drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

alcyius.com/USRD/srd/classes/baseTom/truenamer.html
1d4chan.org/wiki/Truenamer
sunnyway.com/runes/odins_magic.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumpers, who do you rely on?

My Companions, a lot of luck perks and the fact I don't go showing off so I usually have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Magic and unlimited mana.

>who

I figure Ensoul for your magic systems, but how did you make your mana pool into a companion?

All of my companions, but in particular the ones who have been with me the longest, or can gaze into my mind or soul.

So Alice is at the top, as my first companion, and the fact I paid for a mental bond.

She's pretty good at keeping me grounded, you know, when she's not asleep.

Heh wow I misread that too. I guess to tweak my answer. My Companions; though some are more reliable than others. Myself, I have actually gained a bit of confidence and competence in handling problems in my chain and lastly my Enemies who always seem to make mistakes that are just waiting for me the capitalize on.

Professor Paradox: can a Galvanic Mechamorph learn to do what Ship can do and mimic technology they've touched? Could a Galvan companion give them that functionality if they can't normally do it? Others seem to think yes since Ship is still a Galvanic Mechamorph, so I'm going with that unless you say otherwise.

Can a Galvanic Mechamorph upgrade something and leave the upgrades behind or do they always revert back to what the machine was like before the Galvanic Mechamorph merged with it? The Gwen 10 episode indicates it's possible, but only with a throwaway line of dialogue that may have been referencing temporary enhancement while in it.

As a Plumber can your free Partner be an imported Companion? I've already filled out my companion roster.

Could someone with an omnitrix to study and the Animojo and R&D perks make something like the Biomnitrix and do fusions?

I don't think PP's around this week fampai

That's why I left it a few days, and will leave it a few more before I post again. I realised last time it was probably a bit annoying to people, so I'm cutting back on asking, but I still want answers and hoping Professor Paradox happens to read these questions is the only way that'll happen.

Ride on you crazy bastard.

It's a magical ability, isn't it?

...no? That's like saying your blood is a skill of your body.

>inb4 biology pedants trying to be funny

Doesn't say anything about skills. It says magical abilities. Would you consider producing blood an ability of your body?

I'm pretty sure it's intended to be used with reference to specific magical processes, not mana pools as a whole, based on the clow card system it's based on.

Feel free to ask Stupid Dog which of us is right, but if you want to argue the point I'd rather we agree to disagree preemptively.

Nope, too late. I've already made my mana waifu and you can't do anything about it.

Well, I can slutshame you and your waifu for pseudonarcissism.

Your mana pool is filthy. FILTHY.

>shame
Hey, I remember that!
Man, it's been forever since I ate it.

I'm supposed to invent a Secret Martial Technique in Generic Xianxia but I have no imagination.
Any suggestions?

A swift kick to the dick.

What kind of things can you do with Heroic Age tech?

....I'll consider it.

Your mind, body and spirit separate completely,your mind possessing an opponent , your spirit acting as a punch ghost, your body , attacking the nearest Of your foes with primal fury and instinctive dodging and blocking that cannot be replicated with a human mind

My main Fetich Souls become a mana battery. One of my Third Circle is a walking magical library.

So I guess my answer remains unaltered.

Is there such a thing as summoning/creating too many minions?

Nope.

A Biomega AI, N.
M has relied on her so much.

Is there room to summon more minions? If "yes", you have not summoned enough minions.

How long did it took you to create your own Halloween's haunted house? What did you put inside? How did people took you using so convincing monsters?

A few hours. Greater Bonewalkers. I used illusion magic on the bonewalkers to make them look more like fake creatures. The best part of the house is that people have to either leave everything they own or spend all their money in the "gift" shop to get their ability to carry more than 5kg back. After they spend the money I just use mind magic to make them think it was a wonderful time.

I didn't even need the money, I just did it for the hell of it.

What are the best crafting and magitech perks? Is there a list anywhere?

Is taking a "no outside powers" drawback in your first jump cheating?

Nope. You can totally do that.

Sort of. It's dishonest. But if you want to do it, hey why not.

Groovy, thanks. I ask because I was reading Doom 2016, but on second thought, spending ten years in Hell with no prior experience sounds like a bad time, minmaxing or no.

My FIRST, way back in infamous? Well a little longer than it took me to google "spooky scary skeletons" and "haunted house" for inspiration. I mean, it was technically a virtual haunted house since video conduit powers take more to upkeep outside the 'net. But it was hella spooky because I had all the indie horror games in the world to design it around.

Actually it got unintentionally spookerific when I tried to cram too many haunted houses in the same place, and ended up with a House of Leaves-style fustercluck of spooky architecture, with all the jumpscares jumping and scaring at each other.

I accidentally misprogrammed the front door to lead recursively back to Mr. Bones' Wild Ride, so I had to escape through the windows instead.

"user, what were you doing in your room all night and why're you all sweaty and breathing hard?" asked my starter.

"Nothing! I-you-spooky-wait hold on let me explain"

"Oh boy, all over the sheets huh? I'd be more upset if this was our house"

You would be no worse than me.

I still use the original Pokemon with the Save State perk. I never updated it even with all the drama, because rapestate user is not going to take away my fun.

I mean, you can train your body to more effectively produce blood.

God damn near everyone my Jumper's greatest skill is delegation

>>How long did it took you to create your own Halloween's haunted house?

pretty long, I'd say more than 50 Jumps in, it was a later addition to the OASIS knockoff I've been building since we didn't use to have a ready player one jump.

>>What did you put inside?

the thing about it is that it reads your mind to know what you are most afraid and then Populates itself with variations of that ,so it doesn't have anything in it until you get past the first Door

>>How did people took you using so convincing monsters?

it's already Part of a Digital reality so most people assumed that I did it with computer Effects,which technically I did.

is there a perk which lets you remove memories from identities other than drop-ins?

Or is there 1 that lets you remove all emotion from those memories so its basically just knowledge?

Focus all your energy into a single, extraordinarily small point for maximum power.

Finger poke of doom.

Is it any worse than taking a "no companions" drawback when you don't have companions?

I'm pretty sure that last one happens automatically at the end of every jump.

Though there's an emotion/memory removal perk in Portal, if you want that.

Kingdom Hearts has a perfect memory perk that lets you delete memories.

Harry Potter has a shit-ton of memory charms.

Once you end a jump those memories do not effect you anymore.

They simply become 'knowledge'. Rather than being your own experiences you simply remember them as if you had read them in a book.

I think there's One In Avengers: Earth's mightiest heroes/Wolverine and the X-Men

Only if there's no clause where it won't give you points.

Sorry, rephrase that. No clause, no problem.

Thanks

A question about the Lyrical Nanoha jumpchain for HeavensAnon --

is the "Unlimited Desire" drawback that was in the old one coming back?

I thought it was pretty cool, especially for story purposes; combine with having ancient lineages, stumbling across Lost Logia, or being an experiment in Belkan bloodlines or whatever, and you've basically put together a neat plotline or "playstyle" just like that.

Jumpers!

Is there a kind of drawback you absolutely never take?

Amnesia? Power loss? No companions? Something that harms your companions? Time limits? Additional loss conditions?

>>Is there a kind of drawback you absolutely never take?

companions get hurt and bad luck, there's been some really bad problems with bad luck drawback and the wife insisted I don't take those anymore.

several actually
>Amnesia?
I used to. But then the wife told me not to do that anymore. So I don't.

>Power loss?

I hate it, but it's frequently workable or necessary for a scenario

>No companions?
very rarely

> Something that harms your companions?

of course those are being ignored. CP is the most precious thing that I know of, but they are worth more than things to me,it's just a way for Miss Producer to try and start drama among us

Time limits?
those are frequently tricky , but with's time travel and relativistic superspeed. It's not that big a deal

Additional loss conditions?
those are always worrying and I generally avoid them but they aren't a never.

Those that give personality flaws.

>Amnesia? Power loss?
No thanks, I never need CP that badly.

>No companions?
Workable, if I really need the CP. But I don't like being alone.

>Something that harms your companions?
Absolutely not.

>Time limits? Additional loss conditions?
Workable, if I don't have power loss or something.

hey mardukth you mentioned that Third circle souls get Their own Charm sets, this gives them custom Charm sets right? because I also noticed that there's apparently a charm to bestow charms
that spirits have access to.

Scaling enemies because they're retarded drawbacks. You don't work your ass for millions of years just to have an asshole magically created to be able to beat you.

I'm also allergic to most loss conditions/victory conditions unless they're specially easy to avoid for myself at that point.

I think there's a perk that gives you a minor buff every time you delete one of your memories, but I'm not sure from where.

> Neverending Story Jump

>Is there a kind of drawback you absolutely never take?

None, because I hate every kind of drawback and no jumpmaker's ever going to be good enough to make me try to take one.

Gravity Rush, I think.

It's my birthday today /jc/.

What kinds of gifts do you give to people?

On the other hand, I always take drawbacks that make people have no real respect for you.

It makes things much more interesting.

Death Notes, doomsday buttons, Case-53 cauldron vials, the heart of that girl that you never dared to ask for a date.

You know, the usual stuff.

I dislike scaling enemies and ones that hurt people besides me.

I also tend to dislike taking drawbacks in the first place, though I make exceptions for one that I planned to do anyway, plot-bound drawbacks, and ones that make for good stories.

>>What kinds of gifts do you give to people?

useful ones.

What exactly is the difference between Modern and Ancient Belkin systems?

From what I can recall: Modern trends toward energy weapons, Ancient trends toward mass-based. Signum's sword is an actual, legit, sword that she smacks you with, and Vita's ranged attack consists of summoning metal balls which she whacks at you, for example. Fate, on the other hand, has a laser-scythe/laser-sword, and tends to use lasers... not that the Ancient Belkans /don't/, since Signum's bow-form shoots laser-arrows, but it's rarer with them. Also, it seems to be that Modern Belkan users tend to use both melee and range in relatively equal measure, while Ancient Belkan users will use ranged if they have to, but tend to prefer walking up to you and smashing your face in.

Hope.

Or a harem. Depends on the situation.

Makes sense.

Another question if you don't mind. If you have the Book of Darkness, dos it keep all of the Linker Cores it steals generating mana or is it just a finite, non-regenerating pool that you'll have to recharge?

Is there anyway to have my cake and eat it too when using dragon break? Like, both outcomes are good and I want both?

Oh and another. Is there a limit to how far the Knights can be from the Book?

>Fate, on the other hand, has a laser-scythe/laser-sword, and tends to use lasers
Small note, Fate uses Mid-Childan, not Belkin.

Nope.

Break one of the Dragon's Bones, motherfucker.

Amnesia and Scaling Threats, mainly.

Because I don't trust anyone except me to be in charge of my chain, even if that other one is temporarily me.
I'm also not super great at doing the train for four thousand years on a windswept mountaintop thing or whatever, and barely know what I'm capable of at any particular moment in time. Or even really try to realize that potential. But I have to assume a scaled threat WOULD know that, and be capable of acting on it. So it's basically a "this person is as strong as you WOULD be if you weren't so fucking lazy all the time, and actually knows what they're doing". At which point that prettymuch becomes an autoloss for me, because wow, you guys have no idea how much I purposefully job everything.

I usually just ask people what they want.

There's no jumper bullshit answer there, although I am specc'd pretty heavily in replicating or making stuff.
But it's just, that's what I do in real actual life, and I see no reason to change it as a jumper.

The Knights went to other dimensions on multiple occasions in A’s, so probably not.

Sayaka and the Book of Dawning Sky Guardians/AI.

Well demons of astlan has a really good crafting perk for magic and magitech.

Anything that compromises my mental capability without also sealing my powers to some extent. Because at this point, me without full control over the cosmic forces I embody is a disaster waiting to happen.

Loss conditions and companion harm can be contributing factors too, depending on how severe they are and how they're fluffed.

Depends on how well I know them. If I do fairly well, it's like said.

If not-I use my wish magitech to create a pseudo-miracle shell that collapses wave-particle forms and manifests destiny to deposit an ideal gift near them.

It can start generating once it hits 666 pages and becomes a full Unison device, but I think it's just a battery up till then?

If there is, we've never encountered it.

*checks*.

... HUH. Well. I have no idea why I thought she used Modern Belkan. In that case, fuck if I know, because Erio and Subaru both trend toward mass-based attacks when not explicitly acting out-of-style.

Power Loss. Too much of a pessimist to assume I'd survive.

Additional Loss Conditions I avoid when possible and only really take when I know I can win in a decade pretty easily.

I take Amnesia drawbacks all the time though. Even got a whole protocol to limit the damage caused by it. Got this video set up in my warehouse to go off at the start of every jump. The idea is for my companion to lure me into the warehouse, I sit on a bean bag, a video starts explaining the whole jumper thing and teaches me how to use the perk Speed Reading from the Princess Bride. From there there's an excessively large book with a description of some of my key abilities and how to use them which I read instantly with Speed Reading and become decent at using them through Scholarship from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It took 3 amnesia drawbacks for me to decide to set all this up.

Speaking of Nanoha-is there any clue on how teh Lost Logia were actually made, or are they just what happens when you throw enough science and Linker Cores at the wall until something sticks? Because other than the Saint's Cradle they seem to resemble magical artifacts more than technology.

Speaking of pokemon, what legendaries did you captured and took with you?

Ho-Oh on my return! I got a rainbow wing and with Colress's help, we used a Masterball to catch it.

I rely on Raven to provide common sense when my own fails.
I rely on Frisk to reach out a hand in friendship where I only see the need for violence.
I rely on Muffet to always be there with a smile and a tray of baked goods when the day was a rough one.
I rely on Rip Van Winkle to remind me that sometimes unleashing the monster inside is the solution.

Of course, those are very simplistic statements. I rely on each of them for more than just one thing.

If there is still ground visible between your minions and the sky is not black with writhing forms awaiting your command, you have not summoned enough minions.

A little bit, but it's not like anyone is going to call you on it.

Guru from Chrono Trigger is arguably one of the best ones out there.

I tend to stay away from personality altering drawbacks. I also don't like No Companions or Companion Harming drawbacks. Scaling enemies seem uncreative, but can make for an interesting narrative at times.

I don't mind power loss ones, since I tend to operate with just what I buy for a given Jump if at all possible anyways. Amnesia is iffy, but a lot of those tend to only affect the Jumper and not the Companions, so they can be worked around fairly easily.

Happy birthday. I tend to give out enchanted cloaks. Not invisibility ones, but those designed with illusion magic so a scene appears to be playing out on them. Like making it appear to be made out of water with koi swimming in the shifting waves. Of course, my Companions get entirely different presents, but those are a little more private.

> or are they just what happens when you throw enough science and Linker Cores at the wall until something sticks? Because other than the Saint's Cradle they seem to resemble magical artifacts more than technology.
Basically exactly that, Spiral-kun. Lost Logia is essentially just a catch-all term for "This thing is really powerful magitech and we don't really know how it works."
They are generally assumed to have come from some lost civilization or otherwise unknown source, such that information on how they work is not easily obtained, and are usually powerful enough to be dangerous in the wrong hands, hence the utilization of sealing spells to incapacitate them and the TSAB's goal of collecting them.

They are basically plot devices.
Whatever the "plot" is varying from story to story.
Sometimes that's just "we need these girls to go on a collection quest so they have a rivalry with each other", and sometimes it's, "we need a powerful artifact to do cool stuff".
Those all fall under the purview of Lost Logia.

If you're interested in replicating things with jumper shenanigans, I imagine you would have to take them on a case by case basis. There's not really a consistent theme among them, other than the things I just said.

It doesn't take that long when you create half of it out of illusions and magic up the other half. I put a lot of the classics inside. Chainsaw wielding maniacs, hydras, skeleton hordes, witches that would turn a person's skin a different color while they were inside the house. Most people thought it was the most awesome haunted house ever.

Strangest thing was, I got reports of an animatronic dog-creature wandering the halls, whispering threateningly from a static-filled voice box. Now I know I didn't put anything like that in there. Raven swore she didn't either. And when I was dismantling the whole affair, I felt someone wandering the halls with me. I caught a glimpse of it, for just a moment, a tattered dog-like mascot suit with wires and gears and far too many teeth. He also seemed to be... dripping.

At one point it whispered right in my ear.
B͉͡e̛͙͎͇̘̥̖̘̯͞t̼̮͘͘w̸̷̙̙̳ȩ̥̙̙͎̙̱́e̶̬̗̤͇͚̣͜n͓̙̫̱̭̯͘͜ ̰͉͜͜t͉̱̠͔̣̹͕̠̗̀h̸̜͉̼e̗͈̻̯͘ ̷̶̲̬͉̬͚͕͈͚̕c̷̡̙͉̺͟r̵̜͡a̛͉̪̪̼c̶̘̞̻͚ķ̪͖̩͝s̬̰̦̹͈̹̱͔
̶͚̼͙͠B̴̟͓e̛̥̪͙̖͉̦t̢̞͡w̥̥͇̮̙̘̩̖ͅę͍͈̹̮ḙ̵͍̟̻̼̭̳͘͝ǹ̴̹͚̘̹͕̺̙ ̴̙͕͕̻͈͜t̴̛̠̗̠͔̞͇̥̳̬͘h̤̲͎̗͓̰̟e͙̼̦̬͙̣̳̥͘ͅ ͔̰͜s̖̀́c̛̠͇͕̦r̫̭̟̭̭̠ͅe͇̣a͍̭͚̯͎̼̞̪͟m̢̙̕ś͉̖̣͕̦̺͘
̵̵̛̰̤͚̭Į̶̮̩̮̪̤͙͚̲͜'̧̡̜͓͓̰̙̠̤ĺ̡̳͜l͈̹̖̀ ̵̞̮̕f̙͍i̛͏̫̦̗̤̼̮͝ņ̰̥̭̩͍͎̕d̛̛̫̞̮̟̱͚͢ ̛̰̪͓̥̘̮̰͈̻͞y̧̱͔̤͔̭͠o̜͙̭͇u̠̩͈̟͖̗̗͓ ̲̺́͘͢l̬͙a̧̻̟̝̖̯̰͢t̶̻è̛̳̱̠̩ͅr̦̹̟̞̖̦͔͖͜
̢̫̮̩͉̟Ì͇̺͙̹n̝̺̘̤̼ ̷̷̮̹̺͔y̴̡͎͚̻̪̤ͅͅǫ̷̖̫̲͍͓̟̤̦͇ų̻͈r̳͍̤̲̠͈̘͟͠ ̛̦̣ͅd̫͖̬̦͉̞͙̗͟͡r͇̮̀͜ȩ̟͙̟̫̻͡a̸̢̖̩̞̮͞m͙̲͜s̴͉̳̣̭͔̠̩͔.̜̮̯̩͖
I don't do haunted houses as often anymore.

What are the best supernatural languages and what can they do? Do they sound good to the ear? I already know about the ones in Fallen London and Inheritance.

There's a DND class that lets you change reality by speaking
There's the dragon tongue from Skyrim
The language of the Angels (and a few others that Index uses) in Index is fairly good IIRC.

Boyo I'd be here forever if I talked about my companions and how they helped me because I have so many...but my companions save my life all the time! And they help me with stuff.

I think Colress has been the most helpful, though. Through his backstabbing ways, he's been a really helpful mentor and guide.

Why does that duck have teeth and boobs?

I can't help but feel you're concentrating on the wrong details.

Furries.

It's horrors. Ducks are not supposed to have teeth or breasts.

>DND class that lets you change reality
That one seems interesting. What class is this?

That's Chica, from Five Nights At Freddies. She's an animatronic that was already creepy before it malfunctioned and started killing people, and then on top of that got possessed by an angry ghost and started killing people even more. The teeth are because all the animatronics have a universal endoskeleton system that they all share, it happens to have teeth. The boobs are because Fazbear Entertainment has some weird design sense. In retrospect, it probably should have been obvious that the CEO was a serial killer who targeted children.

Truenamer. They use the true name of things to force events to happen.
In game it's pretty shit but lore wise it's supposed to be able to become extremely powerful

alcyius.com/USRD/srd/classes/baseTom/truenamer.html
1d4chan.org/wiki/Truenamer

Well, I think I have a new class to make a build for now. Even if it is shit.

Those aren't teeth, not really, they are just part of the bill. I mean its not like beaks aren't fairly fearsome in their own way, people just tend to forget that there isn't that big of a difference in material between what an eagle has, and what a duck has. The only real difference is in shape.

Aww. Thanks anyway. Getting some real Symphogear vibes from the things.

I did detect one fairly recurrent theme-lots of them either are, amplify or seem to run on multiple units of energy equivalent to a Linker Core. I can't seem to find the serum on the wiki so I dunno if it's canon or not, but if it is-could it be possible, in theory, to synthesise it with enough soul-energy that it counts as a sort of high-grade magical energy fuel?

Huh.

I...guess you're in for a bad time when the FnaF jump's done, huh?

The Thu'um uses the power of Akatosh's soul to warp the natural world.

High Speed Divine Words lets you cast a form of Magecraft so much better than modern Magecraft it's described as basically True Magic-lite. It's literally just ancient Greek but for some reason modern humans can't pronounce it properly.

sunnyway.com/runes/odins_magic.html for Odin's runes. The Nasuverse version seems to be more of an all-purpose magic system focusing on blasting stuff though.

Old Tainish from Unsounded is apparently the original language of the gods, which influences the soul energy of the afterlife. Its' big gimmick is associating and transplanting concepts from different objects.

It's worth noting there are dialects of the Correspondence. The Masters speak a corrupted version that cracks the ground with heat. Mt. Nomad and the Lorn-Flukes can seemingly speak a more "complete" version that can blow up ships, and the Bazaar's lacre contains tiny symbols that resemble Correspondence sigils.

Oh, and the funny thing about Buffy magic is that if you're a powerful enough mage and you're in a rush, you can apparently just skip the incantation and throw a fit at the forces of magic to get something done.