Fictional races that did nothing wrong

Fictional races that did nothing wrong.

Tauren are one of the few things I enjoy in Warcraft lore. Minotaurs are cool, native American tropes are cool, both are fairly underused. Slap them both together, add a side of Noble Savage and Gentile Giant (two tropes I enjoy) and you've got basically the only thing worth writing home about in Warcraft.

You're pretty close, OP, but the Tauren's debt to the Horde ought to have ended when Thrall stepped down as Warchief. Why they're still there with Sylvanas "Deploy the Plague" Windrunner as Warchief is beyond me.

Is Magnus a race?

The only reason taurens did nothing wrong is because they never actually did anything.

>not knowing that Gamon will save us
>not knowing of HULN HIGHMOUNTAIN

Because, (like most races in warcraft) they read the script so they just don't care anymore.
As sad as it is this is the truth of the matter. Tauren are probably the only race in Wow that never did anything significant on their own right and just went along with whatever the others in the horde are doing.
Although gnomes are pretty good contenders too.

Well, the Gnomes did get Operation: Gnomeregan, and Mekkatorque's got that new mech suit in the Broken Shore cinematic. Plus, all the Alliance's advanced stuff was invented by the Gnomes, so technically they were involved in every scene showing an Alliance airship.

It's just. Really sad, actually. Baine should have been Warchief.

Australians

But user, Australians are real.

This meme stopped being funny like ten years ago.

Oh really? Care to pinpoint your mythical "Australia" on this quite accurate map?
Can't do it? Thought so...

>accurate
>1544

I BEAR TIDINGS FROM THE DISTANT FUTURE

>Red Sea not red
Stopped paying attention to this obvious fake right there

Weak bait. This stupid map is inaccurate as fuck, it shows that Greenland is larger than South America.

Mere flaws of the Mercator projection, friend! Perhaps you will find this topographic variant more convincing!

>Two huge countries Seperated by an even bigger one have the same name
>Obviously fake names like Chad, Turkey and Nigger
>Literally named one of the countries /pol/
Get this fake shit out of here, c'mon.

Oh my god, I just noticed that they accidentally gave two different OCEANS the same fucking name. How fucking lazy can you get?

>California is not an island

No Patric Magnus isn't a race.

Also Lorkhan did nothing wrong.

You could make the case that his chapter is a race?

You seriously think this is better? On your first map at least Greenland was green.

Then

Orcs, tauren and trolls are best buds due to Thrall

>t. still salty about being cucked out of lordaeron

He's gonna get it when Sylvanas dies though let's be real

They were born

>Tauren leave Horde
>Try to keep as good a relationship as they can
>With orc and trolls anyway
>Undead and Belfs less so but I guess sort of
>remove alliance kebab from homelands
>Now can sit around, eat grass and relax
What happens next?

Nothing whatsoever unless Grimtotem do some shit. Tauren would be best buds with nelves if not for the faction wankery

Tauren are basically bolted onto the horde now, bloodhoof and co are such horde loyalists that they dont care who the warchief is anymore as long as the horde continues being the horde.

also sylvanas is a prefectly fine warchief, she hates the burning legion.

Someone gets corrupted.

Chris Metzen gets an erection.

A lore figure is dredged up and/or killed.

New mounts.

Corrupted tauren as a mount. Reuses the gronnling skeleton

really did nothing wrong?

>go to draenor
>attract legion
>unintentional war

epic

>crashland on another planet as aliens
>yet again

AMAZING RACE THAT DID NOTHING WRONG, fucing space jews

They're fucking back to Argus in the Exodar with an angry Velen at the helm

They know they're in it for the long run now. They need the Horde as much as the Horde needs them. Sylvanus being warchief should've started a goddamned civil war though. Not a single other faction leader in the Horde respects her or doubts that she's a fucking lunatic. Blizzard as usual can't write anything that's not riding the coattails of their older works though.

I miss when she was an anti-hero, this attitude of "If I'm fucked, fuck everyone else" feels stupid

You can't blame the Draenei for what happened to the Orcs. The Legion would've found Draenor regardless of the circumstances eventually and the Orcs had every opportunity to reject Gul'dan and the Legion's offer and chose time and time again not to.

>Hey kid, want some kool-aid? It's good for you
>NO WAY FAG IT AIN'T NATTY

Gul'dan was basically that guy at every high school/college party pressuring the nerdy or religious kid into drinking. It's funny when you put it in that light.

>Gentile Giant
That's pretty funny.

Fel tauren are already in legion.

I don't mean Feltotem, i mean some outright fel-mutated tauren. A warlock did it or someshit

Lor'themar is okay with her. Fuck these dirty assed savages.

IIRC Lor'themar was pressured into helping her because she was between Quel'thalas and the rest of the continent and could withdraw her forces at the drop of a hat to let the Scourge assfuck his people. He's definitely not okay with her.

>Didn't you know, since 1544 a new continent just popped into existence between the Indian and Pacific oceans haha
Kys retard, that's not how it works

She also used to be his boss when they both still had blue eyes.

Being Lor'Themar is suffering.

No, no, just hear me out.

It was there all along. As in, the whole time. There's people there. I'm posting this from there right now.

>Liadrin is more prominent than the LEADER of the belves
A-yep

HULN FUCKING HIGHMOUNTAIN
He's the best Warcraft character

Bhaine?

He's a big Tauren.

The complete disregard for the tauren is one of the reasons I left wow. They have so much cool stuff in the lore that went absolutely nowhere.

Like there is a whole group of tauren druids/shamans that focus on healing tainted land and fighting diseases both magical and mundane. No attention given.

Or how originally the undead joined the horde with the blessing of the tauren who wanted to help them establish new lives for themselves (before they went full edgelords and were still normal people dealing with being undead)

And then the Titans kind of ruined the lore for Elune and the Earthmother.

Cairne gets killed off after doing JACK SHIT in Thunderbluff for like 6 years.

And now Baine is basically in the same boat of doing nothing.

If WoW 2 ever comes out I hope the factions are much looser and while rolling as a race might give you more starting rep with a faction and always secure you a safe place I hope that races can work with any racial faction they wish. And then open dungeons up to all races and classes.

A warlock did turn the feltotem clan into mutants.....

Came here to post this, speaking as a Tauren fan.

Poor Cairne didn't deserve the character fucking he got

They completely disregard everything that's not orcs and humans. The various flavors of elf get some attention once or twice and we always get the token troll raid but if you like any of the other races there's fucking nothing for you. It's so sad that they can't do a fucking thing for the other races. The game's plot line has canonically moved up through the years and the trolls are still stuck on a gay little island ravaged by MURLOCS and the gnomes still haven't reclaimed or at least replaced their city. It's embarrassing.

Given how awful Blizzard writing has become, do you really want them to touch your favorite races?

My favorite race is human actually. I kinda want everyone else to suffer as much as I have, but at the same time I want Blizzard to pull their heads out of their asses.

I play humans in every single game that presents them as an option. I rarely branch out into other races, and soon recognize my mistake and fill the rest of my alts as humans. Humans are just the best.

I guess what I'm saying is that the fact that I completely agree with both of you about blizzard's treatment of non humans/orcs in WoW should mean something.

Isn't Salvy technically committing several acts of treason whenever she bullies Quel'thalas? Not that she even cares anymore.

Sylvanas, the main fetish fuel for Horde players, the "every Blizzcon cosplay", the most interesting faction leader, the most fan worshipped faction leader of all time, dying EVER.

Wow user thanks, I needed a good laugh.

But the Forsaken are honestly a huge fuck up waiting to happen, especially Sylvanas.

Their mission is done, let them rest in peace.

>also sylvanas is a prefectly fine warchief, she hates the burning legion.
That is in no way a qualification, every other Horde leader hates the Burning Legion. And only a few can be as unstable and prone to dissidence in their own ranks as Sylvanas.

>>also sylvanas is a prefectly fine warchief, she hates the burning legion.
Everyone hates the burning legion. But Sylvanas also hates everyone else too.

Yeah, but of course everyone makes an exception for her.

But, user she HAS died. Several times in fact. The problem is that death is a revolving door for her and really only just her. Bitch has died at least 3 times and it never sticks.

It's why LTA is so damn good, can actually have fun with interesting factions and interactions without Blizzard fucking it up.

>>Bitch has died at least 3 times and it never sticks.
So basically what I said.

I always pictured him as a satanic Father Jack.

Bitch has more plot armor than the rest of the cast combined, and it's only because lonely teenagers like to rub out their insecurities to her.

Should have stayed as a fucking Banshee/Ghost as well, just shit overall.

For me it was Illidan (and later Kael) being retarded evil, also Blood Elves going with the Horde as opposed to straightening things out and reforging the alliance.

Can confirm, am Australian.

We exist only on the internet.

Well, what they really did wrong is turn to the legion in the first place.

You can't really say they did nothing wrong when the vast, vast majority of them are literally demons

O please, the main fetish fuel for the Horde is goblin girls

Let's be honest, main fetish fuel for all WoW players is the Draenei.

this

This map is archaic! Where is South Sudan?

>Blood elves
>Ever allying with Alliance when nelves and whatever remains of high elves being part of it
Teldrassil night elves are straight-up disgusted by nightborne in Legion while blood elves know how they feel

And I'm sure the Horde is an organization of great racial cohesion.

It took them thousands of years to accept highborne back, let alone magic crackheads

Fair enough, still Illidin and Kael did go full retard with the entire sit around on their asses,being comically evil and all that shit.

Hordies are mad that the Forsaken don't fit into the Horde aesthetics of savages and shamans. Meanwhile, they hypocritically tolerate belfs because they fap to them. I so wish it was possible for the Forsaken and belfs to go back to the Alliance where they belong. Fucking furries and useless draenei can fuck off to Horde.

>Forsaken and belfs to go back to the Alliance where they belong
But the forsaken questlines where you terrorize hapless alliance civilians and test new bio weapons on them were the best part of early leveling. Hillsbrad especially

Really Blood Elves and Forsaken need to be wiped by the Horde and Alliance as a public safety measure.

I love how you can slaughter Dalaran personel in Silverpine Forest (pre-Cata) and then go to Dalaran in Wrath of the Lich King and they're totally fine with it

>no feet
>fetish fuel
Retardation: the post.

Footfags get out

Go screech elsewhere.

>no feet
No humanoid feet. What you ain't into hooves?

>(pre-Cata)
Dalaran NPCs are hostile to Horde in vanilla and MoP

I want to see the Tauren transition into something akin to mid-1800s Japan, as more and more Tauren become inured to Orcish culture and Goblin technology, and start to lose touch with their ancient heritage. Enclosure runs rampant throughout Mulgore, as the Tauren transition from hunter-gathering to agriculture, and land-lords crop up everywhere. Tauren embrace airships, bombs and guns. Druids end up pushed to the margins, and have to ally with the Centaurs to survive.

Tensions rise between the older, nature-revering generations, and the younger capitalist generations. The situation comes to a head when harvests start failing all over Mulgore. Tauren farmers had been pushed to farm their lands as intensively as possible by Goblin investors, leading to the soil's total exhaustion within a decade. Mulgore becomes a dust-bowl, famine and unemployment runs rampant.

The ostracised druids seize the opportunity, and with the aid of their Centaur allies, sweep through Mulgore, killing and looting all in their path. Many Tauren, Orcs and Trolls, made homeless and penniless, join up with the Green Horde and add to the chaos. Within 2 months, Thunder Bluff is surrounded and besieged. The wealthiest Tauren manage to buy their way onto the rescue airships - the rest of the peasantry are left behind.

Thunder Bluff is set ablaze, the population massacred. All remaining residents of Mulgore are either rounded up as slaves by the Green Horde, or flee east into the Barrens and Durotar. The Green Horde retreats into western Mulgore, and begins their own sustainable, druidic farming projects. The rest of Mulgore becomes a dusty, uninhabited wasteland, where the people of the Old Horde fear to tread. It will be decades before the soil recovers.

>ally with the Centaurs to survive
Centaurs weren't relevant past vanilla (mostly Barrens) and they're all evil bastard children

>allying with centaurs
Why not Nelfs? Tauren allying with centaurs would be like the Amani allying with high elfs

Because I like the idea of the displaced Druids finding allies in the unlikeliest of places. Who else is pissed off about being forced off their lands and marginalised, and is close at hand? The Centaurs. Fuck always-evil bullshit. That's boring. Let the Tauren and Centaurs ally against a common foe: other Tauren.

>Why not Nelfs?

Because the Night Elves are far away, over the Stonetalon Mountains. A Nelf alliance could come later, once the Green Horde had secured its lands. In the mean-time, Centaurs are their allies.

And also because the politics of the situation would be more interesting if the groups were more fractured and divided, not less. A monolithic Druid-bloc would be boring. Let the Green Horde be its own thing.

>finding allies in the unlikeliest of places
Like allying with someone who would kill them on sight and make tents out of their hide?