Warmachine / Hordes General

This is the only Hormachine image I have on this computer Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#b31b_-0fdIeQf8aFaF7-gc7-gc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
www69.zippyshare.com/v/DoDa4NhI/file.html
amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-miniatures-tanks-monster/dp/B00W98CV26/
toolguyd.com/makita-makpac-tool-boxes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for is Skorne good yet?

2nd for CoC never ever

Right, so, Steamroller in just over a week and I'm going to have to go through Amon to win. The problem? I play Skorne and Amon is stupid. So basically I'm devoting one of my lists to being a massive anti-Amon skew.

>(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Aradus Soldier [16]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Despoiler [19]
- Aptimus Marketh [5]
Tyrant Zaadesh [4]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Void Spirit [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

This is basically the only way I can fathom that Skorne can beat Amon jack spam. Marketh for a free Abuse, Zaadesh as a Rushbot, Void Spirit to sit on a flag and abuse a lack of magical weapons if needs be. I need to buy a Feralgeist honestly. The plan is sit within 12" of things with a shorter threat range than that, charge in, blow up as many robots as possible, and have my feat up so that hopefully he'll do next to nothing on the crackback.

It looks retarded, but what else can Skorne do against such reckless faggotry?

I love that the only new thing CoC got was shit and probably the worst colossal in the game.

>Worst colossal in the game
>It's one of the faction's better units

>activate caster with synergy
>cast synergy
>win gaem
so hard

Have you guys learned to behave yourselves yet or are you guys still cunts?

We're still not bound by "forum etiquette", letting us speak freely without fear of reprisal.

Faggot.

ye

It's Veeky Forums, what do you think? It's like the same 4 autists screaming into an echo chamber.

How many Rockets do I want to make Vlad1 do work? I can either do 2 min units Rifle Corps or 1 max and 1 max Infantry.

And what else do I bring? I pretty much settled on Ruin and a Spriggan, just for the 14" charge, but what else do I bring? Behemoth? Snipers?

>Veeky Forums
>not expecting everyone to be an autist calling others autistic

How many gunbunnies are "polite" to take with Ossrum? I like them, but I hate spam.

I got the cryx army box.

Contents:
Gaspy3
Cankerworm
Dragoon guy
Bane officer and standard

Those were metal, the parts all mixed up in a box.

Then I got two seether/inflictor hard plastic kits, a ripjaw box with two ripjaws (and 3 mk2 cards to go with the mk3, getting rid of old stock), and a plastic bane warriors box with a mk2 and mk3 card.

Also at the bottom was a High Command quick play pack with a khador and circle deck

Like 15. Or 16. I think. My man.

Why are Privateer Press' models so shitty?

Well, it's not exactly a dream team, but it should be good enough to get handle of things.

I just like the models. Cryx isn't even a tertiary army for me.

I like the idea of unyielding with two inflictors though. To up it to 75 I was going to add in barathrum and various solos.

like four or five man. and not all the same type.

conflictchamber.com/#b31b_-0fdIeQf8aFaF7-gc7-gc

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
Theme: Winter Guard Kommand

(Butcher 3) Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed [+22]
- War Argus
- Ruin [17]
- Victor [38]
Winter Guard Gun Carriage [18]
Winter Guard Gun Carriage [18]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [0]
Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan [3]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [0]
Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan [3]

Tell me how taxi 3utcher isn't the best idea ever.

Trying something new what do you guys think?

75points [ Lord Exhumator Scaverous ] WC:1 WJ:4 U:4 S:2

Lord Exhumator Scaverous(*27points)
* Deathripper(6points)
* Deathripper(6points)
* Reaper(13points)
* Nightmare(18points)
*The Withershadow Combine(9points)(3models)
Carrion Thralls(10points)(10models)
Croe's Cutthroats(16points)(10models)
Bane Warriors(10points)(8models)
* Bane Warrior Officer & Standard(6points)
Warwitch Siren(4points)
Warwitch Siren(4points)

He means the Prime Conflux. The Prime Axiom is in contention for top colossal

To allow you to show off your corrective putty modeling skills. :^)

If memory serves vlad1 is very flexible. He makes warjacks go fast on feat turn and supports people well. Run whatever you like, but play well. Know the strengths and weaknesses of your models. Or spam juggernauts and ram them up the enemies asshole on feat turn. Substitute with kodiaks if you play on well forested tables.

I wouldn't recommend widowmakers if only because they cost a lot if you aren't going to run train on single wound models with them and single wound guys seem out of style.
I love man o war shocktroopers, but vlad has no way to fix their slowness, but Signs and Portents makes their melee weapons scary as shit..

It's a personal attack on you. You know what you did.

So what's this I hear about Privateer Press firing a bunch of people yesterday?

Yeah I know. I'm saying despite it being a horrible colossal, it's still considered fair game in CoC because they have literally no other choices.

I'm basically an outsider, but I'm curious. What changed between Mk 2 and Mk 3 that skewed the whole meta towards the big monsters and robots with the thickest armor, to the exclusion of infantry? Was it just the introduction of Power Up making warjacks more practical and the Hordes armies getting swole in response?

I run 4 of each. So far my playgroup hasn't yelled at me for doing it.

Could we give the Gobber Tinker partisan:Khador already?

Every single fucking list I make is 73 points, I'm so god damn upset.

Honestly, every faction needs some sort of 1 point filler model. Too many of my lists end up being 1 or 2 points short, and I end up retooling it because I'm a massive autist who can't not have the full 75 in every list.

Khador Army - 73 / 75 points

(Vladimir 1) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Prince [+28]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Kovnik Andrei Malakov [4]
- Behemoth [25]

Triple Juggernaut or Ruin+Spriggan? The former would be used to Jam hard, but the latter have them 15" charge

It's not only the autism that triggers me (well, it is), but the fact that the Gobber Tinker is actually a meaningful model in a game of Warmachine that I actually have to buy now, simply because these two points are left over way too often.

I sorta grossly prefer 3 juggernauts as that will jam pretty much anything up till next thursday unless they start burning their activations on slams and other jank. It might be too hard on your focus pool once the fight gets going though.

Then again, I'm new and I suck. Is Reinholdt there just for anti-stealth tech? Cause in your shoes I couldn't resist running a war dog for the defense stack with Blood of Kings.

Yeah, I thought so too. I basically shoot at the opponent all game, forcing them to approach me, where 3 12"-14" charging (or just 16" running) Juggernauts wait for them. Sounds neat in theory

Yes, Reinholdt is only here for the Stealth removal. The list kind of needs it though; Stealth is annoying as fuck.

I haven't seen it in action yet, but I have a feeling that Signs and Potents on Behemoth is absolutely disgusting.

The two lists I'm pairing this up with (3 list format, I know it sucks but it's fine.)

Khador Army - 74 / 75 points

(Butcher 3) Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed [+22]
- War Argus
- Behemoth [25]
- Ruin [17]
- Kodiak [13]
- Kodiak [13]
- War Dog [3]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
Theme: Winter Guard Kommand

(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Kodiak [13]
- Kodiak [13]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- War Dog [3]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]

(The people in my group are lax, so I don't have to expect running into Una or Wurmwood. There is a douchebag running Amon though)

any reason you're running double kodiak with harkevich seems like a waste of points that could go towards more guns for a broadside.

Throw a cloud and reposition out of it.

So I'm a massive newfag, just assembling my first infantry now. It's a squad of Invictors.

I have to say, I really like how easy the assembly is. I had always thought of Space Marines as easy to build, but next to Invictors they're like a jigsaw puzzle.

PP's newer plastic assembly is pretty good.

Some older metal though, you'll want to kill yourself.

Yeah, I have a mate who's been playing Cygnar for a few years and he likes to tell horror stories about older warjack models.

Hell yes. It's so much fun. It's like the faction I got into in 2015, but with way more options. There's still some bad stuff left, but I have far too many fun things to try to worry about that.

>It's Veeky Forums, what do you think?
I hate this attitude. The site's reputation is no excuse to shitpost. We're at the point where the shitposting is outweighing the regular posts and guess where that takes us: to a board filled with shit. I don't know about you, but I don't want that.

Probably another post on an anonymous image board made by someone with "insider information".

>older warjack models
I've actually got a few Mk1 jacks here and they're not that bad. That is IF you use green stuff. Would be hell without it.

>We're at the point where the shitposting is outweighing the regular posts
But we're actually not. Most posts in this thread are normal posts. Faggots like you are what shits the place up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Go learn some basic internet psychology and come back a better poster.

Jacks are cheaper, and get a free focus. MK2 also introduced a ton of infantry hate which finally took hold now that jacks are a viable alternative to infantry.
And some infantry just straight up got nerfed.

On the Hordes end of things, lots of beasts for nerfed, infantry got nerfed.
Each faction remains viable but the salt generated by all this raised the ocean by a few feet.

That does however not apply. I don't give a shit if you call me a faggot, faggot. I'm not censoring you in any way and I don't have the power to do that anyway. It's pointless bickering and posts without substance like this one and yours that I do mind.

So let's not do that.

Is there a warmahordes version of this comic?

Well now I'm going to shitpost because you keep being a faggot.

hurr durr muh banez xDDD skorne is SHIIIIT XDDDD

See what you've done?

I don't think it's anything new, but it sounds good nonetheless. Of course it has the typical Cryx problem of sucking into gunlines (unless you manage to get a unit of Gunslingers in there). But I don't see too much else into which it wouldn't work. Circle should be playable, except maybe for maybe Baldur. Cygnar will be very rough. Protectorate should be fine, especially since you have some anti-HR tech. And Khador should be doable aswell if youi bring some Gunslingers.

All in all I like it, but there's one thing: I'm not convinced of the Bane UA. That's 6 points that could go towards something useful. Like Gunslingers, if you can fine another point somewhere. Maybe by switching the heavies around a bit?

I've made you make a fool of yourself?

You'll miss Space Marines when you realise how monopose PP stuff is.

There is practically no customised posing throughout the entire line unless you put in a fair amount of work and it makes everything boring as fuck. Even the new plastic stuff has fuck all posing.

I actually don't mind this terribly.

I mean I do enjoy custom posing, but I like that the PP minis are designed to have static poses. It makes my army look more uniform.

Where are the Cryxian pirate with NQ 70 ?!

Where?!!

Yeah, I can see how that would be an issue in an infantry-heavy army.

Ah well, probably can't be that hard to cut the little pegs off the arms and move them around a little. If I get another squad at some point, I might try having them bring all their swordguns up to actual aiming positions.

Can someone give me a list of all plastic Skorne models?

Look on the PP website. The model entries say which material they are made of.

>douchebag running amon
>Harkevich with 7 heavys
user please tell me that list is only if you have to play Amon
otherwise you're a douchebag as well and instead of complaining about amon you need to
gid gud

Broadside is a trap unless you're using victor. You play harkevich for mobility, reposition, and a free charge.

From your friendly neighborhood neglected pirate Warcaster. Grind rules!
Shiity screenshots -> PDF, but functional.
www69.zippyshare.com/v/DoDa4NhI/file.html

Might've forgotten I can just upload a pdf on here now and linked it anyway, whatever!

In a terrible attempt to get some discussion on this shit going, is it just me or are Seethers going to be OP bullshit in this or what?

I don't think that list would do anything against Amon. He out-threatens Khador heavies and the gun package doesn't do shit against choir.

>He out-threatens Khador heavies
Only if he can see them.

Marauders are going to be the OP ones imo. Seethers are a lot faster though admittedly.

I think the dervish is probably the best guard because of parry, and it's super cheap.

What do you lot use for transporting your armies? I've been using things like tackle boxes but it can be hard to find space for some of the larger minis and a lot of my older ones are starting to get pretty worn down and/or broken just rolling in their little compartment.

Also, how do you protect your paint jobs? A lot of my broken and worn minis need touch ups desperately.

When are these guys going to be revealed? I've been on a near complete hiatus from miniatures for the last year and a half and I'm considering getting out all together.

My beloved trollbloods are boring as fuck now and Infinity is too slow and has shit balance and CB sidelined my MRRF for who knows how long. Been playing this game for 7 years and both feel stale as fuck lately, so much so that I got back into magic (kill me now senpai) with the new commander decks.

Halloween Town looks cool, though. But if it ends up being lame, Cryx2.0, or whatever I'll probably just peace out and off load my collection.

amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-miniatures-tanks-monster/dp/B00W98CV26/

I put two of these in a duffel bag. To protect the paint jobs, use a top coat.

Still using the overpriced GW transport case I bought when I was a little twat.

Pic related.

At SmogCon next month.

Fucking pocket dimension storage devices. How do they work?

These sneak previews are so cringe.

There are plenty of companies that make miniature carrying cases and trays (Battlefoam is particularly popular). If you're looking for a cheaper, DIY option, there are tons of ways.

For me, I got a big, cheap plastic tool box and filled it with homemade foam trays that I made using high density foam sheets from JoAnn's fabrics. Just cut out slots for the models and secure a sheet of craft foam to the bottom with fabric glue and you're good to go. Gun cases are also quite popular.

If you're having problem with pain chipping, be sure to seal your models as well.

Spider in a trenchcoat.

I got suckered into buying battlefoam bags years ago and still have those.
just make your own transports. There are tons of guides online, but honestly it's really simple. Walmart or any craft/office store will have everything you need.

Get some foam, cut your own slots for each mini, put them in whatever kind of case you want.

That one is pretty cool actually.

I mean I like the character, but the bad poetry really puts me off.

Yeah now that I read it out loud, the first half really doesn't work.

The 'I'm too cool for this' attitude is kinda pathetic

This actually looks like crazy good fun. A bit over-the-top, perhaps, but not so much that it takes away from the game and not so much that it couldn't (mostly) fit in the warmachine setting as is.

toolguyd.com/makita-makpac-tool-boxes/ these and the foam inserts Makita sells for them, they're a godsend. Overall cheaper than 'official' miniature carriers, and they have modular foam so you can set it up however you want.

I've actually planned out my deployment in my desperate attempts to beat Amon with Skorne using this list. Please call me autistic and step on my tiny dick like a cigarette Veeky Forums.

I'm curious as to how you cut the foam to make sure the model is snug.

Do you size it from the base and cut a rectangle to keep the base firmly gripped? Or am I mistaken and the foam just further limits the rolling room the model has?

the foam for the Makita bins is pick and pull, so it's set in squarish lots and you pick them apart from the rest of the foam. So I put my minis on it, see how far the piece goes, and then pull out what I need to make the model fit not quite snug, because I don't want to damage the foam or the mini, but unable to move at all.

Well there are different ways to do it. Most commonly I see people cur foam to stand models up vertically and just trace an outline around the base to fit the profile of the model. There is no perfect way to store miniatures in foam so they never rub or jostle the material.

If you're really worried about that kind of thing you could always magnetize every base and snap them onto the floor of a metal tool box. I've seen people do that and install "shelves" to store more minis. That will secure them, but there's obviously no foam there to protect them if a model were to come loose and you run the risk of some knock or collision potentially causing every model to come loose. Maybe not an issue for plastic models, but for some of the heavier metal models it could be a problem. Mass buying magnets can also end up getting expensive.

For the first time in my life, I managed to use Impending Doom on 3 Heavies at once.

I came.

Khador heavies being the stronkest jack in game.

I thought it was more efficient to go for the Thralls UA than to pay for the full unit? I don't have Gunslingers yet and i'm waiting for them to come in.

Any pdf's of the new command books about?

Dead thread.

Dead game.

Yeah just like Hungerford's getting fired, all of the staff is getting fired, and the company going under right? Cause you know personally but can't confirm any names.

I spent 6 months working in PP's warehouses, and you have no idea just how badly the company is doing.

Wait, hold on.

Is the new faction just Bloodborne?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Dark fantasy. Scarecrows, spiders, think Shadowmoor from MtG.

So does anyone have the stat card for Tristan2?

But I mean, like, fucking look at him. He couldn't be more bloodborne if he was screwing a doll.

Malifaux the Faction

Do you think Bloodborne invented gothic horror?

Of course not.

But that is a very distinctive look, and not one associated with general gothic horror. I've never seen that sort of character in any version of Dracula, for example.

Doesn't cryx already do most of that?

Cryx does zombies, pirates, and zombie pirates with their tits out. Also a bit of Phyrexian flavour.

And PP is just down the road from me, and I'm saying you're full of shit. You have been for the past several weeks. And you;ve yet to provide even one bit of proof to substantiate your claim.