Character idea thread! got any new characters you're excited to talk about...

Character idea thread! got any new characters you're excited to talk about? need inspiration or help thinking of a character? need help with art, theres a seperate thread for that faggot but i guess we can help you with that too.

I kind of want to play a kobold priest of bahamut. He'd worship the plat dragon after being raised in a chromatic dragon's lair and after being treated like shit and watching his "deity" get killed by adventurers he renounces his old ways and sets out to towards the city. He was treated like a monster since he is one and spent most of his time on the street scouring for food until he was taken in by a local priest who took pity on him. He began to study religion and civilized society and eventually set out on a quest to try and liberate other kobolds from their enslaved lives underneath their dragon masters. His end goal is to eventually find a way to become a fully fledged dragon so that he can lead his people to creating their own successful society rather than cowering beneath greater beings. What do you think?

I've been watching too much /m/ lately, and I really need my giant robot itch scratched. I'm starting to consider pitching for our upcoming Mutants and Masterminds campaign an eccentric but somewhat benevolent construction magnante who secretely protects his hometwown with a large mech suit by night, then covering the maintenance costs by rebuilding the city from the subsequent massive amounts of collateral damage by day. It's a bit of a long shot, but maybe with a little tweaking of the game's power levels it might be feasible.

My next campaign im going to play a female aryan warlock. she's gonna take a pact with the fey god who has tricked her into thinking that shes worshipping a sun god who does not exist. i cant wait to see people when she snaps peoples necks with dark tentacles and then immediately kneels down to pray for thanks for the daylight. She's gonna be an orphan who was cursed with insanity by another warlock whilst she was sleeping on the street. would appreciate any help with fleching out her background

>A midget size human.
No I'm not a bloody dwarf or a blubbering hafling! You half-baked twat!

I keep meaning to revisit pic related's concept, with it being a literal city that never sleeps, suffering a curse

Biggest strongest race the setting has.

Well-intentioned and wants only to help.

Decided to become a priest, fucked it up by being an idiot. Decided to become a bard, was too clumsy to play any instruments right except drums.

Is now a drum bard.

I really want to play a battle-lawyer.

You know, probably a Cleric build focused on a LN god (but CN an option if he's a hotshot scumbag), who utilizes a bunch of detect spells and a combination of wards or a geas here and there to enforce the law.

And of course his order would carry actual legal weight in the setting so he could dazzle town guards and disputing farmers with some lightning-fast paper shuffling when differences need not come to violence.

I suppose he could wear a normal suit of sorts but I was thinking some full plate and a clip-on tie would be dashing in its own way. Maybe a briefcase that doubles as a shield and a telescoping stiletto for both presentations and executions.

I really want to play a bard/up and coming hood rapper who was thrown into the fantasy world and is trying to figure out where the plug is.

Im 100% serious. I'd have to freestyle to cast spells depending on the situation

Are you good at freestyling?

My normie non rpg playing friends have showed me this meme before and it makes me irrationally mad because bards are actually very good and have a versatile toolbox and would never just stand there playing like a goof

I'm decent enough to not rhyme nigga with trigga. I used to fuck around and do it with a group of dudes in college who were pretty good.

So, its something like that one image of the time traveling boombox?

I made a minotaur monk. I know the horns dont count as monk weapon btw. I just felt like it would be fun. thinking I might take some levels in artificer for that gun so I can be a real cowboy.

>would appreciate any help with fleching out her background
1. Try to explain how comes that she hasn't been raped.
2. Why the fuck would the warlock curse her?

Splash damage melee fighter
So this but with mines at the end.
I'd only kill one person, but I'd kill that one person REALLY well.
Also wanna try an rocket on a rope

>cursed with insanity
Dont do this. Make it a progression that happened, not just azapandabop insane. And probably don't want to use the phrase insane, use something different, it should sound like a character trait rather than just 'i am insane'. Eccentric or what have you.

well maybe i described it wrong i more meant that shes deluded, she will act normal but people will quickly realize theres something off when she starts worshipping a nonexistent god she claims to be good yet that gives her dark powers. she's more going to be ignorant of her own evil.

AnCap lich who slowly steals the life force of an area through industrialization.

>"Just" a bard
Whoever made this clearly has no idea what they're talking about. Bards are second only to Wizards and Sorcerers in power level.

Anyway, character ideas. I want to play a Gandalf as my next character. Eldritch knight with proficiency in Deception who convinces the party he's actually a very old and powerful wizard.

Rarely actually uses more than a level 1 spell slot, gets by on cantrips and dual weapon fighting with an old elvish longsword and his arcane focus staff.

Even better: Get a beat-up old breastplate and two maces. Play your armor, or foes, or both.

How do I effectively play a Jewish NE Cleric Golem? I'm considering dipping into Rogue and Warlock, but I'm not sure. Should I make him like a battle cleric instead cause of his constitution?

Two sword fighter who's out to avenge his sect which was destroyed while he was off completing a mission for his master. I plan to roleplay him like a Daoist from Wuxia and Xianxia novels. Also, because he's being hunted by the rival sect which annihilated his sect, he refers to himself as Daoist Silverbrand after the pair of swords he uses to make it harder for them to track him.

I'm excited to start playing.

>AnCap lich
>necromancy doesn't violate NAP as long as you own the carcass and it doesn't leave your property
>getting people to sign rights for their own remains after they die for a financial compensation received immediately (or in regular payments until they die) is the kind of a deal most would eagerly take
As long as there isn't many other necromancers to compete on the marked and drive prices high, you can be easily set for life.

relatively new player, so I stop me if my character is sending up some red flags as shit tier.

Wasn't long ago that we picked up an old fellow from a small town just off the king's highway. He was about to be hung when we arrived, but our paladin stopped the execution. He wanted to question the old criminal about his peculiar cloak buckle. you see, only members of our paladin's order are supposed to own them. Turns out the old codger was a former paladin himself. though he wasn't too loose in the lips when asked why he wasn't any longer. Just got a tired look on his face and got all quiet. Decided to follow us after that, got a pardon from our paladin and everything to accompany us as a "conscript." not like he had any place else to go, and a few of us had taken a bit of an interest in him.

Bringing him along worked out for us in the long run. For his age and frail appearance, he was actually still pretty nifty with a blade. Still knew a thing or two about magic and healing as well. but he didn't have much in the way of charisma. mostly kept to himself, always sat a little bit further away from the bonfire than everyone else. may have been because of his immense fear of fire though. Had a nasty burn on the side of his face, which was likely the reason he was so afraid. But his fear was nearly comical. when entering a cave, he'd set about lighting a torch, passing it to the nearest person, and then standing as far behind them as possible. "don't need the light." he'd kid. "I'm nearly blind anyway!" kind of a queer fellow, but not at all bad. better when you got a bit of wine in him, but he was always careful about his drink.

Well, he up and disappeared about a month ago. Not a word, just up and left in the night. Only left what we had given him to carry while he traveled with us. Hope he's alright, wherever he is. God willing, I'll see that old codger again some day.

I want to make a priest who only got in priesthood to fuel his nun fetish and because everyone trusts the priest right?

he would have high as fuck charisma and try to change people to his religion only so they can follow him and trust him

he would start out as any other normal priest, but as he gets more relaxed with the party, his asshole tendencies start showing