Martials or Casters? Which are stronger?

Martials or Casters? Which are stronger?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/xwzcl2td0ts6u0s/AABjNCmUrnjLdQFy5sNGg73la?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Martials, in the most literal sense of "stronger". A fighter easily has the muscle to throw a bratty wizard over his shoulder and carry her like a sack of wool.

Depends on the system, probably.

Neither, Engineers and Physicists beat them both.

FE10's Magic users aren't so strong.

He said her, not xer.

I cast bull's strength.

But SorenxIke is canon! Soren knows magic, he probably mpregged himself to make Priam.

Yes, exactly.

Princess carry is also acceptable.

Their respective genders are irrelevant. It's more likely to be a male fighter and a female spellcaster--especially if there's going to be ravishing involved--simply due to statistics, but that's anything but a hard-and-fast rule.

That's my wife's boyfriend's favourite spell.

>implying Ike didn't impregnate Mist

Wait, it is? Do you have to play Radiant Dawn for that?

Ike has 3 endings. He goes off to another continent either alone, with Soren or with Randalf.

Ah. I only played PoR.

Y'know, now that I'm thinking about it, I never finished my Ike-only run.

>346 replies and 73 images omitted. Click here to view.
While we're dropping hot opinions, rate mine:
>Spells above 5th level simply shouldn't exist as part of anything other than artifacts
>The way Warlocks are used in 5e should be the standard for spellcasting and not the exception
>Background features/features not obtained by classes should be expanded on a fuckton
>Either put in more rules for social interaction and exploration, or just drop the pretense and go OSR with rulings instead of rules

Meant to reply to My reply to was just gonna be taunting about needing a spell slot to pretend to be a man, followed by hearty fighter laughter. But I figured that was better left unsaid.

That's a +4 enchantment bonus at best.
The fighter should have at least 16 strength, what sort of ridiculous stat rolls did you get that you can afford a 12 in strength?

Not to mention that enchantment bonuses don't stack, and if your level is >= 4 then the fighter can afford gauntlets of ogre power and other such strength enchantments.

underrated post

depends on the system/setting/GM/player

Not if they keep committing suicide-murder before even entering combat.

Muscle Wizard

You know, you don't need nukes to show off your engineering strength.

Batteries of conventional artillery will do.

I think in fire emblem martials are fine, although both certainly have their place and the individual in question matters. Especially after they fixed luna and nosferatu.

I wonder if fire emblem translates reasonably well to the tabletop space?

I'd actually love to see it translated to tabletop, or even just a game set in an FE-esque setting. I love weeb swords and sorcery stuff, and before it went full waifu/nip bullshit with the 3DS games, it had a nice sense of style and aesthetic.

Stats matter more than class in FE, honestly. Take Ike for example, since he's in the OP. That guy is fully capable of soloing his own game, letting his army sit on the sidelines while he proceeds to slaughter an army of Fighters, Mages, Cavalry, Wyvern Riders, Dragon Laguz, and The Goddess of Order by himself.

He's kinda shitty early in PoR but you have Titania to carry you through.

>iz cannon
>one of the 3 endings
>your spoilered post. jesus

tit iz jagen mostly though

>tit iz jagen mostly though

She's an Oifey, actually.

Honesty i did't see the difference, ike handled most of the game and i normally train the not advanced member of the party.
why i also didn't use shinon

Oifey don't have Jagen-tier growths, and can thus be viable all game.

Shinon is kinda crap in PoR, but absolutely amazing in RD. After Takumi, he's the best archer in the series, even better than Jamka.

>After Takumi
god i hate pineapple bro.
>archers in general
also something i never really used, perhaps it's the rekka no ken but i've always found them trash, except for pent's wife and lyn, both were pretty mediocre archers.
>RD
never actually played through it, my saves didn't transfer and i rented games back then

Archers have been generally trash in the series with the exception of Gaiden (where they had 1-5 range IIRC), Jamka in FE4, Shinon in RD and basically anyone in Fates.

The main reason is that they are reliant on specific map design to be good, and many had mediocre stats. Jamke and Shinon had amazing stats, skills and were in games where bows weren't shit. Fates archers have the advantage of Yumi being obscenely powerful, especially Takumi's prf weapon.

definitely.
being slow, gimped mages didn't really help.
I've found mounted ones are at least usable sometimes, heard good things about Astrid.
>fates
jesus everything about that makes remember takumi's fucking wall.
Whoever though magic and axes should go together should be killed to prevent seeds of rebellion
>fe 4
holy war, been meaning to find an emulator for that and 776 but at this point the UI decay might make it unplayable.]

>Martials, in the most literal sense of "stronger"
well we better nerf that too

The UI is hilarious, though.

I've also ported the system straight into a standalone system but the pdf is too large to upload here

dropbox.com/sh/xwzcl2td0ts6u0s/AABjNCmUrnjLdQFy5sNGg73la?dl=0

Oh my message got cut off

>My group who is not very interested in FE has had a lot of fun with my homebrew system. I haven't used my 5e homebrew for it myself but a lot of people in /5eg/ expressed interest in it.

>That's a +4 enchantment bonus at best.
>The fighter should have at least 16 strength, what sort of ridiculous stat rolls did you get that you can afford a 12 in strength?
>not always going for the muscle wizard

MUSCLE WIZARDS!

Technician.

This right here is a STR-focused Tao at work. Probably with Grappling, Pankration, Muay Thai(For high damage), and the Presence Extrusion Ki passive to grab the Ghost Train.

>Can attack at range!
>Can't exploit magic bullshit or attack someone right next to them

It's less that Archers are weaker mages, and more that mages are just fucking better because they don't get mulched the second an enemy spawns BEHIND your defensive line.

Depends on the game.

Sabin is way better off using magic than he is physical attacks, though. Sure, that's true for basically everyone in VI due to shitty math that makes Vigor only work better than magic at like, level 50+, which is way in excess of what you need to beat the game or do the GBA optional content, but he's a special case in that literally all of his moves but Pummel and Suplex run off of Magic.

>He's kinda shitty early in PoR
stats wise sure but since the beginning of every fire emblem game is full of shitty bandits that your lord has triangle advantage over he can mop up lots of free exp