Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Primitive Edition:

How savage are your savages /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

makeyourgamelegendary.com/products-page/all-products/the-robot-summoner/
docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
amazonchique.tumblr.com/post/108981965752/pixiebutterandjelly-ayellowbirds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Her tits are exposed, that's kinda NSFW.

My Savages are the ones who hide the secrets of being Kineticists and Oracles from everyone else!

If its NSFW then may the mods strike me down where i stand.

Savage.

As an alternative to savage.

Creepy characters. Got any?

how about a creepy savage?

That also works.

I'm hoping my GM lets me play an Ungermaw so I can chomp the shit out of people as a Seascarred Skinwalker. That's pretty savage, right?

That's pretty savage m9.

So who's excited for the weekend boys!?

there is still friday user

I pretty am.

I think RotJR is starting this weekend? Or is it next?

Next weekend, still plenty of time

Next weekend.

Next.

The next weekend

I think it might be starting next weekend, but I'm not sure.

It's starting February 3rd, which is a Friday, not this Friday, which is tomorrow, January 27th, but next Friday, February 3rd, which is next weekend, and not this weekend, tomorrow.

I'm so excited! This is my excited face!

Which party do you want to hear the adventures of the most? Who! Who!

it's already over, user, they finished the GM's secret Bonus boss, which sucked both parties into the same world for a climactic final battle. One guy died so hard he couldn't be resurrected.

>One guy died so hard he couldn't be resurrected.

Poor Rubio...

>sucked both parties into the same world for a climactic final battle
I need this.

As someone who's been in a similar situation in the past, crossover episodes are a lot less fun than you might think:

1) way too many pcs
2) people end up whining that one group or t'other has gotten more plot/more loot/more waifus
3) so much showboating, all the fucking time
4) everything takes three times longer

Is it possible to get two Cavalier Orders?

SUCC

Why is making a setting so much work? I'm tempted to alter my campaign just so I can use a preexisting setting.

Because you don't get paid to write fanfiction

DELETE THIS

I'm actively dreading hearing about them.

None of them, because I'd rather just focus on the group I'm in.

But why? Over half of the applicants got either into the Roll20 sessions or PbP.

Yeah, all that fun I won't get to have.

I am

I'm introducing a Robot Summoner/Steel Soul the party is going to deal with.

>Robot Summoner/Steel Soul t
???
Link?

Friendly reminder that there exists an anthro-kitsune who is actually decent. He's also a pirate. Make of that what you will.

You can live vicariously through us, like I do all the time when you guys post fantastical trips across Golarion!

Reynard pls go.

But I want to make my own stories and besides
Not really a huge fan of any of the characters that got in

It's a class made by Legendary Games. Think chained summoner with 3/4 bab and a Construct companion. With some other construct based themes and abilities.

makeyourgamelegendary.com/products-page/all-products/the-robot-summoner/

No trove?

Nope
At least not yet.

Okay.

Summoner already has 3/4 bab. All 6th level casters do.

People were talking about crossbow builds. So here is the new Unchained Fighter archetype, the Crossbow Master.

It does several things I think are neat:
>gets a bunch of AoOs
>as a standard action it can specify an area or number creatures to threaten for the next round (to provoke those AoOs)
>improved vital striking abilities with crossbow
>can sacrifice a move action for a second immediate action
>when someone attacks/cast a spell on an ally the crossbow master can immediate action fire at them

Come take a look:
docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

Missed that. Thought it had 1/2.

It probably should, but Paizo are real slaves to their arbitrary conventions.

>Summoner is a 6th caster

I'm user and this is my FAVORITE meme in Pathfinder

Summoner is a 6th level caster.

Being a 6th level caster says nothing about its tier, it says its a 6th level caster.

Just because they get spell discounts doesn't mean they aren't 6-casters, user.

Speaking of which: what's the best Vigilante 6-caster Archetype? Warlock, Cabalist, Meguca, Zealot, or something 3pp? I want to be a roguish caster and have played enough Bards and Vivisectionist Alchemists for a lifetime.

I didn't die.
I entered the legend.

Is there such a thing as masterwork clothing? Because if so, I need to know how much masterwork breast pads would cost.

True, but makes for a lot of fun stories, greentext or otherwise, for all of us here.

Personal opinion here, but I'd say either Jollylocke if you're going to try using mystic bolts (due to such a great spell list) or Talented Tactician that's coming out this friday due to arcanist style casting and the ability to poach wizard and other caster's spell list with talents.

>a 6th caster with so many spell discounts they might as well be a fullcaster
That's the joke

>Speaking of which: what's the best Vigilante 6-caster Archetype?
They're all pretty mediocre in 1pp-only environments. Warlock is GOAT with Jolly Content, and Zealot is a pretty cool guy too since you could get Wis-based Smite with it. Not really a fan of most of Jolly's caster archetypes, but that's mostly in comparison to the "fixed" Warlock.

Masterwork clothing costs 50 gp more than standard. Just like any other masterwork tool or mundane item that isn't a weapon or armor.

Cabalist probably edges out the Warlock if you're a Harbinger gestalt

I know

And yeah, in 1pp Chained Summoners, Alchemists, and Sacred Huntsmaster Inquisitors/Magician Bards/maybe one of the Psychic 6-casters rule the roost.

What's the rules for playing a dwarf. Not dwarf as in the species, but a human with dwarfism.

For sheer archetype versatility, you can bolt alchemical scoundrel onto just about anything as long as it doesn't trade discoveries.

Maybe Monster Tactician Inquisitor is comparable, on account of having Wis-based summon bullshit, but none of those other 6th casters are remotely as ridiculous as Summoner

Small size, 20 feet/round movement.
That's it.

>Get one of the bosses down to very low hp
>Boss is on his knees and almost dead
>I say 'right, kill him before he has a chance to do one final desperation attack'
>GM announces a cut scene
>I insist that I finish the guy off while he's in a monologue and clearly about to transform and initiate phase 2
>GM denies it for no in-story reason
>I ask why any of the characters would just stand around and let him power up
>GM insists to just go with it because it's cool.

What are your thoughts on this? Was I just whining for no good reason or was the GM being lazy?

And otherwise I'm a human?

Seems fair.

I'm planning on playing a noble born son with dwarfism and the Imperious bloodline. The only male heir the failure/embarrassment of his bloodline.

>tfw no way to be a minion mancer without being a huge cunt.

>And otherwise I'm a human?
In the wider sense of the word, yes.

Idunno man.

Occultist with the proper selection of summoning powers is pretty powerful.

Might seem a bit cheeky, but ask if you can bend the rules and take Imperious as a gnome.

MASTERWORKS ALL

I agree, just go with it.

S'cool.

Depends on how much you actually whined. Disrupting a session with complaining like that isn't really cool(especially if you're the only one who has a problem), unless it's about something egregious. At the same time, that does sound like bad GMing - cutscenes can be cool, but for a transformation sequence like that there should at the very least be an excuse for why the PCs are just standing around.

user, I think you missed some of your post

Why are you buying masterwork breast pads? Why not just grow them out the alchemical way?

Happened to me. I told the GM "I full attack him with my guns".

He said no, so I told him "I shoot myself in the head".

If I don't have control of my action obviously I've been dominated and have become a liability.

So Alchemical scoundrels get extracts?

explain further

yes

I'd say Conscript is still too raw (we need to flesh out all spheres since it factors into the class too heavily), I'm asking now about scholar though.

Barrage is battle ready, so is lancer, equipment is ready but it's also always being expanded upon.

this from HEaler's Handbook or something?

It wouldn't be any stretch of the imagination to assume there are certain tinctures that when applied to the specified region, promotes growth. There are potions that grant super strength and potions that can wreath your sword in energy, why can't their be a potion that enlarges your goods?

Is this Golarion? Because even if all this doesn't work, you can still go to Pitax or Numeria to get implants.

can we not?

Don't summon a bunch of chaff, let the rest of the party use your minions, have your minions' abilities and most used attacks written down and know them like the back of your hand, have everything ready to go on their turn.

The alchemical scoundrel gets the extract progression of an alchemist of their level for the normal talent loss of a casting vigilante archetype.

>Lancer is battle ready
Yes please
Also, what classes Are ready for show? I'm interested in Champion and Technician

So one of the good things I have realized when building Welcome To The Jungle is that all of my character's apes are small enough to avoid much attention.

Two are tiny, one is small.

Now here is the best part. I did some quick calculations. All four of us could easily fit in a barrel.

The guy asked a genuine question, I'm giving him a genuine response. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is no official potion that enlarges your breasts, but then again there are no official potions that increase fertility, which an herbalist would absolutely have (fertility/libido treatments are all the rage in both the ancient and modern world.)

There is a homebrew tincture that Crystal made which supposedly makes you more feminine (while enhancing your assets and easing period pain), Mulibrious Tincture I believe it was called? You should check it out.

Just talked to the crew, Scholar should be preview ready soon enough, at least in time for the next preview.

Champion is also battle ready, and thankfully we showed guardian ahead of time, as you need guardian to really take advantage of champion. Champion's also my babby because I wanted to make sure to have a fun 'knight' style class.

Technician's still raw, but it's one of the newer ideas, which makes sense that we're going to hold back on it.

Who's the first member of the shitpost crew?

I think about it this way.

The GM could have easily made the transformation instant and unstoppable, happening in a flash.

But they chose to instead have what is effectively the same happen, except with a bonus cutscene to add to the tension, as a sign they trusted the players to go along with it.

Of course, there's a lot of context dependent stuff, but on the whole it's no big deal to just let them have their thing.

>no actual potion/oil
And that's why. It's all snake oil I tell ya

I'll buy something I can actually rules justify.

There are literally zero items in the system that explicitly enhance your chest.

This is the reason why my hobby is considered creepy as fuck to normal people.

This is the closest you'll get to an official item: amazonchique.tumblr.com/post/108981965752/pixiebutterandjelly-ayellowbirds

And by official I mean "it's made by a Paizo developer on her blog and has actual numbers attached to it."

Grow up.

I'm pretty sure any reasonable DM will agree that breast pads can be considered part of a clothing ensemble

It's not like I'm trying to get diplomacy bonuses from it

Though I suppose there'd have to be circumstantial disguise bonuses to "convincing others her chest is actually that large"

The breast pads would be part of the disguise check and not impart any additional bonus.

How about Fencing and Dueling? Those are the spheres I'm looking forward to the most, personally.