I don't care if you guys want to do "x", I'm the GM and my game doesn't involve "x"

>I don't care if you guys want to do "x", I'm the GM and my game doesn't involve "x"

That has never happened to me, but then again, I play pnp for fun, with people of like-minded intention.

>Playing pretend heroes and shit with dice like faggots
>As you do
>Meet NPC "x"
>DM puts weird amount of detail in
>Know what he's doing, as he's done it before
>DMPC husbando to ship with the party
>Might be a self insert too
>"x" starts hitting on my character
>Dont want my character to have sex with "x"
>DM keeps up the weird in character flirting
>Wave it off, timeskip to making camp
>As party sleeps, "x" starts his watch
>Creeps into my tent
>CAN'T WAKE UP
>DM has creepiest face as he says
>X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

>You can be the GM to an empty table then.

nice

>If you want to play a game that involves "x", you should run it because I am unwilling to do so, be sure to invite me though

For me, there's an obvious difference between trying to do shit like breaking the physics of the setting and doing doing stuff I didn't anticipate.

My game can involve "x" if it's possible to do, but I usually give out fair warning by discussing any possible dangers that might accompany the "x" aforementioned venture.

let's try it.

>if you guys want to _fuck each other_, I'm the GM and my game doesn't involve _fuck each other_

Have you tried, I don't know, playing with people who share your interests and taste in games? Or maybe running a game yourself?

Of course you haven't, you'd rather just be an immature entitled prick and whine on the internet that the big bad DM didn't suck your characters dick and do everything for you exactly the way you wanted even at the expense of himself and all the other players in the game.

I'll take "What is an ambiguous argument?" for 500.

/thread

>I don't care if you guys
>you guys

I've had GM's that refuse to do something simply because they don't like it, even if the other 3-5 players all want to do something. If a GM says, "nah, you can't do this. why? I don't have an actual reason as to why you can't, fuck yourself", they're the entitled prick, not the players. Kill yourself.

This is a situation where either side might be being dicky.

If a GM has clearly stated the tone and theme of the game and each player has agreed with it, everyone suddenly bandwagoning one guys off the wall idea to do something completely different can be really shitty and annoying.

On the other hand, if there is no stated theme or the GM is just being infuriatingly inflexible, then they themselves are being a shit.

>This is a situation where either side might be being dicky.
It depends entirely on the reasonable expectation of "x".
In my games:
>I don't care if you guys want to do erp, I'm the GM and my game doesn't involve erp
Now if I were running a sexually charged system in a setting designed for erp, I might be a dick.
If I were running [insert example game that Veeky Forums can't imply is sexual], then the players might be dicks.
Also, I announce this at the beginning, removing any expectation.

>I've had GM's that refuse to do something simply because they don't like it, even if the other 3-5 players all want to do something.
This is fine. A person should not have to run a game doing something they don't like.
I don't run Slice-of-Life games.
I don't like it and it does not interest me.
I can imagine examples that other GMs might not do, like if the players want to ditch the campaign and become sea pirates when the GM has no interest in generating and running that game.

>If a GM says, "nah, you can't do this." "I don't have an actual reason as to why you can't, fuck yourself", they're the entitled prick
True.
However, 'I don't like it because of "y"' is a valid reason though.
Again, it depends on the reasonable expectation of the players being able to do "x".
PCs are technically free to become pirates, but how reasonable is it to expect the GM to run that when they had agreed to play an arabian themed dungeon crawl?
On the other hand, how reasonable is it for the PCs to be able to attack a suspiciously acting stranger, even if it was supposed to be an important npc?

And, anyone that responds with an attitude of "Nah, fuck you." is a prick, GM or not.

Going to need the examples, this is very much a case by case sort of thing.

So, you tried a chaotic evil PC, huh?

The GM is just being too polite to tell you that, even if three to five of you want to start jerking each other off while maintaining eye-contact with the GM, he's just not into that sort of thing and it's not going to happen. If you can't wait until the usual post-game drinks at the club, we can just call the session over early, okay?

That GM thread?

Where?

dm yourself then, or find a new one that will play into your fetish. dm isn't responsible for the feelings of players.

>I don't care if you want to be a Vietnam veteran. Vietnam does not and has never existed in this setting.

>Why did you think a game set in Eberron would let you play a fucking 'nam vet?