pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FP4OR8Ycipg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So what's everyone's chain like so far?

Hey Val, how hard would it be to hold a constant, selective anti-magic effect around your body with the Fourth magic?

It's fine, nothing of value was lost.

Well, my companions are mostly a bunch of former villains, with the exception of Frisk and Nana, and our goals are to bring about the best ending we can in every setting we arrive in. Last jump was Nechronica, which ended with Alma going mama bear and slaughtering most of the Necromancers. The only ones that survived were the ones that just wanted friends or were just relatively innocent in general, who she then adopted as well.

A freight train with no brakes made of mad science, interspersed with lots of screaming and 80's training montages.
The ride never ends.

But you're not going to a world of game mechanics. Sure, those effects may exist in-setting, but probably nothing of that magnitude. Otherwise, why would you have enchantments like mana capacity and mana regeneration when it'd be more effective to just reduce spell costs to nothing?

Funny you should mention that because

Companions (200 CP)

Vash the Stampede
Origin: StudentAdult. He’s Lewyn’s bodyguard.
>No Mountain Too High (Free)
>Item Spirit (300 CP, .45 Long Colt)
His gun is now a small girl who sees Tsundachi as a cool older sister and hangs around her. Tries her best because she’s new to this whole “being a human thing”, and is quick to prove herself to rather disastrous results. Vash thinks she’s adorable. Her name is Rem. Goes with Game Boy on his trip around the city to purify it with Tsundachi.

Domon Kasshu
Origin: Drop-In He just shows up one day and starts fighting people a lot and yelling. He makes a good fighter so Lewyn lets him stay.
>Eye of the Tiger (Free)
>Known Survivor (300 CP)
Items
>Banchou Outfit (Free)
He’s never gonna wear it. He loves his red cape and general outfit too much. But it’s free, so...

Katsumi Kasshu
Origin: Drop-In
>Eye of The Tiger (Free)
>Known Survivor (300 CP)
Items
>Banchou Outfit (Free)
She’s probably going to wear it, though.
She also. Appeared with Domon Kasshu.

Aella
Origin: Student
>No Valley Low (100 CP)
Items
>Keystone Pendant (Free)
>Fred Bear (200 CP)
”...”
”Aella, what are you doing? Why are you staring at Game Boy like that?”
Aella reaches inside Fred Bear and pulls out Foresti. Begins to start casting up a wind storm.
”AELLA NO. He’s made of Nintendium anyway! You can’t possibly destroy him!”

Jeanne De Sand
Origin: Student
Items
>Keystone Pendant (Free)
>Soumin Shourai (300 CP, Import Four Sword. It’s Jeanne’s now.)
Might as well give Jeanne the power to BTFO spirits with her sword.

George De Sand
Origin: Butler
>Looking to the Sky (Free)
>Signs of Life (100 CP)
>Make My Way Back Home (200 CP)
Items
>Butler’s Codebook (Free)

Lewyn
Origin: Priest
>Hard To Say (Free)
>See In You (100 CP)
>Words Can’t Say It (200 CP)
Items
>Prayer Beads (Free)

Just finished a Toonami Arc and now doing a Magical Girl arc after a short intermission. Infinite Stratos and Dodgeball I'm not sure if it's a cheerful coincidence or not, but a lot of Toonami block jumps have an excellent mix of danger and perk rewards. I came out of the experience as a weeb-as-fuck mech/jet pilot with mid-grade shonen powers.

Gundam After Colony was a fucking traumatizing third jump, though. PTSD is not going away anytime soon.

Stalwart Tiger is just trying to get strong enough to defeat the Yozi when he returns home, while also conquering stuff because he's the "rightful" ruler of everything.

His companions, primarily Amaterasu, Raven, and Zelda, are trying to push him down a Redemption story-arc.

Are there any perks that give you an eldritch psychology or thinking pattern?

The closest I know is Abomination from Dune, but that's less eldritch psychology and more compounded human psychology. Other than that, there are a few perks that make you more willing to commit atrocities or come up with justifications after the fact.

It's gone from constant panic to trying to be a decent person, albeit with an eldritch mindset and proclivities toward survival at any cost.

Grail-Kun
Origin: Student (He looked like Angra Manyu as a student, now. Jeanne and Aella decided to keep tabs on him to make sure he doesn’t do anything.)
At least he can figure stuff out now.

Items
>Keystone Pendant (Free)
>Item Spirit (300 CP, Forseti)
He does not get anymore perks from this setting. I refuse. No. Every time I give him shit he uses it to do bad shit. I refuse. The last thing I need is fucking Grail Kun deciding to curse everyone with bad luck for shits and giggles. So I’m using his CP to make Forseti into an item spirit. Game Boy may have enabled him, but it was Grail-Kun’s idea in the first place so I’m hitting him the hardest with the punishments. Fuck you, Grail-Kun. At leady Game Boy’s circuit-heart-things are in the right place.

“You can’t ditch me, though :D. I’m too important as an emergency weapon to let go!”
“Shut the FUCK up and crawl back in the Warehouse this instant.”

>Amaterasu, Raven, and Zelda,
Why did he pick those people up, again? Wasn't he supposed to be an Exalted-native jumper? How would he know when he made purchases who to choose? Or did he pod/Blue Feather them?

If I remember right from Justice's stories: Zelda was the result of a drawback in Minish Cap, Raven due to being a Cambion in Teen Titans and podding his sister, and Amaterasu forced herself into the pod as a comedic bit, to which his version of Jump-chan went along with and even lets the Sun doG make jump decisions at times.

Blue and Orange Morality from Madoka Magica Wraith Arc

A jump should have a perk that lets you turn any of your alt forms into a cute monstergirl or gijinka form. Maybe one of those gacha games where the girls are based on mythology figures?

I want more low powered settings that are relatively well known actually.

Close, but Raven was a purchased, that Amaterasu made.

Because the Benefactor likes fucking with Tiger's expectations, and sometimes lets Ammy use some of his CP to make purchases, or choose drawbacks for him.
Ammy had control over the entire Minish Cap choices.

>Reminder that she used his CP to import herself to a Sci-fi setting, so she could become a hacker, and get her own bar for infinite sake.

There's always Alpha Centauri for doing silly stuff with creating copies of your mind to run on whatever processing power you have available. People find it really weird when they try to look at your mind and find 50 different instances of it, many of which have been altered to better perform a specific task.

Alternatively there's Evangelion for Angel weirdness. Just take some eldritch form powers and you're good to go there.

Sopranos when?

Such as? And by "lower-powered", do you mean mundane, or are you fine with some supernatural elements?

If it's the latter, I feel you. Deeply.

Is Sagebrect the "certain scenario" that would allow you to purchase Blood of Kings multiple times, or is it yet to be implemented? If the latter, are you planning on including it in the future, or is it merely a relic?

*Mantle of Saint Kaiser, I mean.

That's a relic, I believe.

I mean anything kinda low key, sopranos would be nice. I do not mind magic.

Alright, thanks. Also, how big is the Training Ground if you make it into a Warehouse attachment?

Sword of Polaris in Devil Survivor 2.
The Cthulhu background in Cthulhu Saves The World.
Dracoman species in The Polity.
A piece of eldritch truth as a scenario reward in Bloodborne
Doublethink from 1984
Just As I Thought from Chrono Trigger.

If it helps, user, I've got a couple of low powered jumps sketched out to release once I've finished the polish of my current release.

We need a Hitman jump.
Uncharted would be nice, too.

Uncharted Waters? But we have that.

That is very nice to hear, could you tell us what they are?

Dragon Quests (all numbers besides... 9 maybe? I havent heard anything about 10 since that was the MMO) and numbers below 6 Final Fantasies are pretty low/traditional old fantasy arent they?

You know those big outdoor training grounds they have in reality? Like those. An acre and a half at the most, I'd say.

Reign of Fire, two cop show jumps, and one jump that I won't go into because every time I think of the reaction I just start laughing

I think they mean the ps4 game?

Hey Heavens, do you mind posting a preview of the original TATAKAE jump?

>the second jumps
Cool.

It's still nowhere near done, but here you go. This is the latest version as of a few days ago.

as in the london dragon movie? that would be awesome.

That's the one.

We need more jumps like that, thank you.

What part of the phoenix is going to show up on our Survive card? Knight and Ryuki have the wings, and Odin has the body. So a tail, maybe?

When it says none of your perks are available to you, does that include stuff from Bodymod?

You keep bodymod. This is a semi-LoT style gauntlet except you're not morally considered in the wrong for taking your powers back later, and you can't fail your chain except in jumpmode by the usual dying or with the capstone drawback. Alive A Life is for daredevils, something you'll see when I get to Act 3.

That...is a nifty idea, actually. I'll go with that.

I'm glad to hear you think so, user. It'll take a bit, maybe upwards of a month and a half to two months to make all those, but I want to start pushing them out.

I hope you like them.

Can a lightsaber deflect a shot from a slugthrower*?

* Star Wars for physical projectile weapon.

I started a new chain not too long ago and I just finished up with the Fate jump. I was a furiously overpowered Servant who stomped ten wars due to being all kinds of OP pls nerf. I fought JUMPER, which was a massive pain. See, I deliberately jumped Fate early in my new chain to prevent JUMPER from being too OP and I didn't take any of the True Magics. So neither of us had any crazy overpowered weapons or abilities. But both of us had EX rank God Hand, meaning that neither of us could really do anything to each other without an EX rank weapon. JUMPER got smart and basically stole Ea off of Gilgamesh using his (and my) EX rank Knight of Honor, wielding it against me to bypass my God Hand. But I killed Gilgamesh and managed to disarm him (although I took a bit of a hit in the process) and it vanished. So we were left back to square one.

Long story short, I managed to talk him down after a long pointless fight where we couldn't actually hurt each other and spent the entire time shouting ideological nonsense at one another. A big dramatic thing happened wherein I accidentally dropped my Pokemon League Championship badge (which I always kept on me because I was inordinately proud of being a League Champion) and he was hit right in the feels. Then he taunted me and took my final attack head-on and dropped his God Hand, allowing my attack to pierce through his heart. He said some really sappy crap before his Battle Continuation gave out, making me promise not to lose sight of what was important, and then he disappeared.

So now I've got that emotional baggage on my shoulders and it'll probably take another 100 years before I get over it. Thanks a bunch, depressing future me.

First jump was Girls und Panzer. Somehow my jumper managed to avoid picking up a waifu. Probably the "Little General" drawback at work.
Then Dodgeball, which she spends trying to reverse engineer the invincible paint. My jumper will regret not buying "She's not a Lesbian" for the rest of the entire unfucking chain.
Next, in Generic Mob, she finally gets laid, but turns out it was only so her enemies could blackmail her. Then, the hot secretary she saved (and who returned the favor years later) tells her she needs to stop cuddling, and gets married to some dude.
The next 40 years are spent nursing regrets, brooding, and taking out her sexual frustrations in the form of violence directed against enemies in various close-to-baseline settings.
Then she gets famous in Macross as an idol, which leads to a few one-night-stands with fans (which she feels bad about the morning after).
My chain only allows choosing a different gender if it's free. Thanks to Generic 80s Action Movie, Jumper is overjoyed at having a penis again. All the action leaves little time for romance, unfortunately.
Then Sword Art Online comes around, and it turns out videogames are a sausage fest if you aren't MC-kun.
Next is Avatar, and blue cat people are a little more uncanny valley in real life. Jumper took "Them or Us" drawback anyway. And the hot guard at Hell's Gate was a lesbian. Jumper curses his returned penis, which has so far been of even less use than the Burn Proof Uniform Machine.
Next is Redwall, where jumper spends the 40 seasons as a snarky snake (pic related) power-behind-the-throne. He did rescue Martin, kill the evil queen, and is single-handedly driving rats to extinction, so they try their best to be polite (except the shrews).

tl;dr: poor choices and high standards lead to Jumper mostly blue balling themselves for the first century, and regretting it every time they get laid.

Probably not deflect, but I can see it vaporizing one to block it that way. And "slugthrower" is a pretty common term in sci-fi, by the way, you didn't have to explain.

Deflect? No.

Stop? Likely.

Depends. Some accounts claim attempts to stop a slugthrower with a lightsaber just results in a spray of molten metal hitting the jedi.

It'd probably just melt through the slug like it does a door.

Is Deviceless something that can be learned in-setting?

Yes, but it's assumed to be difficult and not as effective as a Device. Maybe you can get to the level of the perk with a lot of training, but it will take a long while.

So with people talking about Anima and how high level mages can create conceptual enchantments and warriors can physically ride light, I'm curious what an equivalent Summoner can do. Summon and bind gods?

Not exactly, it can stop them but there is either vaporization or liqudification. Though if you were willing to use the right materials for the slug you may be able to shoot through the lightsaber.

Does Anti-AMF field work on all abilities post-jump? Also, does the "completely fail to disable or drain your magic" effect carry over post-jump, or is it part of the general failure chance?

You have to get high Gnosis for that, but otherwise pretty much.

Hey, for the anons last thread who were complaining that FFX doesn't have a blitzball arena, if you do the scenario in FFXIV one of the options you can choose when rebuilding the Golden Saucer (which a copy of appears in each subsequent jump if you complete the full quest line) is a blitzball arena. It doesn't cost CP so it's not that bad an idea to take.

Abilities in general, like the perk says. Anti-magic fields have a higher failure rate against you than others, but it isn't absolute like against in-setting AMFs.

Can magic from Zelda the Minnish Cap be used for anything other than just blasting stuff?

Yep. High-level summoners are actually one of the strongest classes. You've got three main tools, as a summoner. Firstly, you can just summon and bind various beings to work for you. Pretty straightforward, with the additional factor that you can merge your essence with theirs to make them a familiar, even if they're very powerful creatures (assuming you're powerful, too). Secondly, you've got Invocation, which is like Final Fantasy summon spells. You've got a deal with some powerful spirit that says you can channel some of their power, with that visually represented as a copy of them appearing to do some cool magic shit for you. Those can be very powerful. Finally, you've got Incarnation, which is basically Demi-Servants from Fate. It came first, though. But if you've got some symbolic tie to a great person from history, you can summon their power into yourself, fuse with their legend to gain a boost to your abilities. This includes Noble Phantasm analogues. It's pretty cool.

It won't help them, because they want a jump made by somebody else other than dirge, but no one is willing to do it. Once he went over to SB people's sensibilities were offended, so you get people that push to get his jumps removed and replaced.

There are dozens of complaints people can bring up about his jumps just to drive home the point that he doesn't make anything good. We've seen everything from he can't write to he writes too much to no one cares.

Okay.

It depends heavily on what kind of round you're using. Lightsabers are essentially plasma swords that burn at monumentally high temperatures. But if you had a material which could resist being vaporized by that temperature then it would pass through the lightsaber and hit the Jedi.

It's how I dealt with a lot of Jedi and Sith in the Star Wars universe. It was always comedy gold to shoot them in the face with Mass Effect guns loaded with adamantium bullets and watch them try and stop it with their lightsaber.

Wouldn't an adamantium bullet not work at all with Mass Effect guns, since those work by shaving microscopic projectiles off of a block of feedstock metal? Adamantium would just jam it, you'd need to redesign the whole gun. Better to just use a normal railgun.

You can speak for yourself, but personally I love Dirge's massive Jumps. I honestly wish more makers put as much dedication and tone into them as he did. Yorokonde's Ogre Battle is another fantastic example.

Don't forget that you can bind Spirits into items, to "enchant" them

While sometimes confusing to navigate - I know what I want from ff14, i'm just not 100% sure on what to do to get it - dirge jumps tend to be very high quality.

And now thanks to you-know-who, we'll never get more. At least if your name isn't ASA.

I did redesign the whole gun. The shavings part has nothing to do with how the mass accelerators work, it's solely for ammunition efficiency. So I incorporated Mass Effect tech (and many other kinds of technology) to create a gun that shoots adamantium bullets.

And railguns are vastly, VASTLY inferior to ME tech. A ME gun accelerates a bullet to a fraction of the speed of light, thousands and thousands of times the speed of sound. It would take an unbelievable amount of power to make a railgun capable of doing what even the cheapest mass accelerator pistol can do. Why would I reinvent the wheel when I can just reconfigure the tech from ME to do it much, much better than conventional technology can?

Whether people like it or not isn't the point. The point is that he's a SB-er and therefore will get flak for being one by people. Going over to SB is asking to get shit on. I don't think anyone can deny that the length thing is one of the main reasons why people hate his jumps though, it's just a matter of preference.

so what can creation magic do?

I always enjoy Dirge's jumps. But they're also a bit intensive so I don't build for them much because I'm usually short slept and have trouble focusing. They're something I look forward to but rarely do. An utter delight to read and full of interesting perks though.

Sounds pretty wanky to me, but if you want to wank omnipotence go right ahead, honey.

Wank? Baby, you don't wank.
I'll show you omnipotence. Bend over.

How is modifying a gun omnipotence.

What the fuck is wrong with your brain.

ME guns don't shoot bullets at relativistic speeds. Check the Codex. They theoretically can, but they're still subject to Newtonian mechanics, so trying to do so would kill the user. They also still take just as much energy to do so as a conventional magnetic accelerator would, they just do so in a smaller package. Eezo has its advantages, but in weapons tech those advantages are ones of miniaturization, not power. The guns in Mass Effect are railguns, they're just railguns that have mass-warping fields so that firing a projectile the size of a grain of sand isn't a problem. You can tell that the ballistics of a Mass Effect pistol aren't that superior to a gun in the modern era by the fact that you can shoot an unshielded person and not have them explode like they were hit by an artillery shell. And don't tell me that's a limitation of the game engine, or a conceit of the narrative presentation, the world of Mass Effect would be a very different one if their guns were that powerful.

Jump # 201 SimAnt (all picnics beware)
Starting Location: Farm House
Background: Royalty Caste

Perks:
*Ant Telepathy (0)
*Wings (0)
*For queen and colony (100, Discount)
*Right as Reign (200, Discount)
*Royal Duties (300, Discount) ughhh…
*Bring ‘em down (400)

Items:
Royal Chamber (0)

So… first Ewww. Second, this turned out… complicated. It seemed like a natural idea to start upgrading my ants, make them smarter with Light of the Empire from Fallen London. I gave them nanites from Iji and awakened RWBY auras…. And looking back the predictable happened.

It turns out no matter how intelligent ants get they really only see non ants as either, danger or pray. Well when you strengthen them a whole lot more falls in to the pray category. Apparently the farmer called in pest control because their farm animals kept dying and being torn apart by super ants.

Well… The colony had to relocate but not before the fumigator got killed by my swarm… well swarming him to protect their homes.

We had to go far away and establish an entirely new colony. I didn’t uplift these eggs and it was hard as hell but we managed to get back to where we were before I became queen. Thankfully the few warrior and workers that were left from the first colony seemed to learn their lesson about humanity and bigger animals.

>Implying that a Mass Effect gun would let you make a cup of tea.

That's not what omnipotence means.

It is now.

SeeYou need at least triple Omnipotence to make tea.

That's exactly what omnipotence means.

It depends on how you go about it and how well-equipped your ship is for hyperspace charting. The "relatively painless" method employed by the SW scout service is indeed via short micro-jumps: pray that your safety interlocks weren't supplied by the lowest bidder, perform short hop, scan area from new position while your drive cools and goes through a diagnostic cycle, wait for your navicomp to calculate the next micro-jump, repeat ad nauseum.

The SW scout service would also place appropriate hyperspace beacons to mark anomalies, black dwarfs, good lanes, etc. If your branch was better funded than most, you could also afford to send jump-capable probes ahead of your ship instead of risking your ass first (I say first because if a jump probe didn't come back, then you of course had to find out why).

Also, since deep space is generally pretty damn empty most of your time would actually involve mapping the approaches to each system, since stars have this annoying habit of collecting all sorts of crap besides just planets.

Do you not understand how conservation of energy works? It would take the same amount of power for the railgun as it would the Eezo-powered mass accelerator. Energy delivered to target is a fixed quantity, the path you take to get there doesn't matter. Unless you're one of those idiots who intentionally misinterprets Mass Effect physics as violating conservation of energy just so you can rant about how the writers were so stupid in their world building. You're not one of those strawman-building idiots, are you?

>making tea isn't omnipotence

Of course it isn't. Making GOOD tea is omnipotence

Right. Trying again in new thread. Made a Stand for one of my daughterus, not sure it's Stand-y / JoJo-y enough as a Stand, want ya'll's critique, etc. etc.

Makoto
Stand Name: The Brave & The Bold - youtube.com/watch?v=FP4OR8Ycipg
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: A
Ability: The Stand manifests as two beings, each with separate abilities:

The Brave:
Destructive Power: A
Speed: D
Range: C
Durability: A
A huge, orc-like being clad in a mechanized / power-armor version of Macho Man Randy Savage's wrestling costume, The Brave's devastating wrestling techniques have a debilitating effect on Makoto's foes - draining opponents of their courage and boldness like a sickness of the soul. This courage can then funneled to Makoto, increasing her own levels of courage - often to the point of foolhardiness.

The Bold:
Destructive Power: A
Speed: A
Range: D
Durability: C
A tall, yet lean, creature clad in a black mask, black pants, and linen wrappings around their fists, The Bold's destructive kung-fu can be augmented even further by using The Brave's stolen courage as fuel - increasing it's Speed and Destructive Power parameters by additional ranks.

So explain to me how FTL works.

I did NOT mean to quote that fucker.

God DAMN IT.

But doesn't warframe or ATLA let you make good tea?

If nobody cared to post the first time, nobody's gonna give a shit the second time.

Fuck off.

Depends on the setting. You've linked to a post about Star Wars and a post about Mass Effect, which one do you want to hear? I can also describe some theoretical real-world proposals for FTL travel, if you'd like. You can't go wrong with an Alcubierre Drive. Well, actually, you can go very wrong with it. Like "subjects the passengers to technically infinite amounts of radiation" wrong. But they're still cool.

see question here
Since Deviceless makes Devices a bit redundant (& vice versa) could you forgo the free Device Budget for free/discounted Deviceless Perk instead?

(600 Device points = 150 CP, = half the price of Deviceless.)

meant to quote

Nnnnnnnno.

This jump's structure is a bit rickety already and I'm not making a price change for that reason.