Why do you like your favorite game over others?

Why do you like your favorite game over others?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhG8Ry-L3IQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh sweet die, lets check how much they ar-
>$20 american for 2 d6

JESUS FUCK!

Because it caters to my tastes in ways I never thought a game would

I made it.

Get. Out. Both of you.

It's easy to run, easy to plan for, and I don't have to worry about breaking it if I want to do something crazy.

It does everything I want it to, doesn't break under load or divergent actions/scenarios, and gets the fuck out of the way when I don't specifically need it for something. Smooth as butter.

The less dice throwing and math, the better. The perfect DM wouldn't need rules at all.

I know the system inside and out, and I like the setting

youtube.com/watch?v=LhG8Ry-L3IQ

SPACESHIP!

a lot of reasons
>platoon level
>alternated activation
>great art style in general with ts sweet old ass wonky sci fi
>great miniatures
>having cards as a support in a wargame works better than i expected
it fills its own unique niche nad that happens to be my niche,

It has amazing Gear Mods, so I can finally play that tech-modder guy I've always wanted to.

I'm a prime believe in the OSR because it's one of the few games that does dungeon crawling well, but also puts the fear of god into the players instead of giving them a billion powers and making them essentially invincible, so players have to actually think about what their doing and invent new ways of getting treasure, as opposed to just bullrushing everything in and turning it into a combat simulator.

I use this in particular because it's free as fuck and doesn't come with a billion options that I don't even like in my fantasy stories.

> One specific game over others
Meh, not really, I do like the Silhouette System, and while it has obvious flaws (especially flavour) Fragged Empire is nice. So is FFG's Edge of the Empire.

> Still, why?
Bell. Curve. Can't deal with the higher level of randomness of d20, nor the gazillion modifiers of Shadowrun anymore.

It's the only game I know of that combines a satisfying level of mechanical crunch with narrative design sensibilities, focusing on theme and genre emulation rather than gritty granularity while still being weighty enough to be meaningful and fun to play.

>Mini Six
It's a generic system where characters take only a couple minutes to create and there's a whole wealth of OpenD6 content that can be plundered to bolt onto it.

It has furries.

That, and fursona's tend to be brutally eviscerated when they charge in like the self-righteous retards they are.

I actually have a set of Ako dice, they're pretty fucking legit. You should get a pair if you run any 2d6 games, like BattleTech.

What exactly does "legit" mean, in your stunted ghetto idiom?

Because it's actually balanced, complicated enough not to be boring, but not too obtuse, I don't get bored when it's the opponent's turn and the minis are beautiful, even if they're "generic sci fi anime".

>why do children keep insisting that this is "cool" when it's obviously room temperature

It's fun.

I made it from scratch. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have kept working on it.

It's GURPS