youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ-nMc0WGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah that sounds fun.

No.

Let's be the big bads instead.

Yes

Depends on the setting.

Patrician taste, OP

>you're character is assigned a generic name, with stats generated randomly from several pre made character sheets.
>you follow your eccentric leader on his Saturday morning cartoon villain adventure.
>you get a number of mooks you get to throw at his overpowered (preferably Mary sue) enemies.
>if you succeed his plan moves forward.
>if you run out of mooks, he shouts "curse you -hero name- I'll get you next time!!!" And you go back to zero with him recruiting more mooks.

Yeah, sounds like a riot.
Slowly rising through the ranks, from burning villages to burning good-army bases, until inevitably the party plots a coup, become the new evil rulers, and then all promptly backstab each other.

I'd do it, yeah.

I've been looking fora group willing to play Only War with me for years.

Basically just Only War. Yeah, I'm on board.

So the first two books of TBC?

If by 'generic mooks' you mean we still have some agency and a character arc, that could be alright.

Players are permanently set at level 1 and half to use creative non direct combat solutions to overcome the super over powered heroes or a coup like said

I've already played Only War, user.

Why not level in NPC classes?

Levelling up being treated as getting promoted up the ranks of the army could be cool, you take part in a few skirmishes with NPCs from the good army then get put in charge of an outpost or something, which gets raided by PC characters, from then on you get shifted around getting post after post destroyed by PCs until the big bad tasks your group specifically with killing them since you have the most experience against them

Fucking yes.

Sign me up with The Guild.

youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ-nMc0WGE

>mooks in big bad's army
>get drunk one night and wake up late the next day to find your entire army marched on without you
>the surrounding villages are all under the warlord's control, but see his individual mooks more as local annoyances, like a sort of huge biker gang, than a police force or a serious threat.
>your party learns that as they were leaving a certain Lieutenant was cursing a select few mooks and talking about "sedition" and "severe punishment
>your party now must choose between escaping to enemy borders and defecting, or following rumors of a plot to topple the warlord and saving his glorious empire

This sounds awesome, especially if the GM is the Grand Master or some sort of funky convention where he plays as the eccentric leader telling them what to do.

I would play the shit out of that

this

someone please do this