Warhammer 40k general

Slow Friday edition.

previous
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for Cadia

Arrrrooooooooooo

So is anyone salty that GW is gonna spend the next half-year going through all these "This is what X or Y faction was doing during the Fall of Cadia" rather than advancing the story?

I know
>advancing the plot
has become a meme, but I really want to know the implications of the Eye of Terror expanding for the wider Imperium.

You called?

crank that soulja boy

>So is anyone salty that GW is gonna spend the next half-year going through all these "This is what X or Y faction was doing during the Fall of Cadia" rather than advancing the story?
No because all of the other shit is advancing the story too.

No, since it means every faction gets some attention.

That's a very good point actually, I'm just stewing on a bit of a cliffhanger because of how frankly apocalyptic this is for humanity.

True.

>t. necron player who knows they're gonna get overlooked for meaningful plot development because shoehorning a meme character into the imperium's story counts as necron love

I am a tyranid player

my sadness is infinite

I mean, I'm sure you guys can steal plenty of biomass while everyone's looking the other way, right? Right?

No but seriously given how popular GSC has proven it would be dumb for geedubs not to throw you guys a bone.

tfw more Eldar qt3.141s soon

are we entering a new age of 40k waifus?

I just want new Chaos Space Marine or Slaanesh Daemons. I feel I'm not going to get that until after the Gathering Storm and that Traitor Legions was just released to tide us over.

So how do we fix Boys, anons?

However, no point reductions and I has to be 2!

>So is anyone salty that GW is gonna spend the next half-year going through all these "This is what X or Y faction was doing during the Fall of Cadia" rather than advancing the story?

The events of the first 4 End Times books. Nagash, Glottkin,, Khaine, Thanqoul happened at the same time. The story moved on and concluded at the final book, Archaon.

It seems like a GW writing trend.

>but I really want to know the implications of the Eye of Terror expanding for the wider Imperium.

Abaddon underlined. The Eye will take him to Terra or it will utterly destroy the galaxy. Either way, it doesn't matter. It's all going to end.

Abaddon going to Terra doesn't mean the story's over. I mean, the Emperor could very much revive somehow and push back.

Nothing other than change Mob rule.
The rules of the entire game needs to be changed to make melee viable outside of just T1 charges.

T4 W2 FNP6+
Nobz T5 W3 FNP5+
Warboss T7 W6 FNP3+

Any orks in a unit above 50% strength have Eternal Warrior

That seems FAIR AND BALANCED

So... I kinda just bought units I liked the look of and some cheap deals on eBay and ended up with an army I'm not sure how to play.
It's blood angels, I can run it as a CAD or Baal strike force, how shit is this?

Captain 150
Claw, combi-melta, veritas vitae, melta bomb, jump pack

Librarian 120
Terminator armour, level 2, storm bolter

5 tactical marines 80
Heavy flamer

5 tactical marines 80
Heavy flamer

5 tactical marines 90
Combi-plasma, melta
Razorback 90
Las-plas, ram

Command squad 190
Power fist, two meltas, two storm Shields

Tactical terminators 200

I'm going to roll twice on strategic for master of ambush.

who will be in the:

Ork triumqvirate.
Tau triumvirate.
Tyranid triumvirate.
Necron triumvirate.
Chaos triumvirate.
Space Marine triumvirate

Ork Clan Tactics / detachments

>it worked for CSM

For Orks
>Orkimides
>Gazzy
>DA RED GOBBO

So now that we know that the DEldar are fucking idiots who bred super nids do you think that the over taking of the dark city is going to be the nids story ark?

>Orkimides
>Gazzy
>Old Zogwort

Tyranids have been narratively irrelevant for a long time. the last time they had a significant effect on the setting was hive fleet leviathan.

I don't think GW even knows what to do with them story wise and they sure as hell don't give a shit about them as an army in the game.

All choppa type weapons have Momentum (re-roll wounds on charge).
1/5 special weapons, including new burna and big choppa acess
3 point 'eavy armour
may upgrade to 'ard boys with 6+ fnp

Orks in general may charge out of vehicles at cruising speed with a dangerous terrain check (test negated by a upgrade)

I like the old style of doing it. Leadership = unit size. Anything over 10 gives Fearless. Maybe it counts wounds instead of models, and instead of Fearless it gives Stubborn. 20 gives Fearless and 30 gives Feel No Pain +1?

>2 T4 wounds for 6 points
>FAIR AND BALANCED

Made me hmm.

Abaddon, Lorgar and Perturabo.

Tau triumvirate.
>Farsight
>Shadowsun
>OC (guessing Ethereal or Fireblade)

Necron triumvirate.
>Silent King
>Immotek
>OC (guessing Cryptek)

Chaos triumvirate.
>Abaddon
>Daemon Prince
>Sorcerer

Space Marine triumvirate
>Dante
>Calgar
>Azereal

My money's on Abaddon achieving apotheosis as a result of the Crimson Path, so maybe he is the daemons.

Based on the box design of a doomsday clock being made out of 4 x boxes... I'm sure w'ere only getting 4 of these

>Space Marine triumvirate

Roboute Guliman, Lion El'Jonson, Leman Russ

There's not much you really can do with Nids. They don't have character, personality, or story.
There's no relatable or justifiable endgoal, and no real struggle for them.
They just show up, kill everything or get killed, and that's that.
There's no background to this, and no real sense of victory or defeat when they do anything.
At absolute best, they're an excuse for other factions to get some development by fighting them, but that's every other faction at their worst.

>Azereal
>not Lorgar

>Tyranid triumvirate
Continuing the theme of female characters
>Dominatrix
>Norn Queen
And just for fun, everyone's favorite tyranidn who was cucked to death in 6E
>Old One Eye

As fond as I am of them this user has a point. They make Abaddon nuanced and sympathetic by comparison.

Honestly replacing mob rule with stubborn would make boyz okay. Have the bosspole be a flat re-roll to failed ld checks and you're golden.

>not swarmlord and death leaper
Its like you dont even follow the fluff :^)

Which means Xenos Triumvirate
>Led by Farsight, as the Hero
>Supported by the Silent King, as the Support
>with Ghazghkull, taking up the rear, as the Heavy

I personally think it is without fail going to be the swarmlord, deathleaper and one other random tyranid character.

The problem is these are all shit, tyranid players don't want them and just want either tyranids that have been depicted in epic or fluff but not 40k or new versions of Old One Eye, the Red Terror and the Doom of malan'tai.

Tyranid players ever getting anything they either want or need does seem basically impossible though.

Mob Rule
If a unit composed entirely of models with this special rule meets AT LEAST TWO of the following THREE criteria...
-It is locked in combat
-It has at least 10 wounds remaining between its models
-It includes at least one character
...Then it is Fearless
If the unit meets ONE of the criteria, it rerolls failed leadership tests.
If it meets NONE of the criteria, it receives no benefit from Mob Rule.

Reposting, still not sure if I should drop the third blob of zombies and the bike meltabombs for a second battery of wyverns

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105

2 Strike Battery: Wyverns: 110
3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons, Lascannon: 480
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Void Shield Generator 50

Allies: Death Guard Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord on bike: MoN, The Black Mace: 145

10 Cultists: MoN: 70

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Power Axe, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Meltabombs: 242

That clock already existed before the boxes.

The Tyranids have connection to the warp, right?
Why haven't they created a Chaos god?
Alternatively, why doesn't Tzeench or Khorne support the fuck out of them?

>stubborn... ...the bosspole be a flat re-roll to failed ld checks.
58% chance to pass Ld 7, ~82% to pass Ld 7 with reroll

Looks good.
Personally I'd make only Nobs (characters and unit) and Warbosses Stubborn, and make it so if Orks fail they fall back to the nearest Ork unit of same unit type and then merge / rally when getting into coherency

>tyranid players are hyper conservative because change has consistently fucked them and they want to go back to the good old days

The Tyranids have zero connection to the warp

Daily reminder that Age of the Emperor isn't happening

Would you guys say that the Eldar half of death masque for £60 is good value?

I want to start an army.

>you can get locked in assault by consolidating into enemy unit

Y/N?

Oh please

>buffing melee in a shooting edition
Sure, why the warp not?

Wrong, the Hivemind is in the Warp. It interacted with chaos Gods and the Golden Light of Terra.

it was the case in 4e if i'm not mistaken
hated melee in 4e

>t shill

I thought Nids couldn't harness the warp thus why they aren't technically psykers?

maybe they are setting us up for nid-elves, a whole army of kerrigans

They harness the Warp via the Hivemind.

Tyranids don't interact with the warp like normal sentient beings since they don't have "souls" or even individual consciousnesses. Instead the hive mind uses the warp for communication, which creates the so-called "Shadow in the Warp" that makes astropath communication impossible, makes psykers bleed from their eyes etc.

The NIDS themselves aren't psykers but the hive mind does the psychic stuff for them.

Bit dissapointed, actually. I wanted it to happen.

id just quit fucking playing nids then might as well play GSCs

They will be.
Slaanesh is getting canned and the Hive Mind will take the spot as the fourth Chaos God, letting Tyranids join the Grand Chaos Alliance

That's not quite right. The hive mind isn't a discreet entity, it's the collective intelligence and consciousness of all tyranid organisms. Imagine that individual organisms are neurons in a brain and that they're linked together through the warp by synapse creatures.

>Tau
>Not darkstrider as third choice
He's a combination of farsight and shadowsun, he'll reunite them.

They also said to a guy last week who had been collecting and painting Biel Tan for 20 years that it was not going to be annihilated so...

I like how there's people who still insist Slaanesh is not getting shitcanned as GW is introducing the deity whose sole function in the narrative is to at least subdue if not outright destroy Slaanesh.

I was more thinking that one close combat Ethereal taking over Aun'Va's currently vacant seat.

I mean, for £35 more you get a deathwatch squad, a dreadnought and a boardgame. Haggle them down. I would max out at £45-50.

the old 3e mobbing up rules?

Yeah, that'd be neat. Honestly orks only need small changes and tweaks to be okay. Problem is all the fan writers decide to go full retard to compete with whatever flavour of the month is present at the time.

It wasn't. It just split up into a bunch of smaller ships.

Da Klanz

Goffs - All boys get +1 WS, W and T.
Waagh-band or Goff Kill Mob

Evil Sunz - All DT now free. You can disembark and charge even if you move more than 6".
Waagh-band or Jalopies! (Always get first turn and get free move at start of the game)

Bad Moons - All upgrades are free. 1 in 5 boys (or all nobs) can take Kustom Mega-Blasta.
Waagh-band or Nazdreg Boys ( All inf.units can DS and scstter with 1 dice. Shoot twice after DS)

Deathskulls - boys and nobs can change they shootas in following:
Pulse Rifle
Bolter of any type
Shuriken Catapult
Tesla Carbines
Access to all vehicle from other codex. It get fast type, open-topped and BS 2.
Waagh-band or Lucky Skull ( All orks get 6+ inv. and 6+ fnp. Failed rolls must be re-rolled)

Blood Axes - Kommandos get steals+shroud, can chardge after reserv. Access to all IG vehicle.
Waagh-band or tacticz mob ( +1 to your reserv roll and -2 enemy. You can enter in 12" from edge of table.)

Snakebites - all orks get 4+ FNP and move, run and charge +4"
Waagh-band or Green Tide.

>Tau
>Not three Riptides

It is an entity. Both mortal and divine characters have interacted with it. It displayed anger and hurt when warp creatures or mortals damaged it via warpy means.

Honestly with how these Tri boxes have been going, I'm expecting OCs
>Imperium was 2/3 OC
>Coteaz could've been given a plastic model and replaced Greyfax, but we got hat.

>Eldar was 3/3 OC, with Ynnead's Avatar being the most would expect.

I don't understand this mentality.

>I've been collecting Cadians for xty years and now their planet is destroyed I'm being squatted
>I've been collecting Biel-Tan for xty years and now their craftworld is destroyed I'm being squatted

I don't think their homeworld getting destroyed stopped pic related from being fielded as an army.

It's on ebay, it was originally 40 but it just went up to 65.

It's a shame element games doesn't have it in stock. I would have liked to have bought it there.

You know of anywhere else I can check? I don't really like buying Warhammer at full price, even if it's a god-tier deal like DM is.

So you guys like the retcon about the Craftworlds being a lot of ships joined together rather than a single huge vessel?

It wouldn't personally bother me but I can understand why it would bother some people.

I said it's not a DISCREET entity. It is not separate from the tyranid organisms themselves, it's continuously generated by them, that's why it's called a hive mind. If you killed every physical tyranid there wouldn't be a non-physical hive mind being left over in the same way that you can kill the followers of a chaos god without causing any harm to the chaos god itself.

Sure I like it, since it now means we know the Phalanx is probably bigger than anything those knife eared faggots built without bolting several things together.

>Look at my giant car! The biggest car in the world!
You've just bolted 10 normal cars together
>REEEEEEE It's the biggest car in the world!

>It is not separate from the tyranid organisms themselves, it's continuously generated by them

But what about the Tyranids are are independent from the Hivemind like the Sawrmlord and genestealers?

I kind of like the imagery of all the remaining Eldar ships coming together after the fall in random spots and just being all 'Well what now?' and sticking together for saftey. But I'm not an Eldar players so...

Genestealers were designed as infiltration units to operate outside of the hive mind

the swarmlord is a recycled tyranid consciousness, its the original Hive tyrant mind and its neural configuration gets brought back from suspension whenever the nids are having trouble

all the other hive tyrants work in similar ways, they just haven't been doing it nearly as long as the swarmlord has so they don't have as much gravitas

the tau triumvirate will just be 3 wings of 3 riptides each

Sure, I'm always a fan to keep morale around, but let different armies handle it.

SM auto rally, Orks just retreat until they show up with even more friends, Tyranids are fearless in Synapse, etc.

>Problem is all the fan writers decide to go full retard to compete with whatever flavour of the month is present at the time.

Ya, because they "balance" against Scatbikes / Wraithknights because unless EVERYTHING is viable vs total cheese, their fandex is trash

Genestealers use a combination of instinctive infiltration behavior and their own localized version of the hive mind, often called "brood telepathy".

The swarmlord is really dumb, it's literally a hive-mind meme.

So when are we going to learn that the Tyranids were the old ones back up plan to kill the necrons? You know incase the krorks failed

This sounds like an excuse for a slaan riding a carnifex

If they were meant to kill Necrons theyd've been mechanovores.

>The swarmlord is the hive minds equivalent of getting so mad in an argument that it just starts posting image macros

No because the c'tan eat souls and tyranids have no souls to eat so to defeat the c'tan you just remove all the souls!

>eat souls
They eat vital energy.

Souls are chaos shit.

Are GSC the best recent codex?

>unique and fun to play
>easy to learn, but has some depth to it
>makes good use of all phases

>vital energy
sounds like souls to me

You'd also have to extinguish every star as that's the C'tans original food source.

Yep, makes the period after the fall much more interesting. Also makes a clear paralel with the comorragh.