Horus Heresy General

Eight Days to Inferno Edition

Hope for the redemption of /hhg/ sub edition.

Scanbegging storm soon sub-sub edition.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/The-Wolf-kin-of-Russ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, why was this not the first book?

the podcast is going to be maximum overgay

Because you need to set up everything, establish the setting, have a basic list for the Legions, and set up rules for a few of them.

Imagine that with two of the most unusual, deviant and OP Legions first. It would have crashed and burned

because it covers the two worst legions on either side, and some shitty golden bananas that are largely irrelevant outside of webway fuckery

But the Word Bearers aren't in this book.

So? Suggest a way to not make it overgay. Bloody hell, I hate it when people just complain without lifting a finger to actually do something about said complaints. If you have a suggestion to improve it before it even starts, please share it so we can use it to make this work. This is a thing for the community after all. Otherwise, shut the fuck up if you've not nothing more to say than 'it's going to be maximum overgay', without saying why or what can be done to make it otherwise.

Fair enough.

Well, I am a part of the community. I won't be there.

How are the space wolves OP? They were like every other legion.

>implying the Wolves aren't the worst
Wolf wolf wolf wolf wolf wolf. Wolf wolf? Wolf. Wolf wolf wolf. Wolf. Wolf. Wolf? Wolf.

Kill, marry, fuck: Primarch edition. Go.

>Kill Perturabo
>Marry Vulkan
>Fuck Fulgrim

>Kill Leman Russ
>Marry Lorgar
>Fuck Sanguinius

No.

My constructive criticism is to not do it for the same reason I recommend not driving off cliffs. There's not really a middle ground

But if we were to do it, regardless of the risk, how would you go about making it something the community (as in most average posters here) would enjoy? Something to listen to while painting/modelling?

Besides, this is the first real thing /hhg/ has done in ages. it's either try and actually produce something, or just give up and leave this place as a cesspool of shitposting and bad memes. And I for one want to give the /hhg/ something back.

Yes :^)

Real answer.
It is a flooded market, with no real new influx of listeners or players.
Your opinions may matter here, your own personal ideals of how X should be more or less like Y may make sense here, but the hobby has a lot of personal interpretation of what is and is not good. Your opinions may make a lot of people mad, may be old news to certain circles, or may just be ignored as the same thing everyone else is saying.

Have an open poll for questions- maybe from each thread, each day or each week.
Have a painting section, where the most talented of the speakers goes into depth on how to do certain effects, maybe even doing them live (Have a YT to post them up later)
Following on the YT idea, make videos discussing the most commonly asked questions, so a video can be referenced for list building, army content, WYSIWYG in 30k, etc.
Have as many guest speakers from other podcasts as possible.
Also, if you are going to make jokes on air, don't have them be inside jokes. Nobody likes being left out.

plot armor is a pretty strong power

>Eight Days to Inferno Edition
;^)

They get their ass kicked all the time in HH.

>implying the wolves don't job every chance they get

Dont like half the rules writers have Space Wolf armies? I know both the Burning of Prospero writers do. Funnily enough the same guys wrote the Wrath of Magnus supplement for 40k. Probably why those TSons players were so salty about it being shit.

DID

NOTHING

WRONG

Everybody post your current WIP table you're working at this week

RETCONNED XD

So, in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy and the Great Scouring, who is the most powerful primarch? Weakest?

Gotta try and get this shit finished before I move soon!

>most powerful primarch?
Guilliman, since he's effectively high shiggydiggy of all the Imperium
>weakest
Either Curze, Ferrus, Sanguinius or Horus.

Wouldn't the most powerful have to be Lorgar, Magnus, or Perturabo?
I'm not counting Angron because he can't use MINDBULLETS.

>Not fielding at least 3 knight

>Wouldn't the most powerful have to be Lorgar, Magnus, or Perturabo?
Why? They all got driven into the eye.

You could argue Fulgrim would be the top dog, but even he got punked by basic dudes and fled after shanking G money.

implying Fulgrim would ever be on top ;)

>CHOOOOOOOMing fellblades off the table
silly cuckolds, you picked the inferior legion super heavy
glaive is best tankfu

>his tankfu isn't the rhino
games are won or lost on the backs of the humble RH-1 N-0

mars best pattern, fite me deimos fanboys

how was the atrapos build? was it a recast? I fucking love the look of that knight.

>tfw the deimos' front plate is far inferior to the deimos predator's front plate
sad dayy, may make me go for the mars pattern

yeah its a recent CC cast with his new resin.... it shits all over FW seriously. I buy both and this cast is above and beyond anything else and the resin is a dream to work with and no smell or sticky residue. Took it for a spin already and it ate 2 knights and a bunch of tanks.

that's awesome dude. as soon as all the chinese come back from their holiday I'm gonna be ordering so much from china that my bank is gonna call me and ask if I lost my debit card.

>tfw the annihilator is my favorite tank but it's strictly post-heresy

What holiday are they on? Me and a friend have been waiting for 3 weeks for a package that hasn't even left the country yet from our friendly China connection.

Chinese New Years you dumb white devil.

What did you use to get that patchy look on those tanks? Looks like a wash but I can't tell which

looks like white, maybe light grey primer with a sepia wash to me

I bought some sepia to make my DG look patchier (I'm scared they look too clean) and it looks a bit ruddy

My dudes are on iron ore bases, but I'm too scared to stick some on, think it's cool to start with and realise I hate it afterward. I have a habit of doing stupid things like that...

I didn't know they celebrate for a whole fucking month. Dealingh with pirates teaches you all kinds of new stuff. :^)

How many passes of the clear did you do? I feel like with the tamiya clears I need 7-9 thin passes, and by then... a lot of shine shine seems gone

Foolish American, the beginning of the month we are celebrating your inferior Gue'la New Years. Twice the holiday, because we are twice as smart as you!

Brown base, grey highlight then white zenith highlight. This then heavily washed with sepia and then a large brush is used for drybrush with pallid wytch flesh, enjoy!

>I feel like with the tamiya clears I need 7-9 thin passes, and by then... a lot of shine shine seems gone

FOOL! Do one single pass with an airbrush. My legend begins in the 12th century!

I got that reference.jpg

>Foolish American
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. ;^)
>teleports behind you

It's this weekend and most people will take the next two weeks off. But there was probably a rush before, and they didn't get to your order in time.

>unsheathes claymore as bagpipes start playing

Fuck yeah.

>smashes bottle to the tune of AC/DC
Whatdya fuckin say bout me ya cunts

R8 & H8! In between all the shitposting.

SoH 2000
RoW - The long march

HQ
Maloghurst
Centurion forgelord with cortex controller, refractor field, cyberfamiliar, rad grenades, melta bombs, powersword.

Troops (maloghurst makes veterans troops)
Veteran squad (10) with 2 heavy flamers, 3 combi-flamers, powerfist, rhino transport
Veteran squad (5) with dual lightning claws and 4 power mauls

Fast attack
Seeker squad (8) 5 combi-meltas, LR Proteus with lascannon and explorator array.

Heavy
Land raider achilles

Thallax (6) with heavy chainblades and ferrox augment.

Heavy support squad (5) with missile launchers and augury scanner.

Malohurst is with the heavy support squad. His warlord trait makes him scoring and then he can camp with the fire power.
Flamer veterans seek out objective and cleanse any troops holding.
Melee veterans follow the Forgelord in the Achilles.
The rad grenads makes enemies t3 which gives the power mauls instant death. They seek out tougher prey.
Seekers use the Proteus to scout into almost the enemy deployment zone and unleash first round hell with rerolls of 1s. The meltas will kill most things.
Thallax deep strike 2nd round and either go after vehicles or infantry.

It checks out rules legal but give me some critique if you want.

to many toys on the forgelord, to few bodies at the point level (imo).

veterans with dual lightning claws? is that a thing?

Are you going to be in it then, user?

yes 1/5 can pick it (or sergeant)

Finally got off my ass and finished the first 5 of 15 Tacticals.

At this time, i'm not feeling it with tacticals, that might come with 2000+ points army. Also, I wanted some variation of units or units with slightly different purposes, explaining the Thallax. Another reason is that woth this list I only have to buy the land raiders.

#3 is seriously badass
#2 is pretty good too
#4 and #5 suffer from dumb GW leg syndrome

I guess no-one gives a shit about the puppies?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/The-Wolf-kin-of-Russ

Those are some sexy DG, may I ask for that cream/white recipe?

no, noone but faggots and furries

not much to say about them, considering how long everyone's known about 'em

the leaner plastic wuffs are better, I think

Weather the bolters.

gross desu.
tactical spam is what makes 30k better then 40k, if you can't do it with bolter and blade its not worth doing.

40k has plenty of tactical spam.

In Battle Company MSU

Dogs are dogs, am I right? So not really

Well if you put it that way, most units have the standard bolter. The thing I lose is fury of the legion.

they're not the same and you know it. we have to pay for our rides

fair enough I suppose, I'm just not into the same style of 30k as you, I personally think the "vets are troops" is a mistake that just makes 30k more like 40k which is something I believe the system would be better of without.

only poorfags and waacfags use vets as troops :^)

I agree on the veterans are a mistake. Your arguments are correct. Why do I use them then?
Because I'm a poorfag. At least I'm not a waacfag thank God.

So 2x20 man tac's is they way to go? That's good, I almost thought I was being crazy.

do mechanized tacticals get a pass?

How many units?

if you're a poorfag/lazyfag that hates tacticals you should be running armored breakthrough, no question about it. my first 30k list was an imperial fists armored breakthrough and it's pretty fun. and easy on the wallet with betrayal at calth or prospero box and then ebay the rest of the tanks.

then when you get money buy FW or better friends with connections hit up the chinaman

vets are better in every way except fury of the legion, but its not as iconic and fun as 40 bolter marines shouting angry words as they charge up the field.
definetly, desu I have respect and adoration for all list combinations besides vets as troops, even terminators as troops is more ballsy then vets.

What about super vets that cause fear and have choom?

>even terminators as troops is more ballsy then vets
That's because terminators are the coolest. But only if they're indomitus or cataphractii. Special termies and tartaros termies can go home.

Infantry (termies or/and reavers) in anvillus drop pods will come when the wallet allows it.

its fluffy :^)

its allright for NL and AL to use their special units as troops because it fits their style of warfare and the rites are somewhat restrictive enough for it to not be stupid like POTL is.

> Read long faggy blog post
> realize the podcast will be exactly like this, but with more heavy breathing and shit tier mikes
How about... don't make it?

Sure, here's a c&p of the whole scheme. Bit long but detailed.

They're done using a combination of airbrush, wash and drybrush. They first get a layer of Vallejo Leather Brown Surface Primer then a layer of VGA Bonewhite and a zenithal coat of VGA Dead White. The whole model gets a wash of AP Soft Tone and then a drybrush of VGC Bonewhite and one of VMC Offwhite. Green shoulder pads are a couple of layers of Death World Forest with a lining of Soft Tone at the edges.

Brass is a layer of VGA Brassy Brass and VGA Bright Bronze washed with Ogryn Flesh Wash. Steel is VMA Silver with a wash of AP Dark Tone. Banding is just a few layers of Dark Tone.

Gun casings are VGE Heavy Charcoal with highlights of VGC Cold Grey and VGC Stonewall Grey and washed with Dark Tone. Lenses are VGA Gory Red, Bloody Red and Orange Fire with a wash of Soft Tone and a dot of Offwhite in the top corners if I can reach them.

Bases are a layer of Black Lava primed with Leather Brown then drybrushed with Heavy Charcoal, Cold Grey and Stonewall Grey and a touch of Offwhite. Chipping is sponged on with either Heavy Charcoal or VMC Black Grey, whichever is closer at the time. Skulls are Dheneb Stone with a Dead White highlight then washed with Soft Tone. Then I brush on a bunch of Vallejo Pigments Carbon Black around the boots and greaves to tie them in to the base and with decals and a varnish the model is done.

Oh shit son. That's an expensive looking monster you have there.

>£70 for two dollar store toys

I'd rather buy a Thunderwolf box and use two of those doggies.

yea whoever sculpted those really need to take a look at the plastic wolves.

This shit was only made to rip off furries and wankers.

Duncan plays SoH, and he paints them well.

BEHOLD!

Why did you say the same thing twice?

Does my one dude count?

I can't actually decide if I want to make them 30k or 40k because I don't actually have people to play with.

Bet those fuckers are OP as shit so Russfags have to buy them, but god they look bad. Ugliest models in awhile IMO.

>More yiff shit up before even a hint of Magnus.
Fuck I wish the TSons nemesis wasnt the teachers favourite.

His SOH was featured in a White Dwarf magazine some years ago and it was quite large, are these images from his twitter?

Hi, so I'm new(ish) to Horus Heresy/40k and I recently wanted to convert some Grey Knight Terminators for my Word Bearers army.

I know that the Knights themselves are post-heresy but could their variant of Terminator armour been around then?