What is Veeky Forums's consensus on Warmachine and Hordes. Is it worth getting into these days?

What is Veeky Forums's consensus on Warmachine and Hordes. Is it worth getting into these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomas-mennes.squarespace.com/mecha-legion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's shit because of an obviously imbalanced ruleset that triggers autists who try to waac as hard as they can. Also for a game that was advertised as an aggressive game it promotes passive play. It's really the league of legends of tabletop

I see. So the main issue is that the game isn't well balanced and the actual gameplay doesn't match the intention? I will keep that in mind then.

The game heavily promotes setting up combos within your own list and counterpicking against your opponent's. It's not like, say, Infinity.

Players are hard cheese not-friendly for new players and in club, retarded autists that won't play with me cuz i painted my army on non-canon colours

Ouch, so not having the right color scheme can be a DQ? I guess that it was nice to hear that ahead of time. Thanks user.

>stale b8 is still good

The paint thing is bait but good luck trying to convert any of your models without having someone flip out on you

>Warmachine and Hordes. Is it worth getting into these days?

Maybe.

The rules are getting very convoluted and many units/characters etc that were great now suck, some are totally unbalanced and broken.

Some factions are getting left behind, a-la GW's old Codices.

The quality of their models, both the sculpting and production, are very hit-n-miss, it's like playing Russian Roulette.

Games and tournies can be very restrictive as well, fit their mold or you'll be DQ'd. Not a whole lot of room for individual creativity.

Then what IS a good game to get into? Seems like everything's broken and full of autists

That is too bad. I was looking at getting into miniatures games but I have only heard bad things about 40K's rules, and it seems like Warmachine is going the same way. I will have to see if Flames of War or Malifaux are any good. Thanks a ton.

Shit. No.

Guild Ball and Malifaux of course. At least with Malifaux things have really been good, the newest Gaining Grounds shows that the designers know what they are doing.

Everything is cancerous and bad.

Just play what your local players are playing.

Honestly this. Mainly because you don't want to be invested in a game where you never get a chance to play...Looking at you haqqislam.

Also x-wing is a pretty safe bet, cheap to get into and pretty fun

OP here. I asked mainly because Warmachine is one of the games played at the nearby store and the weekly nights fit pretty well into my schedule. I will have to look at the other games then and see if any are worth playing.

If you're set on playing warmachine I'd see if anyone at your LGS is interested in doing a journeyman's league. It's slow growing and you start with battleboxes which are pretty cheap. Granted you'll get people complaining about how the boxes aren't balanced like the troll one only having light beasts, but I think it's a good place to start that won't hurt the wallet.

>Some factions are getting left behind, a-la GW's old Codices.
>GW's old Codices.
>old Codices.

I'm sorry but I can't hear you over the sound of 'Nids and Orks STILL being shit.

Warmahordes is fun. Try asking in the general given that almost all of the replies here were bait.

People arent paint or convresion autists. Hell, most wmh players dont even paint their shit.

I'm just getting in myself and I recommend it if you have friends in the area who play.

I find it far more playable than GW games and requires surprisingly few models to play, resulting in a low barrier to entry. I can't recommend it if you don't like the models though.

Right, so a lot of the shit in here is bait or just mindless bashing.

So, let's talk warmachine. The concept of it being poorly balanced I don't think is exactly correct. The game is generally very well balanced in terms of top level play, but the internal balance of the factions can be very, very bad. What this means is that basically any faction right now can win even big tourneys, but only if you play pretty specific shit.

Second of all, Warmahordes is a fairly complicated game, rules wise. It has some pretty steep as hell learning curves, and the game is built very heavily on unit synergy, interactions, and certain special rules. This means that there is a shitload of gotchas in this game, where you'll run into an opponent who isn't playing the normal shit and pulls some crazy stuff on you you aren't ready for. Happens a lot to newer players.

The netlisting element I think to some degree is bullshit. There's certainly netlisting that goes on, but honestly there's not very many lists that you can just buy and win with without a fair bit of practice. Even the big winning lists are often dependent on semi-complicated or decision heavy tactics, so hardly something anyone can play. People certainly can run the flavor of the month, but if they don't know the list too well they often fall prey to it's weaknesses.

The whole bullshit about painting is just that, bullshit. The converting issue is worth talking about, because PP's conversion rules are pretty strict. Part of this is because often times the only difference between models is the weapons they're using, as multiple warjacks are built on the same chassis. However, at the end of the day, it's the TOs decision on what is and isn't allowed, and PP has shown willingness to modify the conversion rules if someone makes something badass enough that's technically illegal.

So, Warmahordes is generally on a competitive bent, something the community struggles with. There's very much a thing where even most casual games are taken as practice for competitive events. This has some advantages and disadvantages. It can absolutely mean that players often times bring their A game into casual environments, and in some cases might not want to play with newer players. There are times when I need practice with a list and I've only got time for one game, for example, so I don't want to find out that the guy who's been playing for two weeks is both very slow and isn't so hot at the game. Yea, it's selfish, and I try to balance it out.

However, at the same time, Warmahordes is universal. There's practically zero house rules, very established rules interactions, and if a rule has some issues, people ask questions and expect answers. You can walk into practically any game store playing Warmahordes and reasonably expect to get a solid game with no weird hiccups on rules or the like.

The one thing I will say is this: PP has a very serious PR problem. They're in that "Nerds with too much responsibly" stage some game companies get into, and they've made some very bad decisions. For example, I think Mk3 is ultimately better balanced than Mk2, especially now that the Skorne errata has hit, and that the core mk3 rules were generally an improvement, but PP has done such a shit job talking to people and answering their concerns that they've really pissed some people off. They've been doing a lot better recently, and I hope it continues, but they absolutely shoot themselves in the foot when they talk sometimes.

Ultimately though, I'll tell you the best advice: go to your local game store on game night, see who's playing Warmahordes, and ask for a demo. Most regions should have a Press Ganger, who's job it is to show you the game and do some demos. Check it out, talk to the people playing, and make sure they're the kind of people you want to deal with. No point in blowing 300 bucks on an army that you never get to play, or to find out that the local meta is full of shitheads you can't stand.

In summary: Warmahordes has a very competitive bent in it's players, and it's a great game if you're wanting that. But the developer does stupid ass shit sometimes, or does ok shit but then manages to make it look stupid because they can't shut up.

PP fired a good portion of their staff today.

As someone who recently quit warmahordes for malifaux and guild ball, this is a pretty fair assessment.

I do want to stipulate about the universal rules thing though. While the rules can be faithful ridged, which is good compared to games like AoS, they can be pretty complex. Sometimes rules interactions can be hard to figure out. Pp has a rules forums where they will answer these kinds of questions. However it can be difficult to stay on top of it and some little interactions can slip by you. If you go to a tournament this can cost you games. I wish they would organize their rules forum a bit better.

On a smaller note if you go to a new shop to play watch out for some groups who just collectively misinterpret some of the rules. This isn't really a problem with warmahordes or even pp specifically, but because the game is so specific with rules it becomes a lot more important. We've all been to those shops where one guy learns the rules and teaches them to everyone else. Sometimes the screw somethings up.

Yea, this is absolutely right. Rules interactions can get super complicated.

Be very aware that Warmahordes is a rules as written game. The rules are played exactly as written with very, very few exceptions, and the wording can be extremely important.

A classic example of this is Spell Ward(Models with this rule can't be targeted by spells) and the spell Primal Shock(Which is flavored as using the power of a beast to attack an enemy directly). Primal Shock does not in fact target an enemy model with a spell(only with a magic attack), which means it can still be used on enemy models who have spell ward.

Warmahordes is also a game where half an inch can win or lose a game, so veteran players tend to be very specific about their measurements and placement. One of the big issues newer players have in a competitive environment usually deals with issues like this, where the vets might come off as absolute assholes over a forth of an inch. This is not a game of "Close enough".

Okay, if your group plays casually then Warmachine can be an absolute blast. If your meta is competitive, run the fuck away.

The same can be said of any wargame, to be honest. Wargaming attracts competitive nerds, meaning they don't know how to win graciously, lose gracefully, and have zero social skills.

See, local meta can vary, of course, and people can be shitheads as always, but my experience with Warmahordes across dozens of states has generally painted them as being some of the more mature players in regards to the competition itself.

Warmahordes players get serious about the games, yes, but most of them, at least at the national level, accept their losses pretty graciously, and take handle winning just as well. The inbuilt idea of heavy competition honestly usually scares off the worst of the tryhards. Warmahordes is a hard game to be consistently good at, so people looking for easy wins or to just steamroll the opponent usually go looking for an entirely different game.

Not OP here, but I am also looking at warmahordes. Knowing that 40K is terrible I want to pick the next most popular non-historical wargame that employs units (so no malifaux or x-wing for me). Is there anything outside of wmh that fits that bill?

It's a great game with some of the cleanest rules around.

The online community is shit as you can clearly see from this thread. Veeky Forums has one of the worst warmahordes communites. But get in contact with your local scene.

The LA, Padasdena, LA and Philly local communities are all good.

Veeky Forums hates it 'cause Veeky Forums hates everything that isn't GURPS.

It also hates GURPS.

As someone who's been an event organizer, let me just say this:

>Model Conversions
The conversion guidelines are the strictest they can be on paper just so that people can be 100% sure of the models they are using are legal for tournament play.

The only rule that is strictly enforced is the no copyrighted material rule, which is just for liability. PP cannot officially condone the technically unauthorized use of other people's IPs. The good part about this rule is that it stops that one autistic faggot who insists he must convert his 40k/WMH/etc. army to fucking My Little Pony shit.

Let me emphasize the Golden Rule at the bottom, as that is what the majority of us use. Let me also emphasize the statement at the top, that "An EO can make exceptions to these rules to approve any reasonable conversions." Generally my ruling is 'if I can correctly name the unit/character right away' it's legal.

So all you really need to do is:
>make sure they're on the right bases
>make sure that they're at least built on the original model
>make sure that you aren't swapping guns for swords
>make sure they don't have any copyrighted material on them
and they'll likely be approved.

As for the community themselves, I have not witnessed any elitism about lack of canon paint jobs or conversions. I'm playing with a Circle Orboros list that is silver and red instead of gold and green, and people comment on my painting in a positive manner. In fact, it's encouraged to paint your own version of armies. Having Red Cygnar or Blue Khador isn't going to DQ you, and you should report any EO who gives you any issue not specified here.

>Players are hard cheese not-friendly for new players and in club
Some people are players who just want to play full-size scenario games, as practice for tournaments. However, most stores that I frequent as a PG have people who are willing to play smaller lists or help people get back into the game. Most of us do not want to play with the same people running the same lists every single week. Part of the fun I get in playing is using battleboxes to help people learn the game or let them see how certain factions operate.

Do what suggests. I try to get a journeyman going once a season.

>The game heavily promotes setting up combos within your own list and counterpicking against your opponent's.
>So, Warmahordes is generally on a competitive bent, something the community struggles with. There's very much a thing where even most casual games are taken as practice for competitive events.
This is the case for my local stores. Most of the games are 75pt lists with scenarios.

My defense of this style of play is that the game functions so much better when you're not just trying to wipe the other person out. This also allows you to play armies that are more defense-oriented on points without losing simply because you can't wipe out the opponent. This also prevents other kinds of armies from hanging their Warcaster/Warlock/HQ in the back corner behind a wall (if you lose that unit, you lose the game).

However, most people in my store ask if you want to play against a competitive list, or just a for-fun list.

>It has some pretty steep as hell learning curves, and the game is built very heavily on unit synergy, interactions, and certain special rules
>This means that there is a shitload of gotchas in this game, where you'll run into an opponent who isn't playing the normal shit and pulls some crazy stuff on you you aren't ready for.
>Rules interactions can get super complicated.
>Be very aware that Warmahordes is a rules as written game.
It's kind of like Magic: The Gathering, in a way. PP's done a good job of making sure the rules are written as they intend for them to work, but keeping things updated is a bit of a task with units being on paper cards. I could suggest the official rules app, but I'd be accused of shilling. It does work pretty good now, and costs as much as a 40k book+codex.

Is War Room still a laggy piece of shit? Have been out of the scene since shortly before the end of Mk. II.

Not op, but God damn, I'm jealous of people who have places where people play regularly. I got a 2-player box for Christmas that I haven't touched because no none is interested in anything but MtG.

Like, I can't even fathom walking into a store and just seeing people playing a minis game. It simply blows my mind that these places exist.

I don't know app code that well, but War Room 2 is in no question infinitely better than the piece of shit War Room 1 was. Rules are generally updated the day they are released, although Tinkerhouse's support leaves something to be desired. However, you shouldn't need to talk to their support at all.

I was a cards and markers guy in MK2, but in MK3 I've completely switched to using the app for lists and playing.

The only real problem is justifying the (re)purchase of the faction decks, especially now that the Rules Digest and soon all cards will be free to download as PDFs. That said, I still bought it, and rationalzied it as "I'd have to buy books in 40k."

You'll still get people here bitching about how Unity is a terrible program to develop on, and how their 4 year old tablets battery life sucks running it, but for 99% of the devices out there the program no longer crashes.

Don't come to Veeky Forums to ask about wargames. They'll mostly just throw shit opinions and dry memes at you.

If you like the idea of a game with big robutts/monsters and magic & there's a decent number of players near you just try it at the smallest level like batleboxes.

War Room 2 is pretty solid thus far

That's odd, where are you? When I lived in central Oklahoma, I had a store that was populated with people for both 40k and WMH.

In all fairness, I am in the Pacific Northwest now where Privateer Press is housed, so to have game nights 3x/week in my metro area and two major metro areas supporting it is probably a bit out of the norm.

That said, it sucks to hear it's not picked up where you are. Overall, I think MK3 is good, and it definitely has breathed life back into my local scenes. We regularly have double the number of players now than we did playing this time last year, and it's to the point to where we're fighting with MTG tables for game space.

As a side note: PP conversion policies may also be in place at PP run events because they stream the games and would rather show off the unconverted models online.

what's the single greatest model in the whole lineup?

I don't mean stat cards, I mean straiht up good solid mini figure with a great amount of detail and proo

the thing that gets me the most about warmahordes is how the community is about painting.

50% play unpainted and/or half-assembled
25% play primed black with or or two colors on certain parts of the model
and only 25% play with a painted army with little or no unpainted models

even right now, there was a forum thread about someone wanting to incentivize painting, and he got this flood of people who just want to play with their bland gray models with gaps and shitty glue jobs. people literally saying "i didn't buy these models to paint them".

I'd say Una the Falconer is high up there. There's just so much going on with that model in terms of detail.

PA about an hour and a half to two hours away from Philly, and about an hour from Reading.

There are two game stores within 15 minutes of me, both of which have failed to get table top off the ground. There's a third an hour away that has like one guy for warhammer, who claims people play, but I've never seen it. They have a good table and fantastic terrain that my friend and I have played on, but we stopped going because it was just us and not worth driving an hour away to play with just us.

It's literally all Magic with spatterings of other card games. That's it.

Your area sounds fun. Color me jealous.

>"i didn't buy these models to paint them"
>Shell out lodsemone for plastic action figures
>Don't want to paint them
FUGG

Painting models is half the reason I want to get into a wargemu

>Pacific Northwest
I live in Redmond Washingtoke and though I have yet to start canvasing for game stores the innernet searches I've run are coming up shockingly dry for this area. I would have thought with all the NERDS up here there'd be more game stores

>Look at my closest store's event calander
>MGT MGT MGT MGT MGT XWING
>Pokemon and Genderqueer meetup on Saturday!
Fugg

neat

any others?

its an alright game, but the tournament scene(read:most of what the game is about) can be cancerous as fuck
its a game filled with gotchas, and a lot of things are based on exceptions to the rules, rather than new things they can do, which can be supremely frustrating
the hobby aspect is also pretty poor a lot of the time, expect to see a lot of unpainted/primed and dipped armies

>non-canon colours
Can you stop lying. There are no such thing as canon colours.

Cygnar is blue and Khador is red
Fite me

Escalation book.

C'mon, man. They're still sporting Khador's red.

I've had this problem before. I painted my Cygnar green because I wanted a loyalist army, and I was accused of cheating twice and got constant requests to ask what the fuck I was fielding on the table because people thought I was playing mercs, even when using distinctive casters like Haley2.

Have you seen new books?

Is this thread a meme or are warmachine players functionally retarded?

>Judge!
>yes? What's the problem?
>his models are painted. It's confusing
>oh... Oh my. Let get the EO and clear this with him
>EO here. What's wrong?
>this players opponent is using painted models. We're unsure about the legality of this
>Well, it's certainly unusual, but I'm pretty shirt he's playing Cryx. Look at the green.
>actually, it's Cygnar
>oh, well then I guess he's out because I couldn't tell what they were

I'm tempted to get a Stormraptor despite not playing Circle. Well, strictly speaking despite not playing at all anymore.
Still, such a pretty model...

It's a meme game for contrarian hipsters who literally won't play 40k because "popular = bad hurrrrrrrrr", what do you think?

Con confirm, I was accused of trying to decieve my opponents with my gold, red and brass CoC.

Some of it is obviously exaggerated, but a large swath of warmahordes players is legitimately awful.

Except 40k is kinda shit, though. I've been playing it for years, and I never thought I'd actually want to go back to 5th edition. 7th is a fucking mess full of shit that is over powered and undercosted while entire armies are left in a cess pit of shitty rules that are basically unplayable.

Veeky Forums doesn't have a consesus on anything.
We're not an ancient council of sages, we're just a bunch of squabbling faggots who love to argue.

I'd suggest you to watch other people playing, either at your FLGS or on youtube, and decide if you like it or not.

Weird, there should be plenty of stores in Seattle/Bellevue that cater to it. I'm down in Portland/Vancouver so I can't say which ones up there are good or not.

No, you didn't. I doubt you even own this army.
Maybe if you literally dipped them in those pots of colors, otherwise I'm pretty sure any reasonable person can identify the unique clockwork aesthetic of Convergence.

Nowhere in the packets are color schemes mentioned. Failure to identify an unconverted model properly is the fault of the other player. EOs aren't given the leeway to deem a model illegal because of color scheme.

Source: I'm an EO and a judge. Believe me, I'd kick out all the people playing in solid primer black if I had grounds to do so.

40k has never been a good game, with either interesting rules or balanced factions. It's just an average game with mediocre balancement that happens to be, and to have been for decades, the most popular wargame.

Yea, but at least I had fun with friends.

I ain't got shit now. It sucks.

t. pp cuck

40k: Great models, great fluff, bad rules
WMH: Great rules, okay fluff, bad models

Did I say anything about PP games? Yes? No? I guess you're just projecting, you GW cuck.

Yeah, and she got a resculpt last year. Much better.

Yes. For all the shit it gets here it IS a good game. It has some major issues from the very rough edition change, but it is steadily heading in a good direction.

See if you can get an intro game from a Press Ganger (volunteers recruiter for the game) in your ares and see for yourself.

>The rules are getting very convoluted and many units/characters etc that were great now suck, some are totally unbalanced and broken.
Yeah, balance is a problem right now, but it's improving. The Skorne Errata is a good indicator that they know how to improve the game and are willing to take major steps in that direction.
>Some factions are getting left behind, a-la GW's old Codices.
That faction is called Convergence. You knew what you were getting into.
>The quality of their models, both the sculpting and production, are very hit-n-miss, it's like playing Russian Roulette.
Definitely true for the production, but subjective for the sculpts.
>Games and tournies can be very restrictive as well, fit their mold or you'll be DQ'd. Not a whole lot of room for individual creativity.
If that "individual creativity" is cheating, then yes you'll get DQ'd for that.

ITT People that hate Warmachine because the game has the same flaw of every other Wargame.

I played Infinity, Warhammer, Warmachine and I have read the rules of a bunch of other Wargame.

I have to tell that all the hate for Warmachine comes from 2 kind of people:
1] The ones that played with shitty people, and so hate the game while they should hate the people;
2] People that just like to throw shit around (and usually those are the one that play the worse game around).

The truth is that every game offer something.

What warmachine offer is one of the best rulebook out there and the production house that strive for give the best balance in the game. New edition has been a bit of a mess, but in 6 month they have done A LOT of things to correct they mistake. I mean how many game have the producer admit to have made a mistake with an army (after seeing torunament result and player evaluation) and made an Errata to correct it ?

Warmachine is not for the ones that want a miniature HOBBY. The model are not customizable and the conversion policy strict.

>conversion policy
However, the cooler a conversion looks the more likely it is to be accepted into mostly any tournament. WTC is not PP official, but pretty much as official as it gets outside of that. And that event saw a completely scratch-built army by a Belgian guy. It got accepted purely on the grounds of looking amazing.

If I may add:

When Convergence was created, it was stated pretty clearly it would have received much less regular updates than the other factions.

Speaking of individual creativity at tournaments, Warmahordes offers you lots of room for creativity in each faction. Some casters and models are suboptimal, but most factions have several viable casters wich work well with different combinations of units for competitive play.
If we're comparing it to WH40k ... well, half the factions there rely on one or two builds to be competitive and the other half simply can't be competitive at all. Lots of room for creativity there, right?

As far as CoC goes, I don't think it's as straightforward as that. They've still a great faction, competitively, and their recent tier list was one of the better ones.

But waiting 2-3 years(longer if you consider that all the other releases had been in the book, so it was just waiting for a model) to get one of the worst Colossals in the game, a model never worth putting on the table, certainly wasn't fun for CoC players.

As far as balance goes, I don't think it's fair to compare to other games. Yea, it's easy to make the game's balance look good compared to 40k, but that doesn't change the fact that Warmahordes has some fucking terrible internal balance in places. Better to judge and discuss it in a vacuum, rather than simply going "Well, 40k is worse!".

HAHAHA! GREAT FLUFF! 40k!
Oh you jokester.

Now THIS is a gorgeous as fuck model. Her and this thing make for a decent pairing?

I don't know anything about warmahoards, just that it's run by someone worse than satan and everyone in my backyard plays it over all other wargames (save for x-wing)

I like'd this models design when I glossed over it in the store. Maybe I should pick up circle to play then?

Fuck the furry army box though, that shit did not interest me.

Warmahordes is about combos, synergy, list building and competitive play. If those things do not interest you, don't play it.

>combos
>synergy
Maybe for specific casters, but not as an overarching theme of the game as a whole. And even then, most of the game's synergy is, "oh shit caster supports this model really well, so I'll spam that model". Amon and Harkevich jack spam is neither big nor clever. It is, however, VERY effective and nigh-impossible to beat without a serious skew.

Most of the WMH fluff is pretty damn good and the stuff that isn't good is not outright bad. And remember it wasn't too long ago that Grey Knights were slaughtering allies to smear their armor in blood in order to fight demons of hate and violence and commanders were in three places at opposite ends of the Imperium at the same time.

Not to mention that armies typically have auto include units because they do everything's job but better. I'm looking at you Satyxis Raiders.

Dude, it was in the original FAQ about Convergence when they launched. One of the answers directly stated that Convergence would only get new models when the staff felt like it and that there was a chance (albeit slim) that they would receive NO new models EVER.

> "oh shit caster supports this model really well, so I'll spam that model"
To my knowledge this has only happened 4 times in the last half decade. Una, Vyros, Amon and Harkevich. Three of those are all in the last one year, and one has been considerably nerfed through errata.

>not as an overarching theme of the game as a whole
Yes as a specific theme for the game as a whole. Ogryn warspears want an Ogryn warlord, Grotesques almost need an assassin to be viable, Strider Scouts enjoy having a Deathstalker, Farrow Brigands and Commandos run much better under Carver and Midas than under Arkadius, the Protectorate almost needs to take a choir if they want to run warjacks, the Trollbloods need to take a krielstone if they take any infantry, Legion needs to take a hellmouth if they take any infantry, Lylith wants to take a bolt thrower for it's animus, Thagrosh wants Typhon for his. I could go on. There are dozens of pairings and triplets of units/models that all feed off of each other and and make the others better. That you and many others view the pairings as mandatory is actually what makes it a synergy based game.

It's okay, your Convergence guys can come hang out with my red, gold, brass, and green Retribution.

On Veeky Forums, everyone has a little Skorne inside.

Sell your models now I have inside information the company is going under

I would but i play _Cryx_

Are you that guy that said they fired a load of people and keeps popping up talking shit about the inner mechanics but won't post any proof?

>To my knowledge this has only happened 4 times in the last half decade. Una, Vyros, Amon and Harkevich.
Butcher2 with Doomreavers?
Banes with Skarre or Denny or whatever?
Calandra and elemental lights spam?
Rhulic casters and their jacks?
Magnus and Buccaneer Brigade?
I've also seen Caine2 and a Hunter spam

>he good part about this rule is that it stops that one autistic faggot who insists he must convert his 40k/WMH/etc. army to fucking My Little Pony shit.
Late but I remember seeing this once. one dude was using a bunch of MLP figures for his Brettonians. I will never understand some people.

Army that looked like that played at WTC. No one batted an eye.
tomas-mennes.squarespace.com/mecha-legion/

He probably is. Likely the same as the Guild Ball guy.
Every thread this faggot says something like "Lead Creative Guy is getting fired because he's ruffling feathers, can't name names" despite him literally being on podcasts sounding enthusiastic and shit. Thinking people like me don't literally live in walking distance off PP HQ and would know on our groupme/discords that there were rumblings in the jungle.
Sorry buddy, nobody wants to play your boring soccermachine clone.

>Butcher2 with Doomreavers?
I'll admit I forgot about this one.
>Banes with Skarre or Denny or whatever?
Not *a* caster supporting *one* model/unit. This was one unit being outright retarded good.
>Calandra and elemental lights spam?
Not a caster supporting *one* model/unit.
>Rhulic casters and their jacks?
Not *a* caster supporting *one* model/unit.
>Magnus and Buccaneer Brigade?
Forgot about this one too.

What would I be looking at if I wanted a full sized Circle of Orboros army to start off with? I like hippy nature guys.

I think this is my favorite model in the game, but from what I've gathered, minions are very limited and you're forced to play both gators and pigs. On top of that, they're hardly supported and don't even have a colossal from what I've seen.

What good is wanting to play Gatormen when you can't play Gatormen?

I used to play but got disheartened by their decisions going into the latest edition of the rules (MkIII)

>still lots of shit restic minis, despite promises of hard plastic

The material they use is terrible and yet they charge as much or more than the old metals

>they set a policy to dictate how much people can charge for their products

So you can't find any good deals anymore, I'm not paying more for less. I can spend the same and get better quality resin or plastic minis elsewhere

>the colossals meta

If you don't shell out for one of their huge mechs you're at a disadvantage. In their misguided attempt to make people take more warjacks they just made a slew of 2 colossal skew lists

Really it seemed like coming from a company that started out trying to upset the balance of GW being the major gaming company they copied all the shitty moves and attitudes with none of the quality

>circlejerking about forumite issues

Colossals aren't required. Plenty of lists deal with them trivially, you just suck.

>le elitist may-may

Yeah, well I buy a game to enjoy it not to help retards like you jerk off about how great your build is.

I guess that's another reason no to get into it OP