and the Eternal Harvester perk in Dota 2.

I was wondering if I could take the soul of say, Lancer, who's now spec'd in a bunch of classes and has a lot of power, and get a little power in return based on his Drawback enforced form.

First of all, what's that from? It looks hilarious. As for what I do for humour, a mix of the three. Making bad puns, pranking people, and engaging in mad science/magic with friends and family, stuff like that.

I want to make a robot out of love, but I don't know where I can find the right materials.
If I could just find a perk that would let me manipulate 'love energy' I'd be fucking set, but for the life of me there doesn't seem to be one in all of Jumpchain.

You wound me, user.
I'm talking about Crysis as a jump.
It's one of my favorite vidya series ever.

So what would it take to beat the scenario?
Heck, what would it take to even just survive the jump?

I basically spent most of Mass Effect following around Shepard singing music, including the Shepard Song by MoS.

Hell I posted that song all over the extranet.

Also in Worm I repeatedly posted this song, and aired it on live television, as "the secret life of Bakuda" youtube.com/watch?v=E3oT5s7fKbY

A large number of my fucking with people entails music.

One of the Marx Brothers films, not sure which one. They are all great.

Looks good-

>Chibi-Usa will appear if Princess Serenity married anyone
Wait, if she married anyone in the future or in the present? Because if it's the latter, that means the Dark Moon Kingdom took a lot longer to show up here.

Slipstream was amusing because of how much of a pompous git he was while having terrible grammar and making up rulings all over the place. Was amusing watching the SB thread back in the day where he'd pull a ruling out of his ass only for Merchant to more often than not provide the actual ruling with archive citations if necessary. Admittedly even back then relations were stormy, but up until the explosion with Adarx failing to realize why trying to rules lawyer community standards just made him come off as an asshat there were a good deal more people willing to speak well of SB. People didn't care for SB but it was more due to producing poorly put together jumps and being full of idiots instead of driving off a popular jumpmaker, producing ridiculously power wanked jumps, and being full of jackasses. The result was similar but perception shifted a good deal after that.

Will Tales of Symphonia's plot resolve itself so long as I don't get involved?

It's a Marx Brothers film. That one is Duck Soup, and it may be their best.

They really are a joy to watch.

All of the above. It generally takes the form of taking pictures of them doing embarrassing things and sending them on long, convoluted, and kind of silly quests only to pull the "The real treasure was inside of you all along." Card.

my body is ready

The silent one, god I forget his name, was always my favorite. Groucho is good too, but not as good.

>The real treasure was inside of you all along.
The treasure was jumpers dick?

I had a similar problem with "stuff made of good". People don't tend to treat anything positive as something you can touch, where as the evil stuff can be expelled or is thought of as a corrupting substance. The best I was ever able to do was Real Eater "Pure Evil, No Pulp" from Actraiser. Good luck dude.

Well there's technically Hadoken in 8bit theatre. I don't think that's actually what you're looking for unfortunately

God of War has a perk that lets you smith with energy so if you could get your hands on the tangible love somewhere that could do it.
If you get Love as an energy pool you can do that with Gemcraft.
I don't really know where you'd get a love pool outside of gaming generic magical girl though.

Other than that you could probably do something with the more freeform options out there like stands, noble phantasms, and Misc Meta/Rainmaker.
You could probably also do it with special power in Generic Xianxia if you don't mind training it up for literal centuries.

Right now.

Fuck Grail-Kun for filling Binbougami Ga with god damn glitch water and fuck Game Boy for listening to his suggestion in the first place. Drawback Companions. Not even once. I swear to fuck I got THIS close to my chain ending because of that shit.

I..I...sure. Whatever. You got me beat. But if you kill them yourself, you won't get the power, since it's not a "peaceful" death.

The IRC gave me the perfect idea for revenge against Gilgamesh when I reach a Fate Jump. I say "a" Fate jump because I got a good idea for an arc that starts in the fate/zero jump when Val gets it done, hohoohoho. poor jumper nika is going to go through some ~CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT~ See, he bullied me quite a lot in the Carnival Phantasm jump, so...how about I bully him back?

Specifically, break into his house, possibly use First Magic if I do buy it to load it up with Saber merch, and put a note by each one saying "this is the closest you will ever get to being with her" and "Saber is the WORST wife" and other taunting messages. Might get a face full of Ea if I get caught but it's fucking worth it.

>"The real treasure was inside of you all along."

Huh, neat.

So what happens if I go Berserker and take EX rank Mad Enhancement?

Hope you didn't care for your sanity.

>webm related

It Depends. Mad Enhancement is a weird fucking skill, usually it's pure high octane berserk rage, but some times it goes for really weird shit like "has the mentality of a child" or "is a yandere who views you as her son/lover".

No, it's the skills they developed along the way.
You act like a normal person until your trigger comes up, at which point you get a massive stat boost and do acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle.

You get real STRONK. But also real STYUPID

Come up with some way you're fucked up. Like maybe you see the world and the entirety of the universe as Roma. Or maybe you deeply believe everybody you interact with more than three times is your child. Or something else.

Because son. You are fucking insane.

Don't forget. Is a nurse.

WHY

There isn't much point discussing this much further and people evidently get tired whenever anything related to SB is mentioned. If neither side cares to mend relations, it won't happen, and as it stands, neither side can see a reason to do so. Both sides would much rather ignore the existence of the other, except we have jumpmakers that skirt both sides, which is enough to aggravate some folks.

The only reason I brought up how many jumps they made was largely because SB needed to demonstrate that they could have consistency. A guy making one or two jumps doesn't show consistency, no matter how good those jumps are. But if they can't consistently make good jumps and pump them out, they can't change the reputation that their older jumpmakers saddled them with.

At the end of the day this is the only thing that matters, especially for the SB jumpmakers who are trying to get their jumps accepted by this drive, because then they aren't fighting against the preconception from people here that SB jumps are poorly put together, and they can actually get useful critique to improve with.

Jumpers dick is a better answer.

Dare I ask which movie?

Yeah, God of War was already part of the plan.
That energy metal perk is outta sight.
And I was considering PS238, but there's so many amazing options there.

Ehh… what the fuck am I looking at?

Aw, lost the Discordia Cannon. I'll have to come up with a new way to deal with Typhon...and a lot of other things. Rebuild incoming.

humor is something you find in the everyday. our particular brand constists of mostly hijinks and setting up morons to fail in a spectacular fashion.

Yes and no. Depends on how much you consider plot armor to exist.
Lots of times if luck didn't go just the right way they would have all been fucked.
Even if the plot is on rails there's still a couple ways it could go wrong. There's a lot of disasters to go around.

Try not to hang out in Palmia if you don't plan on getting involved.

>I..I...sure. Whatever. You got me beat. But if you kill them yourself, you won't get the power, since it's not a "peaceful" death.

I feel like I pissed you off with that workaround, and for that I apologize.

Being honest I ask because one of my long-running projects for this chain is to troll everyone in Soul Society when I finally take Bleach by pretending to be Yhwach.

I already took "A Revolution In Written Form" and "Raindenhanto" from German Hollow Quest. Starseed Awakening seemed like the perfect equivalent to the Sternritter's "Letters".

Source?

Sadly, all I have is tentacles.

That works too. It's like, a dozen dicks.

Oh and in Fate/Stay Night I'm going to show up and start doing random ass musical numbers everywhere.

In fact when I go to CoCo I'm going to get a [Stand] that lets me make musical numbers that help enhance my magic, and also it weirds people out see

I suppose if it's in the name of messing with people, I can support that. Your apology is accepted.

So many things I want...

Weirds people out seeing it and they wonder who and what the fuck I am, pulling all these bystanders into choreographed moves with disney acid trip shit everywhere.

Do your companions have lovers of their own or is just a big harem?

Google says it's a movie called Possession.
Sounds about right

Was feeling a bit nostalgic on mention of Slipstream. Sorry for the rambling.

So I went a little crazy after dying a bunch of times in the Necrodancer jump. Then I hit death note. I remembered the complex security system light had rigged up. So I could walk through walls so I put a woopie cushion on lights seat and then I took the death note and filled up all the pages with the word penis and put everything back the way it was.

Things didn't turn out well for him. The whoopie cushion freaked him out but he thought it was just his sister, the death note made him freaked him out so much his screaming brought his family after he got rid of them he was so shaken he forgot about his own security system and well ok so it didn't wind up being all that funny for him. I also covered 100 toilet seats in plastic wrap in a single night.

besides worm, what are some jumps that have good reverse engineering perks or abilities? i'm running a chain using tear from bioshock to steal devices and technology and i want to be able to figure out how they work.

Yes.

Just make a point not to go to the Tower of Salvation. It's this bigass tower that stretches up past the sky, pretty hard to miss. That's actually the entrance to the villain's HQ.
There's also some concentration camps run by elves in Sylvarant (one of the two worlds the game takes place in), but they're much more obvious, whereas the tower has everyone in the first leg of the plot believing it's a holy place.

Anyway, if you don't get involved, I don't think there are any major cataclysms or anything, so you should be fine.

Or, if you're Vlad III, "is kind of annoyed everybody thinks you're a vampire."

>i'm running a chain using tear from bioshock to steal devices and technology
Uh, how? At best Tear only allows you to /maybe/ find something slightly useful every once in awhile.

...I accidentally gave one of my daughteru's a husbando recently. Fortunately he didn't come with us.And then I went to danmachi and he was there too, and she blue feathered him.Fuck my habit of retaining continuity and fanfic drawbacks.

You're not the only one I suppose. This just isn't the same time or place that we had before anymore, but it is what it is.

Neptunia's Deity of Sin lets you power up from the sins of the world population, then lets you spend that sin to reverse-engineer things. Higher cost for higher complexity, and that's sin not being used to keep yourself a Goddess equivalent, but it's still pretty low effort, since if there's one thing you can rely on, it's people sinning.

F.E.A.R, Fallout, MCU, Ciel No Surge.

>driving off a popular jumpmaker
Not that it took /jc/ long to turn on Babylon after he left.

Yes.
Or to be more specific, I have my harem, but I have Companions who I have not waifued who have their own lovers amongst my companions who I have not waifued.

Sure they have other lovers, other members of my harem. Not all of them are into that, and that's fine, but those that are find fun in their spare time.

>I suppose if it's in the name of messing with people, I can support that. Your apology is accepted.

Well thank you then.

All that's left for my plan is to go to King Arthur, take the "King's Aide" and "A Journey Through Time".

Then I just have to train multiple generations of Quincies, use Starseed Awakening on them, let them die of natural causes, have them protect the King's bloodline, grow a cool mustache, and just wait for centuries until I reach the year 2020.

Then I cap things off by heading to Bleach.

Lesbian Harem Variety Pack for about half of them, but the rest haven't settled with anyone or in Chicky and Rae's case getting together while the rest of us pretend we didn't notice.

The Discordia Cannon is still a thing! Do not worry! Just look a little harder...you'll find it under a different name. And I do not expect you to replace your old build!

She will appear like...a few months after you beat Beryl. Chibiusa is born in the future relative to her showing up.

1. Canon Events that kill you but Usagi revives everyone won't end your chain, so don't worry about those.

2. I would suggest to get a ton of anti evil and purification perks to help out, and maybe lots of holy beams and weapons. Just go all out. Have a big battleship and throw shit at Beryl's armies.

I would also suggest that you try to get everyone under your banner to fight her.

To survive the jump? My best bet is to just hang by the Senshi and help them whenever you can. Alert them to stuff. Usagi will naturally kill Chaos, unless you actually decide to fight it yourself or take drawbacks.

Nope. Because I only have one companion, and sleeping around isn't either of our things.

i use the items i get to safely use dimensional shunting from skulduggery pleasant. if jeremiah fink can get cool tech, I'm sure i can as well. just not as an amoral racist.

Professor Paradox: can a Galvanic Mechamorph learn to do what Ship can do and mimic technology they've touched? Could a Galvan companion give them that functionality if they can't normally do it? Others seem to think yes since Ship is still a Galvanic Mechamorph, so I'm going with that unless you say otherwise.

Can a Galvanic Mechamorph upgrade something and leave the upgrades behind or do they always revert back to what the machine was like before the Galvanic Mechamorph merged with it? The Gwen 10 episode indicates it's possible, but only with a throwaway line of dialogue that may have been referencing temporary enhancement while in it.

As a Plumber can your free Partner be an imported Companion? I've already filled out my companion roster.

Could someone with an omnitrix to study and the Animojo and R&D perks make something like the Biomnitrix and do fusions?

If you're a vampire in a jump, do you retain those weaknesses in whatever alt-form you're in for the duration of the jump, then they only apply to that alt-form post-jump?

>if I keep spamming the same thing maybe sempai will notice me

I have four companions in two separate relationships that I'm in no way involved in (other than egging things on a bit). What's with the assumption that every Jumper is in an isolated love bubble?

Okay, so. I planned to have this done today, but it turns out I had more in store than I thought. It's very roughly jumpable here, so if you wanted to get an earlybird start on it, here you go.

I'm exhausted, so I probably won't answer any big questions yet. Things I need to do include
>Fluff Scenario descriptions a bit more.
>Finish item descriptions
>Finish companion descriptions
>Address any oddities or artifacts from the old WIP.

If you spot anything weird in the doc, please notify me.

So what sports did you guys play in the Sports jump?
I'm torn between this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Gxu248aD6PY
and this:
scp-wiki.net/scp-2206

They both seem fun as hell in their own ways, but the second seems way more dangerous.

There have been dozens of arguments about this over the years.
Unless the jump specifies one way or the other, just handle it how you want to. Less arguing that way.

Fanwank it m8. There's really no standards for that kind of thing.
Sometimes a jumpmaker will leave in a note for how it works, but other than that it's all in the air.

I was wondering because it's going to be either my 11th or 12th jump, and from what i've read about the game, surviving that is not a likely prospect.

Bodacious Babes

Who made the Warframe Jump?