For years Veeky Forums complained about the Warhammer 40k setting not going forward

>For years Veeky Forums complained about the Warhammer 40k setting not going forward
>as evidence with shit in 1d4chan
>Now they deicde to do some shit in the lore
>OH SHIT NOT LIKE THIS

Pottery

You seriously mean it's like "trade based on creation of items from clay" not "act of poem composition" or you are so inept in English? Or is it a meme?

And, while I always opposed forwarding the setting, like you have been told:

It's not going forward now, but downhill.

>Veeky Forums is one person

End yourself.

>Being this new
High my newfriend, enjoy your stay!

See yourself out newfag

Do you mind justifying the "going downhill" statement in a non-emotional way?

>US votes for Trump and then trashes their cities because he won

It's almost like different strokes for different folks.

I never asked for the setting to move on, just operate on different eras than 2 minutes to midnight. They crammed everything to the very end so is it any wonder it has become crowded? Introduce events, campaigns, etc. further back.

>certain people want a plot advancement
>by the time said advancement happens almost every intelligent person in the company has quit and been replaced by drooling retards who barely grasp their own fucking setting
Reminder that these are the chucklefucks who ruined the Horus Heresy. At least I think they have, I quit about 10 books in honestly.

>For years Veeky Forums complained about the Warhammer 40k setting not going forward
Only our resident autists did that. There were always more people calling them retarded for wanting that.

I did. Until I saw Warhammer Fantasy's setting "go forward".

Matt Ward, Phil Kelly, and Robin Crud have been writing fluff for nearly a decade. They didn't go anywhere.

Chambers held it together

God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about the backstory of a game of plastic soldiers?

No different from adults getting mad their favourite team is coached into the ground and couldn't win the cup.

So.
Who hype for elf waifus?

Pointing out something equally pathetic doesn't magically make it less pathetic.

>God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about the size of this guy's wheels ?
>God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about the EA next DLC?
>God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about the that girl fucking a black dude ?
>God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about the result of the elections ?
>God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about people enjoying D&D 5e ?

Stop liking w-what i don't like!

no, it really is. it's not as if the games history was particularly good from the start. it's just pathetic that supposedly rational adults get into such a panic and throthing rage over currently unknown changes.

Still less pathetic than not having a hobby or a life and complaining that people have hobbies on a hobby imageboard

Well I guess you aren't pathetic despite wasting your life on a burmese oragami forum

Yeah, it's really pathetic when people are passionate about their hobbies.

I play the game, user. I just can't get my jimmies rustled about the back story they make up for it, what with it being pure fiction and all.

Found the sports fag.

I don't have a problem with sports but if you think about it its pretty lame too

there's passion and then there's sheer stupidity. has anyone been to dakka recently? the sheer amount of panic over this is actually embarassingly hard to read.

It was before AoS

link me

that doesn't really change anything, dakka is always embarassing

just go to the top of the news and rumours page. you'll see.
point. doesn't make it any less cringeworthy though.

I like that the lore is moving forward. I don't care whether or not it ends up being what I specifically wanted beforehand because what I actually care about is ending the stagnation.

/thread

I look through a few pages. This guy is passionate about not being tricked again. Bit whiny but whatever.

Don't /thread yourself you uninvested faggot

I didn't; and even if I did, there's a difference between advancing the plot and shitting the bed.

Yes, those are all pathetic things. You're right.

>tfw your so pathetic that you spend your time unironically pointing out other people patheticness on an imageboard

yes it is sheev.

>have stale setting
>decide to bring change by completely demolishing everything
>fans get pissed
Really gets your neurons firing

Well, we all know nothing bad came out of advancing the plot of WHFB, right. No armies were squatted, the entire rules weren't revamped, the game wasn't shit for a long time, etc.

you're right, nothing bad did come out of it. we got a fresh new game, all the armies (including tomb kings and brettonians) got updated rules. all the armies got upgraded at the same time so that some semblance of balance happened and most importantly we got fresh new blood into the game while losing all the salty grognards who had turned it into their private little club.

>>For years Veeky Forums complained about the Warhammer 40k setting not going forward
1. Veeky Forums is one person meme
2. it was not common enough from what i've seen
3. even if they were i assume that's before Age of Sigmar
>>as evidence with shit in 1d4chan
1d4chan is nice for keeping some things alive but that thing should never be trusted to be evidence of anything.
>>Now they deicde to do some shit in the lore
have you seen recent lore.
>annoyed there is are a collection of people cynical about current story moves on 4chins

>/thread your own post
that is tacky, you should feel great shame

Not bait, just an opinion. And frankly, losing all the old assholes is probably the most refreshing thing ever to happen to the game.

I'm with if you guys aren't bait then you are leddit tier circlejerk.
with odd hate for the faggots that lost a game they enjoyed so you could gain yours

Chambers was a faggot cheeselord that wrote the insane faggotry that was the spacewolves codex in 4th or 5th edition i forget which, it was super cheese bullshit. He went on to work for the cancer that is blizzard and works now doing balancing and unit creation for star craft which is oh so well known for its awesome balance. Guy is a penis muncher.

Genuine homo here, don't lump us in with that fag

this is a lore thread
40k rules have been different variations of shit in every edition

late 5th, before that spess yiffs were not updated since 3ed
also I'm pretty sure you're wrong, he did the 3rd edition one that had them with true grit
I think 4e nids was his last codex.
>andy works for blizzard
what? he's working for hawk right now, made DFC
>Chambers was a faggot cheeselord
he also did chapter approved, BFG and DFC
that fella is a good fucking fella regardless

Which faction do you play? I bet it's Space Wolves.

looked it up, it was kelly that did 5e cheese yiffs with the fucking cyclones in every squad bullshit

can i help it if you assholes are such paranoid faggots? Besides, you never lost a game. You've still got your models and rule books. What difference does it make when the setting you seem to love so much was never changing anyway. Just play with the stuff you've got.

uh huh, excellent retort there. And your point was?

>Besides, you never lost a game.
>you
user you immediately assume someone detracting from your statements is your tribal enemy.
I play mostly FoW, there wasn't really ever an AoS or WHFB community at my store.
>You've still got your models and rule books.
would you say epic is a living miniature's game
or BFG?
I wouldn't and i have a big guard force in it and i can tell you, they've lost it. there will be a community but you have to know people around to play it.
or rather because you'd be playing with them and only them, you'd have to like them enough to get invited to their or invite them to your home to play.
>What difference does it make when the setting you seem to love so much was never changing anyway
imagine, right now AOS was discontinued as a rule system and WHFB returned, you couldn't play it at battle bunkers and you had to square your round bases.
imagine imagine the butthurt in your community, since you admit you prefer AoS to WHFB would you like the rule set turned into something you don't like.
Do you have a group of friends who play it religiously with to play the same games with the same armies against until you either give up or leave.
Just a thought

also
the setting never changing is not an argument.
an unsupported game's community is subject to atrophy

The main complaint is the poor story writing. Also the obvious hand of lets sell models behind decisions as well as the fear of AOS crappening infesting the game.

GW's favorite character is Mary Sue. They like to retcon shit or just forget about how their own lore is supposed to work. Everything has to be over the top EXTRA BIG ASSES FRIES epic. There is no push or pull to warfare and nothing to keep players invested in the setting. No one important seems to die dispite their conflicts being written in a way that only the characters matter. Yes a Tau Commander died, but he only did because no one gave a shit about him and the rest of that campaign was straight up Mary Sue land. Creed should have died on Cadia.

There is the worry of squatting factions which GW just loves now. Most would not complain that Cadia was destroyed if the writing was top notch. But, hey instead here is a bunch of crap we threw together and oh bye bye faction identity.

/thread

Agreed, the ending seemed like a rather cheap way to keep Creed alive when it should've ended like that bullshit good story where he sacrifices himself to trap Abaddon.

Oh yeah, and Cadia, the unbreakable fortress world, fuckin epitomy of the Imperial Guard, just gone. Fuckin reeeeee.

At least Sisters got some air time (that's the best we can hope for these days).

Starcraft is the most balanced RTS in the market.

Fuck off supcom fag.

What do people mean by "the lore is going forward?" I don't play 40k, I have no idea what the lore has been doing all this time if people are still buying these plastic soldiers. Was it just sitting there, existing, as mere backstory until now?

Yes.

For thirty or forty years, yeah. There were additions since it's a big galaxy, but the timescale didn't really advance.

>WERE PEOPLE PLAYING BROOD WAR FOR DECADES WITHOUT ANY FURTHER CAMPAIGN STORYLINE?!??!?!
>then Starcraft 2 happens

People played broodwar for big game hunter and Aeon of Strife maps.

he was asking a question you pedantic cunt

I mean, hey DotA has just that one man and people keep playing it forever.
Counter Strike had what? Like five?

There's a difference between "advancing the story" and "blowing shit up". Had Cadia been simply captured by chaos, the story would have advanced with the possibility of further advancement. Chaos could use cadia as a staging point, or the Imperium could try to retake it. "Lel it exploded" doesn't advance the story besides removing a popular element from the lore.

Like Potter-ish

Not him, but there are levels of pathetic. Getting mad at your hobby is a higher one

I hope you know where that image is from

>criticizes others for misusing words when user is really the one who doesn't understand
P O T T E R Y

>completely demolishing everything
Fine hyperbole my friend. I take it you were looking for another nice tidy ingnorable campaign event?

And nobody (or at least nobody outside of third world countries) played DotA until Valve decided to give the middle finger to their beloved IPs and made DotA 2.

>Implying change is always good
>Forgetting the last time GW changed thing on a status quo that existed for a long time End Times happened which led to AoS

I'm just not optimistic about what GW will do, if it ends good then fine if not then i'm not happy

I think you misread buddy.
Veeky Forums was scared that their advancing will mess up.
So let me clear up your phrase.
Veeky Forums want GOOD storyline advancement.
And considering Age of Sigmar, people are a little scared.
So calm down, let GW finish the advancement, and then judge Veeky Forums for being hypocritical or not.
If it turns out well, Veeky Forums will love it and be happy.

>implying who complained about the stagnation wasn't either a newfag or a flamemonger

>sc2 is most balanced game.
>hating supcom.
i thought you blizzard representatives stayed on /v/

I would've been happy with them not destroying the home of the most iconic IG regiment, AND the warp-fuckery repellants, but I guess this is why we can't have nice things.

>DAE Supcom is da bestest RTS game ever with two autists and their cat playing it.

/v/ likes shitposting that starcraft is a dead game so much that they have unironically begun to believe it. Your average SC2 tournament (the online variety, not the offline finals.) have broodwar levels of viewers on twitch

Supcom isn't as good as you make it out to be.

>Your average SC2 tournament (the online variety, not the offline finals.) have broodwar levels of viewers on twitch
seriously? would have expected more coverage
then given it's a blizzard game and a part of their flagship franchises. how that does compare to the bigger etrashsports like dotrash or CS:GO
>Supcom isn't as good as you make it out to be.
I never made it out to be good, no one here has.
I'm just indicated that you hold unnecessary hatred of it. The game is quite solid and hits my checklist
actually it is, no alwaysonline drm, a remix of Total annihilation. it's a damn solid game
Personally I prefer RA and i play open RA often since fucking C&C was what got me into games all together

Let the 40k end times happen.

Speaking of sc2 and since this is a 40k thread. Did anyone else find it funny that Kerrigan became an Avatar

>>For years Veeky Forums complained about the Warhammer 40k setting not going forward
Fuck off retard.

>blow up Cadia
>deny Lost and the Damned from using the various manufacturing facilities to steal the Cadia pattern and give the Guard a serious identity crisis.

GeeDubs why.
It's the perfect way to put out both another army expansion.
This is the only thing that genuinely bothers me. Kit-bashing whole Infantry selections is awful.

I feel that if we pierced this veil of anonymity we could be friends and comiserate together about renegade conversions.

But failing that I guess planet explosions make better splash page art tough shit kiddo.

Goddamn drawfags are cancer.

Shut your whore mouth.

Encouraging cancer makes you cancer. Fucking newfags.

the only cancerious art is meme art and bad art

No because Kerrigan was already the Swarmlord/Zerg equivalent of an avatar anyways.

I seriously doubt he even cares

But it always feels good to read that caption with Wichura's voice and mannerisms

>>God, why is it so funny yet so pathetic that so many adults get obsessed about the size of this guy's wheels ?
>16" is proven faster on the track due to unsprung mass and faster rotation
>18" looks baller but also costs a shit ton of money
>17" is a shitty OEM compromise

You have no idea how long I've been agonizing over this.

Le ebig cultist chan xd le qt krieg tan le we captoored eet fhoor kayoss ebig!!!!1 i love the teegee drawing mayms!!

So what did they actually change?

Does it bring back the harlequins or no?

Who the fuck calls people newfags anymore? That's so 2008.

dude even Broodwar is getting bigger than SC2 right now

whoops meant to reply to

Holy fuck, how will AoS shills ever recover?

Are people really this flustered that Cadia got destroyed

This

What in the FUCK are you talking about, faggot? Chambers was the best writer 40k ever had and he was gone before even 4th edition let alone fucking 5th. He's a story consultant for blizzard and doesn't have shit to do with the balance team (and despite all of its flaws compared to the original, SC2 is still the most successful and by far the most balanced game in the genre so I'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about there either).