/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

NO SHITPOSTING ALPHARIUS EDITION

I RLLY LIKE ALPHA LEGION AS YOU CAN TELL SUB EDITION

I really love you guys, even when you're all arguing sub-sub edition

Previous shitstorm >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. ITS IN THE OP FOR A REASON YOU HOMOS STOP ASKING FOR IT REEEEEEE
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for alpharius

fucking fag
Love you to babe

First for degenerate brood breeders.

Is a hive tyrant with just a bonesword good?

5th for dangles

Dangles need to stop team killing other heretics

Who is next after the Eldar book?

Tau or Marines

Looks to me like he's covering that beserker to me.

>gun pointed up and away
>sword pointing out a survivor on the ground
>clearly looking behind the beserker for a new target

>Source: YOUR ASS

This thread is being analysed by the Biologis. Please present any interesting Xenos, mutant or mechanical specimens for study.

(Anyone built, converted or come up with anything cool recently? Not had the chance to hobby much recently but I'll have some spare time in a couple weeks, hopefully.
Planning out a Genetor army using Admech and Skaven kits with Tyranid, Dark Eldar and Crypt Ghoul/horror parts thrown in. Going to have enough spares to make some Praetorian servitorgryn bodyguard for my Dominus/Cawl when I eventually pick him up, probably using the Custodes rules.)

Chaos probably. calling now: Abbadon, Fabius Bile and Typhus maybe Lucius.

>just a berzerker
>azrael kicking kharns ass

i mean if you wanted a real answer you should wait till this book comes out

I'm planning on building a nid with 8 limbs at some point

>implying we aren't going to get more shitty OC Donut steal

Cant wait for the butt hurt when they make a Khayon model.

We'd either get continuation of the story after first two books, or another book about faction dealing with Chaos.

Former seems way more likely, although you could have Necrons vs Chaos i guess.

So is there any better Demagouge devotion for an ex-Imperial Guard commander than Bloody Handed Reaver or Master of the horde? I dont feel like getting hotshots and carapace for ALL MY FUCKING VETS and master of the horde makes it seems like they are a bunch of untrained rabble, while I want to make them like an elite fighting force, something like Blood Pact. I plan on using one platoon and quite a lot of vets in chimeras, the rest being ethier wyverns or basilisks and some tanks.

>If you want them to have the amount of exposure that other factions have, then yeah they do need more.
Instead of giving them a Kerrigan, you can just change the lore slightly.

For example, instead of all Tyranid being connected, each Hive Fleet is now its own being. Then start a civil war. Hive Fleets competing over resources. Hive Fleets cannibalizing each other. Hive Fleets interfering with each other's battles to consume as much as possible.

Then you can have a reason for the Tyranid to actually ally with another faction. They can act as mercenaries in a sense for the more welcoming factions like Tau, since an alliance gives them an edge over other Hive Fleets. There's plenty of room for betrayal and tragedy there.

>going against the 6 appendage theme

You take a lot about khayon but know nothing about him. He is blind, surgically stripped of his powers, and locked inside a cell in Terra.

He ain't going anywhere.

Hive Fleets already sort of operate like that, minus the mercenaries part. That sounds kind of dumb.

More key I think is to have each Hive fleet be viewed in a similar way to a Chaos god, in the sense that Genestealer cultists will praise them in different ways and preach slightly differently, while the fleets themselves are defined more by what an outside observer views their behavior as.

Bloody-handed Reaver is supposed to represent renegade guardsmen recently fallen to chaos. It's the most "elite" you'll get your renegades. Really, the army list is designed to be a bunch of untrained rabble; an elite chaos force would probably done much better using counts-as.

I'm doing a pretty simple conversion for a Daemon Prince I just got, basically just swapping out the head for one from a Talos Pain engine in order to give him a sort of knightly-looking helmet, along with the various power armor pieces. Probably going to try and mock up a wrist sonic blaster for him to use that relic as well.

Oh. Feels bad man, I just wanted to use my normal guard models, not goddamn scions. Maybe not elite, guard tier, but all the other devotions seem to make them look like a bunch of untrained pansies.

I don't mean literally mercenaries, like a Termagant brokering out a deal in some council room. Just that, logically speaking, if you have the Tau or Chaos or Dark Eldar supporting your war, you'll have much more to consume, especially when the alternative is dying or getting eaten by a bigger Hive Fleet. And then when it's over, they can eat their allies too.

What chaoter tactic should I use for Marines Malevolent?

Hmm...I see what you mean.

I feel like part of this might be solved by putting in stranger hive fleet behavior when they're on the verge of extinction. Rather than just rush forward endlessly, some might flee rather than die, and then be forced to get creative.

That could range to allowing Genestealer cults to flourish even more heavily and outright not-eating them so they can have a mouthpiece to help their spread, or just having bizarre tactics that Tyranids don't normally do, like exclusively attacking ships like raiders or pirates.

If you want them to have the amount of exposure that other factions have, then yeah they do need more.

Look at how many different dynamics you can have in a Chaos vs X story, or Eldar vs X, then compare it to Tyranids vs anything. In a Chaos story you can have betrayals, face-turns/redemption arcs, personal vendetta's and revenge plots, falls from grace, Greek tradgedies etc.

And then Tyranids. There can never be character drama or development in a Tyranid story, because there are no characters. They can't ever be anything more than a faceless swarm of NPC's.

A d I mean if you like that then cool- I like 'nids. I'm just explaining to the anons from before why 'nids will never be allowed to have any real spotlight in the overall 40k universe.

>termagant brokering out a deal
You could of at least gone with a tervigon or a Hive Tyrant man. It's is still not a well thought idea IMO you then come to the terms where everything is still CTA because no one wants to be allies with a race of carnivorous aliens who could possibly turn on them and eat them at any moment.

Iron hands.

Trying to make an armored list for my fists.

Im mostly deciding about the razorback weapons (are asscans a good choice? ) and the tank choices.

You don't need to take a devotion for your demagouge. To represent well-trained, you could take arch-heretic revolutionary to fix most of the Ld problems so they seem like a disciplined force.

>chaoter
I have no idea why this is bugging me so.

I just thought everyone used the devotions desu. But yeah, while the Arch-Heretic Rev isnt really fitting the fluff of my traitors I think I`ll use it. It allows me to field my t-shirts vets and infantry. Now I just need to represent the disciples somehow. Also, are Maruaders really that bad? I mean if they wont break they seems to be real good.

That sounds like a good idea, but I dunno.

It bothers me as well, I keep making that typo.

>They need to take as much of that kind of shit as possible and throw it in the fucking trash.
I should have mentioned that. They should remove anything that Cruddace added and start from a clean slate.

I like the idea of them getting abilities on the tabletop to represent them "adapting" in the field. The "ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL" was something that seemed like a nice add-on. Literally, the Hive Mind itself pushing beasts past their limits and abilities. D3 Synapse units gaining certain abilities depending on the turn number and objective points earned could be interesting. Just have to figure out what... like maybe extra Psyker Mastery levels for certain things (Zoans, Tyrants, Broodloords, Patriarchs), or FNP at a 4+, or their carapace can harden to improve their save by +1.

The addition of collecting Biomass for killing and losing units has a precedent in the Khorne Daemonkin codex. Slaughtercult can opt to just lose Cultists if they have to take a single Morale Check for more Blood Tithe points. It's not that much bookkeeping. Especially if you could sacrifice certain units like Gargoyles, Hormagants, and Ripper Swarms. Gants would be too much since you can just poop out more with Tervigons. Though I suppose it could be tamed by just lessening the effect of certain levels of Biomass tokens or requiring more Biomass tokens for certain abilities.

They could have done so much with the Tyranids, but they made them out to be dumb beasts outside of synapse and so lack luster, with heaps of rules you don't need. Just simplify it.

People bitch about formations and all that noise, but what are fluffy armies you could not actually create following the standard CAD of 5e and earlier, ignoring 5e's unit restructuring based on ICs?
I mean, alone would have been outright impossible, it would take up too man heavy support choices.

Harlequins because they have no HQ :^)

This is what I use at 1250. It maybe doesn't make the most of Fists chapter tactics, but on the other hand anyone but Iron Hands are sorta irrelevant with it as is.

Skittles
Harlequins
Assassins
Inquisition

Marauders are the ones with Only In It For The Money rule, right? Depends heavily on their Ld score so whether they'd break in the first place.

I am digging the amount of traitor guard talk on teej recently lads keep it up

> Slow, barrage-based armoured division
> In Space Marines

> Fluffy

I understand you can justify anything in fluff if you try hard enough, but seriously? That's an example of shit you should be trying to get rid of.

It's more of a matter of specializing. For the example you linked to, it is possible to have Chronus as a marine tank HQ, though it does lock you into ultramarines. If not, a techpriest in one of the transports or with a bike squad.

Take two tactical squads in Rhinos for the mechanized infantry, load up on 3 heavy support tanks, go for elite dreadnoughts instead of the heavy support ones, and then throw in some fast attack razorbacks or bikes or landspeeders in order to include more tanks.

That's the same fluff to the army, being a massed armor list, but it doesn't require the need to have 4 vindicators instead of 3 or whatever.

Just like the separation of church and state, we need to adopt the separation of fluff and game. Accept that the game has nothing to do with the fluff and move on, talk about the two separately.

>Necrons vs Chaos

Necrons don't give a damn about Chaos since it can't hurt them due to the fact they are soulless.

> Skittles
Combine AdMech into one army, like they should've fucking been in the first place. Arch-dominus for HQ, Skitarii for troops, put the kataphrons over in Elites or even Heavy.
> Harlequins
They're basically an allied detachment as is, and you can field them just fine in Eldar and DE
> Assassins and Inquisition
Move the Warband to Troops (why the fuck was it Elites in the first place?) and put the Assassins in Elites in the Inquisition-style books, like they used to be.

Seeing a lot of fellow Traitors here, i have a question.

Once my numbers of Gue'vesa get high enough, would i be better off running them as IG allies, or Renegades and Heretics? I like the RG idea, and big artillery makes my dick hard. Is there a playstyle that would fit the Gue'vesa style more, or am i kind of locked into a 'these guys are chaos, or damned close to it' route?

Yeah, they are In It For The Money. But they get LD 7 (8 with a chief) and throw good amounts of dakka and can get something like IG vets doctrines, one gives them Ourflank, Stealth and MTC, other one gives Crusader and Furious Charge and the last Kraks and Carapace. Prett good if you ask me

And Im prett sure its me and like 2 or 3 other anons who keep talking about the renegades, but its still pretty good for such an abandoned army

I mean Chaos as a concept may not be able to but Demons can still rip them apart and bolters still blow apart their bodies.

Because SMs don't use armor divisions, or siege tanks in city warfare.
You advocate stripping choices from the player, however, for something that is a "close approximation" (and usually isn't close at all). I don't really understand the mindset of forcing players to have less, of taking away options and choices. Isn't the entire 3.5 CSM argument predicated on that it was very fluffy and represented the faction well?
Go play Warmahorde, user.

>Slow, barrage-based armoured division

They had an entire army based around this in 5E. It was called Siege Assault Vanguard.

Can somebody tell me, somebody who doesn't play 40k and only knows a bit of the fluff and has only really read a Cain book or two.

What is the big deal with the planet? What is GW doing? And why it's good/bad/indifferent?

You can run LatD not as cultists, just give them no covenant and make DONT PAINT THEM CHAOS COLORS. Try using Marauders, they are pretty much mercenaries so pretty fluffy. Also they get the same shit that IG gets with artillery , so its pretty fun.

The planet, if you are talking about Cadia, was a fortress that held back a LOT of Chaos Crusades. It getting destroyed means that they get a better way to the galaxy and the Eye of Terror (pretty much a giant warp storm) is expanding.

Cadia was the planet at the entrance to the Eye of Terror, a place where the warp and real space overlap.

All guardsmen miniatures are Cadians (or Catachan) and are effectively the posterboys

Abaddon, the main bad guy for Chaos, blew up Cadia which was one of the only thing stopping him and his friends heading to Terra.

chaos is a drain
the imperium is the water brimming the bathtub
cadia was the plug

Those doctrines are fucking legit for the point value. I kind of want to field one of each. Squad of infiltrators, squad of berserkers and a squad of heavy infantry would be rad, although realistically they'd all get chewed up too fast to be useful.

Cadia was a huge line of defense against Chaos, because they kept trying to take it despite the ability to just go around it.

We discovered there were pylons on Cadia that were helping keep Chaos-the-magic out of the material world, and Chaos-the-army wanted them destroyed.

Abbadon, head honcho of chaos-the-army, finally got his shit together and destroyed the planet by overcharging the pylons with so much magic they couldn't hold it all back.

This means that Chaos is strong enough to beat the Imperium on the Imperium's terms, and that it's only going to get stronger.

The Eldar, who use the Warp but deal with it differently than Humans do, are responding to this by trying to raise their own Chaos God to fight the other ones.

The big caveat with the renegades is random Ld. If you want to represent a PDF from a defector planet, IG would probably be better, but if you want to represent some people being really dedicated to the Tau while others not so much, renegades would work.

Im totally down with bringing back the ability to customize all my units. Full army of flying termagants sounds awesome

There are people STILL pushing that debunked rumor?

Rules and models for Vect's Castigators when?

Please...

Chaos is not a drain, chaos is a ladder.

Which part of it has been debunked? I'd suspect the Eldar part, because I haven't really been paying that much attention to biel-tan and getting my info secondhand - never gave a used fig about the space elves. The rest is straight from Fall of Cadia.

which debunked rumor

salamanders just to piss off people who play them. Just like the real marine Malevolent!

also why the one chapter full of "that guy"

Yeah, they are cool AF. Shame about the special rule, but if you can give them zealot somehow (Felblade anyone?) they are nuts. Also they can get up to 2 brutes, who are WS 4 S4 with 3 wounds and 3 attacks who get rending. Fucking awesome I tell you. But you also cant take a covenenat and thats just dumb.

Well I'd kind of like to fluff them out as planets left undefended or the leftover Guardsmen from the aftermath of The Damocles Crusade stuck behind the firewall. So 'not everyone is into it, but fuck it why not' wouldn't be a stretch

Also another thing for all the traitor guard lads in here tonight, any listbuilding apps that support Imperial Armour stuff?

>The rest is straight from Fall of Cadia.
No, it's not, you are reposting the lies someone threw on Veeky Forums, and you haven't read the book.
Cadia blew up because Abbaddon hit the planet with the pieces of the Blackstone Fortress remaining after the Phalanx wrecked it's shit.

>Imperium/Eldars are pushing back Chaos force
>Magnus appears and starts tearing them to shreds
>Janus comes out and challenges him
>Halfway through the fight, Janus sacrifices himself to send his Shard of Magnus into the main body
>His shard starts wrestling control of the whole, turning Magnus into instable torrent of Warp energy
>Catching up, Khayon and Chaos Sorcerers starts firing Warp energy into their Shards to let them come up on top
>Imperium/Eldar start backing "good" Shard with their own psychic power
>Mass of warp power that is Magnus right now reaches equilibrium between loyal/traitor side, while everyone is trying to snipe out enemy psykers
>out of ether, countless TS and Silver Towers appear throught the Webway and shoot fuck off massive amount of power into the Magnus
>Imperium side despairs as power draws near, knowing that Demon Primarch will be restored, stronger than ever
>when suddenly!

I know that's dumb, but i can't to think that entire Janus deal will either be redemption of Magnus or "exactly as planned" moment.

>when suddenly....
DIGITS FOR DRAIGO

All of the early "leaks" about Fall of Cadia turned out to be lies.

I fucking wish my man. Counting the points the old way is hell after you get used to the list builder.

Its fun to see other /Lost Souls/ in here, feels good.

Meant to say

>can't help but to think

And why is this a bad thing for 40k? I can understand the in universe reason to maybe consider putting off that pilgrimage to Terra but people are saying this is a bad thing for the 40k franchise.

Because players don't want End Times, and this is how you get End Times.

Becasue it will end up like Age of Skubmar, with factions getting squatted, dumb alliances being made.
Also you cant really meme abbaddon that much now

The Pylons overloading. They didn't overload. They just shutdown after Abaddon cracked the planet in half with the Blackstone. People are tired of correcting people on it and they are getting angry. It got so much worse that ''Arch Warhammer'' aka the ultimate warhammer expert was repeating that bullshit.

Guevesa are closer to normal guard. Run them as that so you aren't CtA.

>Khayon

STOP. KHAYON IS A BLINDED, PSYCHICALLY CRIPPLED PRISONER ON TERRA.

This is basically it. Warhammer Fantasy did a huge campaign spanning multiple races, destroying some large plot points and bringing other races together into new armies just before it died, and people are afraid of that happening again.

Because people are afraid of change, and what is happening is not the same as their headcanon, really.
It also allows the chicken littles like and to complain about anything, which is their favorite 40k related pasttime.

I though the planet was just fucked over? He split it in half?

It is in pieces, some large enough to retain atmosphere.

I know man. Phone's dead so can't provide pic related right now but I'm literally drawing my list up in pencil on an old notepad from uni. It feels kind of wholesome to know I'm doing as my wargaming forebears did back in the day.

Yes, it was cracked in half by the remnants of the Blackstone.

The Eye washed over the two pieces of Cadia. Now Cadia is in the process of becoming a daemon world.

>Because people are afraid of change
>t.Tzeentch

Okay, because at my local game shop we all have been having this argument of what truly happened, If I'm right then creed and celisten are still their.

I know it's sorta shit right now, but Battlescribe does it.
Celestine fled with Cawl and Greyfax. Creed is in Trazyn's collection.

Tell someone to buy the fucking book then, or get it pirated.
My boy read it, and it's not nearly as bad as the shitters here act like.
>If I'm right then creed and celisten are still there
Wrong on both counts.
Creed, having lost an arm and dying of blood loss after covering the retreat of the remaining Imperial forces from Cadia with the entire Cadian 8th, was captured by Trayzyn.
Celestine led the Imperial forces to a link up with the Eldar Ynnari forces, and have stepped into a webway gate on the promise of a alliance.

Okay, long time lurker, first time poster. Am I barking up the right tree with this list or not at all?

It's simple:
1) GW is bad at writing, so most of the fluff from this is horrendous
2) it looks a lot like the endtimes to some people, and even though GW said that is not the case, some anons just want to watch the world burn and thus spam that this is the end for 40k and anyone who says otherwise is a shill.
3) it puts a lot of focus on Failbadon, who is a horroble BBEG and whose fluff is an insult to anyone with a brain
4) that focus on abby and chaos makes a lot of players of other 'bad guy factions" afraid that all this will happen and they'll get fuck all, and then the setting might most likely won't blow up
5) this may result in an AoSesque version of the 40k BRB, and seeing as AoS is quite possibly the worst wargame on the market, that's a very bad thing >inb4 butthurt AoSfags
6) people are afraid of change

>flyer in a 500 point game
But why?

Just want to confirm: You're intending to use the Valkyrie as a gunship? It can't actually carry any of the Vanguard.

It can, just they cannot start in it. It would horribly inefficient to get them into it but it is possible.

I thought it could, but allies just couldn't start embarked in allied transports?