Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tau Were Never A Federation edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. IT'S IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON, DON'T FUCKING ASK FOR IT.
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (insert joke)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8MAwaFVdk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=30B1UmJ5AFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm supporting this thread because digits

first with a question

If you could ask the god emperor of mankind any one thing what would it be?

"Dude, why do you just sit around all day? We never hang out anymore."

fourth for brother of darkness

Plastic SoB

Feedback appreciated.

not enough renegade knights.

not enough bikers

Add a riptide wing

For when Night Lords aren't quite enough edge.

You know this to be completely true Veeky Forums.

>Except there is no Omegon tank.

Shame the Robute tank is no longer around because the technology to make such a wondrous tank was lost.

Should I magnetise my razorback turret and predator?

How hard are these to do without greenstuff?

>here we see a rare picture of the Curze

I'd certainly dig an EC sniper tank

So everyone knows Aeldari hate making wraith constructs because it's disrespectful necromancy. But what about the wraiths themselves? Are they indifferent, glad to be of use to their still-living brethren, or resentful? I know Wraithblades are always fucking pissed, but I forget the reason, and Lords are generally cool guys that Eldar treat a lot like Dreadnoughts, that's to say, seeking their counsel in times of battle.

I'd replace Zagstruk and the Stormboyz with two units of two rokkit koptaz and a painboy on a bike.

Looks dead killy.

night lords are edgier than the brotherhood though, maybe that's why they split from the NL. "wearing human skin for a mask? I hate imperials too but come on what the fuck"

they don't really have much fluff, the worst thing I can find about them is that they killed everybody at an astronomicon relay station and burned the astropaths alive. as far as 40k evil goes that's like 1/10 on the edgy scale, hell even loyalist marines pull stunts like that.

I'd imagine it is a bit similar to Dreagnoughts, though without the hypno indoctrination that marines usually get.

Thus, most Wraith constructs are probably selected from the fallen Eldar who are most likely to still want to serve on the field of battle, though most often they'll all just be wanting to rest. Some constructs may be more hesitant or angry about it, as many of them would have just been random militia who weren't really prepared to die, or to be called into service yet again

In the old Fluff, humanity was responsbile for the first 3 chaos gods.

Wraithlords and more are honored warriors like autarchs and such

You mean they aren't now? Where did they come from then?

>Eldar treat a lot like Dreadnoughts
That's because they are dreadnoughts ya whipper snappers!

The new fluff doesn't specify anymore from memory. It seems to imply they just "showed up", but weren't specifically caused by humanity.

Maybe once, but their fluff has come in leaps and bounds since they used that name. I'd say they are unique concepts from one another these days.

>I'd say they are unique concepts from one another these days.
They are still both mechanical bodies so that revered ancient warriors can continue to fight beyond death.

Wraithlords are still dreadnoughts, Aeldari are still Eldar. It's just a new name to make the universe seem less generic.

Same reason guardians don't use lasguns anymore, and Orks dont all have bolters and bolt pistols anymore.

IIRC in the old fluff Khorne came about during the mongol invasions or something, Nurgle the black plague, I forget when the other two came about

Pretty sure Tzeentch was the renaissance by that one, and Slaanesh was always Eldar.

You're right, but what I want to know is the new fluff so I can ignore it but at least be aware of it

but where did malal come from

Contrarian hipsters

Why are there no female Custodes?
Was the emperor gay? He could have created a personal bodyguard of sexy giant amazons.

Not sure if this is the thread to complain about this, but can anyone tell me what the hell is up with pic related?

I haven't been keeping up with the game much since the first gameplay they showed up. But I was checking out the DoW III website and saw this shit. The final design is mostly okay (I dislike how they pretty much gave him a claw to have the obligatory MOBA hook character); but this concept art really made me scratch my head.

I also heard from an user that they were basing shit on the C.S Goto novels too, but he wasn't specific. Like should I be worried or something?

gangs of commorragh is so fucking cool holy shit

Nowhere. He was and wasn't.

Nigga he had the Sisters of Silence. That's like a harem of anti-psykers who instinctively make everyone but himself dislike them.

Not that user, but it's basically the same thing except not humanity specific. Khorne was born from the first murder (just not the first human murder, that's the Daemon in Abaddon's sword now). and Nurgle was probably birthed from a massive plague (just not the Black Plague now). No idea about Tzeentch though.

Timeframe wise, we just know that they came into being, or at least sentience, sometime after the War of Heaven, and (obviously) before the Fall of the Eldar.

>Nigga he had the Sisters of Silence.

What this user said.

Not to mention they, in contrast to literally everybody else, just saw him as a normal human being due to their whole null thing. Everyone saw him as some golden glowing god-like figure, while they didn't see any of that and just followed him as a human leader. Something he probably appreciated.

>Nigga he had the Sisters of Silence.
They are not the same thing. They weren't his bodyguards, they weren't standing guard in his bedchambers like the Custodes.
Also, what makes you think the emperor was completely immune to the discomfort they caused in psykers?

Lastly, bald girls are ugly.

New player. I have these models unbuilt. (besides one dread and one tacquad from black reach which are set in equipiment)

What would you change or add?

The vehicles are the main thing im worried about along with special weapons with tac squads.

I will try to magnetise vehicles and special weapons as best I can. Razorback in particular and sponsons on predator look very annoying to mangetise though.

So with the continuation of Gathering Storm, what other faction character trios will we see?
>Silent King, Void Dragon shard, plastic Trazyn?
>Plastic Abbadon, Typhus, and Lucius?
>A totally-not-Sara-Kerrigan for Tyranids?

Any way i could effectively take more than one silent sister formation?

Didn't John Grammaticus see beneath the Emperor's glamours and get freaked out?

It seems unlikely that all the Sisters saw the Emperor as he truly was. There's already precedence for sufficiently strong psykers overpowering blanks (Eisenhorn trilogy), and the Emperor is a pretty strong psyker.

>this
>ugly

SHE'S CUTE

CUUUUUUUUUTE

Yes, looks like Abaddon.
You are supposed to shave down there, not your head reeeeeeeee...

>Any way i could effectively take more than one silent sister formation?
By taking two? What are you playing ITC?

Why do people keep saying the Necrons and Tau Empire are going to become allies?

>Yes, looks like Abaddon.

How do blind people use the internet?

Shitposting.

Ive had a funny theory about the silent sisters recently. I think the emperor did in fact put them next to him to guard him but also to nulify his sense to the warp. I suspect he used them to shut his mind off from distractions so he could focus on the webway. I think he also demanded they shave their heads and take a vow of silence to remind him of the tribal women he grew up with.

I've got a pretty intense debate going on, and I was wondering what everyone's take on it was:

Suppose you have a unit blessed with Foreboding (they gain counter attack and can fire overwatch at full BS). They get charged by a unit that has invisibility (a unit that targets this unit must fire snapshots, and in combat they can only hit on 6s).

What BS would the unit with Foreboding fire overwatch with?

Active player decides which power gets applied first. So the one charging.

>It seems unlikely that all the Sisters saw the Emperor as he truly was

You could be right, I was mostly using one scene from Master of Mankind as backing for my view. Since it briefly showed a scene from their perspective, and all they saw was a man in pain (because he was on the Golden Throne), while everyone else just saw a majestic glowing light.

>How do blind people use the internet?
I have a browser plugin uses text to speech

Just because magnets are the preferred method of modularization doesn't mean it's the only viable way. If you do use magnets, consider using smaller magnets embeded into shallow holes drilled in the back of the sponsons. Then just use a large, powerful magnet on the inside wall of the rhino and rely on the big magnets' larger magnetic field to pull the sponsons on though the thin plastic.

Their full ballistic skill. They are still firing snap shots, just snap shots at a ballistic skill higher than 1.

It's mostly shitposting, the Necrons would probably see them as infestations in their Empire like they do with everybody else.

I mean it isn't impossible, they would be willing to team up like they did with the Blood Angels in the face of shit like Tyranids. But having a full on race team up is retarded. Especially since the Necrons are as fragmented as they are right now.

Though I would be fine with seeing Farsight work with a Necron force. That makes much more sense since he is more aware of the fucked up nature of the galaxy (specifically Chaos) than the rest of the Tau.

I just noticed
where is the Genestealer cults codex in the mega?

>having a full on race team up is retarded
An Imperium-Eldar superfriends narrative is retarded, but it's still happened.

>Allies are Come the Apocalypse for a reason, but the Apocalypse has Come

Its infiltrating but cant assault this turn.

nevermind, I found it but it's a fucking epub, who the fuck uses epubs?

>who the fuck uses epubs?

Everyone.

Games Workshop.

So my friend is downsizing and her husband offloaded a Citadel crate full of orkz and bitz.

Pic related, it's the fifty-odd boyz/nobz, six or seven bikes and the handful of meganobz that can stand on their own at the moment.

There's some stuff I can bash together into battlewagons or trukks too, probably.

None of this is worth shit because nobody is buying orkz in this edition for some reason, so how the fuck do I play orkz?

>inb4 melee race I2

Oh yeah it's mostly unpainted and half-assembled if that wasn't obvious. And yes that's my unmade bed it's sitting on because I'm a slob.

>all of that shit is unpainted
Sadness

Anyway spam warbikes and take a look in IA8.

pdf is better for computers, epub is for tablet niggers

Trying to plan an armored list with my imperial fists to mix things up. How's this for a 1250 pt anvil detatchment?

I know right? He's got a tau army he's holding onto that looks gorgeous but he just bought it and sat on it for a couple of years because he couldn't find the time. Feels bad man.

Pic related's one of about eight boyz that have a lick of colour on them.

>but this concept art really made me scratch my head.

The point of Concept Art isn't to try and nail the final design in one go. Each of those drawings wasn't an idea of what Gorgutz *should* look like, but an idea of what he *could* look like. A concept artist will hammer out as many different possibilities as they can come up with which fit the brief they've been given, and those designs will be passed up the chain to someone who'll make a decision. Often there'll be several iterations of this process, where the higher-ups will say "give us another round, but using the arms from picture 1, the legs from 3, and the head from 6" or whatever. And you slowly evolve the design from there.

Anyone else planning to make an army of these guys?

Depends on the rules

Do you know how many phone posting millennial newfags there are these days?

I've been playing mixed Craftworld/Dark Eldar superfriends armies ever since Allies were formally introduced to the rules. But I sure as hell ain't gonna repaint all my Kabal and Craftworld models.

>No plastic incubi

Doubt I'll make an army, but I'll certainly give it a shot with the minis I already have.

Maybe. I've already got a pretty heavily mixed Eldar force, so this might be what I'm looking for.

is there a world eaters (post-heresy) painting guide anywhere?

Do they have something to do with Craftworld Altansar?

Step 1. Paint red.

Step 2. Cover in Blood for the Blood God

Step 3. ???

Step 4. Profit!

Start with the preheresy theme. Then layer on blood effects until you cant see the blue.

Nah, they're a darker red. They match the Visarch.

Check Duncan's Blood Angels tac marine guide, although you might want to move a few shades brighter red.

I don't know of one. Request one on their facebook page. Request post heresy WE marine or maybe kharn specifically.

I'd use these.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8MAwaFVdk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=30B1UmJ5AFc

It's not retarded, it's logical.
The Eldar may be cunts, but they don't want to destroy the galaxy.

r8nh8 my 'when will the suffering of this meta end' list

Canticles of the Archmagos count would start at 5. Can give the Knights 5++ on the exposed arcs, or IWNDx2 if I go second and take damage for example.

Cohort has Fearless, Special Not!SplitFire, better Protocols, IWND from he Land Relic, and Cawl with all his gubbins, making the unit and especially Cawl nigh unkillable. Plenty of AP3 and dakka for all sorts of synergy, plus the annihilator and cawls laser for AT.

Inquisitor detachment is for skulls, scoring fodder, and potentially free orbital strike or more infiltrator hate.

I was restarting corsairs. I have about 1850 of them I converted from my DE. I'm going to wait on any FW purchases until I see the rules for them.

Could go either way.

>how do we sell all this shit no one uses?

The updated Mega died.

I mean, yes? Making products more appealing so people buy it is business 101. Why criticise?

I'll be thrilled if they give me a reason to use my Wyches.

>This is a bad thing
We do need to see some plastic Incubi though.

Even if they don't buff them, Ynnari get more owerful if Eldar die near them, so sacificial units would be useful.

That doesn't mean you want to outright waste points though. That just makes MSU more beneficial and favors taking more aggressive squads, like Melta Storm guardians rather than normal Guardians with a long range turret.

I mean, there are a good number of models I absolutely love but don't use because the rules are shit. So I would actually like it if they had that attitude.

True, but KDK have a similar mechanic, and you see sacrificial squads there.

>only uses models with good rules
>I hope they make busted formations for shit units
>not just using your favorite models even if they suck
Faggots like you are ruining the game.

Altansar does get mentioned I believe, but I don't think the color scheme has to do with them.

They just copy the Visarch guy, who we still don't know who is is. Other than the fact that the Incubi and Aspect Warriors respect him a great deal.

>tfw when i play ulthwe guardians