If you were wealthy enough to not have to worry about money and had a lot of free time...

If you were wealthy enough to not have to worry about money and had a lot of free time, would you prepare meals for your group that match what their characters are eating that session? Roasted chicken, potatoes, and beets with a pint of beer when they stay in a tavern. Hardtack, jerky, nuts, and dried applss when they're on the road. Fine wine, steak, and rich deserts when they dine with nobility. Etc.

I love to cook and this is a bit of a dream of mine.

>That feel when broke college student

No, I'd spend the time preparing the adventure and getting ready for the session instead of wasting it on gimmicks.

But if that's your dream good for you. How I do things isn't th only way to do things and whatever makes you and your group happiest is best. Good luck with your dream.

A fellow poor college student.

No. I'd get bigger house, adopted cute pet (the /d/ kind), and become patent inventor.

That's the main reason I don't do it now, because I'd consider the meal not worth it unless I had time to prepare out the ass for the session as well.

>If you were wealthy enough to not have to worry about money and had a lot of free time

Fuck that I'd buy my own machine shop, a house, and land to peace the fuck out on.

Not on the regular, but maybe once every 3 months, an 8 hour long session for my group. That in addition to everything else you could do while rich, like specialized rroom, table, atmospheric music, sound effects, jesus have a different fucking hat for every NPC.

>Not spending most of your time on D&D and art projects

user...

>Machining isn't art.

Honestly not familiar with the term.

Allow me to point something out.
Adventuring is a difficult life.
Adventurers (unless they got holy reasons, in which case they ain't no rich dude) want to retire once they got their wealth.
If this happened, your character would retire.
I got that much money?
Alright cool, not risking my life against beings that unravel reality while doing everything to kill me.

I think that would be so cool. I'd kick in money each session if the DM did stuff like that (right now we all trade off ordering pizza).

Even something as simple as a cheese and meat plate with some bread rolls and olives sets my mouth watering.

>How to spot a broke student?
>He talks about food

Still, I DO prepare meals for my players, as this allows us all to play for roughtly 2 hours more, as we eat together and at my place, meaning it's much easier to organise games.

No, I would still have bigger priorities for game preparation. However, if I truly, genuinely was wealthy enough that I could do basically whatever I wanted, I might *hire* a chef for a one-time event, like the player characters being invited to a king's/noble's feast.

>Hardtack, jerky, nuts, and dried applss when they're on the road.
Eat nothing but MREs for a week and then come back if you still think it's a good idea.

It's simple.

>Present food to players wrapped in cheesecloth packs and tied up with string
>Give them Civil War reenactor's mess kits for utensils
>Stick hotplate in the center of the table along with a pot of water and a pan with some beef suet
>Advise them to boil their jerky and apples into a stew
>They can either break up their hardtack in the stew, or break it up and mix with water and apples, then fry into dumplings

Also it's not like I'm gonna force them to eat it or even serve that more than a couple times per campaign.

>Missing point this fucking hard
Not even him, but you seriously are out of touch with the world around you, son.

Apparently, I have no clue what point I missed.

I also don't know what his point was.

But like, it's possible to do all of these in one session? Start in a tavern over dinner, travel for a few days in universe, on your way with nobles in the capital city. How many meals are you going to make your players eat back to back?

>"After sleeping in until nearly noon, you wake up famished. The farmers who've been providing you with food and beds are out of meat from the feat they prepared for you last night, and have prepared you a large breakfast of eggs from their extensive chicken coups!"
>brings out huge bowl of hard boiled eggs from the kitchen
>"But, user, please, you just made us finish an entire ham, and a week's worth of hardtack and berries before that, we can't eat anymore!"
>"YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE EGGS"

That only makes you less viable to speak up.

And it's not that hard to google about MRE rations if you have no experience with those yourself.

>run sci-fi games
>never have this problem
>sort of wish I did
why did you do this to me

Please explain me how eating during play is even allowed

Serve your players with MRE and kissel

I know what a mre is. I just don't get your point. It would only per session anyway.

Intermittent breaks and mandatory hand-washing.

>Serve them the toilet obliterator
I appreciate the thought, though.

So you are telling me you are serving your players a dinner or similar type of food in the middle of gameplay, thus making sure all the blood in their body that can be moved will be moved to liver to accelerate digestion, in turn depraving brain from excess blood... in short, you want to get your players lazy and sleepy?

Hey, you wanted futuristic food. Nobody said it has to be tasty or healthy

This is the true food of the future, and good news! It's been served to players before.

I still want that recipe.

No, because my brother would.

>This shit again

Last time it was funny it was 2015

>running cyberpunk campaign
No thanks, I'm not looking to serve my players bad Chinese food and hot dogs sold from the back of a truck

>Not taking cyberpunk as a challenge to create the streetfood of the future

Nope. One meal a session halfway through.

>Having a strong urge to get cancer
How about no?