mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

> Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

> /5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

> 5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

> Previous thread
So the artificer has been out for a few weeks now. Anyone had any experience with it? Pros? Cons? What are the simplest changes WotC could make to make it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/vDFsRg2
dmsguild.com/product/195699/Ravenloft-Bestiary--Monsters-of-the-Dread-Domain?sorttest=true&filters=0_45507_0_0_0_0_0_0
media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA Non-Divine Faithful SFG.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> discord server
Delete this

discord.gg/vDFsRg2

You have the wrong discord, but I forgive you. Just start using the right one so no one is confused about which is the official one.

I'm in two games with artificer alchemists, both at 5th level now. One is having a decent time with it, using thunderstone often, but the other is bored because it's basically a warlock-type "spam at-will with a few tricks per rest" class, but even more focused than the warlock due to the nature of its subclasses.

So
Warlock and Sorcerer
How to bring them up to par with wizard?

Why is the mariner fighting style just better than the defense fighting style?

So this is every thread now, huh.

Because Dex is a more useful stat than Strength unless you're the Ultratank Eldritch Knight build that wants Heavy Armor Master.

You are one pathetic shitstain.

All OPs, fucking delete the discord links. It only promotes shitflinging and shitposting.
If you're from the discords, fuck off with your whinging.

Don't. Reduce the wizard to their power.

Fuck off you pathetic piece of shit.

It brings medium armor up to heavy armor but doesn't allow for the use of a shield, while defense can stack with both heavy armor and a shield for ridiculous AC gains.

What is the best thing to do with Mystic's conquering mind?

I'm planing a campaign for the future and was considering implementing these changes for Bladelocks.

Not sure if anything else will get changed but that is what I have for Bladelocks in particular

There's still some problems with that, though it's better than normal.

Consider allowing them to add their warlock level to damage with it instead of their Charisma modifier--that way it starts good and scales well, should keep them on-par with martials and make a solid replacement for EB. It also gives them a reason to stick with warlock instead of multiclassing (though it would still be good with, say, paladin or sorcerer).

It may also be good to add a little more defense or mobility, since if they get into melee they're still squishy and MAD. Medium armor and shield proficiency might help, or you could give them +2 AC while wielding their pact weapon and in light armor.

What are the best rituals to pick up and is fly or counterspell a better choice on a warlock?

Counterspell is just always a good choice.

That's what I was thinking, especially since I can pick up investiture of wind in a level or two.

Still throwing a hissyfit that you got banned over your pathetic doxxing/private army requests, huh? Fuck off and stop lurking our generals like some kid throwing a temper tantrum. Faggot.

Wouldn't that just make bladelocks objectively better than barbarians in terms of damage? You'd be doing way more than rage damage past 5th level and you'd have spells to increase your damage and survivability as well as hinder your enemies. Not to mention without charisma scaling on your attacks you could reliably pick mountain dwarf/variant human with moderately armoured to get the same amount of defense, then stack your physical stats without caring for charisma at all since you could just pick up buffs or auto-hit spells like hex and armour of agathys.

With that in mind it goes without saying that giving them automatic medium armour proficiency would just make things worse, and there's no way you could give them effectively a two hander with shield effect in any remotely balanced way. Bladelock isn't exactly ideal, but there's no sense in just making them a barbarian with spells.

Look at the post you just made. Do you not understand why everyone hates you and wants to remove the discord from the OP?

Go. Away. All of you.

You just conflated the shitflinging autist who created Discord 2:Cancer Boogaloo with an user who just wants Discord removed from /5eg/ entirely.

Congratulations, you're retarded. Now all of you discord fuckers

Tbh this discord drama is the funnest part about 5eg. I'm just glad all the right people got banned.

The damage bit is fair. I had forgotten that when I originally did some math on it, I had done "warlock level damage once per turn" with no stacking on extra attack. That way it would work with GFB or BB and you don't always have to do an extra attack. I believe my napkin math put it around or slightly above EB, but still way behind GWM and SS martials, with hex factored in.

Drama is never fun, just tedious.

What would you recommend me for a cunning and trickster character?

That's not true at all. For people invested in the community this is like a soap opera or episode of Jerry Springer. Truly the most exciting thing to happen to 5e in quite a while.

An arcane trickster. Then trickster would be in the name and you could constantly use cunning action.

No, it's just fucking stupid.
Cut the shit.

dmsguild.com/product/195699/Ravenloft-Bestiary--Monsters-of-the-Dread-Domain?sorttest=true&filters=0_45507_0_0_0_0_0_0

Has anyone purchased this?

"the community" isn't 5eg, its a specific subset in a different place, so take it back there. This is two abstractions of meta from D&D 5e

Everyone talked about cha-based shillelagh. But what about Arcane Cleric Wis based shillelagh (via maic initiate)

What is the benefit of arcana cleric specifically? And shillelagh is normally wis-based and can be gotten by anyone with magic initiate.

Monk 1/Arcana Cleric X (Magic Initiate: Druid)

Embrace Wisdom.

The discord server is a cool place for alot of us to hang out and talk about the game with a community that's generally pretty chill. There is no problem with it existing or being here, aside from one faggot who banned for attempting to doxx someone and won't shut up about how his discord is the "official" one now (despite being a hugbox with less than 20 active members).

Point is, the discord link is fine for the other 99.9% of us who aren't faggots.

Wis Based GFB.

The amount of shitposting from the original discord suggests otherwise.

>GFB
What?

Arcana cleric level 8 ability. You add WIS to your cantrip damage.

So GFB or BB shillelagh at that level will do 2d8+WIS+WIS (not including secondary effect), the same as Undying light tomelock.

Green Flame Blade.

What alignment is the least fun to play and why is it chaotic neutral?

You're aware the original discord just wants this thing to die, right? And that all of the shitposting is coming from one guy who's samefagging for attention.

Like seriously, go on the original discord, nobody there is talking about this because we've all decided perpetuating the drama is ban-worthy.

It would be amusing if they didn't act like complete mentally deficient shitstains.

You're still banging on about it when literally no one wants any of the discords here. Fuck off with your drama.

You fucks are shitting up these threads when 5eg is usually a chill thread.

Arcane cleric can steal wizard cantrip, and count it as cleric cantrip.

Arcane cleric get +wis to damage on any cleric cantrip they cast.

The guy already has fucked your name up. And won't stop if discord continues to be posted.
Go promote discord somewhere.

I'm sure you can account for literally everyone in that discord's behavior on this anonymous site. Fuck off, we're all sick of your shit.

>You're aware the original discord just wants this thing to die, right?
You're aware a good portion of us here want all the discord shit to die, right?
Not even that guy, I'm sick of all the discord shit as well.
Familiarity breeds drama, no matter how much you'll deny it.

noice

>Familiarity breeds drama, no matter how much you'll deny it.
Fucking this, why else would you come here?

I think I'd prefer nature cleric with magic initiate (wizard). GFB won't be as good, but you get heavy armor, a familiar, and more damage scaling.

Familiarity breeds children. You're not scared of getting pregnant, are you, user-kun?~

Exactly, most of us are here for the anonymity specifically so things like this don't happen.
Discord and the like always make this happen, which is why Veeky Forums is completely fucked, it's unavoidable.

Until this whole thing happened, I never once saw anyone complain about the discord link being posted in the opening post. Nobody is stopping you from chatting about anything else, here, anonymously.

The only reason this is an issue is because of one person who thrives on the attention their trolling causes, and it's a damn shame that it's working so well.

Who's looking forward to pic related?

I am as fuck. Sunless Citadel was the first D&D module I ever ran and I'd love an updated version with hi-res maps.

Please dear god, let Mike Schley do the maps for YTP.

> level 8
> 20 WIS
> GFB for 2d8+10 to main target, 1d8+5 to second target
> spiritual weapon for 1d8+5 as bonus action, no need to invest in PAM

That is like.. 38 average damage? Pretty low but still better than pure bladelock, considering the fact that cleric has medium armor and shield proficiency.

> Also optional spiritual guardian for 3d8 damage

>The only reason this is an issue is because of one person who thrives on the attention their trolling causes
No, the only reason it's an issue is because of the discord in the first place.
It ALWAYS happens, it's entirely unavoidable.
Look at Veeky Forums.

Again, familiarity breeds drama, no matter how much you'll deny it.

Can you fucking not. Are you that autistic that you can't realize it when we tell you we're all sick of your shit, even by association.

You guys weren't afforded attention because you didn't warrant it and went about your business quietly, now you're all fucking screeching attention seekers.

What would be the ideal classes for Blackadder's Black Seal?

Anything with succubi in it?

>warlock level to damage

WHAT

plz my nigga share what you are smokin

What was Sunless Citadel about, friend?

Fucking Tomb of Horrors? Absolutely.

Sunless Citadel was the first module WotC put out for 3e. It consists of small town called Oakhurst, and a large two-level dungeon called the Sunless Citadel. Oakhurst has a few hooks in it (mysterious figures in the night, livestock disappearing, two local adventuring nobles going missing) that leads you to the Citadel.

Inside is a kobold warren looking for their lost white wyrmling, an elven priest sealed away after becoming part-troll, various corridors filled with traps, a massive goblinoid warren, eventually leading to the evil druid in control of it all, who is manipulating the goblinoids to create blights from the evil Gulthias Tree.

It's the origin of twig blights, as well, which have been expanded in the 5e MM.

You don't add the same modifier twice.
>GFB for 2d8+5 to main target, then 1d8+5 to the second.

There's no such rule in 5e outside of proficiency bonus. If you have features that let you add a modifier more than once, you add it more than once.

> not using arcana domain level 16 feature to spam wish simulacrum of yourself. Then use all of them to spam divine intervention to call down
Your god.

Assuming the established 258 page count for Wizards adventures, they'll only be devoting 36 pages to each adventure (if all things are equal), will they even do these adventures justice?

Am I the only person who hates the Warlock?

It always seems to be a part of the most minmaxed builds, has a habit of attracting edge lords and Bladelocks are the worst thing I've ever had to deal with.

They should never have made one of the core options for a caster be "You get a super cool devil sword". Every time I DM there's always at least one guy who comes up demanding that I use his homebrew fix that's retarded, and then plays a Paladin Warlock multiclass. It's not an original idea, often makes very little sense and very rarely do I get a good explanation for the Paladin levels.

I dunno if it's just my experience but I often have to ask Warlock players to change characters because it's either some op multiclass or is just a bad character in a party dynamic.

>It always seems to be a part of the most minmaxed builds
This has to be bait.

Warlocks are hard to min-max without cross-classing, at least in comparison to other classes like the Macree Fighter build.

That being said, I hate Warlocks because in 9/10 situations, their best course of action every single turn is to spam Eldritch Blast and they might as well be pic-related.

Its a front loaded class, so one of the most common ways to see it is minmaxing fuckholes.

While I understand what you're getting at, that turret is hella cool.

A 2-3 level dip gives you so much.

Can I play the turret?

Are you confusing 5e with pathflounder or ssomething.

Many of those adventures were originally very short, page-count-wise. White Plume Mountain (probably the longest of the lot) was only 18 pages, including maps (and with huge type). Sunless Citadel was 33, including all the maps and introduction stuff. Against the Giants is 36-ish with maps.

They should be able to fit it in fine.

For that matter, what happened to the DMs Guild in the OP? Is there a backup somewhere?

The account that held the DMs Guild and main troves was terminated. I didn't have a Mega backup of the DMs Guild trove like I did the main trove, and interest was so minimal that it wasn't worth reuploading everything.

Oh. Okay.
Still, it'd be great if anyone has that ravenloft monsters thing.

Correcting my post.
The way the spell is written:
>As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must
>make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature
>within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
>On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects,
>and green fire leaps from the target to a different creature
>of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it.
>The second creature takes fire damage equal to your
>spellcasting ability modifier.
>This spell's damage increases when you reach higher
>levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8
>fire damage to the target, and the fire damage to the second
>creature increases to 1d8 +your spellcasting ability
>modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th
>level and 17th level.
Primary target:
1st - nothing
5th - 1d8
11th - 2d8
17th - 3d8
Secondary (leap to) target:
1st - Spellcasting Ability Modifier
5th - 1d8+Spellcasting Ability Modifier
11th - 2d8+Spellcasting Ability Modifier
17th - 3d8+Spellcasting Ability Modifier
Your Spellcasting Ability Modifier only gets added once, and only to the second target. (If it's Wisdom because of the Arcane Cleric and you have 20 Wisdom it's +5)
It could possibly be added more times if there was some kind of class feature but I'm not aware of one.

Weapon attack is 1d8+WIS, because of shillelagh.

>Arcana Domain: Potent Spellcasting
>Starting at 8th level, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

I did some searches for a Sage Advice on it but it's not clear. Potent Spellcasting doesn't have the limitation that the dragon sorc and evocation wizard have, but it's not clear if it gets added to both targets or not.

Weapon attack: 1d8+wis (shillelagh, not counting as cleric cantrip)
GFB primary target: 1d8+wis (arcana domain level 8 feature)
GFB secondary target: 1d8+wis (GFB normal damage)

Is there any non-homebrew way to change the damage type of Eldritch Blast?

Nope.

No.

Can you get int-based Shillelagh as a Wizard?

Nope.

Does anyone actually allow Theurge in their games though? I've never seen any DMs who aren't first-timers allow the class, since it's essentially a wizard who gets access to an entire separate class's spell-list while retaining their own and essentially trades nothing for it.

Thanks dude, I was actually picturing something else entirely.

>gets access to an entire separate class's spell list
>after 10th level
campaigns_don't_last_that_long_meme.tapestry

The citadel itself is a castle that sunk into the ground at some point, sitting at the bottom of a ravine deep enough that it's completely hidden in shadow.

>currently level 12, starting from 1
Most people who use milestones do it too slowly. XP is actually pretty quick in 5e if you are doing a reasonable number of combats.

Ah, skimmed the previous posts and wasn't seeing all that.

I believe is correct except that the secondary target also gets the Potent Spellcasting damage.

For that matter, both parts of Booming Blade would also get the Potent Spellcasting damage.
Each source of damage gets the mod in this case, unless they change it with Errata like they did Empowered Evocation.

If you happen to be using Empowered Evocation (Wizard Evocation school) and hitting with Green-Flame Blade for whatever reason, then you only add your INT mod once because the rolls are separate. There is nothing strictly determining which roll to apply it to--the primary target or the jump target, so you can choose (in my opinion, since there is no ruling on it and nothing in the books to dictate it). Similar to Scorching Ray.

By the way, for spells like Scorching Ray, I would advise rolling for damage in the same throw as the roll to hit, and choosing which roll gets the INT bonus /before/ you roll. So it's like "Ah, I rolled 6 and 6 +INT but that one missed. I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY..." This way you don't cheese it and say "Of course I just add the bonus to one of the attacks that hits!"

You get Domain Spells at second level bro.

media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA Non-Divine Faithful SFG.pdf

>DMG says average party should handle six to eight medium to hard encounters per day

No thanks I like to actually do something other than combat.

not to beat a dead horse, but has there been any updates on when the mystic is dropping? or is it still around the end of february?

>get 1 domain spell per level until 11th level
>comparable to having access to the full Cleric spell list
>assuming I didn't know what the archetype does
Easy there, friendo.