This is a purposeful self reference right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DhT4fVNrFwg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's to prevent Alpha Legion infiltration. The higher ups in the Imperium knew if they named a regiment that, Alpha Legion cells looking to infiltrate would just assume another cell beat them to it.

ha

>trying to make a phonecall with all those Banshees around

No wonder they hate xenos.

I really wish the current Stormtroopers had some actual personality and were based off existing spec-ops organizations.

Don't forget Eldar using them for jumping very high.

There's no reason Your Dudes can't be. All the codex talks about is how the Schola breaks down individual identity to hone the pupils' killer instincts and their dedication to the group and the mission, which is kind of what military training does today, to say nothing of special operations groups.

>Don't forget Eldar using them for jumping very high.

Please, they love it.

It's the most attention they've gotten from the opposite sex since most of the girls got sorted into Sisterhood paths at the Schola.

Man, the Imperium's most elite military institutions really are sausage fests.

There might be one or two chicks in there. Probably grumbling about how they just HAD to get sortied in with Banshees, the only Aspect where tits are mandatory.

This is before Feanolfin the Banshee removes his betitted armour and reveals that half the Aspect Warriors are chiselled dudes that are just really big on the whole method acting thing.

From that point on the heretical thoughts never stop.

...Does this mean that everything NOT obviously Alpha Legion is Alpha Legion?

Yes

No

Maybe

I don't know...can you repeat the question?

But wait if everything that is obviously Alpha Legion isn't it, then is the Alpha Legion Alpha Legion or have they just never existed.

Alpha Legion exists, but none of the members of Alpha Legion are IN Alpha Legion, they're all off infiltrating other groups.

When you try and call them it always goes to answerphone, no exception.

>every Imperial institution with a normal name is an Alpha Legion cell
>none of them know who else is loyal and who is traitor, so they continue the war against Chaos anyway
>the only loyal institutions are those with ridiculously obvious Alpha Legion names, as the infiltrators assume these must have been compromised already
>the real Alpha Legion cells are amazed that these super obvious cells stay hidden somehow and assume they must be truly godlike at their jobs, so they don't investigate them for fear of ruining the magic

A masterful plan only a genius could've created! When everyone is spy, no one is!

Oh me oh my.

>French Alpha Legion

No wonder everyone hates us. At least we return the hate in kind, while our style and cuisine seeps into other countries culture!

Soon, ALL will bow to the baguette!

Shush Alpharhon, or you'll be next!

So.. everything is just.. as.. planned?

Illicit Stormtrooper/Banshee relations and Alpha Legion Imperium?

Yes, that probably IS the best thing on Veeky Forums right now.

Also, it seems clear now that the Alpha Legion is part of a sinister conspiracy to mingle our brave stormtroopers with vile xenos. They're probably responsible for all this End Times superfriends shit.

It would be...if anyone remembered what the plan was supposed to be.

So far plan is:
1. Pretend to turn to chaos
2. Infiltrate major and minor Imperial Institutions
3. Spread discord amongst Imperium through infiltration cells
4.???
5. SAVE THE IMPERIUM!

Now if only we could figure out what 4 is supposed to be.

Well I would love to play a Razvedki Scion army.

So everyone apart of them are Alpha Legion sleeper agents?

DOES THIS MEAN THE EMPEROR IS ACTUALLY NOT THE EMPEROR?

>Illicit Stormtrooper/Banshee relations

>I'd always thought the Eldar were xenos filth, but at long last I know that Love Can Bloom On The Battlefield: A Warhammer 40,000 Story from Black Library, a Division of Games Workshop, available soon on Black Library Audiobook

Jesus Christ GW, really?

Am I alpharius?

>The Emperor was never on the Golden Throne
>Horus killed an Alpha Legionnaire in a coat of gold paint
>Big E has been crashing at Eldrad's place with the Silent King and Malal since his deadbeat sons turned out to be a huge disappointment
>The End Times is about getting him to stop watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. reruns and get up off the couch

You and me both, buddy.

None of you since Dorn killed Alpharius.

I still want to believe it was a simple marine.

What a letdown.

YOUR NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

Why are you complaining about a thing that hasn't even happened, and probably won't ever happen?

Scion lore is quite possibly one of the biggest culprits of wasted potential

I agree I want to see more of them. But what do you think they should have done? Written more characters and stories to fluff them out?

Agreed.

Though in the end you can do the YOUR DUDES thing and give them personalities and interesting lore.

I mean you could mate. Just build a Scions army that works extensively with the Inquisition and OffiIcio Assassinorum for intelligence and counter-intelligence whose Schola is on a Russian-themed world, because a lot of the regimental fluff in the codex suggests they harbour very close relationhips with their training worlds. Schola students apparently adopt new names based on Imperial saints and stuff when they're kids, but you could compound the theme by naming them all after Vostroyan and Valhallan generals and heroes.

>t. unironically really likes the scions in all their tacticool cheese

Heh.

Wouldn't be surprised if said world was one where Vostroyans and Valhallans liberated in the past, then settled down there because they did so well they earned it, and then there was a lot of events that caused them to create a regiment of Scions that are tougher than nails (both physically and mentally), are bros and make other regiments mistake their works for those of Khornates.

REMOVE CHAOS.

Even if I wanted to play tribal space-niggers who chuck spears at Tau?

As long as they are badass enough...

>Shirt is in Norwegian

MANN NEDE!

Yeah man. Scholas seem to be cut off from the world like monasteries, but the culture of the drill-abbots and the staff is probably imparted on the scholars in serious ways.

The wording of some of the fluff ("One Imperium, One Vision") in the Scions codex suggests that the Ecclesiarchy (and by extension its orphanage-schools) is one monolithic entity imposing a single orthodox view, but pretty much every other bit of lore we have suggests it's actually a conglomeration of sanctioned local cults that fall within certain criteria of praising the Emperor and encouraging obedience to authority. The Genestealer Cults novel goes into quite some detail about this, actually, because unsurprisingly the titular cult is the sanctioned Imperial sect the main characters are involved in

And there is nothing unorthodox or to be discouraged about a culture that encourages kids to grow up to be absolutemadmen.jpeg in the name of the Emperor.

I think there's a lot of potential there you can still fill out with, as my lad here says. Your dudes wins out, always.

So, they don't have playing cards in the grim darkness of the far future?

Most of the books seem to suggest that we don't have the traditional spades, clubs, hearts and diamonds. Some of Abnett's stuff talks about an ace of spires or blades, and some other stuff seems to suggest that a dumbed-down version of the Emperor's Tarot is used in gambling.

>Rogue Trader opens a pre-historic vault of relics from one of the first colony ships to leave Holy Terra in the lost mists of time before the invention of Warp Travel
>Somehow the contents have been preserved for tens of thousands of years and are still intact
>All the storage vault contains is a deck of playing cards, a Mosin Nagant, a few knives, some ancient clothing, a few paper books, and an alarming quantity of ancient liquor
>The last known legacy of ancient Earth: The personal effects of a very, very bored /k/ommando.

Power to the people in this regard.

But on the other hand the Scions seem bland-ish compared to Stormtroopers from previous editions in gameplay terms (regimental doctrines and a expanded roster of units fit for a spec-ops organization).

They should give them more options, and when we're on it, give some more options to IG (as in doctrines for regiments).

They did it with Space Marines (Chapter Tactics), they did it with Chaos Space Marines (the Legions supplement made them badass again), so they should do the same with IG and Scions.

Well shit, now I have to make Foreign Legion Scions. Thanks, anons.

>Foreign Legion Scions
>Sacrifices saved
>Chaos Cultists underwent extensive mental reconstruction via intense mind-scribing, reconditioned via equally intense psycho-doctrination and recruited into the Tempestus Regiment

They're gonna reveal that there is no step 4, and that they were just tricked by some Chaos God into believing they were working to save the Imperium when really they were just helping topple it.

Aren't they.

Slightly old canon specifically states that adults can be shoehorned through Schola training, usually at the behest of an Inquisitor looking to induct an acolyte into their stormtroopers. A particularly bold or enterprising schola progenium might well take on a number of such adult pupils, perhaps at the behest of an Inquisitor looking to put together a company of such veterans.

I mean, hell, scholas are specifically orphanages for orphans of Imperial servants, children can be admitted to them at any age, and most cohorts of Scions tend to be formed out of trainee groups of roughly equivalent age to foster a sense of belonging, so there's no reason your Scions couldn't be a a hodgepodge of former child soldiers raised in Imperial Guard regiments

This is fucking amazing though. Oh my God. Like arco-flagellants and penitent engines on crack. Maybe cult orphans innoculated against daemonic corruption trained up as a Scion equivalent of Grey Knights?

Yeah, considering that portable and culturally significant games are the first thing to be propagandized, I'd expect an Emperor's tarot, with most card faces cartoonishly depicting the garish punishment and execution of heretic and dissenters; or a version with litanies and prayers on it.

Maybe the reason the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer strictly prohibits gambling is because to do so with such cards might have blasphemous connotations by technicality?

Perfect.
I like your thinking, user.

I think it's much more practical, and that 40k soldiers, just like their real world counterparts, are more than willing to blow their fortune away when they're bored.

Gaunt's Ghost has many moments like this, pointing our that the men and women of Tanith are great soldiers, loyal and brave to a fault, but an absolute pain in the ass to deal with if you leave them bored or on leave long enough.

Wardian bullshit detected

And use the right colours!

I based mine off spetznaz, red berets, dark russian green with lighter stripes under gunmetal trim

>the men and women of Tanith are great soldiers, loyal and brave to a fault, but an absolute pain in the ass to deal with if you leave them bored or on leave long enough.
As the old military aphorism says: Leave a grunt in a padded room holding a ball bearing, and he'll figure out a way to break it.

Well, in the first of the Beaquin books, there is a toy USSR rocket, so...

Current plan is some combination of tan/green/red/gold, with (if I can) 3D printed heads with a kepi over a Scion faceplate.

>t. 1d4chan pages from 2009

That sounds beautiful mate. You could probably kitbash the kepis fairly easily though from Cadian officer or Commissar hats and your hobby knife.

pics?

There's an user who did caps for his orks. With a bit of tweaking you could make kepis with his methods, probably a bit of plasticard and GS.
He's the user that make a fuckton of Ork conversions and then basically paints everything brown/rust.

Or just google 28mm kepi heads and buy someone elses.

>Buy
Goodness gracious user what are you talking about?!

>31st Etic Strangers
As in "Légion Étrangère", perhaps?

Inquisitors love to make these kind of things to certain heretics.

Especially by making them charismatic priests later on.

Also the stuff you wrote on the Scion equivalent of GK?

Would need to be further expanded because it has some really sweet potential.

>DEVGRU Scions
>Chaos Cultists shot through adamantine walls via man-portable sniper cannon

>Spetsnaz Scions
>Entire Hive World destroyed

>Korean UDT Scions
>Somehow infiltrated the Chaos Stronghold via Shark Assault Boat

>SBS Scions
>See Korean UDT Scions, but with Fenrisian Ale and enough cursing to scare daemons away

>BOPE Scions
>Manticore Barrage the front of the Stronghold

>Ghurka Scions
>Cultists skulls collected and shipped to Terra to be presented to the Emperor

>UDT Scions
>Dig under the Chaos Stronghold and stab cultists to death

>Razvedki Scions
>Chaos Removed
>Bystanders diagnosed with severe PSTD
>Local Inquisitorial force mistakes their work for that of Khornates

>CIA SAD SOG Scions
>Archeotech Guided Missile from the sky

Magnifique

>=Chapter Master's Log=

>Classified Documents

>Passcode required: ***************************************************
>Passcode confirmed.

Operations journal: After much thought, I have granted the 55th Alphic Hydras training grounds throughout the system. By interacting with the native populations, the worlds should become completely drawn under our influence. The fact that no one, not even the marines of the chapters who pay fealty to me, have noticed the regiment's true allegiance regardless of their fame suggests that it will never occur in the future. If I find the agent conceived of this legion, I will have to congratulate him.

>Logging out

>Shutting down

++Thought for the day: Blessed is the mind too small for doubt++

Genius.

>Mossad Scions
>Sacrifices were in fact cleverly disguised Daemonhosts

>Navy SEALs Scions
>Chaos Stronghold infiltrated via sewer system

>Mossad Scions
>Hostage turns out to be a cleverly disguised Banebl- CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

sorry, he's pokeballed now.

Lurk the fuck moar

>Spetznaz
>It's just the Imperial Navy performing an orbital strike repeatedly

>KSK
>swiss flag
Why?

There's a version of poker that they play with the Tarot deck. It's come up in a couple of Ciaphas Cain books, since hustling cards is one of the Commissars' favorite pastimes.

>the only aspect where tits are mandatory
That's wrong though.

Dat's proppa Orky!

Now I want some smut featuring an awkward stormtrooper's fumbling attempts to sleep with a banshee, but he has no idea how because he's been in Schola training his whole life and doesn't know how to interact with women.

Let's streamline the ideas a little bit, then.

>drill abbots and training personnel are drawn from a motley of vicious guard veterans from a variety of regiments the Inquisitor has served alongside, many of them nulls or blanks with a noted resistance to the ruinous powers
>various cultural quirks and eccentricities are picked up by osmosis from the drill instructors, but are occasionally cracked down upon hard if a pupil demonstrates too much individuality just to keep them on their toes
>them being psychic nulls intensifies the pupils' fear and disgust towards them
>the schola recruits from orphans of disgraced imperial servants, those convicted of heresy and occasionally outright rescues (where they can be salvaged)
>the pupils are instilled with a sense that they must atone for the sins of their parents' blasphemies before that, too, is mindscaped away

I can't imagine that anything I'm reading here actually matters.
WH40K is such an overdone mess, just like the """"power suits""""

If you take out all the neo-gothic heraldry and religious symbols and PAULDRONS, and give every space marine a heavy weapon, the armor is very practical. Covers your whole body quite nicely and gives you a power source on your back, keeps you going for months on your recycled piss and shit, protects you from shrapnel, etc.

Well that's fair actually.

Add to this creativity with use of what they have and you got yourself some efficient Chaos Removal Regiment.

Does it really count as a pauldron if it covers the entire upper arm down to the elbow?

That's why they're not pauldrons, they're PAULDRONS.

Don't they use the pauldrons as shields?

Indeed. The standard firing posotion of SM has them actually showing their shoulder first, for two reasons.
PAULDRONS means they have a reactive shield to protect them from incoming fire, but also becausea bolter is so damn big, they'd have trouble holding it with their two hands in front of them, and not on the side.

You can probably find examples of the contrary, but marine firing in front of their legs and not on the side are often firing one handed.

Generictrashandnotatalliconic/10
would not purge with

>>Razvedki Scions
>>Chaos Removed
>>Bystanders diagnosed with severe PSTD
>>Local Inquisitorial force mistakes their work for that of Khornates

>10/10 would play Dark Heresy with

>One Imperium, One Vision
Peace Through Power.
IN THE NAME OF KANE

What is the red triangle supposed to mean?

KANE . . . LIVES![/SPOILER]

youtube.com/watch?v=DhT4fVNrFwg

Yes actually, space Zulu is a perfect fit for the TS.