You've done it, you've fought your way past the horde, you've killed the big bad or accomplished your goal...

You've done it, you've fought your way past the horde, you've killed the big bad or accomplished your goal, it's finished... and then you realize you're fucked even though you won.

Tell me Veeky Forums, when have you found yourself up shit creek without a paddle after beating an encounter or campaign?
How poorly did it go for you?
Was getting caught a part of your plan?

And more importantly, has anyone crashed any plane, leaving not a single survivor?

Mary mother of God I hate Bane-posting.

SAGE.

perhaps he's wondering why you would sage bomb a thread, before announcing it to everyone

In order to defeat the Devil Count, all it took was my character's soul and dream of going back home to see his daughter

Overall, a powerful evil was defeated but by having to cavort with a stronger evil.

Congratulations! Was getting saged part of your plan?

But of course

Well congratulations, you got saged. What's the next part of your master plan? Wish there were more legitimate responses though. Potentially interesting thread.

bombing this thread - with no survivors!

After fighting through hordes of horrors and cultists, we finally reached the foul heart of the NotCthulu's presence in the world. Unfortunately the solution one character came up with, without telling us, was to sacrifice himself to it in a sense, by wedding himself to the entity. It was a last minute reveal and we didn't even get to properly say goodbye.

Left us all feeling very defeated and bitter, and worse still from the implication that his sacrifice may not hold true indefinitely. Basically he bought the world peace and safety for a time.

The PCs used their souls to ignite a primordial god cannon that launched the decaying remains of the planet's leylines at abominations that dwell in the dark abyss of space to consume all light that dares present itself.

Another group in another game ended up punting an arch-demon into space at the cost of a TPK.

The BBEG was the Demon of Envy. He was one players father, and had orchestrated pretty much every bad thing happening to our group to try and create the ultimate power.

We defeated him, but the character who was his daughter? The GM fucked her up real bad. The NPCs she loved were killed or sacrificed to stop the BBEG, her faith was destroyed.

So she went full Dark Messiah and he let the player come up with her evil plan to take over when she became the villain. The plan was actually really well thought out, and she sort of won. We're just cleaning up the damage now and she controls Hell. In that way, the first BBEG got his wish to create the strongest demon ever.

Dark Heresy party foiled a plan to use a warp infused space hulk to open a warp rift on the sector capital. Imperial Navy busy duking it out with Word Bearer fleet, no hope of extraction and despite ruining the ritual in a roundabout way, there's still a space hulk headed full speed at a world of great strategic value and billions of imperial citizens. There's no time to alter the trajectory, what systems are still function are anyone's guess.

So they fired up as many of the ships they had control over (systems previously slaved together by Hereteks)... and jumped most of the hulk back into the warp. With no gellar fields on.

WITNESS ME

ngl, this sounds fantastic fun and perfectly 40k. Storytime?

Uh, well, technically, nah, but I have crashed a plane and convinced everyone including the NTSB that there were no survivors.

It's a big meme

4 U

Better?

Rogue Trader crashed his plane into a Rak'Gol flagship, everyone strapped with Void gear ready to run through the breach and kill as many as they could. Between explosions, aliens and radiation poisoning, there were no survivors.

So, the setting was in the far future. The galaxy is mostly controlled by the united worlds of man, who became the dominant force in the universe after uniting everyone in the altered wars. Us players are a bunch of convicts serving on a convict vessel ruled by a wetware ai. As the hazardous materials corps, we get all the suicide assignements. Complete 10 missions and you get your freedom. There's also a lot of space magic, with the ships being driven by large matter manipulators that pretty much bend the laws of reality to allow something of this mass to accelerate this quickly. Space magic is the result of experiments on the altered.

Somewhere halfway along the campaign, as there are now some powerful characters (and a lot of dead ones) the AI reveals that he's been going rogue for a long time. Its main duty was to safeguard the future for mankind, and it has deemed the united worlds of man too corrupt to do so.

Long story short, we beat the UWM. However, we did so by completing an eldritch ritual by accident which unleashed the Lurker in the Angles, a being that can use any source of altered magic to displace itself through the universe and severely screws with said magic. So, the homeworld of the UWM which is full of manipulators basically gets ripped apart in a hellstorm biblical proportions. This also means that us players had to ditch our altered magic sources, including the ones in some player's brains that allowed them to do magic themselves.

In the end, we gathered what people we could off a planet we went by, gathered as much of the wetware of our AI overlord as we could and bundled a bunch of research we had been doing on alien/precursor/altered artifacts to open up a hole to a different universe while at the same time nuking the universe we left behind with the lurker in it out of existence. It was a forum game that updated 5 times a week and lasted 4 years.

Whaaat Einsteinian Roulette came to a close? Didn't think it ever would

Yep, ended in August last year. It got a neat epilogue for every individual player and everything.

Once(almost) and I had the option to do it another time but didn't.

The first time, our valkyrie was evacuating from the tyranid swarms, carrying our inquisitor in terminator armor, other PC, two NPC guardsmen who'd been with us the whole game as the rest of our cell, a halfdozen stormtrooper bodyguards who had previously been serving the BBEG, and a couple cultist prisoners.

And a medic who had just removed a fleshborer beetle from my guardsman. High on morphine and adrenaline, I seize the opportunity to make the last attack of the campaign.
>98
>crit fail with thrown frag grenade
>explodes in my hand
>roll damage separately for each target
>righteous fury for everyone it needs to crit to murder
>kills literally everyone except the pilot (in a separate compartment) and me, who it does 2 damage to
>Laugh hysterically for half an hour, then spend a fatepoint to not ruin the campaign.

Damn, I thought that thing would be around forever.

2 hours ago
we managed to beat the barbarian kingdom to a standstill but found out the theocratic empire led by dark dragons is knocking at the door and the barbarians were holding them back.

it was a mid level campaign, not quite ascension level. we had just finished assisting a boarding action by the deathwatch on a rogue trader dealing in xenos artefacts (we got the kill, the deathwatch ganked his commorite contacts) and were preparing to return to the inner system when a space hulk drops out of warp.

check the archives, it's an ork hulk, deathwatch gears up and goes in. then calls for extraction. nobleborn scum is a glory hound and blackmails the rest of the team into going, and by the time we get close enough to receive vox we find out the deathwatch is fighting traitor astartes. they order us to bug out to warn the Inquisitor, but when we get back close enough to receive outside vox the light cruiser has dropped a relay buoy and is running - they got ambushed by a night lords cruiser.

we navigate this giant ruin, watching hereteks, daemon engines, and astartes running around and gutting cultists and stuff where we can, but there's no way off unless we want to suffocate to death way beyond the reach of rescue, so look to see where we can fuck them up.

techpriest manages to eavesdrop using some barely functional systems from the ships that make up the hulk, and find the word bearers plan - reach low orbit, fire up eight warp drives from ships that make up the hulk to thin the veil between dimensions (they've been gradually creating warp swells so there's a lot of 'pressure' in the warp), then ritually sacrifice a bunch of psykers to creat a breach, effectively lancing a boil. sure it wouldn't be a permanent warpstorm but it would destroy a lot of shit, kill a few hundred billion, and render the sector capital planet a demon world for at least a few decades, maybe centuries before dissipating.

oh and by the way, that night lords cruiser jumped an inquisitorial black ship and managed to get a few dozen psykers before the killswitches engaged.

we have one week before the plan gets into motion. we have a few fights, including fleeing from a lesser brass scorpion, killing nurglite warp beasts, cultists, and roving packs of furies before we stumble upon one ship in the hulk where they have chosen to partially extract the warp drive and hook up a separate plasma reactor to feed it.

this is a bit weird because the alignment is a big thing but mostly theyve been moving the warp drive and simply repowering the existing ships' reactors to feed them. well, this ship was an old grand cruiser where the captain died in his chair from the feedback and the machine spirit is an ornery sumbitch and hates the fuck out of chaos, so they don't even bother since apparently he has a bunch of combat servitors and arcoflagellants that go after any of their laborers. they still wanted his warp drive though, so they removed it then decided he was likely to blow it up if they tried to power it using his reactor, so they brought their own.

about this time, two bored khorne bezerkers stumble upon us, cue us fleeing while the ship shuts blast doors in their faces until we nail one with a lascannon on a fury interceptor and vent the other out an airlock with four combat servitors trying to stab him.

we help repair the damaged sensor arrays to the front of the ship, and the machine spirit informs us that there are torpedoes in the tubes - but they're not facing the right direction to do anything of value. so with only hours remaining, we come up with a plan and the machine spirit agrees.

we get to the torpedoes, dormant for millennia. we arm then. then we set them to detonate inside the tubes. it wasn't cataclysmic as the ship was quite sturdy, but it ruined the alignment and you know how that shit matters to the chaos gods. with no time to fix it, the hereteks shut it down, infighting with the remaining word bearers who wanted it done anyways (half had gone to prepare the psyker sacrifices).

at this point get to one of the powered ships, see the sensor array with battlefleets in full combat, realize due to warp-caused time fuckery we have not two days like we thought, but perhaps two hours.

at this point the cleric grabs the techpriest and asks him to fire the engines to break the hulk into non-apocalyptic pieces.

the techpriest looks at the heretek control systems, shakes his head and says they only ever bothered to slave one system to the terminal, the warp drives. after a quick round of affirmations, they begin triggering the warp drives one by one, watching the hulk get sucked into the warp piecemeal in order to prevent the distortion from building upon itself. this whole time, the last few remaining servitors from the grand cruiser and the party members trying to hold off a team of Terminators while the techpriest fires off another warp engine every time the aetheric sensors record enough of a dip to fire off another without risk. with two left (including one encompassing the platform they're fighting on), the terminators prepare for a teleport out - the cleric and techpriest look at each other, nod, and fire both remaining engines immediately.

Fuck me, I haven't been to Bay12 in years, but that brings back memories. I always wanted to join in on the big campaigns but I never had enough free time and was always too late to sign up.
Is the place still infested with horsefuckers?

There are some choices that you can't come back from.

What the Dark Lord said just before I let my axe drop, ending his life has been proven true in the most terrible of ways.

"You may kill me, but you can never kill evil."

What we have done has all been justified by the ends. But now that the end is completed, we must live with those choices.

Can't go back to society, go back to my wife and family.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow after all.

Well, there was the one time the party prioritized killing the remaining terrorists over defusing the very, very large bomb in the building.
There was also that time they kinda forgot that liches come back.

when I saw the dragon's dogma

>Tracked down a galactic tyrant who killed one of the pc's parents (And genocided most of their race)
>Confront them by teleporting directly in front of them on their ship
>Kill him and his beefed up henchmen, bitch hit like a truck too
>We decide to check out exactly what the galactic overlord was up to when we ganked him
>His ship was actually surrounded by his entire fleet, which includes co-ruling members of his family that were considered to be leagues more powerful than him
>F-U-C-K.

second this post

Someone get this hothead outta here!