Beneficial slime monster

>Beneficial slime monster

How would you manifest this notion ?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Prophet
dandwiki.com/wiki/Healing_Goo_(3.5e_Creature)
exhentai.org/g/1023178/e4ec5ab258/
scp-wiki.net/scp-999
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This guy right here.

It's used as a medium to operate a suit of armor lined with semi-organic muscle that enhances the wearer's strength and reaction time.

Even if it's not sapient a slime with digestive enzymes that only work on dead cells would be fantastic both for spa treatments and preventing infection.

By working at a lubricant factory.

Came here to post this. Considering how often adventueres get covered in gore or blood, a little pet slime will act like a pocket shower.
You can also use it to remove bodies.
Remember a similar thread too where a village had tiny, weak jellies and they used them as chewing gum and dental hygiene aids.

inb4 onaholes

In my setting, slimes fill a similar niche as pigs. People feed them organic waste like table scraps, bones, et cetera, and then harvest them when they grow bigger. Slime secretions are used to make various magical potions, including healing potions, so most alchemists either farm them themselves, or pay dedicated slime farmers for it.

Jellies would make the best onaholes come to think of it. Slimes, oozes, and puddings just don't have the right viscosity.

We had a really comfy thread a couple years ago about pet slimes.

Potions you have to negotiate with. The better your relationship is with your slime the better the potion works.

You could in setting fluff scrolls as this too, rather than expending resources to write scrolls and imbue them with magical whatever the fuck, you have to gather ingredients, parts, food etc. to grow a semisentient slime.

Similar to this, I remember reading a sci-fi series where they used cultivated organic suits that basically just made war more comfortable (helped with climate control, provided minor first aid, didn't need to shower, etc). It wasn't a huge part of the setting but it was clearly super helpful to have.

It can harden to protect and heal you.

Symbiosis doesn't just happen. Its an offshoot of some other feature, which happened to be selected for. Addressing the symbiote itself is impossible, because its biology is entirely handwave comic book bullshit. But we can address a hypothetical naturally evolved symbiotic suit of armor, and it's incredibly unlikely.

If the symbiote doesn't have a separate digestive system, it is limited by the host's caloric intake. Since this would be incredibly deleterious to both symbiote and host, we can dismiss this. Most likely the symbiote's distant pre-symbiosis ancestors had digestive systems, and they'd be extremely unlikely to lose them. They're just too useful.

Some level of strength enhancement is possible, though Spider-Man level is absolutely impossible. However, it would require that the symbiote have its own muscles, and that they be fairly strong and well-developed. And at this point we're wondering why it's a symbiote at all, instead of having its own skeleton and just walking around doing its own thing. And, really, at this point its body heat is cooking the host alive, anyway.

The thing about symbiosis is that it has to give the symbiote an advantage, which makes it more likely to reproduce, otherwise it will be replaced by more successful strategies.

Which is why most symbiotes are smaller than their hosts. Most attach themselves to a big strong guy at eat his leftovers and keeps him clean. Big strong guy gets better hygiene. Symbiote gets a steady supply of food. Service-Resource, it is called.

Honestly, you're more likely to get a giant domesticated Marsupial with pouches big enough to fit humans, that people ride around in.

Tl:dr, It's bullshit.

Besides this, the Dolmantle works as a gas mask, absorbs blows, functions as a astronaut suit and replaces lost arms.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Prophet

>Cool in summer
>Warm in winter
Delicious

I've had this in a game:
>slime is about the size of your thumb
>the slime is put one one's body where it eats dead skin cells/parasites/etc
>basically it's a form of dry bathing
>slime can them be put into one's mouth and chewed where it excretes a nutritious sweet fluid

Every adventurer has one. You need to chew the slime fairly often so it doesn't grow too large. Some people keep larger ones as pets, but larger ones will change their diet to larger prey than dead skin cells.

I was just about to post that.

Good job user

stop complaining about spiderman biology you fucken nerd

That sounds rad as fuck. I wonder how you control the size of the larger ones though. One large enough to 'eat' rodents and insects is nice, but are you supposed to chew it down to size so it doesn't start dissolving dogs and even humans?

Rare offshoot breed produced by alchemists who were sick of making potions that eventually escaped into the wild and drove out the local fauna.

Adventurers purposely leave them alive and instead bottle their slime trails as they convert waste material and various mosses and lichen in dungeons into low level healing potions.

You get an adventurer to smack the shit out of it instead.

Beat me to it

>complaining about cad comic book science
That's not even an egregious example.

the spiderman symbiote didn't evolve it was a genetically engineered organism

The slime has natural properties about it which aid in both the closing of the wound as well as speeding up natural metabolic processes to heal the wound
These slimes tend to only thrive where water sources are very pure where their various microorganisms they eat live, tending not not get very large both by the limitation of food and a very limited range of acceptable conditions they are able to live in. This limited range also applies to their application in wound treatment-- this kills the slime upon application but works as essentially a "second seal" that microbes are unable to penetrate once a heal slime has been destabilized

>Half fall damage.
>Sliding=120 feet per turn can't stop
>Fire-resistance.

A slime monster made out of a goop that can be used to cover and heal wounds.

Living spell: cure wounds
Also symbiotic slimes as pointed out

>Potions you have to negotiate with. The better your relationship is with your slime the better the potion works.
Kinda odd if you make a friendship with something only to drink it
Unless it lives inside you giving you passive healing/buffs afterwards
And now I'm giving my flashbacks of the healing potions are people thread

It is capable of inseminating women.

>friendship to drink it

Could go lots of ways depending on how dark you want. They could be only about as intelligent as dogs or horses, lots of people eat dogs while still keeping them as guards and companions. Its not the first option, but a thing people do in times of dire need. Or you could go totally gonzo and have the potions want to be eaten, like its their drive, but they also require validation to give themselves up.

Literally adding sentient not-always-evil slimes to this planescape modern thing I'm cobbling together.

Backstory is that the Para-Elemental Plane of Ooze is (if you believe the gospel) Alive and Aware in a sort of lovecraftian "idiot god" sense, and furthermore maybe be the ultimate original source of all life on the planes.

Or so the "Slime Priests" who run the "First Church of Life Universal" say - the race they belong to is found occasionally in the prime and is often called "slime speakers", and are a race of sentient slimes, usually existing in the form of 4-5 foot tall gloops of slime with a humanoid head on top and two prehensile tendrils at roughly shoulder height with between 2 and 3 finger-like pseudopods.

The First Church of Life is dedicated to the preservation of life, so have a subsidary company, the "Slime Utility Company" that sells beneficial off shoots of the Church's research into absorbing/dissolving all life in the multiverse into the plane of ooze, which can be used to staunch and relatively quick heal wounds, or to fix or patch up rent or broken armor, provide ameliative protection against environmental problems, such as blobs of slime that provide protection from the effects of the negative energy plane as long as they still have life in them, or the "breath of slimeā„¢" series of masks for places devoid of air.

The Church they run is interplanar, though is not welcome on large areas of the outer planes because the outer planes pantheons get annoyed at them for ecumenical reasons, and their tendency to slowly engulf large peices of masonry and whole buildings in a special slime so they end up being dragged into the inner planes does raise questions with local constabularies and rulers.

However, where the church can't go SUC is usually found, spreading the the Good Slime for all, regardless of alignment or loyalty (credit check pending).

Note that I would prefer to give better fake company acronyms than "SUC", but I realised it's very easy to turn Slime Utility Company into "SlUt Co."

HMMM...

These options were made from only the best free-range slimes.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Healing_Goo_(3.5e_Creature)
Literally this.

Its still really fucking stupid.

oh fuck i never finished prophet. thanks for the reminder, user.

Sounds like this thing would thrive in war zones. Or adventurers would tasked with the delivery of it to medical tents or guarding duty so no enemy assassin tries to steal/kill it.

Even though it's called a symbiote, it's more of a parasite. You should learn your comic lore before going on an autistic fit

Can it harden automatically in response to physical trauma?

>fully reusable, after about a week
>takes a few days to leave the body, then a few more to recover before it can go again

cut it in half and have 2

This: a variant on maggot therapy. It cleans and disinfects wounds and speeds the healing process.

Yes

Curdled healing potion. Occasionally splits in half if fed certain rare minerals, split half may be eaten for healing effect (not pleasant).

>the black ones are violent and aggressive

What about cleaning you from the inside?

exhentai.org/g/1023178/e4ec5ab258/

Tales of Maj'eyal had an Oozemancer class. Never played it though.

It's my universe's equivalent of Shower Gel.

They're sentient too.

Wrapped around arm like a snek, whips people or shields attacks.

Alternatively, wraps around skin as a second layer of armor, or to accelerate healing.

I once had a slime familiar that grew as it ate corpses, it could choose what it disolved and didn't, as it grew I used it for transport, first as me standing on a shield on top of it, then later it got so big it was able to lift a shipand sail it, slimes are great

Oozemancer is what you get when a druid goes full "fuck magic" mode

CoC has a slimegirl that also acts as an armour and gives you regenerative properties

So does TiTS.

Will the next game be named ASS?

A variety of slime mold that adheres to the skin of humanoids, it eats dead skin cells and blood it comes in contact with. The colony secretes a potent steroid and painkiller mix through the host's skin and contains a clotting agent that was originally evolved to help it capture and eventually digest food which causes the host's wounds to scab closed almost instantly. The colony eventually dissolves the scab leaving behind the healthy flesh.

The host experiences rapid muscle growth, numbness and aggression, the mold colony bathes in the blood of the host's prey for nutrition.

Would that work?

Wouldn't you just end up with mold zombies? Why doesn't the mold eat the human it's on? Would it only do that if it gets hungry.

If slimes in your setting are intelligent, then have them be varied; not all slimes are evil, maybe only a few of them are even neutral. That makes the slimes that are willing to work with your group more rare, and more valuable.

If slimes aren't intelligent, take the way that symbiosis works in real life, and apply it to your world; the reason that human trained dogs for hunting was because dogs were much faster, so they could be used to catch up to quick prey. Dogs worked with humans because humans are more intelligent than them, making hunts easier, plus humans gave them food and were companionable. Slimes could work the same way; humans could use slime for garbage disposal, and in exchange the slime is neutral or even friendly.

You could even have it like the relationship I just mentioned above; having something that will cling to a target and constantly harm them is a very good asset, and the slime would benefit greatly from having someone to toss it at prey.

Age of sexy sigmar

Adventures of Sexy Supers

God, that gif is so fucking disturbing...

I'd be too afraid of accidentally swallowing it.

So like a toothpaste equivalent, but reusable because the slime does the cleaning action itself and then happily leaves your mouth back into its container?

Bacta cube

At least getting super powers from radioactive spider bites is plausible, right?

pic related but replaced with jelly

Honestly bio-luminescent slims on-a-stick would be fairly beneficial.

stop comlaining about my gif choices you fucken nerd

scp-wiki.net/scp-999

By who? Thought they naturally evolved on their planet? The Klyntr or something

Its really more of a symbiote, since it benefits the host SIGNIFICANTLY, it can make an adult male powerful enough to throw a few tonnes around and chase down cars, and tank bullets

This gif makes me appreciate stop motion animation

Guyver features something that's basically a symbiotic biomechanical power armour.

Imagine if you will a metal device, containing a bucketload of semi-sentient slime and tentacles that form some kind of humanoid xenomorph power armour equiped with various exotic energy weapons.
It's not truly symbiotic, since the suit could theoretically function on its own, since it has its own power generation (capable of powering miniaturized ground-to-orbital anti-spaceship lasers build inside a humanoid frame). But it was specifically developed by aliens as a man multiplier and defense system against indigenous lifeforms while exploring the universe. Hence its symbiotic nature.

It doesn't only act as defense and offense, it will even heal (fatal) wounds of the user, and even if the user along with almost the entire suit (excluding the metal device) are destroyed, the metal device will slowly recreate the user from memory in the form of a clone - basically acting as a respawn point, which leads to the hero unknowingly respawning right in the middle of the Big Bad Corporation's R&D lab.

And then you fucking die without it since it sucked your life out

Stupid sexy sigmar.

Recently been revealed only "evil" symbiotes do this, most bond and elevate species up to become galactic super warriors or some shit

I would make them tiny little thumb sized balls of goo that excrete enzymes based upon their color that break down organic waste, the type of enzyme determines the benefit that the host creature gets, which is a range of small boosts. Obviously when they either get big enough or there are enough of them on a host they consume the host. However, the resident population doesn't consider the small slimes and the large ones to be the same thing, and they usually farm them for use in potions, they are not sentient.

I'll take your word for it.

>Not the text version

Thanks for reminding me why this was my fetish a decade ago. Time to go see if Oblimo's work is still up anywhere.

guyver suit cloning

Man that shit freaked me the fuck out on both a physical and mental level as a kid. I literally contemplated the implications of it all night and couldn't sleep.