A good samurai knows how to defeat himself

>A good samurai knows how to defeat himself.

How do i defeat your character Veeky Forums?

By stabbing him to death.

By hitting him til he dies.

Reduce his HP to 0

By rolling for seduction.

Refuse to acknowledge he exists, for a man is never truly defeated until the world has forgotten about him.

Uh.... a lot of people with guns? Hopefully enough bullets will get through that 22 AC before they use their 21 str to punch every one to death. (Mid level PF monk with great str and dex as well as decent wis.)

Deprive him of allies, resources, armies, and exploitable circumstances. Make him stand alone, this is when he is at his most vulnerable. Do not give him a chance to back out and regroup, don't give him time to make a plan.

Defeating a divine king as a mere warrior is difficult by all definitions, but to defeat him when he is surrounded by armies, fortified in a city, with his heroes and vassals around him, that is impossible.

By "defeat" do you mean mentally, or physically through strategy?

On the mental side: Flattery. My character is a huge sucker for it, even going so far as to mildly lessen his exceedingly racist views on halflings because one complimented him.

Strategy-wise? His AC is 14 and he's a fucking bard dude, it's not exactly that hard to put him in a bind. You just have to take out the summoner and barbarian that he hides behind.

>monk

By taking advantage of one of his few weaknesses, like
>Hitting him with projectiles moving at a high velocity
>Hitting him with sharps objects with moderate force
>Hitting him with blunt objects with moderate force
>With holding oxygen from him for longer than two minutes
>Exposing him to corrosive materials for differing periods of time
>Exposing him to various forms of radiation for differing periods of time, depending on radiation
>Introducing appropriate amounts of different poisons and venoms into his body
>Having him fall from different hights depending on the material on which he lands
>With holding food from him for approximately 3-4 weeks
>Witholding water from him for approximately 5-7 days
Other than that though, HE'S INVINCIBLE

Now now lets not be rude.

, please tell us how you came to choose the worst martial and how that's worked out for you thus far in your campaign.

>How do i defeat your character Veeky Forums?
Put him next to anything you can fall from, then wait approximately 10 seconds.

I WISH i was joking.

>Put them in an anti-magic field
>Depending on which speshul snowflake character they either end up paralyzed, unconscious, or (temporarily but long enough you could damage the body enough they wouldn't recover without them fighting back) fucking dead.

What is this from? I see damn Everywhere on this site.

>antimagic field
>beat the shit out of him

If you heal him, he will die.

In a direct combat fight? Flight and some way of attacking creatures on the ethereal / dimension locking capabilities, followed by an attack style using small numbers of accurate, high damage attacks, as he can autoblock one attack per round and has DR, so solo megahits and masses of chip damage lose large amounts of effectiveness.

Beyond that, general anti demon and anti spellcaster preparations are likely to serve you well, due to my characters nature. Death when many demon lords own claim to you does not end particularly well.

Be a cute innocent looking girl. Stab him whenever he's trying to protect her.

> Monk
You are not serious right now.

Destroy his body, then try to locate and destroy a phylactory in a box of warding in orbit within 1d10 days.

My character can't even find it. If he wants it back he has to kill himself and reform next to it.

An antimagic zone

Ez

Are you playing a skeleton?

>What is this from?
One of the recent Simpsons episodes had a "1980s" styled intro.

Spells that require charisma saving throws. My mystic-fighter can boost his AC to 29, deal 4d8+5d10+7 damage with a cantrip, fly 140ft for free, heal 2/3 of his hp in a turn more than once, and be psionic and thus immune to dispel magic, counterspell, and antimagic field, but his Charisma score of 3, along with his -4 to charisma saves, means he'll be sidelined by literally any banishment or plane shift spell. Other than that, his dexterity saving throws aren't spectacularly stellar, so that is always an option.

close enough.
Ported Lichloved from 3.5 to be a 5e background

With sufficient amount of cute boys, eventually she will exhaust herself...

That's some nice minmaxing you got there senpai.

exhuast herself of what? you kinda trailed off at the end there

Tomb-tainted Soul*
The Sorcerer took lichloved

Wait three more months for the radiation to kill him.

Find some way to be immune to cold damage, effectively limiting the amount of damage he can deal to what his resistance penetration will allow. After that, it's an issue of keeping yourself healthy, shrugging off the slow effects, and closing the distance as quickly as possible.

He's kind of laser focused like that, but the lack of defense has never been a real problem since his typical engagement range is upwards of half a kilometer. He's wet tissue paper in melee, and gets dunked on by any status ailments.

This is all a fairly tall order, so what I would probably do is not engage him on his preferred terms. He's a walking natural disaster, but if you catch him off-guard at close range he'll go down like a chump, so an ambush is probably the best plan.

Well, you know the saying how there can be too much of a good thing?

Threaten to call his brother if he doesn't behave.

Are you by any chance playing Lina Inverse (male)?

Yes

You must be new here

She's a sucker for romance, and also by emotional manipulation manipulation. Or with drugs. Lots of drugs.

Hm, probably the easiest way is by destroying the world or just wiping out all sapient population. Just need to make sure that you have a way to be really far away the moment he finds out who did it. Like at minimum in a different galaxy and preferably farther.

Committing suicide while also destroying the world will make him rage for a couple of weeks. At least.

>how do "I" defeat "your" character
Nice try rusemaster Aku

Right now I'm DMing a Milotic bbeg that has PYSCHIC POWAH.

So far he does no damage at all and just vomits debuffs on whoever he's fighting to the point where you can't move anymore. Not to mention mind scanning to anticipate attacks The drawback is that while he's (stat wise anyway) fast, his health and defense is rather low. So you have to beat him up before you run out of stat management.

Especially if he has his Golurk friend with him. Thing's his only source of damage and he already hits like a truck due to having come in XL by Lurk standards. So not only do you have Potentate Weakering to worry about you also have a pissed off Emperor Gigantic XXL to worry about.

throw him into a situation where he has to exert himself more than he wants to, he'll probably just give up

take his sister as a hostage

be immune or heavily resistant to electricity, be able to make will saves or have high enough AC that him throwing a piece of metal at you won't do anything

close the distance gap and get in his face, but if you're within 125 feet, you'll likely be dead, his longest range attacks almost half a mile

make him make a fortitude save

surprise attacks won't work - he passively senses electricity within 15 feet, but can extend it to half a mile for 1 minute

I might suggest poison or having enough snipers out of his passive detection distance, such that as soon as he knew he was getting shot, he was already dead.

Overwhelming firepower is the only real way. Or you could just run away and ignore him to death, the only reason he's threatening is because he eats damage that would otherwise go to more threatening party members and he's damn near impossible to actually kill. If he's on his own, he can't really do all that much against anybody of a similar powerlevel.

give him like 5 minutes by himself and watch him self destruct

>Milotic bbeg
The Pokemon?

Any of the following:
Range and kite.
Out HP me.
Reflex saves

I can't retreat so if you are better, you got me.

Also obstacle course.

First off, kill him.
Second off, kill his entire family.
Third off, kill his entire clan.
Fourth off, watch over your shoulder for the rest of your life, because now you will be plagued by ninjas.

Kek my character is an Adeptus Evangelion pilot; you'll just have to I dunno, punch her in the face a few times out of her Evangelion, she's sort of pathetic physically given she needs extensive medication to even survive.

Sorry user. I have no idea who that is.

Get him to sacrifice himself, his only real goal is to protect people so if you could make it nessisary for him to die to save a bunch of people like a curse or something he would probably do it himself. Also, hide, because if he knows were your are, you are fucked.

>playing broken as fuck VOP monk (yes a monk you autists) with an AC30, hitting 3d6+2d8+9 two to four times per round and is able to outrun a fucking bullet train

Null rod to the face.

What else would it be?

Hostages.

Monks are actually quite useful outside of theorycrafting. Their resistances/immunities make them strong against special abilities and spells and can be utilized in friendly fire scenarios (wading through cloud spells, stunning/finishing off casters).

You should go watch Slayers. Now.

Take advantage of anger issues, and bait desperate or hasty actions. Trap him in a situation where his only course of action is to back off and live or die heroically. Get an overwhelming military force going and turn facing him a war and not a fight along with some cronies. Booby-traps, trickery and poison. Get someone who he thought was trustworthy to betray him, if you can. Don't get too close, keep up the pressure for as long as is needed, and let him rage and rage and rage until he falls, makes a mistake or the emotion kills him.

Talking shit about how his brother was better than him might either be the last thing you do or the key to victory.

Catch him while asleep, catch him weaponless, poison him, hold his dear ones hostage, hit him with a potent spell, or just set him against a superior opponent.

It's never hard to die as a Bushi. Living is the hard part.

Monk is an amazing wall, but nobody wants to play the wall. People want to play a wall that can do more than wall.

any group that allows this kind of shit is a group that i want to be away from as far as possible, so please strongly consider leaving this board or the internet in general

The only possible way is to be better at sex than she is.

Good luck.

Heat metal or anything with high DEX or INT saves required.

amputation at the ankles?

Aside from just being out of his weight class or general human weaknesses:
Trick him into trusting you. He's not particularly open but if you stay in his company long enough he will find it hard to think much wrong of you.
Threatening him into having to respond hard and fast; he's not a real fighter and his strongest magic requires he burn his own mental fortitude, so if you can force that out and nullify it a psychic breeze will knock him over.

He's also on the verge of learning some powerful countermagic, so after that you'll need to stick to completely mundane or abstract attacks since tangible magic he will just reflect on you.

How do you kill that which has no life?

>sorceress
Exploit her pride, wait for her to defeat herself.

>solar
Tell the Wyld Hunt where he is, cross your fingers.

What kind of pissant cares about that shit?

Tear the character sheet in half? Run it through a shredder. Spill your beverage all over it at the gaming table. Annoy the controlling player so much that they rage quit. The ways of destroying a character are many and subtle.

Charm spells... I hit so hard that I could possibly one shot most of my party, and I have a will save of 0 and a -2 to charm spells. I mean last time it happened I got hit with a charm spell from a void touched troglodyte, and almost killed our party's Oracle... Admittedly it was their fault the Troglodyte came to be anyhow.

Nice try, BBEG.

See defeating my character is real simple. Advanced weaponry. A fuck ton of it.

If you don't know how you can be defeated, how will you know when someone can kick your ass?

It's easy, just let him have access to alcohol and then kill him once he's shitfaced.

And stole my fucking copy of that image. Give it back right now, or so help me God there will be consequences.

Mock her vision to her face, claim your own superiority, and then make like two or three random moves against her that don't make any strategic sense.

She'll just have a massive fit and end up nuking her own plans in an effort to out-think and undermine you, overanalysing every single move a million times over and generally become a smoking wreck of a person until she snaps under the weight of her own autism. Take advantage of that rampant superiority complex.

A straight fight is a different matter. Electricity based effects fuck her up pretty good, and being able to purge her stacked haste buffs will render her vastly less dangerous. If you can't do that, high physical damage mitigation will turn the dozen or so attacks you'll receive into pinpricks, since she relies on quantity of offence rather than quality. If she's not purged, try to one-shot her from 25% HP to 0%, otherwise you get to enjoy taking a full 36 attacks per turn, which is going to hurt even if each individual attack is doing very little. She'll crit eventually and the multiplier on that is lethal.

Throw a save-or-die spell at him. Despite having the best save bonuses in the party, he always rolled natural ones to resist any spell.
Or befriend him instead, or give him food. He'd gladly have friends instead of enemies.

Sit back and relax. The entire universe seems to have it out for him on a daily basis, and will divert whatever maladies are in the area onto his skull, because fuck him and his fucking face.

>visualizing your own defeat
Look at this fucking loser

Use a sniper rifle and blow his brains out from a distance when he least expects it

>remembering how proud of myself I was when I realized it was a joke about the multiple meanings for the word "traps"

I've always wondered what he's shouting. at the beginning and end

Deny him his faith. Make him question the worthiness not of himself, but of the God-Fiend Below. Then convince him that,were he to turn against his God, he would succeed.

The Iron Prince will do the rest.

first thing he says is "tovarish" or comrade, don't know the rest

>barbarian
Ranged attacks. Use his honor to your advantage and challenge him at something you know you can beat him in.
>warlock
Remind him, he isn't being the man that Pelor knows he can be. Alternatively beat the cripple up

>He doesn't prepare for everything Batman style.
Loser.

A bomb came pretty close to doing it once

Make peace with them and with your enemies.

Robots.
If it doesn't have a mind, he has little protection against it.

Holy water. He's a zombie.

Break his sunglasses whenever he's outside.
[spoilers]His eyes are able to detect UV radiation, making him easy to blind in direct sunlight[/spoilers]

Let's see...

>Golem
Blast her with force magic, it shuts her down and leaves her completely vulnerable.

>Artificer
Deal a moderate amount of damage to him, guy is like 75 and built like a twig.

>Shaman
Bankrupt him. He can't summon spirits unless he pays them for their service. I'm serious.

>Psychoportation Psion
Mind-affecting abilities shut her down hard since her wisdom is terrible.

>Paladin
Kidnap his children. He's secretly terrified of endangering them a second time.

>Gunslinger
Disarm her. She's a terrible fighter with anything but firearms.

>LG Bard
Stab him in the back with a sword. That how our GMPC Paladin killed him anyway.

>Ninja
Offer him a chance to sacrifice himself for his friends. He's an idiot with a hero complex.

>Cleric of Pelor
Offer him a chance to sacrifice himself for his god. He's an idiot with a messiah complex.

>>Shaman
>Bankrupt him. He can't summon spirits unless he pays them for their service. I'm serious.

Does he live in Louisiana and have a shadow for a familiar?

A high level adventuring party, or localized ecosystem destruction.

They eat a LOT OF FOOD, and need to or they'll die.

Most reliable way would probably just be good old fashioned betrayal. Befriend her, lure her on a quest for booty, and when she has no other duplicates out, tell her to use one of her duplicates to check to see if a room is trapped (that you trapped yourself before all of this), and when the trap goes off, killing the clone, immediately stab her in the back.

By being stabbed mid-intercourse. He wasn't even charmed by that assassin, just thought he could get her before she got him. He was very wrong, and it'll probably happen again.

fire, my character can't stand fire.

The GM was quite generous with stats and was trying out a new crit system that didn't favor any particular weapon type. They crit changes get rolled back once it was realized how powerful it made characters that had some compensation for bad crit ranges. Still doing well though since a monk with a lot of good stats using Dragon Style can actually dish out a fair amount of pain while being pretty safe.

Monks lose to freedom of movement + any summon/created undead/bound outsider/golem/construct that teh caster has prepared ahead of time. Spell resistance is a bane as much as a boon because it takes a standard action to drop it in order to receive buffs. Also, there are plenty of go fuck yourself spells that ignore saves, SR, or both. Limited Wish -> Geas is just the most effective one.

Immunities to most cloud spells can be granted for 1 hour with a 50gp potion of delay poison.

Monks are shit, m8