Connected to Warezhost...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>In_Debt?_10_Ways_to_Evade_Loan_Sharks!.epub
>Infected_bounties_by_country.ods
>blade_quadrilogy.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: ERROR_BUFFER_UNDERFLOW
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Agents and You: Automating Your Life For Fun and Profit!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked: get.chummer.net
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

>Take chances.
>Get messy.
>Make mistakes.
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

So we've all seen that player who 'totally recorded that, I record everything!', but how many times have you actually seen it used for something other than GM shenanigans that get you all captured?

>So we've all seen that player who 'totally recorded that, I record everything!'
You know on one hand that's bullshit, but on the other hand, plenty of things happen too fast for you to record the whole thing without using some sort of retro-cache technology, so perhaps such technology does exist allows you to retroactively start recording things with your cybereyes?

The Electronic Witness quality is literally 'I record everything'

This.

That's not what I'm talking about though, I'm talking about people who record everything they think is actually worth recording and have some standards about what is actually worth recording.

Actually, it isnt a bad idea to record meeting Mr. Johnson, & the run itself. Gotta get that sweet sweet blackmail.

Side note, what is the best weapon skill/weapon for a mage face who doesnt like to kill but might have to?

I have spells
Euphoria
Stunball
Lightning Bolt

But would rather stick to manipulation spells during a run & sticking with a weapon as my primary damage source. Is that a bad idea?

>Side note, what is the best weapon skill/weapon for a mage face who doesnt like to kill but might have to?
Why, it's the same as it as always is:
A U T OM A T I C S

U

T

O

M

A

T

I

C

S

You don't need good aim, you don't need recoil compensation, you just need the basic tactical common sense to know when the proper time to use suppressive fire is.

Also, fuck you spam filter for not recognizing this meme.

>when you do over 30 dv to a submarine with your BARE HANDS in one punch

I've only used it twice in all the sessions we've ran, but Goddamn can Smashing blow do good theatrics.

Did this end with you or any teammate drowning? Because I suspect it did.

Still sounds like Electronic Witness to me, bub. I mean, at what point are the standards acceptable to you?

Close. I jumped onto the sub before it dove from aboard a ship we were on after our rigger moved a shipping container into the water so I could bridge the gap. Thankfully, another character had the foresight of realizing I'm a 2 logic character and player, and threw a life preserver my way after I punched the sub and nearly got killed by a mage that wasn't happy with me.

It exploded after the other character hauled me to safety. It was mohawk/10.

Wait, what? I haven't gotten to run SR for a minute, what the fuck is this? How do I get in on my troll players?

>I mean, at what point are the standards acceptable to you?
"Do I really stand anything to gain from recording this, or is it just good enough to remember that it happened?"

Smashing blow Adept power. Lets you double your dv against stationary targets like walls, vehicles and buildings. So if you're hitting for like 14 dv as a troll with your fist, you'd be doing 28 dv base against a brick wall.

Best seen with Bear-who-walks-through-walls, a bear shifter adept that can walk at a comfortable pace through bunker walls due to like 50 something dice against them

Fucking adepts. Nothing throws me off my game more then when the adept punches through the steal reinforced wall making every obstacle trivial.

Need to get to the floor below you? Punch a hole through the floor.

Need to get somewhere fast? Punch a hole to make yourself a shortcut.

Big bad in your way? That's fine too because you probably can punch a hole through him too.

Is there any situation where punching a hole through it wont solve it?

You can't punch a hole through an intervention, user. Your mom is here, and the drug problem needs to stop.

>Is there any situation where punching a hole through it wont solve it?

I hope not, because if I can't punch it or Commanding Voice it to stop bullying me, there's not much I can do.

>i punch a hole through my mom

What are the best pistols + modifications for pistols in 4e? I'm building a street sammy with a maxed agility cyberlimb for gunslingery shenanigans.

We have actually posted the entertaining parts of our run to the Matrix several times, and of course have blackmail. If you have cybereyes, why not record fun stuff?

Also, I'd take Control Action (if your DM allows it) as well as some general utility spells like physical barrier. You could always pick up the pistol skill to use a taser, something more effective than a great deal of spells at incapacitating targets. If you want to go outside of Manipulation, Illusion has a lot of good stuff in it for debuffing and distracting enemies.
For lethal damage, combat spells like fireball or flamethrower are devastating but you're safer with just using an assault rifle or other automatic.

>If you have cybereyes, why not record fun stuff?

Good thinking but be careful with that, omae.

Is it too hard to imagine that with hundred of petabits worthwile of space avalaible in lenses , one would be always recording what she sees?

> shadowrunner
> disposable asset
> meant to do hush-hush work
> recording ANYTHING about a job when not specifically asked to by Mr J

I bet you're gonna share it with your friends on the matrix too, right? I hope you like flashbangs, and I'm not just talking about the grenade. Those corp cleanup agents are gonna be on your ass real quick.

Don't be a pansy. Go full grenades and trowing stars.

This is why my friends no longer want to play Shadowrun.

>implying user has friends

Also german supplexing combat choppers.

>DM: You're pretty much screwed, all of you, they're sending reinforcements. You should just all spend an edge and we'll be even on those.
>Team: what exactly are those "reinforcements"
>DM: Combat chopper.
>Me: How far away is it?
>DM: hu...fifty meters?
>Me: I grapple it.
>DM: what?
>Me: I have a fifty meters grapple hook in my fuckhuge cyberarm. I grapple it.
>DM: okay, and now?
>Me: I pull it to me.
>DM: bullshit, you can't do that.
>Me: actually, i can. 25 strength and feet anchor are made for that.
>DM: I suspect they aren't , but Imma let you finish , so you can get killed like a ridiculous cunt.
>Me: I edge. 24 successes.
>DM: the helicopter gets 3. what the fuck.
>Me: second initiative pass. I supplex the helicopter.
>DM: oh no you don't.
>Team: OH YES HE DOES. YES HE DOES.
>DM: that's it , supplex that helicopter, and we're done playing that game forever.

And we were done playing shadowrun with that DM forever again.

So, your GM doesn't have to play anymore and you have no game anymore?
That seems like a win for your GM

Fling+throwing weapons is nice, just dont forget to pull the pin out before throwing.

Nah, I have plenty of friends that like Gming Shadowrun.

>25 strength
How?

>Nah, I have plenty of friends that like Gming Shadowrun.
>I have plenty of friends
>that like Gming Shadowrun

well we have indeed been identified before, by some sort of other running team. Have yet to figure out who they work for. Also the marketing helps, surprisingly.

modded hydraulic presses. Can only by used to push or to pull stuff.

poptepipic related.

>adept punches through the steal reinforced wall making every obstacle trivial.

So they replaced Dikote with Adepts?

Played a Face\Gunslinger in 4e with pistol focus. Heres a list of my favorites...

>x2 Morrissey Alta - 850$ Each (1700$ Total) - 7R Avail
>Dam 5P - AP -1 - Semi Auto - Mag 12
>Concealable Holster (-1 Conceal)
>Armor Piercing Rnds (-4 AP)
>Planned Modifications: Personalized Grip (Recoil Comp 1) (+90$ Each) (Slot 1) (Thresh 10) (Artisan)

>x2 Morrissey Elan - 450$ Each (900$ Total) - 3R Avail
>Dam 4P - Semi Auto - Mag 5
>Polyresin Frame\Slide (MAD Undetectable)
>Hidden Arm Slides (Free Action Ready) (700$)
>Armor Piercing Rnds (-4 AP)

>x2 Ares Predator IV - 350$ (700$ Total) - 4R Avail
>Dam 5P - AP -1 - Semi Auto - Mag 15
>Internal Smartgun System (+2 To Hit) (+700$) (Slot 1)
>Planned Modifications:
>Smartgun Thermo Vision (+100$) (Slot 1) (Thresh 6) (Kit) (Hardware)
>Smartgun LowLght Vision (+100$) (Slot 1) (Thresh 6) (Kit) (Hardware)
>Smartgun Vision Enhance (+300$) (Slot 1) (Thresh 6) (Kit) (Hardware)
>Smartgun Vision Magnftn (+100$) (Slot 1) (Thresh 6) (Kit) (Hardware)
>Improved Range Finder (+1000$) (Slot 1) (Thresh 10)(Kit)
>Firing Selection Change (+2430$)(Slot 4) (Thresh 40) (Facility)
>Electronic Firing (+900$) (Slot 2) (Thresh 16) (Facility)
(3330$) (Total: 56)

>x2 Colt Govt 2066 - 500$ Each (1000$ Total) - 6R Avail
>Dam 5P - AP -1 - Semi Auto - Mag 7*
>Electronic Firing (Recoil Comp 1)
>Quick Draw Holster (-1 Quick Draw Action)
>Planned Modifications:
>High Power Chamber (HP Ammo +2 Dam) (+450$ Each) (Slot 2) (Thresh 20) (Shop) 5 Hours
>Barrel Weights (Recoil Comp 1) (+50$ Each) (Slot 2) (Thresh 6) (Kit) 1 Hour
>Enviroment Mod (Level 1\Desert\Cold) (+90$ Each) (Slot 1) (Thresh 6) (Shop) 1 Hour
>Custom Look Lvl2 (+2 Intim\Reputation) (+900$ Each) (Slot 1) (Thresh 16) (Artisan) 4 Hours
>Personalized Grip* (Recoil Comp 1) (+90$ Each) (Slot 1) (Thresh 10) (Artisan) 2 Hours
(1580$ Each) (Total: 48)

>steal reinforced wall
>steal
What does it do? Take the runners' gear to repair itself?

epic. simply epic

That was only what I could fit. I also had a pair of Modified LightFire70's with narcoject rounds, a Beretta 101T turned into an untraceable button man gun, a Walther Secura designed to survive the apocalypse, and a Ares Crusader modded for maximum spray-n'-pray.

Before the campaign ended, I was also tooling up a Cavalier Deputy with magical ebony wood so the Voodoo shaman in the group could have it as a foci

If I want to make a character for the purpose of jumping through the air while firing two pistols, what's the way to go?

Requirements:
Can jump
Two pistols
Jumps while shooting the two pistols
Ideally is not shot out of the air while jumping

What's going to work best for this? Cyberlegs and mirror-shades? Adept powers? No enhancement at all and put all points into Edge? I don't know how to build in this system much, so all advice on this serious issue is appreciated.

Adept, Freefall power.

>As long as the adept experiences no damage from the fall [...] the fall counts as a normal move action, and can be combined with an attack.

Hey, does anyone remember a (I think) Geocities page that was a huge Lynch-esque/Shinya Tsukamoto look into the mind of a Cyberzombie in some Megacorp ward that had been accidentally uploaded to the 'trix? Lots of really creepy, violent poetry, epiletic gifs of cyberware and flesh being cyberized. This was like a decade ago.

Don't let any of these no-fun bastards on this general tell you that dual pistols isn't fun as fuck, because it is

>two pistols
Elf adept, maximum agility, the quality that lets you start with a skill at 7, muscle toner, improved attribute (AGI), improved ability (pistols), smartlink
Together you should get around 30 dice, meaning you can attack two targets like a normal person can attack one target

Don't forget Light Body.

Once you initiate, go for Supernatural Prowess and Airstepping.

Wasn't Geocities, it was the Ancient Files. Try danvodar.ru or something, there's a copy uploaded there now. It's Hatchetman, in the.. 2e or 3e book on augmentations.

The Ares martial art explicitly based on old John Woo flicks and Equilibrium had stats, right?

Aside from Reakt, Superhuman Psychosis, the 'gain 12 rea' thing and a shitload of combat sense, what else is there to upgrade defensive actions against ranged attacks?

>Ares Firefight

There are stats in 4e Arsenal, but I don't know if it made the jump to 5e

Wait, I'm full of shit. Page 62 of cybertechnology. I've got a physical copy, but I assume it's in the OP.

>Don't forget Light Body.
I didn't, but;
>Any other means of dealing with the damage does not allow this opportunity.
Some GMs may interpret that as a reminder, others that Freefall isn't compatible with Light Body.

Good, good, then the character can be jumping constantly.

Would that get into the realm of flying while shooting two pistols? Jumping is superior to flying in this respect.
That would definitely handle the two pistols part, but what about the jumping? The jumping is integral, how would there be enough points for jumping?

Excellent, I'll look into it.

It's not actual flight. It just adds your initiate grade to your max jump distance. Supernatural prowess just just a bonus, sub in your magic+igrade for a physical attribute a few times a day. Good for min-maxed characters, but if you're planning on being an iced-up rabbit, the investment in increased jump distance will help a lot as you initiate more.

Seconding this: At the very least, be an adept with Improved Ability (Pistols) and max agility. Between that and smartlinks, you can get 18 dice pretty easily, which gives you 9 per attack. Not ideal, but workable. You'll basically never miss if only firing one, edge will let you fire both relatively well and you won't have to be a keeb. You could also go Automatics rather than Pistols and akimbo machine pistols so your hail of automatic fire shits all over your target's defenses.

Changing the subject briefly, what are some fun builds to try in Shadowrun: Hong Kong that aren't what's in this pic?

Chummer, you know the rules for dual wielding?
You take your dicepool, divide it by two and use those dice pools for your two attacks
If your original dice pool is 15 dice you will attack with 7 and 8 dice, which is shit. If you want to attack them as well as a normal person would you need to get your dice pool high enough

Firefight absolutely made it into 5e, in Run and Gun. Associated techniques are Clinch, CQ Defense Against Firearms, CQ Firearms (Pistols), Multiple Opponent Defense (Friends in Melee), Oaken Stance (Defense Against Being Knocked Down and Defense Against Being Charged) . Also look into Gun Kata, which has CQ Firearms (Pistols), Kip Up, Multiple Opponent Defense (Friends in Melee), Opposing Force (Block), Tricking, and Stagger.

>Shadowrun: Hong Kong
>builds

Fuck man...
Thats the thing that bothers me the most about HK and Dragonfall. I hate playing Deckers\Riggers, which means I ALWAYS have to take either Blitz or Is0bel - thats an automatic slot locked up for that. There might be magical shit, so I ALWAYS have to take either Dietrich or Gobbet, thats another slot locked up for that.

And those people aren't even my favorite characters. Fuck.

Did they make firing two weapons a complex action in 5e? Because in 4e, firing two pistols was a simple action, which means you can get 4 shots off in a turn. The only downside was, in 4e, going akimbo meant you got not bonuses from smartguns or lasers, and recoil counted double.

Attributes A, Magic B, $$$ C, Meta D (Human, 5 edge), Skills E.
Lose a point of magic for used muscle toner 3, alpha smartlink, alpha datajack (0.99 essense, ~¥75.000).
Hardcap Agility, softcap Intuition and Reaction.
Skills: Pistols 4(from adept prio)+2(+2semiauto), Acrobatics 4(+2 jumping), Perception 4(+2 visual), Etiquette 4(+2 badasses).
Quality: Daredevil.
Adept powers: Improved Ability 3 (pistols), Improved Reflexes 3 (because you don't get to jump and shoot if you go last). Get Freefall and Combat sense powers as Qi-foci.
Your Pistols dicepool will be 6+2+3+6+3+2=22, and you can pre-edge your roll for +5 more dice, also making your dice exploding.

I hear ya. Is0bel and Gobbet have been on every single run I've done, just in case. The rest of the crew rotate out, but since I'm building Racter (and by extension Koschei) as a melee monster, and Gaichu is Gaichu, Duncan usually has to chill on the boat.

Just don't fall for the 'riggers gotta deck' trap. Max out your drones, get Cyber Affinity 3 for the auto-reload cyberarm, and get a grenade launcher.

It's a free action to declare multiple attacks, then whatever the normal action would be for firing your weapon. If you're using two different weapons, use the longer action. Recoil isn't doubled, but recoil from one gun will affect the other.

Free action for multiple attacks, then one attack action per turn - in which you can now hit multiple targets.

Naw, don't think it was that. It was .gif heavy and at the end, two... I forget if they're corp personnel or 'trix posters on a Shadownet asking what the fuck was that and trying to triangulate where it came from.

>disliking Gobbet

Oh, well, no clue. Closest thing in books I can think of is the UB book,

>Duncan usually has to chill on the boat

Fuckin kills me, because Duncan is my favorite character in HK (so far). At least he's more useful than Eiger. In Dragonfall, I always took Blitz and Glory, because medic\melee and decking - I was playing an Assault Rifle street sam, so I had no need of another ranged character - that made Dietrich a shoe-in for that 4th slot.

Duncan's ability to just remove guys from a fight has been incredibly useful

I'm playing a Mage so she's less useful then other people who are not magical. But every character is useful for their insights, so having only 4 slots sucks sometimes

Thats pretty lame compared to 4e's "once a turn for SS, twice a turn for SA" But I guess it has the novelty of being balanced

Dang. Oh, well.

Off-topic: what's the most animalistic a SURGE-afflicted character can be without basically becoming that animal

He didn't say he hated her, only that she wasn't his favorite. I can understand that. I feel the same, honestly. My least favorite is actually Is0bel. I get the reasons, but her being a downer sucks.

I build Duncan as a killbot, so he's kinda not needed since my own character build includes 2 other killbots already. Going nonlethal would have been a better choice, in retrospect. Save editor where?

5e explicitly states that you can only attack once per turn, so yeah.

Surge 3 with berserker, 3 sets of impaired charisma charisma/willpower/logic. Stupid and poor impulse control.

Mage + Stunbolt + Duncan + Beanbags = auto delete an enemy. Its not OP because of cooldowns, but its damn useful. I kinda wish they stuck with his art and made him pistol focus, or shotguns, because it fits with the Law Enforcement aspect, but thats just my personal opinion. I dig the character for being nicely nuanced

Interesting anecdote related to this.

There's this guy in a Shadowrun game I play who comes off as the kinda guy who googles OP builds without properly reading the rules (he didn't know how assense worked despite claiming to have read all the mage section multiple different times). He thought that he came across some "OP wombo combo" to fire off, like, six attacks in one turn because he supposedly got them down to Free Actions and you just kept replacing your Simples with frees and shit

Some people just fail to learn.

This is why dual pistols sucks in 5e. In 4e, firing twice can be 1 simple action, and if both guns are SA, you can fire twice again, and stack four hits on a single guy. Even if your rolling with 7 or 8 dice roll, thats still whatever you hits you get plus damage of the gun, four times.

Funny thing, tho. It doesn't cover complex actions in that once per phase. So if you can turn them into free or simple actions (like the rapid draw adept power), you can technically attack twice per turn.

Try a troll street sam with spurs and aug'ed up to the gills with Gaichu, Racter and Duncan as team. You and Koshei stun things while Gaichu and Duncan finish them.

Brute force engineering at its best!

You can use multiple attack action to attack more than two opponents

Could be interesting.

How do adept powers interact with firearms? I know killing hands and shit don't, but does counterstrike and lightning attack? If so, pistol adept might actually be viable. Use chi casting to get the benefit of medium cover, run into the middle of things, fire off a few shots, then counter a few times.

You literally can't.

Thats not what I'm talking about, and is actually worse. I'm talking about a pistol in each hand, firing four times, stacking four hits on a SINGLE target, and drilling that guy into the ground - which is on the whole better in terms of damage output then firing twice with a handful of dice.

Spreading damage around doesn't seem as good as reducing aggregate firepower

Man why did none of you guys tell me they had an HTR simulator?
What are some other secret shadowrun games nobody told me about?

Oh that. In 5e the weapon damage is higher across the board so you can one-shot a guy with a pistol, assuming you're a good enough shot.

Try Doorkickers and VA-11 HALL-A.

I've heard Armor is also stronger across the board, so it balances out

valhalla was some good shit.
Which I did not expect from a bartending simulator.

Decker is a good, uh, decker simulator.

I dunno, DV 9 AP -5 (before net hits) is gonna be pretty hard for most things to resist. If it can resist that, it's probably a good idea to use a bigger gun.

There's a really old Neuromancer adventure game that's pretty solid.

What game?

Minilaw.
Basically you're robocop judge dredd and you have to go clean the streets of gangsters, biofreaks, ninjas, hackers, and I think wizards. I am not sure about that last one.

>You literally can
FTFY. RAW, of course. It's a horrible shitty lawyery thing to do.

>A character may fre a readied frearm in Semi-Automatic, Single-Shot, Burst-Fire, or Fully-Auto mode via a Simple Action (see Firearms, p. 424) but may not take any other attack actions in the same Action Phase.
This is from the Simple Action "FIRE SEMI-AUTO, SINGLE-SHOT, BURST FIRE OR FULL-AUTO" on page 165.

Turn to page 167, "FIRE FULL-AUTO WEAPON" and "FIRE LONG BURST OR SEMI-AUTO BURST". Note absolutely nothing restricting their use more than once per turn. This is logical - they're complex actions, you can't perform more than one per turn.

Quick Draw has no restrictions on the type of attack action taken with it.

>Rapid Draw
>[...] with this power, a Quick Draw action is considered a Free Action.
>For the purposes of this power, larger weapons such as SMGs, shotguns, or assault rifles attached to slings and/or held in front of the adept at the “low ready” position are also considered holstered and can be quickdrawn as such.

For the purposes of this power and quick draw, dipping to low ready between attacks is enough to be considered quickdraw-able. Pic related. That's not even an action to perform.

also, it's real jank.
I feel I should put that out there.

I'll give it a try

Report back, if you're up to it. I'd like to hear a second opinion.

let's see, some tips.
You can shout at a surrendered guy to make him get on the ground.
You have to go out into the main city map on top of the arcology then hit requisition to buy things, which you equip from your car view.
Those two stumped me for a bit.

Unfortunately, thats "give it a try on payday" which is a going to be a bit

I know that feelin'.

Not that much stronger. An armour jacket has an expected success rate of 4. Average Sr will probably have a body of 4-6, so.. say 2, to be generous. 6 in total. Say the person shooting with the pistol is a standard rentacop, so like 4 hits geared to the gills. Runner probably dodges 2 or 3 of those, closer to 2. If they're holding a Predator or other similar pistol, they're going to deal 9-10p damage after resistance. The runner with 4 body is dead, the runner with 6 body has one boxe left. It wasn't unusual to be able to suck up two or even three as a street level runner in 4a.

THE TECHNOCRACY STRIKES BACK.

>geeking the mage intensifies

Is crafting your own explosives actually more expensive than buying them? People seem to keep claiming that it is, but I'm not actually seeing anything that supports that.

Oh, wait, I'm full of shit. So the bloke takes about the same as in SR4A for a pistol, takes 4-5 damage from a gunshot from a random mook. So 2-3 shots. Things get a bit more unpleasant when you move up to higher calibre weapons.