pastebin.com/5WRmjFMJ

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:
So...what is next? Seraphon? Follower of Khorne? Fyreslayers?

Stormcast

Gonna try this for upcoming tournament.
Want to try something experimental.

I see your really pushing new ground with the Mourngul unit.

Has anyone tried a similar list? The idea is to screen the acolytes with the stormfiends, while the warlock gives the acolytes inspiring presence and the warpfire throwers go after high armor units. Ranged heavy lists would probably eat this list most likely though.

Part of me wants Wanderers to be next in order to give them more meat, but I also like them being a little niche army.

Plus, Death needs some attention stat.

That feeling when you go to GW main site click all armies of death tab and there's only 54 options compared to order's 187 and chaos' 172. Even destruction has like 94 choices, and then people complain that we spam mournghouls when that's all ya get with death.

>mfw it costs 720 canuck bux to buy the acolytes alone...

>death player
>spamming mourngul

mournghouls you say?

Looks brutal man

Why even have Nagash there anymore? He's completely gimped with match play rules.

Which one would you choose?
Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (340)
Necromancer (120)

Battleline
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)

Units
2 x Morghast Archai (240)
2 x Morghast Archai (240)
Summoning (480)

Behemoths
Mourngul (400)

Total: 1520/2000

Try to add those blood knights to the second list and we've got something.

You could swap the necromancer for a vamp lord and give the zombies that'll begin to mass up an extra attack each so they're a viable threat.

I would choose the second list with morghast everytime.

they are the tax I don't think they are even supposed to be a threat.
they are there to hold an objective before Arkhan summon the death

what's the best way to make a mortal-centric disciples of tzeentch army? I'm thinking a pyrofane cult with 3 units of acolytes, a chaos sorcerer Lord on manticore and then maybe something else, but i feel.like that list wouldn't have enough melee power

You can make a blob of zombies into a pretty good threat, 40 zombies are 3+3+ and with a vamp lord that's even better. And Arkhan is very good at summoning zombies.

if you field a fucking pyrofane cult you don't need melee power. make a first draft to see what it looks like, so you can receive critics from there

So what are my chances of beating a tzeentch shooting army with a mostly footslogging khorne daemon army?

As much chances that rock can win vs paper.

Well shit. What are my options then? I was hoping to avoid this bullshit ranged spam but it seems GW is making the same mistakes they did with 40k.

To be fair i could add in a VL, and i'd still have 340 left to summon with (and an extra spell for Arkhan)
This is just something i might start after i burn through my 40k backlog

Just got back into painting after a few years, any reason to take acolytes over horrors or have I wasted my time with these

That's fair i'm running at 2k atm
arkhan
30 zombies
4 morghast archai
corpse cart
necromancer
vampire lord
and 660 summoning points.

its the hard counter, every type of list got a hardcounter and the only way to beat paper is to play scissor. With khorne that probably mean sayl and scaarac or skarbrand until the OP forgeworld khorne dragon come out

You must have to carry a lot of extra stuff around then? That's the only thing that bugs me about starting that list

That's gorgeous, user.

will do, as an aside, what do people think about doing up acolytes and blending their extremities from flesh to metals?

Well i currently own 120 zombies so I feel you man. I was playing something close to that with Nagash as well if your opp cant chew through 40 zombies a turn whilst dealing with Nagash you can kinda push them over.

>blending their extremities from flesh to metals

thats a good idea

here we go
am i being a cancerous faggot with this list?

I don't think so. You aren't spamming Skyfyres at least.

Fatemaster as a non-general is garbage. What is he meant to do?

oh, does he need to be general to use his command trait? i need to read the rules again

I should probably advise you that that army sucks.

The Courtier is going to die turn one to either a Hurricanum, Kroak, or some other ranged unit. Then you have no more Heroes left.

The Mournguls will never earn their points back, so three of them are all but worthless. One to tie up a Deathstar with is great, but any more and you just take huge chunks out of your army for little benefit. They aren't 400 points worth of killy. They aren't fast. The only thing they do well is not dying, but that doesn't help them.

And once the Courtier is dead, the Ghouls don't have enough support to stay alive anymore so something will just steamroll over them, never mind that any war machine that scales with target unit size will burn them clear off the board.

The only wins this army will get you are going to be achieved via opponents refusing to fight three Mournguls and forfeiting.

First, those look amazing.

Second, yes, there are reasons. The Battletome has a bunch of Battalions that make Kairics much better, like the one that lets them shoot in the Hero Phase or the one that has a chance of spawning a Tzaangor whenever an Acolyte bites it.
Other than that, though, you take Kairics because they tank Mortal Wounds and Wounds with Rend better than Pink Horrors and because they're slightly better in melee.

All in all you've done nothing wrong with them and, frankly, those look so good that leaving them in a display case would be a total waste.

I still want to try what may seem dumb but a Karic Acolyte deathstar, like try to go Pyrofane Cult, and use a warshrine to give them basically three chances to save any given wound, and just swamp a dude.

I think they may be too expensive. I still think they're a bit overcosted by like 20-40 points, as much as I love them.

Absolutely agree, 120 or 100 points would make them much more worth it.

You could also try a Fatesworn Warband from the Everchosen book. Buy units of 10, only field 9s to get the sacred number buff going and you're done. Kairic Acolytes with an additional 6+ save-after-the-save and -1 Rend regardless of which weapon they picked.

Fuck, why are Chaos Manticores so god damn weak?!

Not mine, but something that really impressed me.

How do you make best use of a Roidrage Traumaturge?

Those sturgeons are hilarious.

Grab it and bash your opponent on the head with it, while screaming off the top of your lungs.

Distraction. If the opponent has any clue whatsoever what that thing is capable of, he will devote ridiculous amounts of resources to killing him, thereby ignoring the rest of your army, whihc can be fatal if he ignores, oh, I dunno, six Tzaangor Enlightened zipping behind him to kill his war machines.

If the opponent doesn't fall for it, well, he is damn scary in melee and can earn his points back damn quick if ignored.

Don't listen to him. Use every anti magic hero you can, you have them for a reason.

Obligatory Elves When?

>Fatesworn Warband

...damn, you know, if you ran THAT with a warshrine nearby, you'd get FOUR chances to save at normal wounds.

yo /AoS/ !
you might have remenber me from a past thread asking for advice for a khorne marauder heavy list at a 1000pts tournament, and to thank you guys for your advices, i will tell you how went the first match:

my army was 4 units of 5 horsemen marauders, a secrator, a slaugterpriest, wrathmongers and two blob of marauders/bloodreavers
against me was a dude with a great unclean, 2 times 3 f**ing shitfly, the most horribly painted gaunt summoner i've seen, and a bunch of plague bearer

i was tabled at turn 3. The flies ate my horsemen, the gaunt torch down half of one blob with a single spell, the second blob of bloodreaver didn't manage to kill enough flies to reverse the situation (even with 45 attacks), and get tabled.
After that it was just cleaning me off the table with the flies and the great unclean

here you go ! i'm proud of my army and it was quite impressive when deployed, but it's really shit crunch wise ...
(sorry for the shitty photo, i don't have any camera on me)

I'm not going to say "I told you so.", but I told you so.
That said, do post a pic here when you get your hands on a camera. I'm curious to see your guys in detail.

So I hate the actual Chaos Warshrine model but want to play one with my Bloodbound.

I'm currently looking at scratch building something on the same base with a Slaughterpriest at a chopping block and a great fuckoff mound of skulls (with some hulking dudes or flesh hounds to represent the bearers), but this obviously presents such questions as 'How the fuck does that travel 8" a turn?'.

If I prioritize representing the movement rules then the Chaos Chariot is the obvious starting point, but it becomes a lot harder to fit in a bunch of skulls, and I don't want to disappoint Special K.

Seeking any cool Warshrine scratchbuilds or conversions, suggestions, and thoughts about whether making it look more mobile is actually that important.

Would any of think it would be funny or that guy-ish is if your opponent summoned Archaon the Everchosen from a bray shaman using it's Savage Dominion spell?

In open play and/or narrative play, not matched play, becuase that would be silly.

Maybe fluff it out in such a way that it rolls on the skulls like a wave, much like the casket of souls from Tomb Kings

Going to try THIS in shop today. Might take out fiends for hpa to pair with grinder rather than stormies, so they can stay and get those lovely buffs from my warbringer

i'll do so ! (the horsemen riders are not fully paint, and i haven't based anything though)

have you got any advice for mounting a 1000pts khorne army that is competitive ?
can be slave to darkness/khorne demons/khorne bloodhound

brass stampede + scaarac or skarbrand + sayl.

so we can use the wing for varghulf and models for abyssal terror

Unless you are completely clueless on how GDesign works, they have to be 140 points.
At 100 or 120 point Everybody would just squeeze 80-120 of them in a pyrofire cult and at 2k because it would be the strongest option on the whole book by far, easily above everything else, throwing unternal balance out of the window amd redicing tzeentch to monobuild to wound anything on 2+ with 240 bolts a turn

what's scaarac and sayl ?

This, I understood immediately their price when i saw the witchfire coven and pyrofane cult.
Even GW commented on facebook that they know they would have been too strong if cheaper. Some clueless 14 years old gits wanted them to be 60 points or something..

Look for "Skaarac" and "Sayl" in the phone app with all warscroll for free.
It's a very Strong khorne combo

Why do you hate the model? It's good.

The fastest footsloggers you'll ever see.

Thoughts?

Slow ass melee list/10

I figured I'd make up for it on the charge by spamming Bloodstoker's and the Mighty Lord's command ability.

But wouldn't it more sensible to nerf the batallions and in exchange make the dudes cheaper? Because some people might want to use them without batallions or such.

It's basically, like, my opinion man.

I don't like the brutes for this, though they look like good base models for fun Spawn alternatives.

I'm only going to be playing it as Khorne, but the model is a big compromise that lacks ways to make it distinctively devoted to any specific god (there are some, I know, just not enough). I do like the chopping block, but the palanquin / shrine doesn't feel like something that was designed to be carried, and looks like a stiff breeze would tip it off the bearers' backs.

It fills its base to an uncomfortable degree, the middle part is very visually busy, and then the big icon on top is just lookit mah chaos.

I really want something that people look at and go 'Whoah, that's a shrine to someone REALLY INTO skulls and blood' instead of something where you have to know that that's what the symbol on top means.

why trying to turn scissor into a paper to beat rock instead of just choosing paper ?

I regularly play against Ironjaws.

With the Ironfinst battalions their infantry move an average of 11".

That is very far from being a fast footsloggers list.

I understand what you say.
Without the limitations of the bataillon you could spam them in much greater number because you would not care about bataillons, some could also whine how tzeentch doesn't have enough good bataillon etc (given each bataillon let you take an additional magic item for a hero)

It also nerf a complete play-style and fluff just for the 2 people that want to field 2x10 as a cheap naked tax.
I don't think it's more sensible, you can still use them without bataillon, they would just be overshadowed by other thing. It throws off internal balance if they become much cheaper even without bataillon. It would be hard justifying fielding pink horror for example because why not use the kairic as cheap tax to put more skyfire Into the list.
But then you could say ;"Just change the points and abilities for other units" and it would be another battletome entirely at this point.

I think they found a near perfect place in the book right now, and I hope future book will have the same internal balance.

Also, for 40Euros per box you better have 280 points out of it and not 160 or something.
Don't get me wrong, I have 80 of them so if they make it better I would like it, but I also now I will end up like a no-soul and no-playstyle dark eldar player. All dark eldar player in the world monobuild the same list and spam the same unit and play the exact same way since they updated the line in 2007 or something. and to me, it's just bad.

was meant for

Has anyone got the PDF of the Spire of Dawn Warscrolls?

I've posted this three days in a row now with zero feedback. Cmon guys.

There isn't much TO say. I don't see what the Warlord's for when you have the Verminlord and with that many Clanrats you could afford to toss the Stormfiends and using Skryre Acolytes instead, but a lot of people hate the old as fuck Globadier models, so I'll assume you do, too.
The Warp Grinder is worthless as well. Toss the Grinder and the Warlord and you'd have 200 points to play with.

But those are all minor complaints. It's a decent list. It's not bad and it isn't good enough that people won't play against it.

Not that user, but having two General's works with the Verminus claw pack. Allows you to use both.

I've been trying to work out a colorscheme for the upcoming SC guys, but I'm not sure what to do beyond using bold, bright colors. Opinions?
The first one was done by another user, but I actually like that one quite a lot. Certainly more than the super-boring original scheme.

I'm thinking that more somber colors and patterns would look good on the fur and a combination of brighter and flamboyant colors on the feathers would compliment it all.
In anycase, good job so far with the variants user.

I'd personally go for a turquoise scheme like they used for the Battlemage on Griffon on their website.

I personally like the blue and red scheme you've mocked up.

no comment means nothing to say. usually means its good

Can't claim credit for the blue and red one. Another user came up with that last thread. But, yeah, it is pretty cool.
The original color is just so boring. Technically well done, no doubt, but the design is so over the top, I feel like the colors should reflect that.

>slow melee list
>really high model count
so not only would you lose every game but you would make your opponent wait while you slowly move over a hundred models

Those look great. Well done!

How plausible d'you reckon making this model female without being crass about it is?

It's already slender, wide hipped and long haired, so all it really needs is breasts and a top.

Goddamn picture forgotten

depends a LOT on how good you are at sculpting

I do have a spare front torso from Scourges I was considering dry fitting on it. Would simplify the ammount of sculpt work if it works.

Why even bother? Just stick a Dark Elf Sorceress on top of the Disc.

I might lose the helm, maybe add some curls like off of an Egyptian wig, try to make the head look less savage perhapse, especially if she's a leader making her look sharper would be a good call

But user, birds don't have breasts. How do you know that model isn't already female?

Because these are beast folk, explicitly mutated from/decended from humans

But that's not a bird. It's a beastman, a birdman if you like. And men do have breasts, at least female men do, they're called women.

Hmm, after a quick stint in photoshop I feel like those colors would work well for my Radiant Gallants. Though I doubt I can paint it that well...
Or should I go for something else?

Nice Tzeentchcast.

Mm, looks like a no.

The Eldar torso is much too small, and in person the pecs are far too developed to do this idea without a complete resculpt.

You'd probably need a substantially chunkier female body, I'd guess. Warmahordes has a few lightly dressed reasonably large females.

Try the Trollkin range; That might have a good mixture of thick and lightly dressed women.

How viable is a mixed Tzeentch list with daemons and mortals? From my understanding, they don't seem to have any innate bonus for being together.

>not going for pigeon colour scheme, or peacock colour scheme, or arthurian questing beast colour scheme