My character has a special connection with wolves

>My character has a special connection with wolves

What is it with autists and their boner for wolves?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-25109052
i.4cdn.org/f/ILoveFoxes.swf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>My character has a special connection with [insert animal here]
Say no more

I don't know, OP.

Why don't you tell us more about autists.

I'm knot sure myself.

>two threads made in the span of two months
You got me there champ

Because if you use a symbol enough, it eventually becomes trite.

My character has a special connection with mantis shrimp.

thats pretty fuckin hardcore

Well, I wouldn't fuck with your character, that much is for sure

Brilliant.

Misunderstandings about wolf pack structure and the idea of being an alpha/lone wolf.

In reality a pack is just an extended family unit led by the parents and lone wolves are misfit failures unable to find a mate. The rigid alpha/omega hierarchy only forms when you shove unrelated wolves into a confined space under stressful conditions, like a zoo.

Ironically, this means that the people most obsessed with being a "Lone Wolf" are in fact the people most like one.

My character has a special connection to bitches with a fat pwussy

>makes the same thread more than once
I'd say so

It actually has a lots of benefits. A pack of dire mantis shrimp can beat the shit out of anyone who foolishly walks into the water.

>extremely common misunderstandings of wolf behavior
>historical closeness with humanity in general
>often used as a symbol because of the above
>"raised by wolves" was a huge cliche for a while
>furries

That's basically it. People think "lone wolves" are cool because they don't know that's actually a death sentence for a shitty wolf that can't cooperate, or they think the Alpha/Beta shit is how it actually works. Wolves are "wild" but because of dogs they're recognizable and slightly more relate-able than other animals, so they're scary while also potentially not. There's some kind of noble association from putting nature on a pedestal, too.

Humanity's view of wolves is a massive game of telephone that resulted in retards identifying with a mangled image that's "so totally me."

>misconception of the Lone Wolf, which is often depicted as a particularly strong and intelligent individual who rejects the signature social structure of the species instead of a scraggly loser who no one wants around

>Wolves are apex predators whose only natural enemies are other apex predators like cougars and bears

>New Age bullshit appropriating Native American folklore and turning the wolf into the Mary Sue of the animal spirit world

>Associating with werewolves and other beastmen

>They look cool

Obsession with animals as companions is just a common thing, especially for people who have trouble socializing and relating to others. They project onto what they feel an animal represents, whether it's wolves, foxes, dogs, snakes, etc. Dunno what to tell you. Maybe try to understand and roll with it.

and if they sperg out and ruin the game for everyone, don't talk to them anymore, it's not your job to fix or punish people's shitty behavior

TAKE

>"raised by wolves" was a huge cliche for a while
Raised by wolves is a RL phenomenon, that has been recorded.

Sure, but it was especially prominent in fiction for a while.

this

>my character has a special connection with gophers
would Veeky Forums allow this?

>Sure, but it was especially prominent in fiction for a while.

>Romulus and Remus

Ummmm try again sweetie :^)

>name related

>because it's ancient it's excused

>wolf
>apex predators

Goddammit

Post non stereotypical animal companions and forms.

My druid has a pet Stout. He wears it on his head and consults it before making important decisions.

What animals are acceptable for a character to have strong connections with?

Other than Rats? [/spoiler}

Id accept animals used in hunting, sport or war, such as Dogs, Falcons, etc

bbc.com/news/world-europe-25109052

My character has a special connection with Dwarves.

I have no problems with characters having "strong connections" with any animal, even typical autist bait like wolves or dragons.

Like anything, it's all in the execution.

Though personally, I have a fondness for crows when it comes to characters and animal connections.

>turning the wolf into the Mary Sue of the animal spirit world
They pretty much are the Mary Sue as it is.

My character has a special connection with spotted hyenas. I.e. I fap to futa femdom.

u wot m8?

Only on the golf course

>half the fanboys are new age vikings sympathisers, the other half are furries

what a waste of a founding legion

Nigga he's not denying it happened IRL.

My character has a special connection with moths

My character has a special connection with Heroin

>Can't spell mantis without man
>Can't spell shrimp without his

The wordplay checks out. Mantis shrimp confirmed as bro-tier.

What's wrong with like wolves?

They're pretty cool

Wolves = Adolf----->Hitler

>From the Germanic name Adalwolf, which meant "noble wolf" from the Germanic elements adal "noble" and wulf.

>Top tier
Hares (fast and wild), doves (pure and peaceful), deer (strong and noble), magpies (smart and pretty, but thieving), bulls (tough and strong), rats (petty and dishonest), beavers (hardworking and family-oriented), boars (tough, but ugly/flawed), falcons (swift and sharp), eagles (some byronic shit), dogs (loyal), elephants and whales (whatever the fuck this means), any fish except sharks, any insects except wasps and hornets, common lizards and amphibians, red pandas

>Borderline tier
Foxes (sly and cunning), cats (independent, playful), bears except giant pandas (wild, big and strong), dolphins (curious, friendly), exotic lizards and amphibians

>Shit tier
Ravens (cool and mysterious), big cats (like cats but cooler), spiders, scorpions, wasps, hornets and other poisonous bugs, snakes

>Meme tier
Pandas, honey badgers

>[barks]
Wolves

>Batman
Bats

THE

>used to run D&D game that included player diagnosed on the autistic spectrum
>fucking loved wolves. played druid with wolf companion. drew pictures of wolves.

>t. elf

>Pet stout

How about Pet Porters and Pet Ales, then?

>misfit failures unable to find a mate
How does that even happen, anyway? Are they just 'born' wrong? Did their parents die before they could learn how to wolf?

How hard can being a wolf actually be compared to the expectations of human society, anyway? Sure there's no such thing as health care, but how dumb do you have to be to fail at it?

>a setting with sentient booze companions
God, I want this.

I didn't know giant pandas were meme spirit animals. Not surprised, just didn't know.

Should OP have asked what's with autists and their boner for 40k? That would have been too much flame bait.

THESE BROKEN WINGS

>extensive but simple to understand mythos
>distinct art design
>every faction is some different flavor of power fantasy
>many of which have their own subflavors
>wide variety of themes from SERIOUS and MATURE (Dark Angels, some variants of Chaos, Necrons) to FUNNY and RANDOM (Orks, some variants of Chaos)

Wolves are admirable animals, as they have no guile or pretensions and are dedicated to social living. Those who wish they had the bonds of trust that define a wolf pack are naturally drawn to the worship of wolves.

wolves r cool donchu know i love being alone and like a wolf ignore that wolves hunt in packs arisen im such a loner laaaaaaaaaaaaaawl

I used to be a hardcore wolfaboo, but now I'm just a casual one. I still like animal symbolism in my RP, whether it's just a motif, or they're a shapeshifter, or they have an animal companion, or they're a full-on beastrace.

Most my characters have some level of animal symbolism. My favorites are my wolf guy, snake guy, and cat girl. Good shit.

My issue is autists and fire.

Man I don't know. Some wolves just don't wolf as hard as the other wolves. If every wolf was capable maybe they'd be running the show, but like everything else some of them are just fuckups

>How hard can being a wolf
Yeah, but see, wolf women don't want a 'wolf', they want thick black wolf cock

What would replace booze as drinks? If they are sentient drinking them would kill them, right?

I'd hypothesise that egoism and altruism are based in deeper levels of our conscious than previously assumed. In this case, the odd wolf or pack animal will for some reason have developed a stronger sense of self-entitlement and demand more from the pack than their own contribution warrants or becomes too aggressive in their attempts to gain power in the pack. In this case, the wolf is ousted from the family because the others will protect their own interest and wellbeing. It's not seen as a failure of education but simply an exagerated personality trait brought about by natural influences, and so their exclusion is seen as self-preservation and not cruelty.

Although certain animals fit better depending on what the character does/is.

For instance, if I play a Transmutation-focused Wizard, it only makes sense for him to be associated with snakes.

>Snake/staff symbolism (good enough for Moses)
>Snakes are inherently associated with transformation due to shedding their skin (however, butterflies and other such insects also work well for this)
>Flesh to Stone is a transmutation spell, and through the basilisk, cockatrice, and gorgon, snakes are tied to petrification in a way no other animal can be
>Snake-oil salesmen promised their products would change your life

Maybe they're a hive-colony-thing that can abandon part of the brew to let that portion be chugged without sacrificing anything. I don't know, I just want to talk shit to a poorly balanced IPA.

>wolves hunt in packs arisen
Dont trigger me like this

So they are either wolfing too hard or not enough. Being a wolf must suck

I noticed that only nolifers play Space Wolves.

My character has a special connection with Pigeons

That kind of anthropomorphic animal always reminds me of this:
i.4cdn.org/f/ILoveFoxes.swf

KNOT

>egoism and altruism are based in deeper levels of our conscious than previously assumed
I thought they were always assumed to be like that.

Yes, they can be born wrong, just like any other animals, they can exhibit traits that will prevent normal socialization, maybe some physical deficiencies, maybe mental. Also it can just be that the circumstances get in the way of normal socialization.

>How hard can being a wolf actually be compared to the expectations of human society, anyway?
Like with any wild animal, pretty hard. Or rather, it depends more on your luck, if you are born a strong, mentally stable and dominant wolf, life's good, or at least okay. If you are weaker, dumber, less assertive, life's okay or even good, but your genes aren't passed on. if you are well below the norm, you're an outcast and will probably die soon. Humans nowadays just try to help everyone.

A little aggressive OP. Let it play out.
I've seen players plan on what most would consider cliche or seemingly autistic things. And they actually did well.
It's really based on how well they can roleplay it.
Give it a chance. If it works, then nothing further needed.
If he fails, help him! Yeah, not the response people expect, but making something autistic actually good is a nice roleplaying challenge. Help him, figure out a method, and so on.
Remember, the game is for fun. He wants that, help him out with it.
Don't be cruel and just dismiss it as autistic. Be a human who actually helps.
Or, if you're trolling and hoping to trigger de furries, then I don't really care. That's your call of griefing which nothing can be done about.

Damnit, now I want my character to have a connection with a very specific species of moth not indigenous to the campaign's home continent.

>Ranger has a Red Panda which she and the GM just stat as a wolf
>almost TPKed twice because she can't stand it if anything happens to her special snowflake

Okay, I agree, snakes are good for transmutation stuff.

I just Fucking hate dog lovers in general. Ohhhhhhh loom at my little baby its ok he's friendly a hahaha loom at these pictures of us in Mexico IT'S A FUCKING PET NOT A HUMAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Seriously, cat owners are never this retarded

My character has a special connection with crabs.

Wut.
Half of that was gibberish.
The other half felt disconnected.
You're not even replying to anyone, you're just sorta screaming out.
Wut.

Auto correct turned look into loom, and yes I am indeed just screaming at nothing

Well just go ahead and calm down. Everyone has their passion. Leave them to it. No need to scream at nothing.
It doesn't do anything anyway.

That ... that image. That thing is crystal fucking autism.

I actually want to know what happened after. It looks hilarious.

What happened afterwards in the image? It looks like it had a hilarious ending.

Blue name guy was mauled by a pack of wolves and a guy dressed as a wolf.

Honestly I don't know. Furry McNiceGuy probably just spent the rest of Junior year glaring angrily at the dude.

Unfortunately, the story didn't have any conclusion as the guy who posted it was found torn to pieces in a forest twelve days later. Probably a rabid dogs attack.

>Top tier: Magpies
>Shit tier: Ravens
Don't try to hide it, you're clearly a magpie.

Almost assuredly nothing. That wolflord wouldn't have the balls to do anything if he was ever not in front of a computer screen.

>>Ranger has a Red Panda which she and the GM just stat as a wolf
>Ailurids
>Wolf stats
Okay, that part pisses me off the most. Red Pandas are members of Ailuridae, and their closest relatives are Procyonids, Raccoons and Coatis. She share a similiar body plan and niches as the Procyonids, and even used to be in the same Family before gnetic data and chemical analysis resulted in them being seperated.

Tell that bitch her fursona is a overhyped raccoon, and to deal with it.

FFFFFUCKING FURRIES
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK YOU

Why so angry and reeee
ooooooooooooooooooh
Nice meme bro.

My character has a special connection with seagulls.
He's a druid but instead of summoning or turning into giant eagles or vultures, its always seagulls. ALWAYS.

AND LEARN TO FLY AGAIN

what about elks?
And seagulls.

>My character has a special connection with wolves.

He has perfected the perfect blend of herbs and spices as well as the preparation method for Wolf meat.

Wolves that once belonged to autists seem particularly tasty.

>wolves hunt in packs arisen

this is my spirit animal
is it ok?