Veeky Forumsheim was 4 years ago

>Veeky Forumsheim was 4 years ago
Any of you fags still around?
Are there enough people on the board interested to try and Make Mordheim Great Again?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Veeky
strawpoll.me/12215388
discordapp.com/channels/275068961106821120
discord.gg/9B5r4
discord.gg/XMermh9
broheim.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Veeky Forumsheim was 4 years ago
Holy fuck was it?

I didn't play much, but I hosted a board and helped out noobs and stuff for a while there.

March 2013 the wiki went up.

Well shit on my dick and call me a mollywog.

I think the issue was people wanted updates to the rules without going full coreheim. That's why we started going with frostgrave wasn't it?

I always liked Empire in Flames with some stuff deleted.

I'm down to chat and whatever though, mordheim is one of my favourite games of all time.

I'll keep the thread bumped for a while to gauge interest, see where we go from there.

I still have the pdf some user put up from ages ago. Good to see at least a little interest in it

I remember. I never played in the league but took part in the threads. The biggest appeal for me in Mordheim was always the figures. I still love the game the though.

>frostgrave
Really great stuff here, especially in the expansions. Just wish dude was better at balancing.

What's Frostgrave?

>spiritual successor of Mordheim
>balanced
C'mon, it just wouldn't be the same!
#slingwall #deathToManThings

>In this fantasy skirmish wargame, wizards do battle amidst the frozen ruins of the ancient city of Felstad in the hopes of discovering the treasures of a fallen empire. Each player takes on the role of a wizard from one of ten schools of magic, and builds his band of followers. The wizard's apprentice will usually accompany his master and more than a dozen other henchmen types are available for hire, from lowly thugs to heavily armoured knights and stealthy assassins. Wizards can expand their magical knowledge by unlocking ancient secrets and can learn up to 80 different spells. As they gain power and wealth, wizards can also develop their headquarters on the outskirts of the city, turning one of a dozen different basic locations into bastions of their art, equipping them with alchemical laboratories, mystical forges, astronomical telescopes and other magical resources. While individual games of Frostgrave are quick and can easily be played in an hour or two, it is by connecting these games into an ongoing campaign, that players will find the most enjoyment. The scenarios given in the book are merely the beginning of the limitless, thrilling adventures that can be found amidst the ruins of the lost city.
I kinda get that part as it seems to lean heavily toward narrative play, but in a campaign theres a host of problems which arise.
There are a bunch of fixes like removing the collect all treasure from last player standing and instead rewarding exp, removing wizard exp for kills and instead rewarding for casts, replacing the 1-2 dead wizard roll result, and it goes on.

The ease with which Clanrats merkd my Noble in Gromril (with helmet and shield) always hurt.

What was Veeky Forumsheim?

Ranged crits are nasty and when you're rolling so many dice you're bound to get some just by the sheer probability.
The worst of the cheese is easily corrected by two small houselures:
Sligshot is S2. When wounding only on 6+, you can't crit.
The first one also hurts Sisters a bit, but they can take it.

Veeky Forumsheim was Mordheim campaign organized by Veeky Forums, I did not participate so I wouldn't know the details.

I've always wanted to try Frostgrave, I would play the shit out of a campaign of it.

>What was Veeky Forumsheim?
1d4chan.org/wiki/Veeky Forumsheim
An open free-for-all campaign using community agreed-upon rules fixes and tweaks to make the game more balanced but without taking too much away from the core rules. With one or two tweaks Mordheim worked amazingly well on roll20 maps, and at its peak we had several dozen anons running warbands.
If we got it back up and running again I'd definitely be in.

How could you make Mordheim work well on R20?

It really shines if you can get a consistent group together. The game almost becomes just a mechanism for collaborative/narrative worldbuilding.

My only complaints (which don't have much ground to stand on given tabletop games traditionally encourage customization), aside from some balance issues, are:
1. Game didn't launch with spell cards, and when they were later released they did not provide increased functionality. (Ended up making my own and some spellbooks for housing and tracking modifications with dry erase markers)
2. Game doesn't seem to benefit from playing on a nongrid space. Ended up transitioning to hexes since it was less intimidating to my nontabletop friends.
3. Inconsistency may create confusion for your nontabletop friends. The most common example I encountered is some units have bonuses baked into their stats while others do not. That fucker should have just allowed all bonuses to be accounted for as once spells start adding modifiers to equipment, if an experienced player isn't in group play is going to slow to a turtles pace and odds incorrect play can increase. I ended up making unit cards with all bonuses removed from base stats, also allowed players to name characters and track modifiers with dry erase marker.

You randomly generate a 50x50ft map and decide what counts as a building and what counts as cover like trees and walls. You then used the somewhat simplified building rules for climbing, LoS and high ground. It's all very clean and works well with Mordheim's d6 rules.
Of course, others used their own custom, super HD maps, which were fine too as long as both parties were happy using them.

Other than roll20's in built measuring tool, I liked using these movement tokens with auras set to walk/run speed. You just dropped it on your token and you had a clear visual indicator as to how far you could move. Sped things up immensely.

I started playing Wyrdwars (Mordheim fanrules) this summer. And I play a mercenary highlander warband with this guy as my mage.

This guy is a sergeant. The pic if from when he wasn't finished yet.

Was never able to appreciate these goofy ass 80s sculpts, but I envy the love people profess for them.
Currently bashing an elven forest massenliche from this body. Progress has been slow going.

Live damn it.
Also if it's still up later I'll post the pdfs I have

The things I would bash from that body...

I love Mordheim and want to support anything to do with reviving it but sadly everything played over the internet is fucking cancer. Call me a grognard if you want but just please explain why taking out the social interaction and actual hobbying from the hobby is a good thing.

Fuck I just hate roll20 and shit like that so much.

I'm not an internet fan myself but sometimes its the only alternative, noone games around you or its hard to get to the club on time or just plain noone gives a fuck about Mordheim and would rather do Infinitwhythefuck

Yea, but the fact is that gaming over the internet also further diminishes the local gaming groups. So many people in Veeky Forums -hobbies are so fucking lazy that they jump at the chance at not going through any trouble at all and rather sit at home playing Veeky Forumsshit like fucking vidya.

And now people get fucking offended if you try to put up a gaming group that does all the gaming in-person.

>Wtf do you mean I have to have minis to play with you guys? Thats fucking stupid.
>Do I really have to come over there myself, cant we like chat in discord or something?
>Why isn't my character pre-made for me wtf my internet-group uses these ready cookie-cutter chars

I'm just fucking lonely and angry at the decline of my favourite hobby...

Dem Warlord sheep?

I got me some a' them too.

Man I had so much fun participating in this. My Ogre warband was the shit. gromril on my leader was awesome. Too bad he got killed by a bunch of sling sisters during an ambush...

Such is life in Mordheim?

I personally play online because tabletop gaming is practically nonexistent on my country and I doubt any of my friends would want to play

Looks like we might get something going again if a few more people show support. American hours coming up about now, let's see what they say.

>everything played over the internet is fucking cancer
My gaming group live in: London, Kyoto, Manilla, California, Washington, Zagreb and Helsinki.

Mordheim doesn't really work online because of the core imbalances and the flimsiness of any "no dicks" agreement. It's better in a physical group, especially if you have someone playing NPC warbands and actually vetting lists/planning out a campaign like a GM.

Necromunda is a bit better with online play.

Most well adjusted people use gaming as a hobby, not as a surrogate for a life.

The problem lies within you.

I think you're missing the part where we ran this campaign for several weeks with close to 100 anons without any real problems at all.

I mean, I was part of it and I'm responding to the guy talking about slinging sisters. The campaign that was run here was heavily houseruled in the first place, but even beyond that people totally did play max skaven sling lists, abusive sisters lists, etc. I saw them.

The best dude was the one whose human warband was fluffed as a bunch of football players lost in time.

some pdf stuff

because i love you fucks

campaign aid

posting in what I think is most useful first

Carnival Master here, spreading Nurgles Rot every month^^
Second Party is chaos dwarves, sorcerer with chaos engine+ bull centaur team up reaving and raping entire sectors of the battlefield-shit is everytime so cash

heh perfect timing mate

Last one gents. enjoy

Thanks for all the documents user. I've never played Mordheim although I've always wanted to, never had friends who were willing.

I wanted to make a TK warband, and I seem to remember rules for them floating around. Were they ever released as a warband officially? Same goes for lizardmen.

They were part of the Lustria setting. They had a couple of rules unique to Lustrian campaigns but they were playable in the league with very little tweaking.
Undead warbands on the whole are incredibly powerful early on because of how dangerous Fear is to rookie bands.

strawpoll.me/12215388

Vote here, if you'd be so kind.

strawpoll.me/12215388

So wait, if we start this up again, do we stick with Mordheim or do we go with Frostgrave, or what?

I'm down for Mordheim, but I also enjoy trying out new systems.

I guess I would be up for trying Frostgrave, but I have zero experience with it. We'd need someone who knows the system to help establish some groundrules and maybe help others learn it.

That's true. I guess we'll see who we can get.

I'd be down for either, but I do want to try out Frostgrave.

Still play Mordheim IRL. Never played online. What do user?

Where would one find good tokens for R20 Mordheim?

Make them yourself, I made mine.

Holy shit I missed it but want in so badly.

Is another one happening?

COUNT ME IN

They were basketball players I think.

And I'd be down if we're trying to start this back up.

How do I get people to want to play it with me? Every time I bring it up at my lgs they shoot me down for bringing up an old ass unsupported game

Why is my lgs so bad?

Play the AoS version 'Hinterlands'. It's obviously not the same, but you can dust off your warband and maybe get people to play real mortheim, if they like skirmish campaigns.

Theres a 300 something page compiliation rulebook that should be the first link if you google "Mordheim Rulebook" Got a lot of good stuff in it, including I believe all the warband lists from the OG rulebook plus the Town Crier stuff. Plus the random happenings table. Nothin quite like having a fresh warband beaten off the table in their first fight via unlucky flagellant spawns. Whats everyones warband consist of? What did models did you use to build em? So far I managed to throw together a skaven band from a box of clanrats, and did some modding to get a box of Glade Guard into a wood elf band.

DA BURRS were amazing.

I had some warbands that I wrote a lot of fluff bits for that I completely neglected to back up anywhere but the wiki, and it looks like most of the warbands from the first like 5 or 6 months of Veeky Forumsheim got purged.

But I'd be down for playing again, it was good shit.

Someone set up a Discord or something, I'm not very good at managing communities.

>suggest creation of Discord
>I'm not very good at managing communities.
Figures.

I'm used to IRC but I thought discord was the rage these days.

Discord a shit

>discordapp.com/channels/275068961106821120

I made a discord server. I will personally be setting up a Frostgrave game or two. I have never played Frostgrave or Mordheim. If you want to join me, join me. If not, eat a marshmellow, I'm not your supervisor, go, live your life, be free, be alive, dance the dance of your forefathers.

Wrong link, I think. I've also never set up a discord before.

>discord.gg/9B5r4

>discord.gg/9B5r4

Claims the invite is expired.

>discord.gg/XMermh9
I set this one not to expire.

It's pretty good actually, certainly beats fucking Skype these days for making voice calls.

Join'd, I've also never made a Discord server before, but I have some experience managing one, and I know some people that I can ask about things that I can't figure out myself.

broheim.net/

Decent reference site, my droogs.

Remember, if you run it, they will come...

We Frostheim now.

Giving this a bump.

And another.

Pics of warbands? Comments/Questions/Complaints about modeling a warband? Id love to see what everyone else does for their bands.

Aside from literally seeing the tag line about "Wizards fighting in the Frozen Wastes" I know nothing about Frostgrave. Was actually a little turned away by the mention of magic. Mechanically what works differently from Mordheim? I assume a bigger focus on casters?

Not just bigger. Frostgrave puts all the focus on the wizard and his apprentice who lead the warband-- they're the ones who gain exp and rank up, build a base, learn new spells etc.

There is apparently a supplement which adds in an optionally a captain who is mundane but gains exp, but I'm not familiar with it.

I could see some benefit to that, only having a few people you really need to keep track of XP wise could simplify some of the game. Although I kinda enjoy watching scrappy little henchmen level up and become legitimate contributing members of Mordheim society. Frankly I think thats one of the biggest pulls of the game for me. That single clan rat who refuses to die, and somehow manages to take down a dwarf Noble, Engineer, and a Beardling all on his own. Only to fall from a ledge and get stepped on next match