How do you like them lizardfolks in your games?

How do you like them lizardfolks in your games?

Playable or not?
Brutes or sneakies?
Furry trash magical realm or viable race?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=39pxYm1HEpg
dartmouth.edu/~robertcox/SSD_files/Cox et al 2009 JEB_2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>file name
Yes. Yes I do.

sauce?

Dragonborn.
Rare, one of the 'fallen' races, like giants. They used to be more common and stronger, but lost nearly everything ages ago and never really recovered.
They're currently more brutes than sneakies.

Keep going, I want to see lizard cuteness.

Here ya go.

Overlord manga. It's not really that much about lizardfolk doing lizardfolk things. Check chapter 16 onwards for that.

Mostly just NPC monsters. Sometimes under the control of a dragon, often times barbarous. The few times where it was asked of me to make a village for a PC lizardfolk, they were traders or hired goons due to either low resources or just naturally scary/strong.

>this abomination
C-cute!

More human (like Skyrim) or more lizard dragonborn (Pathfinder or DnD, I forgot)?

I will continue, because apparently kawaii lizards is what people want.

This is adorable, what is this from?

is she smacking her tail against the ground in embarrassment? That's adorable.

Do they die horribly when the main characters show up?

What's interesting is that the guy seems to be copying that action.

>Overlord manga
Oh shit.

They all died, didn't they.

I like that as a detail and it makes sense. If you can't make a lot of facial expressions then body language fills in the gap on conveying emotions.

I'm stealing the idea that lizard/snake/reptile people slap the ground with their tail when they are excited.

Also in excitement. This is how they met, which was just few pages before the OP. Might as well post it all, because I have nothing better to do and people aren't talking about lizards anyway.

Sore wa himitsu desu, as one faggot from 90s anime used to say.

Pls no

Scalies are trash human beings and should not be pandered to at all.

If your game has playable lizardfolk that other people are just sort of OK with, something is seriously wrong.

>t. Furfag

>courting growl

This is cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=39pxYm1HEpg

And then comes the page in the OP.

What a tweest!
:3c

Oh. I misread this entirely.

Scalies are furfags ya dumb

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

anime is shit

Reptiles are kinda cute though

they're intelligent amphibious raiders in my current setting. they prefer capturing far over killing, as they have access to multiple slave economies, and maintain a small series of kingdoms and chiefdoms. they're one of the few animal person races in my setting that is known to commonly associate themselves with human conflicts and occasionally make human friends.

Sounds a bit like vikings. Do they ride from the sea? Because salt-water lizardfolk is not something I've seen before, I think.

>Furry trash magical realm or viable race?
>implying you can't have both

More lizardlike.

yeah, though I imagine them more like sea peoples as this is a bronze age setting. they conduct both land and sea raids, depending on the faction. not any reason any of them would be 'salt-water' lizardfolk unless they've got big chunks of iguana. animal person lore is ancient wizard fuckery in my setting, just some dude experimenting with producing thralls for specified tasks by combining human and animal traits thousands of years ago for a while. races that didn't go extinct at some point persist, lizard people included, so their genetic origins aren't of much consequence to their habitat.

Much like tribal africans.
Kinda limited to tribal technologies thanks to their environment and actual limited amount of distance they can actually go thanks to their cold blooded nature. That and dry deserts and marches don't really have much in the way of letting free time to tame beasts or get metals.

Sure theres civilized ones, are even a few city states and vassal kingdoms that are equal to whatever kingdom is nearest thanks to magic/colonisation.

>wizard fuckery producing new races

Used that in one of my settings too. It's a convenient way of explaining humanoid lizards, though I guess it could be explainable with some biological mumbo-jumbo.

I've read somewhere that small gecko-like lizardmen could actually come from evolution, though I don't remember the details.

I like monstrous but armor and weapon-using folks as minor to mid level enemies. I like them being the attendants and minions of dragons. Mostly swordsman, but a few pyromancers.

>lizardmen
>female not bigger than male
shit desu baka senpai

His posture isn't the only thing that's stiff.

>growling reflexively
is this lizardmen equivalent of spontaneous boner?

This pic gives me a strange feeling. It's not smut, but it looks like it should be.

Is that really how sexual dimorphism in reptiles work? I thought bigger females was more of an insect/arachnid thing.

Almost all reptiles you see wandering around are female, the males don't move around very much, are WAY smaller (like a quarter of the length). They're totally dependent on female lizards to bring them food. Kind of the opposite of lions. So your view of "average" lizard size is totally based on your experience with female lizards.

Crocodilians have larger males though.

Yeah, that plus the fact that I totally made up does weaken the argument somewhat.

Interesting, though it depends on the species. See graph on page 2:
dartmouth.edu/~robertcox/SSD_files/Cox et al 2009 JEB_2.pdf

And then there are side-blotched lizards, where males have one of three colors on their throat and each color is a different kind of male.

Orange throats are big and tough, with large territories and harems of females.

Blues are average, keeping only a single mate, which are often stolen away to an orange harem.

Yellows are slender and appear female, living in the harems of oranges and sneakily mating the females while the orange is off defending his turf.

>Orange is barbariam
>Blue is paladin
>Yellow is bard

Holy fucking shit that's so God damn cute. I'm gonna need more of this in spades my man.

Playable, viable race. Pragmatic as fuck rather than brutes or sneaks

Yes.

He gets better.

Ainz-sama would never waste such valuable subjects.
That said I wish we got to see more of the happy couple instead of boring old Zenbaru

>Kind of the opposite of lions
I know this is a joke post, but RRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I was going to make a joke that they could eat the previous male's kids, but no, the females were taking care of those too.
Fucking lions.

>Orange is Orcs
>Blue is Humans
>Yellow is Elves

Lizardmen should have a lizard language with lizard songs, lizard cities full of lizard homes where they wear lizard clothes and read lizard book. They should have lizard armies with lizard weapons and lizard magic.

They should be the remnants of reptillian empires of the Time Before, an era even before the elves. They use strange alchemy to resurrect beasts of that era.

So they should be largely irrelevant then?

That probably depends on how good that alchemy is, and how prepared everyone else is to deal with lizard wizards riding dinosaurs.

Nope, they should be rather relevant, with a Lost World island of their own, reptillian spies in government across the land, and seeking to rebirth Tiamat Mother of Chaos into the world and wipe out all mammalian life.

Remnants of defunct former powers tend to be less relevant than they like to think they are.

That's boring.

Eh, important but arrogant lizard men thst cause you problems but you get to smack down is entertaining to me.

*Impotent, not important.

We wouldn't enjoy the same games.

I think Warhammer did lizardmen great on multiple levels, succeeding at both making the lizard men play and look great, as well as giving them a unique lore, and south american aesthetic.

There is nothing wrong with that asuing it is true, but I can enjoy more than one kind of game. I never said I couldn't get behind relevant lizard men, just that I would enjoy getting to roleplay shutting down and disproving arrogant assholes. I understand that what you propose might be more fun over all, it's just I think my model would be cathartic personally.

My bad on the name

I don't play games to be cathartic.

I play to be entertained and get really fucking pulpy and weird, like Metal Hurlant or Warhammer Fantasy weird.

And I can dig that, I just enjoy other things as well, and to be honest I just kinda wanted to be contrarian when I posted that.

Playable, natural bite, natural armor if possible, based on barbarian cultures that never developed beyond a certain point, like tupis and their celebratory cannibalism.

Had a lot of fun with a crocofolk character once.

South American? You meam like Maya or Aztecs?

Fact, the azteCs were not actually called aztecs, they proper name for that civilization (and I'm probably going to spell this wrong since I'm not going to go google it, feel free to correct my spelling) was the mexica. It's actually where the name Mexico came from.

I thought mexico was something like 'I can't understand you'

Or was that an old wives tale?

Probably an old wives tale. The people were the mexica. We derived the term aztecs from the name of their capitol, which is hell to try and spell or pronounce so I won't bother. If you're curious you can google it.

The things you learn in college history courses man. The things you learn. Gotta say the conquistadors were my favorite part of that unit, mostly because of how the professor described them. Every time he mentioned them he'd say the same thing, " the conquistadors were gangstas." Said it like three times a lecture, but for some reason it made me chuckle every time.

It was the Mexica (Or Tenocha, of Tenochtitlan) tribe as leading part of the Triple Alliance that formed the Mexica Empire, along with Texcoco and Tlacopan.

The origin of the Mexica people is in mythic Aztlan and they were the Aztec before they settled and became the Mexica

Wait a fucking second, this isn't /srg/ what are we doing discussing Aztecs here?

Civilizations of lizard people in fantasy settings get Aztec themes to their cultures sometimes. Particularly, the one from Warhammer Fantasy.

Shadowrun lacks reptile people.

This thread is on the way of destruction anyway.

>can't even make waters splash from the vibrations

what a fag

Was asleep.

>croc blocks the cock

That would make a good filename.

That first panel is going to be a reaction image from now on.

>How do you like them lizardfolks in your games?
In a continuum with birdfolk because feathers are swank as fuck.

Also visibly abhumanoid and not playable because furries are degenerate.

Do you have any players that would openly flip their shit if lizardfolk were a playable race?