Ynnead rises

The other two threads are hopelessly full of shitposting. Decided to start a new one.

Here is the new fluff from the upcoming Eldar book. Discuss.

>All Craftworld and Dark Eldar, except the most conservatives ones, have rallied Ynnead. By doing that, they are now closer to the ancient Eldar power and can use their spirit stones previous owner's souls to augment their strength. However, some Eldar consider them as corrupted or already dead. And they may be right, so the new Ynnead worshiping Eldar are as much a factor of division as cohesion. On top of that, Slaanesh and the other gods are reacting to their presence, and the threat they pose. The only sure thing is that the dead follow these "Exhumed". The yellow part is about Yvraine (and her followers, to a lesser extent) being able to talk to dead Eldar souls.

>The Aeldari and the Drukhari of all obediences, besides the most conservative, joined his cause. It is not an abstract philosophical current, for the new divinity exercises manifest powers - thus, the Exhumed can appeal to the souls of the spirits-stones that they carry to strengthen their own capacities, siphoning the power of the departed, To strike with strength, and to reduce their enemies to ashes by means of their strange weapons and their psychic powers. They have learned the secrets of the dead, and have thus become closer to their ancestors and their lost glory.

>However, some consider the Ynnari as corrupt by the demonic forces they pretend to subdue, and others consider them already dead. Perhaps they are right. If the Exhumeds seek to recast Eldar society in the name of Ynnead to restore the glory of the ancient Aeldari, their arrogant and coercive approach is worth as much hostility as adherence. Worse still, the danger they represent for the dark gods pushes the forces of Chaos - especially Slaanesh - to rise like an infernal tsunami to consume them. Conflict and destruction disturb the wake of the Ynnari or they go. The truth which dominates without contest is that, besides, the Exhumed are bearers of death, and profuse.

>Invested by the power of Ynnead, Yvraine is capable of attracting into her the souls of those who surround her, or they continue not as isotonic covenants but as voluntary allies. An outside observer believing that Yvraine bets alone, that she hears voices or that she changes her personality without transition. If one does not know one's creed, one can legitimately believe it to be mad, but the Ynnari know what it is. Their mistress has many lives in her. The Exhumed, who adamantly adore Ynnead, share an echo of his aptitude, and carry the spirit-spirits of the departed to purify their wisdom, experience, and knowledge. And the need never felt so much now that the extinction of the eldars and its shadow on the galaxy.

So long as Vect and Lelith are both still alive, I'm happy. I just want to indulge my love of cartoonish villainy with Commoragh's #1 power couple.

>tfw you've fluffed your army as an alliance between the Eldar and Dark Eldar for years
>tfw majority of the Eldar side is a vengeful army of wraith constructs that just want to see their enemies dead above all else
Time to kill the shit out of Slaanesh and anyone who dares to show opposition with an army of Eldar necromancers

>Mfw the writers forget the Phoenix Lords have been fluffed as central figures to the end times since 2ed and it ends up just being about Ynnead
>Mfw Aspect Warriors get no time to shine despite it being about Biel-Tan, just like Cadians did nothing in Fall of Cadia
>Mfw renamed to Ayyyyyldari and Drew Carey
>Mfw all the ideas for narrative campaigns about what Biel-Tan might do during the 13th BC invalidated in favour of advancing the setting timeline for no real story telling benefit
>Mfw when I have no face, only my war-mask

Asurmen deliver me from this faggotry.

Sounds cool.

>When fanart is cooler than the official product

wasted fucking opportunity for some plastic aspect warrior kits and remodeled phoenix lords, that's for sure.

All PLs die in the Rhana Dandra. It's a waste of plastic.

>Central figures to the event they're having
>Let's not take advantage of that

I always am impressed with the prowess of divination you faggots seem to possess. Just a few small snippets of fluff are enough to tell that everything is going to be terrible, everything you like will die and everything you did not care about or hated will prevail.

And then you get the actual info which is starkly different from the fucked prophecies you've conjured, but you simply disregard reality to keep living in your delusions that you're already too emotionally invested in.

Age of Emperor when

>You're not allowed to speculate!

No one is divining anything you hysterical woman. It's called lowering expectations. After the garbage that was Fall of Cadia are you really surprised people expect the worst?

>man fall of cadia sucked for cadians
>maybe fracture of biel-tan will be better for biel-tan!

Can anyone read this shit, is OP Chinese or something?

Its a french white dwarf article dropped into google translate.

Take WHFB for example. It had plenty of central figures.But a lot of them go no new models and they died forever.

The entire setting died forever. I think that might be more pertinent.

Nah, it was continued in AoS.

>Implying AoS is the same setting

It's the same setting. It's the sequel of WHFB set in the same universe with many of the same characters and factions alongside the new ones.

>literally a protoss dark archaon with tentacle legs.
ayylmao

>leans into mic
WRONG

>you can't say the sky is falling until it reaches the ground
and in the meanwhile we have a goddess trying to kill slaanesh and becoming corrupt in the process, who could have guessed about that?

>It's the same setting

Oh so the Old World continent didn't actually die and get replaced by a completely different setting? Good to know!

Same universe. Continuation of the story. Same setting.

It's been established that there were other worlds and dimensions in the WHFB universe in the old fluff. AoS covers that.

>AoS covers that.
that contradicts the fact that everything in the Age of Sigmar is set in the mortal realms created at the start of it, with the exception of the realm of chaos, there's not a single place that was present when the old world was alive.

What are the other threads? I want to see the shitposting.

The Mortal Realms were created from the Magical Winds that existed on the WHFB world. They span the multiverse now and touch many alien worlds and civilizations

user, I'm beginning to think you don't understand what the word setting means. The Old World was the setting of WHFB. It got unequivocally destroyed and replaced by a new setting in the form of the completely different Nine Realms.

Watch this
Also what this user said. Advancing the plot without making use of interesting shit; as of now the fracture of Biel-Tan sounds like a really shitty idea with even shittier execution. The new avatar of Ynnead also has to many magic effects and looks like a fucking c'tan shard.

C'tan shards are masculine, ripped, and perfect. They are minimalistic

The Ynnead shard is female, corrupted, and malformed. It's overdesigned.

I genuinely think half the anons on Veeky Forums could come up with something more interesting than what we got with FoC. Also, not crazy about all these models with swirly magic shit. They're overusing it.

>my favourite faction got squatted
>waaah, AoS is shit and not a sequel to FB

I swear, Bretfaggots are the worst. The TK people aren't nearly as whiny, and their favourite faction didn't look like shit or have the most boring lore ever.

It's not a sequel to FB
It's an alternate universe with timetravel and all those shenanigans.

>Necrons getting weird
>GW doing sheningans with thier games and pushing Adeptus Mechanicus
>notElfs and DE rallying together under old god
>Cadia is kill

its getting momentum
this talentless hacks gonna flip us off and give us a w40k AoS treatment do they

fuck

Nope, you are wrong.

i.e. a shitty demon-c'tan magic shit-sandwich, 100% agreed that its over designed.

I can understand they wanted to avoid the reaper theme, but it is really lacking in the identity department right now.
Swirly magic detracts from the model and causes unnecessary clutter, a little tzeentchian flames are ok; magic swirly storms are a big no-no-no. Knowing Veeky Forums someone will make a write up of these events detailing way more interesting shit, motivations and consequences.

I did like Trazyn and his pokéballs though, but I am a sucker for kleptomanic space pharaohs fucking people over for the heck of it.

>Mfw all the ideas for narrative campaigns about what Biel-Tan might do during the 13th BC invalidated in favour of advancing the setting timeline for no real story telling benefit

They could have even have used some of the things that actually happened in the 13th Black Crusade, but nooooo, can't have anything as cool as Biel Tan actively taking the fight to the Great Enemy, can we?

Nope, YOU are wrong.

Im fine with giving any other faction amazing fluff as long as my pleasure demons stay canon

Prove it.

That looks like utter dogshit.

>. Just a few small snippets of fluff are enough to tell that everything is going to be terrible, everything you like will die and everything you did not care about or hated will prevail.
>And then you get the actual info which is starkly different from the fucked prophecies you've conjured, but you simply disregard reality to keep living in your delusions that you're already too emotionally invested in.

So...

just like Eldar?

No u.

Age of Sigmar is a different setting than warhammer fantasy.
it takes place in a different plane of existence.
It doesn't have any relation to the old world except some common nomenclature.

It's like saying that modern neopagan LARPing is the same as PIE religion. It is ulimately derived from it but it has most of it's shit made up on the spot to feel special snowflakey.

no u

So, it's a different setting.

AoS is not set in the Old World.

You might as well be arguing that 40K and Fantasy are the same setting because they both have the same Chaos Gods.

Wrong. AoS takes place in the same universe of WHFB.

When the world exploded, the Winds of Magic fled into space and eventually became floating land masses in space.

A lot of how magic works, characters, and concepts from the World that Was are present in AoS. Heck, the Stormcast weapons and armor are created from the core of the Old World that survived the explosion.

No proof. You lose.

Nope, same setting but different micro-setting. AoS is the continuation of the Fantasy story taking place in the same universe.

Veeky Forums has been surprisingly accurate with its predictions so far. Fenris didn't get destroyed, Magnus jobbed hard to the wolves because of that Khorne axe, Cadia died in an asspully way involving the pylons, Abaddon looked like a pathetic shitter once again, etc.

The Ynnead thing is probably the sole part of this wave of plot advancement that Veeky Forums didn't see coming.

>it takes place in the same universe
doesn't make it the same setting.
The tone is different. The aesthetics are different. The scale is different.

The old world was the setting and nearly everything about it is not applicable in Sigmarine land.

>Cadia died in an asspully way involving the pylons

You a cunt who deserves to get his eyes put out. The Pylons has nothing to do with Cadia's downfall. Now present your eyes so I can destroy them.

>Abaddon looked like a pathetic shitter once again

Actually, he came out real good.

Again, the entirety of WHFB's setting was the Old World.

If you destroy that setting, then reveal OH WAIT THERE WAS ACTUALLY A GIANT MULTIVERSE CREATED AFTER THAT BY MAGIC WINDS, you have made a new setting. Being in the same continuity does not actually matter to the definition of the word 'setting'. The first setting is gone, the new setting is now introduced, and is nothing like the first one. It's a new setting.

No either proof, YOU lose to.

>The Pylons has nothing to do with Cadia's downfall.

Yeah they did dumbass.

>Actually, he came out real good.

Failed to kill a powerless mortal woman and a slightly overweight man.

>The old world was the setting and nearly everything about it is not applicable in Sigmarine land.

Actually, it can. All the armies of WHFB and their concepts are present in AoS.

>doesn't make it the same setting.

Different Micro-setting. Same Macro-setting. The universe did not end with the death of the old world. In the same way the Old World didn't end when Be'lakor destroyed Mordheim for the final time.

You should really learn what the word setting means.

We're right and you are wrong simply because you are using the word wrong. Continuity =/= setting.

The last 15 posts

AoS intro.

Get rekt.

>Yeah they did dumbass.

That's a lie and it shows that you didn't read the book. Abaddon crashed the moon sized remnants of the Black Stone Fortress on Cadia, destroying it. The pylons had nothing to do with Cadia expolding.

>Failed to kill a powerless mortal woman and a slightly overweight man.

Abaddon was psychically attacked Greyfax which crippled and blinded. This saved Celestine from dying.

Celestine lost her divine power but she was the greatest sister to ever live and Creed attacked Abaddon with the whole 8th Cadian regiment.

Abaddon faced them all while being depowered and half blinded. He tanked all their blows and was going to finis them off before he ran out of time.

Okay, someone failed their stupidity check there, so let's break out the dictionary.

Setting
>the time and place of the action of a literary, dramatic, or cinematic work (Merriam-Webster)
>the time and the place in which the action of a book, film, play, etc. happens (Cambridge)
>The place or type of surroundings where something is positioned or where an event takes place (Oxford)

According to Wikipedia
>In works of narrative (especially fictional), the setting includes both the time and geographic location in which the story takes place. A literary element, the setting helps initiate the main backdrop and mood for a story. Setting has been referred to as story world or milieu to include a context (especially society) beyond the immediate surroundings of the story. Elements of setting may include culture, historical period, geography, and hour.

So no, the Old Worlds with its plains and valleys isn't the same setting as the Multiverse with its planes and webways.

>Same setting

You really don't grasp that word, huh? You can keep asserting this all you like. It literally isn't the case as The Old World is gone.

A universe is a place. You lose.

The Mortal Realms are the floating landmasses in the same universe as WHFB was.

Actually, the core of the Old World is present in AoS.

But lets ignore of this and return to the main point on contention. Do you or do you not agree that AoS is the sequel/continuation of WHFB?

>That's a lie and it shows that you didn't read the book. Abaddon crashed the moon sized remnants of the Black Stone Fortress on Cadia, destroying it. The pylons had nothing to do with Cadia expolding.

The pylons fucked over the Imperium's defenses as well as Abaddon's forces. It was solely due to them that things went that far.

>Abaddon faced them all while being depowered and half blinded. He tanked all their blows and was going to finis them off before he ran out of time.

I'm sorry, but it really kills tension when you have the big bad guy fight all these characters... and he doesn't manage to off a single one of them. He retreated like a bitch and was forced to fall back on plan B.

>takes place in the future
>the world that was is destroyedd thus changing it's geography.
>"OY VEY ITS THE SAME SETTING FANTASY GOY IT HAS THE OLD WORLD IN SIGMARINE WEAPONS AND EVERYTHING"

Okay, you're either simple or trolling. Under your definition (i.e. period doesn't matter, only place), Ben-Hur and World War Z have the same setting, since they both happen on Earth.

>A universe is a place. You lose.

Just like Cheers has the same setting as Frazier because they both take place within the same universe! Oh wait, that's not what the word 'setting' means!

>They span the multiverse now and touch many alien worlds and civilizations
nope, they are their own multiverse, there's no mention of the winds of the old world touching worlds that existed before the end times
the winds existed in the old world because of chaos, which I already addressed previously

Its not a continuation
It's canonized later revisions.

Case in point from hindu mythology.

>Indra was one of the prime vedic gods during the early parts of the vedic age.
>by the time the gupta empire had died Indra's place in the pantheon was largely usurped by other gods and he largely became the butt of jokes even though all his trapping were the same.

Vedic Indra =/= Pre islamic Hindu Indra.

Hell, under his definition Friends and Star Wars are the same setting, as Star Wars is in a galaxy far, far away, but hey, it's still in the universe amirite!?

>you now realize that Starcraft 1 falls in the Warhammer 40k setting but Starcraft 2 does not because it deals with more than 1 galaxy.

>Doctor Eisenhorn, I'm C'tan

So Seinfeld and Friends are in the same setting right?

>Now that I've been laughed at for my indefensible point, let's change the point!

>The pylons fucked over the Imperium's defenses as well as Abaddon's forces. It was solely due to them that things went that far.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Not only is this goalshifting. This is utterly wrong.

Get this straight, the Pylons had ZERO involvement in Cadia being destroyed.

> and he doesn't manage to off a single one of them

Asspulls and plotarmor. Whatcha gonna do? In the same sense you can blame the Imperials for failing to kill a single NORMAL marine whose mind was being ravaged by a powerful psyker and who was half blinded.

And he already won before he landed. The whole landing thing was just an act of pride. You want him to stay alone versus a while regiment of Cadians to finish off people who by all rights are already did? You are not smart are you?

I was kinda hoping that the Ynnead would be some dark, Shiva/Kali ish super badass with six arms and void black skin... but Reverse Slaanesh is fine too.

Actually, you utterly failed and tried to derail the whole thing into something else. I am returning it to where it started.

WHFB story continues into AoS.

Stop with the bullshit.

Same canonical universe. As in the Warhammer universe. This us failure of staggering level.

They did the same thing with the Necrons and the C'tan when they rewrote their fluff.

Loads of supposedly super important (or at the very least interesting) plot threads just got thrown in the bin so they could make an army that people had joked about being Tomb Kings in space literally Tomb Kings in space.

Fantasyfags get out. Stop invading 40K threads with your autism.

You mean rework them as something better?

>Oh fuck oh fuck
>I completely failed to understand what a setting is and look like a complete mong
>I better keep repeating that it's the same universe and pretend that's means the same thing

Speaking about Slaanesh....

Fulgrim is using the body of a powerful Grey Knight as a vessel for the Avatar of Slaanesh.

Who is hyped for the Avatar of Ynnead facing off against the Avatar of Slaanesh.

I actually I perfectly understand and kept saying universe since the start.

Now go be wrong somewhere else and let us discuss Eldar. Seriously, WHFBfags are cancerous.

So you would say a Wild West game, a game set in Ancient Greece, and a game about colonizing the solar system all have the same setting?

They actually have more in common that Fantasy and AoS do, at least they share the same planet

>kept saying universe since the start.

Problem is no one was ever talking about it being the same universe. It was never about shared universe. It was about settings since the start, but you've more than demonstrated you are too much of a dense cunt to comprehend the difference and kept trying to use the term interchangeably.

Not unless they are connected by the same story.

For example, the AoS/WHFB setting timeline goes like this The Age of the World that Was, Age of Myth, Age of Chaos, and Age of Sigmar.

>They actually have more in common that Fantasy and AoS do

Objectively wrong.

Can you stop now with your derailing?

Judging by he will say whatever it takes to avoid admitting he's ever been wrong. The best thing to do is ignore that fucktard completely and go back to the topic at hand, which was the incoming failure of Games Workshop's next book and them saying whatever it takes to avoid admitting they've ever been wrong.

don't worry about Slaanesh. This is GW's way of permenatly writing slaanesh out. They have been wanting to get rid of Slaanesh for 10 years now.
Slaanesh doesn't fit with their 5-10 year old "we steal mommy and daddy's credit card" demographic.

As well they want to merge the Eldar so they can begin cleaning house on them and remove all the units they power gamed out of existence. Then eventually Eldar will be removed entirely and become an Imperium sub faction.

Gathering storm is a corporate house cleaning with a good PR campaign. NOTHING MORE

Abbadon tanking enemy defenders was just a ploy to buy some time for the alpha legion infiltrators to mix in with the withdrawing forces of Imperium. You can read more about this in the Gathering storm III.

>The tone is different. The aesthetics are different. The scale is different.
So BFG isn't in the same setting as Wh40k?

haha epik!

>takes place in the same setting, inside the settings timeframe and geography.

Like I said derailment to another subject. When I said setting continued I meant the universe progressed. Models who survived got ported and models who died for real were discontinued or renamed.

The PLs won't bet getting any plastic models because it would be a waste since they are all going to die in the Rhanda Dandra. Making any investment in them pointless. Unless they going to make them generic characters in whatever comes after.

What's what I was originally driving at.

>hur hur, 40K is 28mm and BFG is 1:bajillion, not the same scale!

Like Aos and Whfb.Checkmate.

hey, I just use your guys words

>same time
>thousands of years later
>same geography
>core of the old world is literally used to make OC donut steel weapons.

AoS wasn't removed in AoS, he won't be removed in 40K.

But you know what's gonna get removed? Cadians. Sell your models to me.

Slaanesh wasn't removed*

>The original post was derailment
>When I said one thing I meant a completely different thing

Back pedal harder you sad, sad little man.

>The PLs won't bet getting any plastic models because it would be a waste since they are all going to die in the Rhanda Dandra.

Just like dead Primarchs never got any models because they died in the Heresy.