Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Riptides vs Warp Spiders edition

Old fight >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. IT'S IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON, SO YOU CAN ASK US FOR IT AND PROVE YOU DON'T READ OP
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Join us for a round of "Whose Book is it Anyway?" with your host, the Drukhari)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Mix nuln oil with carroburg duh

A secondary thinned drakenhof wash is pretty nice on demon skin too

support this general as the one true general

So how does this list look for casual play? I'm playing against necrons tomorrow.

>casual
>super heavy

I hope this is fucking agreed upon

other OP here, support whichever. Other general has an updated OP. This general has Previous Thread and still dead mega.

Yeah he said it was cool. Especially due to him having the ability to glance it on a 6 with most units he has.

Nobody will ever play against my Lord of Skulls :'(

Can anyone tell me if "The Hero's Path" is good?

Isn't it super overcosted tho? I mean if your playing even a 3000pt game its almost 1/3 of your damn list

>whining about a Knight Errant of all superheavies, at 2000 fucking points
You should be complaining about Celestine more than anything else there. That list is fine.

It's pretty good. Source: my experience using it

/40kg/, what's the most viable way of playing mono-Slaanesh Daemons?

Did Dawn of War III make the Morkanaut great?

>Company Command Squad Veterans can get Carapace Armor
>Regular Veterans cannot
What is the reasoning here?

I tried out Celestine yesterday against Tau and lost but she didnt take more than 2 wounds the whole game. Slaughted a bunch of breacher squads.

They can take an upgrade called "grenadiers" where they get a 4+ Armor. Even in the CCS they can take it for 2pts per model.

Starting our master's league in 2 weeks - thinking of using the attached list. I've got everything except for the Archon and the Crimson Hunter so it's basically ready - plenty of time to convert up a rad Archon and at least 3 color a flyer.

>
Spaced out, but yeah the Assault Squad would trade its jump packs for a free Drop Pod. Was just the easiest way to get the right points cost in the roster creator. I was trying to stay away from Razorbacks but I suppose I might have to get them.

>The squad can choose any of the following doctrines:
>- Grenadiers: The squad replaces its flak armour with carapace armour..........15 pts

Wearing nothing but safety clips through sensitive areas of flesh and crocodile clips on your nipples.

>you guys shouldn't be whining about this and that you should be complaining about THIS, THIS is the real cheese
>THIS still loses to Tau

It's okay though Tau are fine and we should all stop whining about them.

>Isn't it super overcosted tho

N-no

Hello, I am retarded, please put me down so the gene pool is protected.

Now I can use these Scions as placeholders until I get more Scion torsos for the carapace armor.

Thoughts on this Salamanders list? Going up against Space Wolves.

Librarian - 65
5 man tactical squad, flamer, combi flamer, drop pod - 120
5 man tactical squad, flamer, combi flamer, drop pod - 120
Dreadnought, multi melta, heavy flamer, drop pod - 145
Land speeder, assault cannon, heavy bolter - 65
Land speeder, assault cannon, heavy bolter - 65

25 points leftover. Do I make my libby ML2, or put it elsewhere?

Anyone ever think of special scenarios?

I thought of one today.
Limited supplies:
each unit on the table can only make 3 shooting attacks(including overwatch) with every weapon they have. There are 3 objectives on the center line of the table, starting on turn 2, holding 1objective for one turn gives the squad holding it an additional shooting attack. A player wins by having more points left on the table than the other player. Summoned units do not count for the tally. The game last 6 turns with a possible seventh on a 4+ roll

So I got the triumvirate box today but didn't quite find the text that explains which armies these HQs can be played with
I'm considering taking Celestine as an HQ choice for a siege assault vanguard army
Is this possible and is it a good idea?

Does any of you anons happen to carry an e-book of Carcharodons: The Red Tithe? I'd like to see these pesky sharks crushed, but I don't seem to ever find it within the outdated books folder.

Ive never run an armored marine list before with my fists but I'm playing with the idea. How's this for a 1250 pt anvil detatchment? All I'd need to buy would be 1 vindicator, 1 whirlwind, 1 predator, and some razorback asscans.

KoS
Heavy support full of daemon princes and soul grinders
Lots of psyker level 2 heralds summoning and spamming shrieks.
Lots of daemonettes, whole swarms of them.
Maybe a second keeper?

Its in the Fall of Cadia book. You can take any of them in a CAD or Allied detachment of any Imperium force.

It's in the actual book. And no, Celestine can't be taken in formations, only an Imperial CAD or AD.

Seems interesting, though it could be kind of weird fluff-wise with certain weapons. It also might heavily favor armies like Chaos Daemons where their shooting is mostly psychic powers and it's melee aside from that.

Armies like marines where everyone has a pistol along with their main gun and two grenades also come out pretty well.

Hey friends, I'm trying to get this as close to 1000 points as possible, any suggestions?

is martian base guy here? I just bought two bottles of the new martian ironcrust mixture but now I'm worried...is that the stuff you used that looked super fucking chunky when you first applied it? anybody have any experience with it or should I return it and get martian ironearth instead?

40k end times.is a.meme. confirmed By faceless 40k Facebook drone.

It should look chunky underneath but smooth and wet and slimey on the surface. Like chunks covered in paint. It cracks as it dries. The chunkier you put it on the better it cracks.

>open Fall of Cadia
>control-F End Times
>THESE ARE THE END TIMES

So are they lying to us?

I personally think 2000 points is the acceptable point level to start bringing superheavies, though only the 'fair' (e.g. baneblade variants) and overcosted ones.

Knights feel somewhat too good for their points for me, but a single knight in a 2000 point game shouldn't be game-breaking.

have any pics of your results? I'm nervous about putting it on t h i c c on my models since I won't be able to do a hard reset and paint right over it.

Or:

Librarian - 65
2x 5 man tactical squad, flamer, combi flamer, drop pod - 270
Assault squad, 2 flamers, eviscerator, drop pod - 140
2x Land speeder, assault cannon, heavy bolter - 130

>1k points
>ws 4
>bs 3
>13/13/10
>hp 9
The damage it can do is impressive but it makes me wonder if I could kill it turn one with my plasma BLITZ command squad.

>9 plasma shots
>8 hit (assuming prescience)
>around 4 pens 1 glance?
>one 6 for an extra d6
Seems unlikely.

>a poetic line of in-universe text means that this release is exactly equivalent to the End Times series in WHFB
No, you're just retarded.

man once the points levels of a unit go over 300 GW's ideas of cost just go completely black eyed peas song

Please tell me you mean on your bases and not literally on your models

>THESE ARE THE END TIMES

>So are they lying to us?

have you ever read any of the BRB's once? They say that shit all the fucking time

Demonic possession is fucking retarded. The fact that there's a point value associated with it is even more retarded.

>i can ignore shaken stunned on a 2+!
>oh shit I lost my lord and missed my shots

If you read the first letter of each line in the opening page it spells ARCHAEON EVERCHOSEN GRAND MARSHAL OF CHAOS. That can't be a coincidence

>poetic

END TIMES has been repeated some many times in FoC and other 8th edition releases. Who are you trying to fool? They say it's not End Times but they say it's the End Times? Who do we believe? You? No, you have an agenda. You are probably a shill and a Carnac too.

Knights are like 400 pts for a model with 6 HP and only an invuln save on one side. Apart from their ability to D in close combat they are literally worse than Riptides for over twice the points. People who complain about knights in 2017 are just fucking bad at this game.

FW knights in their crazy formations may be another story but we're not talking about those.

Actually not so bad here since Apoc blast and hellstorm are hard to miss with

Are you putting it on tank tracks or something? Why would you be scared of putting it on your base. Just slop it on there. If you spread texture paint thin on a base it won't even cover well and the crackle types won't even crackle and you're just going to have to go back and do more layers. I know this from experience. Two layers of texture paint looks a lot better than one thin one. This is why you should base your shit before attaching the models, then pin the model afterward or leave the footprint unbased with masking putty.

Are Seekers and the chariots not any good?

So it's actually not so bad on a 900 point model.

W O W
O
W

>he literally thinks GW pays shills to go on fucking Veeky Forums
Bruh, they didn't even know social media existed until a few months ago.

And if I were Carnac I'd be aggressively spreading rumours that this is the End Times and everything was getting blown up. Lurk moar you fucking newfag.

Another Wyvern or two, or possibly a third Russ.

Explain AoS threads then.

>mfw if I asked you to post a casual list that didn't shove 10+ melta in every single slot available that was able to beat an all knight army, you wouldn't be able to post shit

If you're at the level where knights aren't worth bitching about, Riptides aren't that much worse. Knights still steamroll Casual McFaggot running choppa boys without klaws or 5E style marine CAD, no formations, no melta, no grav.

Not that guy, but Seekers are great. They're super cheap points-wise for pretty fast outflanking units.

I would say to pass on Chariots though. They're not that much more deadly and they're kind of flimsy for their cost.

>like to see the sharks crushed
I was going to post a pdf, but nevermind.

Please help me finish this list

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105

Strike Battery: Wyverns: 110
3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons, Lascannon: 480
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Void Shield Generator 50

Allies: Death Guard Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord on bike: MoN, The Black Mace: 145

10 Cultists: MoN: 70

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Power Axe, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Meltabombs: 242

AoS has grown in popularity since General's Compendium?

More importantly I can tell you from personal experience and 7 years of employment at GW that GW isn't paying anyone to 'shill' online.

LOYAHLEEST user, DO I HAVE TO REMIND YOU WHAT WILL BECOME OF YOUR CARCASS ONCE THE NIGHT LORDS LEGION IS DONE WITH YOU?!

...but please do, I'm dying to read it.

It's completely worthless on the Lord of Skulls. Superheavies are immune to Shaken and Stunned anyway, and it's not a transport so can't even eat models. All it does is justify its BS3.

Currently assembling my Skitarii. Probably a good idea to keep a group of 5 Rangers with 2 Arquebi on hand just in case, right?

Daemonic Possession is areally great examples of what's wrong with GW's design for CSM, Orks, and Tyranids. It's overpriced, comes with multiple drawbacks (one of which can hurt your own guys), and doesn't even always work.

FENRIS SPLODED
CADIA SPLODED
BIEL-TAN SPLODED

WHICH PLANETS ARE GONNA GET BLOWED UP NEXT?

LET'S FIND OUT!

Yeah generally a primary component of a War Convo so its a good idea.

I think this will be it, now if I can figure out where those last 5 points could go...

Yer mothers planet will asplode after fulgrim pays her a visit

>only an invuln save on one side
Which only becomes relevant when the knight is already fucking up your lines. It's difficult to bring down a knight before it has reached your lines and kicked something, all the while firing a pretty powerful weapon or two as he goes. Six hull points is nothing to laugh at without D weapons, even before the 4+ save.

And even then I said bringing a knight was fine.

>7 years of employment at GW

So you just admitted to be a shill?

Slap a heavy stubber on the Eradicator and you're good to go.

Stomp rules are retarded and you should feel bad for defending them.

Some people have no taste and/or never played WHFB and don't care about it so they don't have a point of comparison.

Also look how popular that shitty 1page 40k homebrew thing was that was going around awhile back. Some people really do just want to play a boring shitty rules-lite game.

So I'm messing with a Skitarii/Admech force and I gotta be honest, I really like the idea of Tempestus Scions and deep striking. Love me deep striking. Would is be wholly bizarre to fit, say, a Hellrain Formation in my list? Fluffy at all? Should I convert them to look like Skitarii too? Are they an unnecessary addition? Would, say, a Holy Requisitioner work for the same purpose?
Maybe with Cawl.

This is when I regret not magnetizing every single option on the first Leman Russ I built.

Guess I'll just have to buy two more instead of one more.

Fenris didn't get exploded. Some random planet in the system that nobody had ever heard of and that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things got destroyed.

Holy crap, it's actually true.

I don't still work there - worked for GW from 06-13.

Pretty much. Dreadclaws eat entire Hellbrutes? What the shit?

Even with TL, I can't help but feel using a 30k list would represent CSM better.

Should I drop the 3rd blob of zombies and meltabombs for two more wyverns?

P I C S
I
C
S

Fluff-wise I figured it's been an extended engagement for both sides or ill prepared scouting party facing a suprised force that just woke up. Nids have eaten everything and don't have the biomass left to produce enough ammo, daemons are cut off from the warp do to the ebb of a warp storm.

Running a list that can't kill a moderately armoured vehicle isn't "casual", it's just bad. By your argument a Land Raider is OP because it cannot die to slugga boys. I roll Knights with TAC lists all the time, and we aren't talking about all-Knight lists, we were talking about a single Knight.

>1page 40k

I haven't gotten to play it, but I like the thought of it a hell of a lot more than the convoluted mess that is the current 40k rules.

Well, I meant in the sense that there are weapons that are literally a melee weapon swung or thrown from a distance, like singing spears or the various daemon lashes

daemonic possession has 1 okay use: vindicators. since the BS3 doesn't hurt a large blast as bad and there are no models embarked on it anyway, it actually makes CSM vindicators a bit more reliable, since with loyalists all you have to do is 1 pen to make their vindis useless. but

>15 points upgrade
>have to roll a 2+

it's still too expensive, and for those damn points you'd think it would just autopass to avoid crew stunned/shaken. I'm also kinda glad the forgefiend has possession. sure, BS3 on a volume of fire platform sucks mega dicks, but the having DP + being a walker means it's almost never going to have a problem shooting. it can always move into LoS and usually won't be stunned. that is the main reason I take a forgefiend over a laspred. it's too expensive but at least it's not stationary

And that is why we have AoS threads.

Why do people say 40k is bloated? its the perfect size and can represent various units in interesting ways, it just needs balancing and a TINY amout of fat trimmed

Just look for yourself, I'm definitely not a liar.

:^)

PSYCHIC PHASE BACK TO 6E ITERATION WHEEEEEEEEN

Fenris is in standard post major invasion shithole status.

Biel tan is retconned into a cluster of ships that's been split into a fleet.

Both are melodramatic, but ultimately meaningless. The big problem is they nuked the iconic guard planet entirely, for what is, if this isn't end times as they just confirmed, a firework show on the way to Abaddon team rocketing again.

And when he gets his face stomped back into his hole, the narration will explain that was EXACTLY HIS PLAN and he ACHIEVED HIS TRUE OBJECTIVE, PREPARING FOR THE 14TH AND FINAL CRUSADE

why would anybody who doesn't have a major interest in GW (like a top stockholder) shill for them? most retail employees probably have PTSD from working there and spend their off time sabotaging the company's interests in a fit of self destructive psychosis

No. It needs a LOT of stupid fat trimmed and it needs depth added back into the core. The scale is a mess for the size of units they are trying to bring in now, too, even before talking about Super-Heavies just look at how ridiculous parking lot lists with a lot of tanks and vehicles look on a 4'x6' board.

You haven't play a lot of other games have you?

Hey yall, anyone know what's some good brushes to use and where to get them?

>welcome to the worthless superheavy club

When you pick up your 6th edition rulebook and ask your opponent if you can play with these rules instead.

Good luck remembering the minute but important details between 6th and 7th aside from psychic powers, though.