Creatures in Disguise

Post art of creatures/monsters/aliens pretending to be human.
Bonus points for stuff that would look good at a distance but looks WRONG up close. (pic related)

Also, stories of games where things aren't what they seem.

A classic.

All I got.
I love this stuff. Non-humans doing a mediocre job of pretending to be human can be both hilarious and terrifying.

I'm working on a campaign all about this.

"So, all things considered it had been a pretty nice day. It was a bright spring day, I had managed to get a good hour of sunbathing in, I ate a hearty breakfast. It was "that" time of year so I was sitting on a rock, flashing my dewlap so that that asshole Larry would stop trying to muscle in on my turf. I even got a little rhythm going. Head up. Head down. Head up. Head down. Head up... After such a workout, I allowed myself a moment to scope out the surroundings. I wanted to be obvious enough that the ladies could see and Larry would fuck off, but I didn't want to get snatched by a hawk. I didn't see anyone in the general area, but I did spy an alluring movement in the leaf litter. A delectable yellow worm was just wriggling around out in the open! How foolish of it! Not one to pass up such an opportunity, I made my way towards the worm. I was the picture of stealth, taking step after cautious step so as not to scare it back into the ground. As I was clearing the last few inches, my mouth watered. I could already taste that worm. Indeed, I was so focused on the worm that I never noticed the snake attached to it until it was too late." -An account by an anole's ghost
Pretty much any camouflaged predator in nature is already a mimic. They just need a lure.

I've recently been wanting to draw a drider type monster but instead of the front mandibles they are human looking legs. Basically it is a spider with a chick sitting on its head, like anglerfish type bait. In a dark place some drunkard wouldn't see the horse sized spider behind the beautifully naked woman making inticing gestures and would plunge his cock right into the spider mouth. Probably been done before but whatever

But don't stop there, my man

This actually became a thing in Dark Souls 3.
At least the concept design, because I doubt it fools anyone.

I'm totally stealing this idea, think I can make it work with a mountain lion?

Maybe. A bear can do it slightly easier because it can stand up and emote with its forearms. A mountain lion would need to stand on two legs like Back at the Barnyard to make it work.

I recommend a primate, like a chimpanzee or an orangutan, or even a gorilla if you're going the brute of a brawler type of character

What if I choose to be an owlbear?

Or is that overkill?

That's a bit much in my opinion
>that guy is ripping that dude to shreds, where did you say you met him?
>about two miles away from a reported owlbear location, but other than the oddly bloody hat and weird growling owl noises of confusion, he seemed alright to hang with

What if he was deliberately designed as a tank/barbarian/warrior?

Cause an owlbear wizard would DEFINITELY be overkill.

Could possibly get away with it depending on GM

If you're playing in a joke campaign, or you always play drunk or high, or your master is an idiot, perhaps you can. And only in these cases it would make remotely sense to do so.

Otherwise, see spoiler.

Tell me more about how being a bear that pretends to be a human in a serious campaing is 'fun'.

Also tell me more about how many rules you have to break to make it work in a campaign where you're actually using the rules instead of just making dorf jokes.

>you don't rp the same as me!
>you need to stop!
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!