Wizards of the Coast is offering you one THOUSAND dollars to come up with a new color for Magic the Gathering

Wizards of the Coast is offering you one THOUSAND dollars to come up with a new color for Magic the Gathering.

What color is it? What types of lands does it use, and what is its theme?

Octarine

They're just yugioh cards

Pink
Talking horses.

>one THOUSAND dollars
I'm gonna blatantly rip couple dead card games for this, some of which WotC might have owned, and mix up the ideas. Can't expect better than that for that sort of money.

One thousand? Other Blue. Isles and Atolls

Offer me more money and I'll give you a better effort.

Rainbow
Gay

Purple, bitch.

It's just psychic type Pokemon.

>gray, like the shades of life.
> depression and suicide.
> a bridge, a cliff, a tree, and a basement.

It will suite mtg players.

Wizards of the Coast has upped the ante to one QUINTILLION dollars now. Do you have any new ideas?

Why not hire a new R&D department for a new game?

Better yet, you can't see the cards unless you were born with a wizard. They can just ship empty boxes and some nerds won't admit they can't see the cards!

How do depression and suicide translated into viable game mechanics?

The creatures attack their controller

Burn which targets self

Discard own hand, mill own deck

Spells which make you lose the game, but have some powerful effect.

Example:

EDH dick move (greygrey4)
INstant-split second
Each player removes half of their mana-producing permenants from the game, rounded up.
You lose the game.

Flavor text: Bet you didn't see that coming fuckhead

Effects which actively make you lose the game

give creatures depression counters if they have more then say 4 they are removed from game

One thousand dollars is a little cheap to totally ruin a game I like.
So I'd make a "sixth color" that works like snow mana and only exists in the current block.

Yeah but why would I pick Grey if it just makes me lose the game?!

I wouldn't make a new colour.

I'd make a brand new colour that exists as a base of one colour, with the foil in a different colour. Think those 2 tone fancy cars from like need for speed. Their casting cost can only be paid with a "warp" land that is tapped in addition to their regular colour to enable their shenanigans.

Don't know if MTG has it, but are there ways to give cards to your opponents?
Basically:
>draw insta-lose card
>transfer it to enemy
>force enemy to play it
>????
>profit

plaid

You could make Grey land cities and civilizations.

I actually kinda like this.

Dragging people down into your depression.

Wait.
Wait for it.
I got this idea.
Its going to be HUGE.
Colourless

Demonic Pact + Harmless Offering
Also Shared Fate

New color: purple

Land Type: Boundary

Gimmick: Chaos Magic. Take away the coin flips from red and the weird, gimmicky experimental shit from blue. Add in some denial from white.

Purple is the color of chance, or risk vs reward, and of alternate janky win conditions.

Examples of purple mechanics include:

Changing the card type of a card (for example, turning a creature into an enchantment and making it lose the creature type. It no long counts as a creature, and cannot attack or defend, but activated abilities and card effects are still in play. Effectively destroys a bland creature, or can be used to 'protect' a creature with an effect you want to keep from things that affect creatures like removal or board wipes).

Flipping cards over, combined with cards that change what flipped over cards are. (turn someones creatures over so they become generic 2/2s instead of what they were before, and then play an artifact that says any face down card is a clue token instead of a 2/2.)

Creatures that flip a coin when they attack or defend, and get a bonus of some kind if they win the flip.

On each players upkeep, that player flips a coin. On a heads, no one (not even them) can cast spells during their first main this turn. On a tails, can can cast spells on their second main this turn.

Hooloovoo. As a super intelligent color, it decides to do better things with its time and plays professional poker

Bitch is you serious? Even if I didn't have better things to do with my time, I'm not gonna make myself the Matt Ward of M:tG for a lousy thousand bucks.

That's just a super intelligent shade of blue.

Purple
Urban/City/Metropolis
It would take a bit of Blue's portfolio and generally center around mill, tapping/untapping, and card draws. Blue would maintain permissions, creature stealing, and other traditional effects. Creature-wise, it would take a touch of Red and focus on cheap weak creatures, though Red would maintain haste-and-sacrifice and Purple wouldn't have too many token generators.

Purple. It uses caverns and is focused around exausting one thing to build another. Thematically it emphasizes focued, steady long term effort and mechanically tends towards cheap cards that come into play weak but build themselves or each other up over time. Auras and [absolute madman]equipments [/absolute madman] would feature heavily.

I decline the vast fortunes they offer me, because the five-color pie works well enough and provides two ally colors and two enemy colors. A sixth color throws everything off.

Now if you wanted to add two more colors, that might be doable. But it's going to cost them TWO thousand dollars.

Yellow

Piss forest

Actual negative land cards.

They are already in place during the set up phase, and have a counter.

Once used, they deduct 1 point of life due to use and get one counter removed. If the land has no more counters on it, then it passes to the next enemy player.