How is it?
Better than Blood Bowl?

Depends.
Nuffle is a harsh mistress.

Soccer?
How is it?
Better than american football?

>How is it?

Pretty bad ass. Easily the best miniatures skirmish game I have played in terms of hitting the sweet spot of complexity and ease of play. It is easy enough to get into pretty quickly, but deep enough where you need to spend time figuring out the ins-and-outs of each character to really know how to get the most out of them and counter a good player's strategy with them. The downside is the dice will occasionally fuck you up, it isn't as bad as other game types in terms of the dice fucking you up, but rolling 1 or 2 dice and looking for a 5 to get a game winning kick knowing the next activation you will lose when one of your players is guaranteed to get planted is pretty nerve wracking. You might feel cheated if you had to do a bunch of shit to line up that shot, but at the same time, fuck-ups happen in sporting events and luck mitigation is a small part of every dice based game.

>Better than Blood Bowl?

Two entirely different beasts. One is soccer the other is football/rugby. One uses inches based movement, the other uses grid. One is player by player activation, the other is team by team activation. One is set-up to be good for single skirmish games and tournament playing, the other really only truly shines when going through a season. One is influence by luck slightly, the other is absolutely dominated by luck and is far more of a push your luck game with some tactics instead of a mainly tactics based game with some luck elements.

I have played Blood Bowl a bunch and I have to say, it is a pretty dated game from a mechanics standpoint. Guild Ball blows it out of the water entirely in every single aspect minus the season play thing which was a pretty big point of Blood Bowl to be honest. Although the Big League box addresses this issue somewhat.

I much prefer Guild Ball as a better game objectively, but they are drastically different.

>Is soccer better than American football?

Professionally? No. Let's watch a bunch of faggots grab a random limb that got breathed on by the opposing team and act like they have been murdered for hours at a time.

The fact is nobody plays guild ball except in france.
So at least you can actually play with bloodbowl.

You know that guild ball is based in England, right?

guildball is popular in America in the NE

>Let's watch a bunch of faggots grab a random limb that got breathed on by the opposing team and act like they have been murdered for hours at a time.

Are we talking about soccer or basketball?

>Better than Blood Bowl?
Much different.

the strongest meta in the world is probably in Chicago i think. at least they were and they have a podcast about gb

So are you guys going to keep allowing yourselves to be trolled or should I just start a new GB general where we can actually discus GB?

We play Guild Ball in Poland.

I want to like this game, a few of my good friends are into it, and the rules look really engaging. I just hate sportsball with every fiber of my being. How irrelevant can I make the sportsball elements of this game if I play Butchers?

I want full-on "ignore the idiotic leather sports-orb and murder-tackle those dumb fuckers who aren't doing that"

How possible is this?

Great if you're butchers

>How possible is this?
If you play casually? 100%. Competitively? 0%. Even the Butchers will plan and try to score one goal to close the game out rather than bruise cruise all the way to six takeouts, if you're playing optimally. But if you're just playing casually, then there's nothing stopping you.

it's blood bowl: warmachine edition

I think it sucks. Other people seem to like it.

Really? I might have to check this game out then. I mostly do Malifaux but getting a full team for this game seems pretty easy.

Super easy. Kick off is only $70 and comes with 2 full teams

Probably one of the best run downs I've seen in awhile. Someone screen cap this so we can just repost it everytime this question comes up.

I just had a game last night with my butchers where I did this. I haven't touched my butchers since season 3 (mostly because I've been having fun with my Mason's and alchemist). I played against my friends hunters and won 12-0 by turn 3. I ended up killing everyone but the mascot, and I killed the captain twice. I even left the ball hanging out in the middle of the field unattended for two turns.

Union might actually be better at ignoring the ball completely in S3 than butchers