mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/starting-age-of-sigmar-basic-list-building.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like them.

>Gnawholes

Have you oiled your gryph-hound's bolt today, user?

literally space marine scouts

Guys, post your models right now
Still waiting for my first order _____ ;_; ____

Bought this the other day. Guess what it's gonna be

Something you fire at other peoples models when they've really annoyed you, the little red thing knocking their minis about.

Inappropriate Nurgle proxies for $300

REALISTIC VOMITING ACTION

They are an improvement on the other Stormcasts.

>another layer of pointlessly byzantine organisation has been added to your account

So I'm trying to make an 1000pt Death list using only the Deathrattle allegiance, but that doesn't have to buy and paint loads of basic skeletons.

LEADERS
-Wight King: Baleful Tomb Blade, Master of the Black Arts, Sword of Unholy Power - 120
BATTLELINE
-10 Black Knights - 240
-10 Black Knights - 240
OTHER
-10 Grave Guard - 160
-Summoning Pool - 240pts

Total: 1000/1000

Plan is that the Wight King instantly summons two Morghasts so I can field an actually hard-hitting unit but keep the allegiance. He then wanders up with the Grave Guard while the Black Knights charge forward and tarpit whatever they can for the Morghasts to eventually swoop in and tip the scales. The king has sword and board rather than the axe purely because I like the model. I'll mostly be playing against Seraphon, Daemons of Khorne and Bretonnia; could this work as a more elite Skelly army or is it retarded?

Still better than real empire models

I never said it was a bad thing

I quite like the vanguard

Got some Longbeards in the front of the Painting Queue, as well as a 1000pt Sylvaneth Army ready to be primed when the weather warms up a little.

I am thinking of rebasing the Dwarfs I have already to rounds. As much as I like squares, once the new Dwarfs come out they are just going to look odd on them, and I am thinking of rebasing them now while I only have a couple of units I need to change

How much could I get for my unpainted Keeper of secrets (the horsehead one)?

It's metal ofc

I thought Morghasts counted as deathrattle for battleline reasons? Shouldn't be any issues fielding them immediately.

Hellcannon

Correct!

Deathlords battleline, actually. BIG difference.

So do I, for additional details on their armour and the helmetless leader if nothing else.

Unless you're covering it entirely in quality greenstuff sculpting, I don't see many people agreeing to play with you.

obligatory elves when?

My dawri. Always nice to see another dwarf player.

never

scythes > swords

Dwarves are bad and steam duarden release is a fantasy. Enjoy your naked midgets.

go paint your blood elves, faggot

REAL Dawri wear armour. Also just clothes in general.

you make it too easy.

Then it's convenient that it's a fantasy game we're talking about, isn't it?

Wowposter™ is at it again!

Three horse heads.

how's your Totallynotbloodelves shitlist doing ?

You're so easy to trigger. Thanks wowposter!

I'm trying to convert longbeards into chaos dwarfs
It's kicking my ass

yo
yo

I've been out for a while but can someone explain wtf is going on in the GW website, where are the tomb kings? Why is everything divided into "grand alliances"? Why are lizardmen in the order alliance? Where are the black orcs? What the fuck are these "not-space marines"?

Low quality b8 m8, look at the damn filename.

coming to this thread to troll the sensitive special snowflake dwarf players is worth it every single time. Without fail I always get a laugh out of it.

As a new AoS player how do I cope with the terrible fluff?

It's not bait, I'm asking for real. I dunno wtf is going on with all these "stormcast" shit and the other questions I asked.

just create your own

this game is meant to be maximum "your dudes"

TK arent being produced any more. Nobody knows why and nobody knows if they are coming back or not, but the TK have been mentioned in the fluff a few times (pic related)

Lizardmen are Order because they fight Chaos

Black Orcs are called Ardboys now

The space marine knockoffs are called Stormcast Eternals. They are human heroes reforged by the gods into elite paladin archetypes, created to rally the mortal races against the forces of chaos

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like almost anything in the setting actually matters since everything seems to be infinite.

>i come to this thread every so often to kick the piss out of you guys!

Thanks!

Warhammer was the same way.

There were infinite elves fighting infinite chaos, infinite forests full of infinite beastmen fighting infinite empire people which are being attacked by infinite skaven making infinite plagues, etc.

The only time any kind of real boundary got applied to the warhammer world was during the End Times

>wtf is going on in the GW website

they updated it

>where are the tomb kings?

discontinued

>Why is everything divided into "grand alliances"?

Because the game is now organized by grand alliances

>Why are lizardmen in the order alliance?

Because they are not a chaos, death, or destruction force.

>Where are the black orcs?

Presumably somewhere in the destruction grand alliance

>What the fuck are these "not-space marines"?

>they are called sigmarines, actually scratch that, they are called stormcast eternals. Just think good guy necrons fighting for the god emperor with lightning magic.

there, you're all caught up.

>Nobody knows why

90% of their model range was really old and dated. About the only plastic kits they had that didn't date back to 2006-ish were the big monsters. From a business perspective, the WHFB/AoS switchover gave GW the opportunity to cut out those older model ranges they couldn't or didn't intend to support any more, so sadly the TK's were axed. What surprised me was that the Necrosphinxes/Warsphinxes weren't retained and rolled into the broad 'Death' army, since they were quite nice models despite the aesthetic differences.

Morathi when?

Yeah, but the scale is infinite and infinite territory can exist. So it just seems to me that a destruction of a country doesn't mean anything in AoS. It's kinda like when you inflate and devalue a currency.

Dryads and Saurus Warriors date back to 2002

Having old models is not a good enough reason to cut a line that got a ton of new sculpts just before the End Times

>were the big monsters
tomb guard were the same release

The warhammer world was essentially infinite, too. It had kingdoms with defined boundaries but the space between borders was purposefully left to be essentially infinite so they could have infinite forests with infinite beastmen and infinite skaven and so on

The point of the warhammer world setting was to create cool narratives for battles. 40k is the same way. AOS is the same way.

The Dryads and Saurus both look pretty nice though. The problem with the TK plastics is that they infantry sprues were a slight tweak on the very first plastic skeletons, which I think date back to the 80's? When the TK's got their 6th edition army book, GW took the Vampire Count skellies and tacked some Egyptian-looking bling onto them.

And what was wrong with the latest TK skeletons? They're way cooler than the VC shit

I get what you're saying. It's just that the way that AoS does it doesn't fly for me. I'm really more annoyed by the naming conventions.

Honestly I completely forgot that Tomb Guard got an update. They really should have been rolled into the new faction as well, even if they just acted as an alternate look for Grave Guard.

First of 10 Knights, still WIP
>Fuck Elysian Green desu

Also Agrax over EG really brings out the filthy look to armour

Are you talking about the tomb guard or regular troops? if you're talking about the regulars, then you're a fucking moron.

Should I put my Ghoul King on a Terrorgheist or a Zombie Dragon?

Thin ya paint

I thinned that Green until it has the horrible watery texture, then slowly build it up after i've had to wipe it away
I've had 0 probelms with any other paint except that one

Why dip in the whole thing in BLACK instead of light sepia touch here and there?
also, thin your paints and don't forget to have a nice, clean tip on da brush

Most people will say Terrorgheist, I use the dragon because it looks cooler

If only half the WIPs here were done like yours... take notes on this guy before posting WIP faggots

the thing with AoS, is that it's lacking personnality
there is no landpoints (safe for azyrheim), it's fucking minecraft : endless, but empty
in the world that be, there were territories, mountains, countries, places that matters
there was a lot of empty spaces as well, but you still got ulthuan, khemri, the north, etc ...
and it's the same with 40k. Just look at the peoples reaction to the fall of cadia
AoS needs places, and a real fucking map so i can know WHERE are my dudes

It took 30 years to develop the old world

They are developing the AOS world. The recent battletomes and novels go into detail about the new cities founded in the realm of life.

Was following a paint guide in terms of the colour, and frankly i don't hate it, just a bit miffed they don't look as good as my daemons
Even my BKs look better

th-thanks

Thinking about starting AoS after realizing that the game actually looks fun and the most badass armies are not shit-tier like in 40k. How hated will I be if I roll BCR?

Warhammer at year 2 was much more shit than AoS is at year 2 tho

I recently got this.
So, starting sylvaneth or something other?

Terrorgheist it is. I like its look better than the dragon.

Hello my favourite Nurgle user. How are your drones? I remember you had same problems with painting after assembling the first model

Jeremy glen is shit and the real detail are nowhere near this 3D render shit.
Literally walked away with 300K and bought a house and made the cast with the renting money of the second house.

Kys this shit with half detail of a GW treeman. Use this as a terrain or something

Not bad user, just trying to stay motivated
Will be finishing the other 2 drones over the weekend as well as my last squad of PB + Herald

Then it's just the Soul Grinder, GUO and Knights to go and i can then fully start spreading the word of Papa Nurgle

I like that it's not a fixed map to work with. I enjoy making up my own lands and maps for my dudes.

Atleast they can shape it up. Instead of just Fantasy earth. Like shit some of those names are so uninspiried. Literally Japan. Kingdom of Ind. Araby.

One question, does anyone know the contents of the new tzeentch daemon boxes?
I've seen the prizes and they've either increased the prices or pulled a chaos knights... but it doesn't make much sense since the SC box offers a 3 dollars discount.

Wait they have human faces? I thought they were like stardust in the armor thousand suns style.

Ehm... no, they have been human fellas all along. I mean, since warstorm (the second novel) we've known as much.

I got the model already. It's pretty the same. I like it but I don't know it's worth to start a new army with.

Dont follow aos really. Thats kinda disapointing. Ty though friend.

I really wnat to get into AOS , theres a few armies that stand out, but where do you find the points list, whats the fundamentals of good army building, and whats the best place to learn about tactics and compositions?

20 pink horror
10 blue and 10pairs of brimstone

>I really wnat to get into AOS , theres a few armies that stand out, but where do you find the points list, whats the fundamentals of good army building, and whats the best place to learn about tactics and compositions?

Look for synergy. Points list is in General's Handbook in the OP, Scrollbuilder.com is quite good too.

belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/starting-age-of-sigmar-basic-list-building.html
Yes i know it's BoLS, but the article is great (and it's not by their staff anyway)

>where do you find the points list
General's Handbook

>whats the fundamentals of good army building
Have units for all roles (fast, tough, high damage, cannon fodder etc), try to get synergies

>whats the best place to learn about tactics and compositions
Veeky Forums ahahahahaha no

yep, that's what i thought to

can't wait for nagash come back with bitchin' new models for death

And screamers and flamers?? Those two got a hike. We are having an argument on dakka dakka and wanted to know (I only knew of blue horrors). Thanks in advance

>FW STILL hasn't released points for their Greater Daemon lines
GUO proxy it is then

when I get my aftermath Slaanesies

Not him but generally when making Aos box they up the price by 50-75% and models by 100% everytime, os it smore bang for the bucks

They are so shit anyway, better not be much more than 30-50 points expansive than the base.
They should all be clocking 30+ wounds easily given the size, also the Exalted Lord of change is just laughable compare to the normal one

Yeah but the GUO model is so, so much better than the GW one
I hate that it is effectively 1/3 of my army in dosh, but the GW is crap and the Glottkin conversion is so overdone

It's not a new model, I finished it a while ago, but take a look at it anyway Also have some bonus Nurglings in the background

Also user, if you are looking for something to do, then take a look at my fluff

docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing

hows' the casting on that? i hear after all the kickstarter bullshit all the models are pretty much garbage.

basically this. Eevn old GW had better detailing, and the faggots that cast call themselves "on par if not better than Forgeworld"

Look in the comment of the kickstarter, people posted pics